[ROM][OFFICIAL][guacamoleb][13] PixelExperience 6th January 2023

Search This thread

ateeq72

Dec 28, 2011
Chennai
OnePlus 7
The installation process was kind of hectic as I was on OOS12.1 and bootloader was locked. I had to Downgrade -> Unlock -> Upgrade -> Flash the ROM, just like guide said.

My Experience for a Day.

Pros:

- The performance is quite good. Functionality wise everything works.

- The Pixel Android 13 Experience is quite good and new after being in OOS12.1 for a while.

Cons:

- Device is kinda warm all the time and hence battery drain. (FYI: I had replaced my battery from official OnePlus Store. Hence it's new)

- Experiencing low quality video streaming in Netflix and Prime Video and Hotstar. Probably the DRM version thing. Hope the upcoming updates will fix this.

- There is some kind of lag when using Redmi Earbuds 3 Pro. i.e the audio first comes in left ear bud and then on the right one. And sometimes the audio is kinda choppy.

- Like the others had reported vibrator is too strong and makes the bottom of the phone to make noises

Other then these I find it quite compelling to stay with the ROM.

And things I miss from OOS12.1. Maybe these are available and I am not aware. Please guide if that's the case.

- Locking any App using fingerprint
- Double tap to lock on the native launcher

Edit: (24-11-2022)
Rolled back to OOS10 using MsMdownload tool and noticed that Amazon Prime was still having low quality.. May be it was due to the Show I was watching. And also checked the DRMInfo and noticed both had same `Security Level` i.e L3.

Last edited:

DrGruselglaz

Nov 12, 2009
Hey I really like the ROM, thanks for your effort.

I have two minor complains:

1. I cannot control call volume on Whatsapp calls, its always on maximum
2. The haptic feedback is always on "full power" which is sometimes a bit much.
maybe someone can help me out?

The battery life is good, not worse than oneplus default rom, the same for the brightness control, which was already bad out of the box. banking apps are working fine and android 13 upgrade with its features is very appreciated. I use Nova launcher, as I don't like the look and feel of the pixel launcher.

I was looking for a new smartphone already as I really didn't like the onepluse OS12 update, but this rom overall made my oneplus 7 way better and more usable! thanks

Reactions: Dmitriy555

mario12A

Nov 29, 2022
hi i would like to know how is the battery life on this rom
i have the oneplus 7 and im preparing to flash it now

Dmitriy555

Nov 17, 2022
Good autonomy, but the Pixel launcher eats charging, a problem with the core, there will be a fix from the developer soon. And temporarily you can put the Nova launcher and everything from the batteries will be fine)

molnard89

Oct 25, 2008
Thanks for this rom, it is brilliant. I have only problem with the mute function. As I see it doesn't work well properly with youtube. The calls are muted but youtube not.

BakaTobi

May 12, 2022
Thank you. This Pixel Experience Plus ROM is so much better than the official OxygenOS 12. Everything looks nice, works smoothly, apps load fast. Audio volume is a little bit low but that's not much of an issue. However, the audio quality (over headphones) is definitely better than Dolby Atmos that comes preloaded with OxygenOS. No issues with safetynet, and Widevine L1 security. I noticed random heating sometimes. Maybe it will be solved by itself in a week.

Can anyone suggest a camera app for this ROM? Stock OxygenOS cam port?
Can fonts be changed? OS uses Google fonts and apps use Roboto. I would like to have same fonts everywhere. Any way to do it?

Thanks.

Reactions: Sachet7

Primator

May 8, 2010
Hello everyone, I really love this rom it's fully working
Had an issue with NFC resolved with shuting down the device, changing SIM card's place and booting up (I write it, it can maybe save someone :) )
The only issue I got with this one is the battery, it uses the double of my previous stock Android12 I think. I've replaced the launcher but still high battery usage.
I lost 50% within 6-7 hours without unlocking screen.
I did a fresh install, still same
Am I the only one to think that ? Is my battery in endlife ? Or do you guys found that it's a lot excessive usage ?
thanks

shailendra1993

Apr 21, 2012
OnePlus 7
I have few questions:
1. As written in the SOP page of PE, "you need to unlock the bootloader on OOS11 then upgrade to OOS12" it says, OOS12 doesn't allow bootloader unlock, but I see the OEM unlock option in the developer option, can you please explain this?

2. Some people are saying that you have to flash the PE ROM on both the partitions A and B, but there's nothing about those partitions in the official guide.

