[ROM][OFFICIAL][guacamoleb][13] PixelExperience 6th January 2023

Search This thread

shantanusarkar

Jul 10, 2021
OnePlus 7
NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for OnePlus 7 [guacamoleb]
What is this?
PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation). Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on: Android 13

Known issues
Battery drain might be high or battery might skip percentages. OnePlus made some mistake in the kernel.
You tell me

* Bugs reported without logs will be ignored.

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
Download from PixelExperience website

Installation Instructions:
https://wiki.pixelexperience.org/devices/guacamoleb/install/

Properties: Non-SDCardFS, FBEv2, EROFS/F2FS

Donation links:
PayPal
UPI: [email protected]

Stay tuned

Our Telegram channel
Our blog
Support Telegram channel

Last edited:

Alexoxo

Jun 24, 2020
NFjZzFl.png

What is this?
PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation). Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on: Android 12.1

Whats working?
Wi-Fi, RIL, Mobile data, GPS, Camera, Flashlight, Bluetooth, FM radio, Fingerprint reader, Face unlock, NFC, Lights, Sound/vibration

Known issues
Nothing yet
You tell me

Donation links:
PayPal

Stay tuned

Our Telegram channel
Our blog
Support Telegram channel

really is there the fm radio?

Prashant k

Feb 6, 2016
Bangalore, India
The vibration strength option is not there, due to which during calls and notifications vibration motor makes noise due to high strength. I've seen this option in other ROMs Stock AOSP, and maybe in Deroferst or Havoc (not sure).
Please fix this if possible in some hotfix.

Overall the ROM is so damn good, except for this issue.

Reactions: rohanrana

rohanrana

Nov 24, 2012
The vibration strength option is not there, due to which during calls and notifications vibration motor makes noise due to high strength. I've seen this option in other ROMs Stock AOSP, and maybe in Deroferst or Havoc (not sure).
Please fix this if possible in some hotfix.

Overall the ROM is so damn good, except for this issue.
Experiencing same issue. Other than that rom is awesome and behaves as expected

shantanusarkar

Jul 10, 2021
OnePlus 7
Can we somehow change this with custom kern. But I'm not able to find any kernel fpr Android 12.

Pls suggest if you have any leads
I've told you on telegram and still you are spamming xda. I told you that I'll push it in further builds. Moreover reporting one thing over and over again won't help. This is the first release. Have some patience. And this is not the only work that I've throughout the day.

cycloneblast

Oct 14, 2012
Johor Bahru
Been using this ROM for a few days and overall it has been a very pleasant experience. Thank you for the hard work!

Just a minor issue: There seems to be some issue with Google Pay. While the app itself works fine (transactions, rewards etc.), contactless payment through NFC just doesn't seem to work. NFC itself, however, works. My device is not rooted. May I know if anyone is also facing this issue?

It has been a while since I left the Android modding scene, so I don't really know what is really going on TBH. I installed the ROM as per the instructions on the PixelExperience wiki. 😳

fr_arnob

Jul 13, 2022
Do I need to copy oos 11 partitions everytime before flashing a rom? I was previously on Evolution X and had L1... Now that I have flashed PE Plus my L1 is gone.. what to do?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    January update is out
    I want to have the ability to record call without announcement and I have searched a lot but found no solution. I don't want to root. I tried to install OnePlus's dialer app
    If anyone has a non-invasive solution for this than please point me into the right direction. I would really appreciate.

I studied this topic quite deeply and as I wrote in my post a little higher here, you can "break" the recording warning in google dialer simply by installing TTSLexx and selecting it as default text-to-speech app. This way you can manually turn on call recording without voice warning.

No application without root will make it possible to record calls on new versions of android using system sound, google has done everything to prohibit recording, the dialer application must be a system app. More about this is written here:
    https://nllapps.com/apps/cb/accessibility.htm

The OnePlus app will not work on this firmware. There are no mods so far i can see.
    All the AOSP dialers and every other dialer need to be a system app to record calls.

If you need the auto call recording without root, then the last hope is to record all sound through the phone microphone. I checked both apps, they work, but of course the interlocutor is heard very badly.
    1) Cube ACR from the Play Store, after granting all rights to it, it will start call recording automatically.
    2) ACR Phone by NLL from the Play Store + you need to download the companion app to access the microphone. Here is a link to the companion and video instructions for activating it in the Android 13 section: https://acr.app/. The companion app must be granted all rights, and auto recording must be enabled in the dialer application settings. Works similar to Cube ACR.

I needed a good auto call recording, and I also didn't want to have a constant root, but the root is needed at the time of changing the rights of the google dialer. So I extracted boot.img from the firmware using Payload Dumper Gui, rooted it through magisk, and installed a modded boot on my phone. Auto recording is turned on with one flag in GoogleDialerMod app, then you can enable it in google dialer itself, that's all you need. And then you can unroot your phone by just installing boot.img without root, it will work without it. It's simple when you know how.
    I don't think that going back to oxygen os is necessary as that is required for unlocking the bootloader and going from OOS to PE. If your bootloader is unlocked and you are upgrading PE12 to PE 13 than you can follow this Link to upgrade. Read it carefully and do as it says and you are golden. You have to do a factory reset for this so you should backup your storage before you proceed.
    NFjZzFl.png

What is this?

Based on: Android 13

Known issues
    Battery drain might be high or battery might skip percentages. OnePlus made some mistake in the kernel.
    You tell me

* Bugs reported without logs will be ignored.

Installation Instructions:
    https://wiki.pixelexperience.org/devices/guacamoleb/install/

Properties: Non-SDCardFS, FBEv2, EROFS/F2FS

Donation links:
    PayPal

Stay tuned

Our Telegram channel
    Our blog
    Support Telegram channel

August update is out

Download from here: https://download.pixelexperience.org/guacamoleb

Donate if you like my work. It'll motivate me and help me in maintaining the device.
    PayPal:
    https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/shanusarkar

For all who are asking about Android 13, I'd like to say that I'm still testing Lineage OS with oxygen os 12.1 firmware. There are a few things still to be fixed and only after LOS is stable, I'll build PE because the next PE will also be based on oos 12.1 firmware. So expect a build next month with november security patch. If possible, I'll push a build within this month as well.
    Official Stable is out
    THREAD CLEANED

Some posts have been edited, some have been removed. Whenever you're reporting a bug/issue, please remember to always include logs, steps to reproduce, or something that will help a developer diagnose what's up.

Friendly reminder: developers are doing this in their free time, as a hobby, and not getting paid for it. The least you can do is be kind and if they're unable to fix your bug/issue, you can always move to a different ROM, or the stock ROM your device shipped with, easy-peasy. :)

Have a good day, y'all! (y)

Regards,
    shadowstep
    Forum Moderator