[ROM][Official][harpia] LineageOS 14.1 for Moto G4 Play

Search This thread

squid2

Recognized Developer
Mar 9, 2015
Ontario
3AjGvOY.png

I have brought LineageOS 14.1 to harpia. LineageOS is effectively a continuation of the CyanogenMod project. This is the thread for official weekly builds.

Downloads:
Official weekly builds
Lineage su addon

Changelog:
cmxlog official nightly changelogs

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 14.1 for Moto G4 Play (harpia), ROM for the Moto G4 Play

Contributors
squid2, Alberto97
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2017-01-25
Last Updated 2017-01-26

squid2

Recognized Developer
Mar 9, 2015
Ontario
Installation Instructions

1. Unlock your bootloader using a code from Motorola
  2. Install TWRP recovery
  3. Back up your current system using TWRP
  4. Wipe the system, data, cache, and dalvik cache partitions using TWRP
  5. Install using TWRP the LineageOS zip, and optionally gapps (OpenGApps work) and the su addon

If you want gapps, you must install them at the same time as installing the OS. You must not boot the system before installing gapps. Gapps will be preserved when you install a newer version of LineageOS over a previous installation. You can use OTA updates to keep up to date with the latest weekly build.

Last edited:

nysascape

Jan 24, 2016
This works on all of the models, right? I have a XT1064 and I'm seriously considering unlocking my phone just for this.

nysascape

Jan 24, 2016
Never mind. I'm real stupid xD build is smooth as butter so far.
Some questions though:
Do you know when the theme engine will be in CM14?
Will the night mode ever come back? (dark ui)

jasonmerc

Dec 14, 2012
www.ixquick.com
Moto G8
I've had pretty good GPS reception for this. Best way I personally test it is to quick pull up Pokemon Go before I install full root and go for a walk down the road quickly.
Wait what do you mean install full root? You mean flash that su extender thing squid has with the ROM?

By the way what exactly does that su thing do, if you happen to know off hand?

Orjakone

Sep 9, 2011
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Thanks to squid2 and the community for bringing the official version to our device.

Su is "su (arm)" or su (arm64)?

Review: simple install, all works, XT1600 (Retail BR)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    3AjGvOY.png

I have brought LineageOS 14.1 to harpia. LineageOS is effectively a continuation of the CyanogenMod project. This is the thread for official weekly builds.

Downloads:
    Official weekly builds
    Lineage su addon

Changelog:
    cmxlog official nightly changelogs

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1 for Moto G4 Play (harpia), ROM for the Moto G4 Play

Contributors
    squid2, Alberto97
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2017-01-25
    Last Updated 2017-01-26
    Installation Instructions

1. Unlock your bootloader using a code from Motorola
    2. Install TWRP recovery
    3. Back up your current system using TWRP
    4. Wipe the system, data, cache, and dalvik cache partitions using TWRP
    5. Install using TWRP the LineageOS zip, and optionally gapps (OpenGApps work) and the su addon

If you want gapps, you must install them at the same time as installing the OS. You must not boot the system before installing gapps. Gapps will be preserved when you install a newer version of LineageOS over a previous installation. You can use OTA updates to keep up to date with the latest weekly build.
    Test build with new blobs

I've been working on extensive security patching for this ROM lately, and part of this effort includes migrating to newer versions of proprietary binaries taken from the Nougat stock ROM (for lux/harpia). I've updated nearly every prebuilt binary, and have also done extensive kernel patching for both security and compatibility with new binaries. I've made a build with these changes. I'd like to have them well tested before I merge them into official LineageOS for this device family. Please test this build for all your normal usecases, and let me know if this breaks or fixes anything for you compared to regular official weekly builds. Please use the bundled kernel for testing, and not any custom kernels. If your carrier supports VoLTE, also let me know if VoLTE still works on this test build. Be aware that since this is an unofficial build, you will have to do a clean install. You can back up your official build with TWRP, do a clean install of this test build., and later restore your official build backup if you'd like.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/0dm2tka6i1jkjgn/lineage-14.1-20171223_192908-UNOFFICIAL-harpia.zip

For those who want to see the actual changes, look at LineageOS gerrit for the device side, and here kernel and binary wise.
    Thank You! This is a awesome work, great rom. I'm happy to known that the camera will have improvment.

Hope that the LOs project can be go to Oreo. Again, thanks for team, specialy to you @squid2

EDIT: after a rom has ended, at least in the bugs, is it possible for it to continue receiving security updates?

For this test build, the main camera change is security related (cameraserver is now a separate process).

You'll keep getting LOS 14.1 builds for 2-10 weeks (no specific timeline) while I work on polishing up LOS 15.1 for official status. Of course LOS 16.0 would be in full swing by then (work has already started on the ROM side), so depending on the status of things and how long I take, we might skip official 15.1 and jump straight to 16.0. I haven't decided on exactly how I'll be handling this, so we'll see where things are in a few weeks.
    My last LOS 14.1 build : https://androidfilehost.com/?w=profile&uid=4349826312261606582
    Changelog : https://www.lineageoslog.com/14.1 ... with June security patches.

This device will get an updated LineageOS 17.1 build.
    ==> https://www.lineageoslog.com/17.1/harpia