BakaTobi

May 12, 2022
I have few questions:
1. As written in the SOP page of PE, "you need to unlock the bootloader on OOS11 then upgrade to OOS12" it says, OOS12 doesn't allow bootloader unlock, but I see the OEM unlock option in the developer option, can you please explain this?

2. Some people are saying that you have to flash the PE ROM on both the partitions A and B, but there's nothing about those partitions in the official guide.
1. Yes, it's correct that you need to unlock bootloader in OOS 11 because when you will give command to unlock bootloader in OOS 12, it will give you error-
FAILED (remote: 'Device cannot be unlocked for technical reason.')
fastboot: error: Command failed
2. That's not necessary. I didn't flash the ROM on both slots and everything still worked perfectly.

shailendra1993

Apr 21, 2012
OnePlus 7
1. Yes, it's correct that you need to unlock bootloader in OOS 11 because when you will give command to unlock bootloader in OOS 12, it will give you error-
FAILED (remote: 'Device cannot be unlocked for technical reason.')
fastboot: error: Command failed
2. That's not necessary. I didn't flash the ROM on both slots and everything still worked perfectly.
Thanks a lot, also, if in case I want to get back to OxygenOS, what can I do, can I use these?:

1. Flash the fill wipe image (from the forum post in guide section regarding the OOS repo) it with Pixel recovery, and/or
2. Follow this guide:https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...l-to-restore-your-device-to-oxygenos.3954325/

shailendra1993

Apr 21, 2012
OnePlus 7
Installed the ROM and here's what I have found, also I have some questions as well (point 8, point 9 and, point 10 if you don't want to read), please read my post and do tell me the answers:
  1. After unlocking bootloader, I upgraded to OOS based on Android 12 and then I remembered to check Widevine status, and it was L3, I forgot to check it when the bootloader was locked. But then I rolled back to Android 11 using wipe data factory package and Widevine was surprisingly was L1 on unlocked bootloader.
  2. Speaker sound is not as good as the OOS.
  3. Although, audio on Oneplus Buds Z2 is good and while using HeyMelody, I was able to get almost all of the functionality that was available on OOS, including pausing the audio when you remove one or both the buds.
  4. Slider switch works perfectly.
  5. ROM takes a bit more battery power even on standby, I have changed the launcher already.
  6. Device doesn't automatically recognizes the correct 6 digit pin as it was in OOS and, fingerprint is not as good as OOS, but works perfectly.
  7. While using Youtube Revanced, audio controls do not come up in the notification drawer and only the cover art, but it comes up for Spotify, not sure why, maybe because modded? I will try original youtube and edit this.
  8. I don't know how to root this ROM, if anyone knows do tell me.
  9. I don't know if and how can I go back to OOS, but I guess this guide should work: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...l-to-restore-your-device-to-oxygenos.3954325/ I checked that my device properly gets into EDL mode and it is recognized by my Windows 11 machine after turning on the PC with Driver Signing Enforcement thing off. If anyone knows a better method, do tell me.
  10. If anyone knows if L1 can be incorporated or can be hidden in any way on PixelExperience do tell me.
  11. I think performance (and maybe battery in future) on this ROM will be better than what we have in the stock ROM, and it is very bad, if I am ever going back to OOS, it will be OOS 11.
  12. I don't know if NFC payment works, I don't use NFC much.
  13. Will add more in future.
Thanks to the developer for this ROM, if the development continues and we have all what we need, I think I will be able to use this device for a longer duration than previously anticipated.

RoG khenwaY

May 24, 2022
NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for OnePlus 7 [guacamoleb]
What is this?
PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation). Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on: Android 13

Known issues
Battery drain might be high or battery might skip percentages. OnePlus made some mistake in the kernel.
You tell me

* Bugs reported without logs will be ignored.

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
Download from PixelExperience website

Installation Instructions:
https://wiki.pixelexperience.org/devices/guacamoleb/install/

Properties: Non-SDCardFS, FBEv2, EROFS/F2FS

Donation links:
PayPal
UPI: [email protected]

Stay tuned

Our Telegram channel
Our blog
Support Telegram channel

RoG khenwaY

May 24, 2022
@shantunu Sarkar

I am Getting Play Store not certified problem what to do plss help 🥲🥲🥲🥲
Update - My Play Store is Certified now but
My phone UI is lagging pls tell what to do

Last edited:

RoG khenwaY

May 24, 2022
Did you do the exact steps as mentioned in the guide? try factory reset again and then sideload the ROM.
bro now listen
i used msm tool to roll back to android 10 i have the global version of msm tool then i updated my phone tu android 11 then i unlocked my bootloader now i just have to update my phone to A12 then boot the recovery right ?
BUT it is not showing A12 update in sytem update so i downloaded the GLOBAL version of OOS 12.1 for OP7 and try to local update but it says now installation failed not plss tell what to do ??

i am currently at A11 GLOBAL version with bootloader unlocked everything is fine till now

shailendra1993

Apr 21, 2012
OnePlus 7
bro now listen
i used msm tool to roll back to android 10 i have the global version of msm tool then i updated my phone tu android 11 then i unlocked my bootloader now i just have to update my phone to A12 then boot the recovery right ?
BUT it is not showing A12 update in sytem update so i downloaded the GLOBAL version of OOS 12.1 for OP7 and try to local update but it says now installation failed not plss tell what to do ??

i am currently at A11 GLOBAL version with bootloader unlocked everything is fine till now
Can you try to install the wipe data update after flashing with msm tool after unlockoing bootloader and then try to local upgrade to 12.1?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    January update is out
    I want to have the ability to record call without announcement and I have searched a lot but found no solution. I don't want to root. I tried to install OnePlus's dialer app
    If anyone has a non-invasive solution for this than please point me into the right direction. I would really appreciate.

I studied this topic quite deeply and as I wrote in my post a little higher here, you can "break" the recording warning in google dialer simply by installing TTSLexx and selecting it as default text-to-speech app. This way you can manually turn on call recording without voice warning.

No application without root will make it possible to record calls on new versions of android using system sound, google has done everything to prohibit recording, the dialer application must be a system app. More about this is written here:
    https://nllapps.com/apps/cb/accessibility.htm

The OnePlus app will not work on this firmware. There are no mods so far i can see.
    All the AOSP dialers and every other dialer need to be a system app to record calls.

If you need the auto call recording without root, then the last hope is to record all sound through the phone microphone. I checked both apps, they work, but of course the interlocutor is heard very badly.
    1) Cube ACR from the Play Store, after granting all rights to it, it will start call recording automatically.
    2) ACR Phone by NLL from the Play Store + you need to download the companion app to access the microphone. Here is a link to the companion and video instructions for activating it in the Android 13 section: https://acr.app/. The companion app must be granted all rights, and auto recording must be enabled in the dialer application settings. Works similar to Cube ACR.

I needed a good auto call recording, and I also didn't want to have a constant root, but the root is needed at the time of changing the rights of the google dialer. So I extracted boot.img from the firmware using Payload Dumper Gui, rooted it through magisk, and installed a modded boot on my phone. Auto recording is turned on with one flag in GoogleDialerMod app, then you can enable it in google dialer itself, that's all you need. And then you can unroot your phone by just installing boot.img without root, it will work without it. It's simple when you know how.
    I don't think that going back to oxygen os is necessary as that is required for unlocking the bootloader and going from OOS to PE. If your bootloader is unlocked and you are upgrading PE12 to PE 13 than you can follow this Link to upgrade. Read it carefully and do as it says and you are golden. You have to do a factory reset for this so you should backup your storage before you proceed.
    NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for OnePlus 7 [guacamoleb]
    What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation). Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on: Android 13

Known issues
    Battery drain might be high or battery might skip percentages. OnePlus made some mistake in the kernel.
    You tell me

* Bugs reported without logs will be ignored.

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Installation Instructions:
    https://wiki.pixelexperience.org/devices/guacamoleb/install/

Properties: Non-SDCardFS, FBEv2, EROFS/F2FS

Donation links:
    PayPal

Stay tuned

Our Telegram channel
    Our blog
    Support Telegram channel

August update is out

Download from here: https://download.pixelexperience.org/guacamoleb

Donate if you like my work. It'll motivate me and help me in maintaining the device.
    PayPal:
    https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/shanusarkar

For all who are asking about Android 13, I'd like to say that I'm still testing Lineage OS with oxygen os 12.1 firmware. There are a few things still to be fixed and only after LOS is stable, I'll build PE because the next PE will also be based on oos 12.1 firmware. So expect a build next month with november security patch. If possible, I'll push a build within this month as well.
    Official Stable is out
    THREAD CLEANED

Some posts have been edited, some have been removed. Whenever you're reporting a bug/issue, please remember to always include logs, steps to reproduce, or something that will help a developer diagnose what's up.

Friendly reminder: developers are doing this in their free time, as a hobby, and not getting paid for it. The least you can do is be kind and if they're unable to fix your bug/issue, you can always move to a different ROM, or the stock ROM your device shipped with, easy-peasy. :)

Have a good day, y'all! (y)

Regards,
    shadowstep
    Forum Moderator