• If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.
  • Nearly there! Migration cleanup is mostly done. There are about 6k posts left to import, a few forum redirects to make, and minor details. All the heavy lifting is done. Would love to hear feedback over at this thread!

[ROM][Official][harpia] LineageOS 14.1 for Moto G4 Play

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
Aww I feel you man. I just recently started using moto display on my rooted stock. And, Man. That feature is godly convenient. I mean I like the textured physical lock key but having your phone light up when it is picked? Sounds like a little perk but it goes a long way in daily usage. This thing is holding me from flashing LineageOS. Thanks to all devs and supporters for their continued support for our device, keeping my fingers crossed!
DUDE, having NOT TO PRESS THE LOCK BUTTON EVERYTIME I PICK THE PHONE IS A GODSEND! having been using it for about 10 months, I really got used to it! that feature alone offsets all the percieved benefits I get from the rom (and they are a LOT)... but I regret nothing! >:V
I'm now in the quest for finding the perfect replacement... but so far AcDisplay works the best
Give Gravity Screen (available in the Play Store) a whirl. It does not provide all the functionality of Moto's Active Screen but may provide some relief. I used it for awhile on an older Moto that had difficulty waking the screen after a phone call.

Reactions: blechschere

XJeFX

Apr 14, 2009
Hello, why LineageOS doesn't ask you wich connection to internet you prefer before trying to recover any google backup in the first boot? Is there any way I can choose WiFi connection instead of 3G when lineageOs is configuring the phone? because I don't have a data plan and the only way to bypass it is to set it as a new phone but that means I lose the opportunity to recover all my configurations saved on google (wifi passwords, apps configs, etc) wich i don't want to.
Any work around? thanks.

jadephyre

Jan 30, 2008
Moers
Hello, why LineageOS doesn't ask you wich connection to internet you prefer before trying to recover any google backup in the first boot? Is there any way I can choose WiFi connection instead of 3G when lineageOs is configuring the phone? because I don't have a data plan and the only way to bypass it is to set it as a new phone but that means I lose the opportunity to recover all my configurations saved on google (wifi passwords, apps configs, etc) wich i don't want to.
Any work around? thanks.
Connect it to Wi-Fi in the setup-wizard, if connected it should download all your data over that connection.

XJeFX

Apr 14, 2009
Connect it to Wi-Fi in the setup-wizard, if connected it should download all your data over that connection.
It doesn't ask me to connect to wifi, It turns on data automatically and wants to log in to my account and recover my backups through 3g... if i refuse I can only set it as a new phone but then i lost the opportunity to recover my backup.

NOTE: Status bar isn't enabled while on setup wizard so i can't turn on wifi and connect neither.

XJeFX

Apr 14, 2009
I used the AROMA variant of those Gapps, it lets you choose which Gapps to install.
Well... if this is an issue from pico gapps, I don't know wich version of gapps has the "allow wifi in setup wizard" thing... if anyone has idea about it, I'll appreciate it.
Anyway i think this is handled by lineageos and not from gapps, so it's a bug in lineageos.

DXTN1

Apr 28, 2014
Cajamarca
Any work around? thanks.
Yeah, happened to me as well, but can't you skip the config and set that stuff later?

XJeFX

Apr 14, 2009
Yeah, happened to me as well, but can't you skip the config and set that stuff later?
so far I couldn't skip it, only to login google with data network or configure it as a new phone, that's all the options I get everytime I do a fresh install... as I don't have a data plan (it fails to login obviously, then the only option available is to "try again") I have to set it as a new phone every time and configure it all again. weird. :mad:

DXTN1

Apr 28, 2014
Cajamarca
so far I couldn't skip it, only to login google with data network or configure it as a new phone, that's all the options I get everytime I do a fresh install... as I don't have a data plan (it fails to login obviously, then the only option available is to "try again") I have to set it as a new phone every time and configure it all again. weird. :mad:
oooh the troubles I had when flashing custom roms before the data plan... Have you tried not flashing the gapps, initializing the phone and then flashing the gapps?

jadephyre

Jan 30, 2008
Moers
oooh the troubles I had when flashing custom roms before the data plan... Have you tried not flashing the gapps, initializing the phone and then flashing the gapps?
Doing it this way is likely going to lead to bootloops and apps constantly stopping. There are reasons why you flash Gapps directly after the ROM before booting the system for the first time...

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
Doing it this way is likely going to lead to bootloops and apps constantly stopping. There are reasons why you flash Gapps directly after the ROM before booting the system for the first time...
Yep - CM/LOS based ROMs are especially fussy about this. Be prepared for a rough ride if (core) GAaps are added after the initial boot.

Oronno Chy

Nov 3, 2015
Aww I feel you man. I just recently started using moto display on my rooted stock. And, Man. That feature is godly convenient. I mean I like the textured physical lock key but having your phone light up when it is picked? Sounds like a little perk but it goes a long way in daily usage. This thing is holding me from flashing LineageOS. Thanks to all devs and supporters for their continued support for our device, keeping my fingers crossed!
I'm missing the moto display but using volume buttons to wake up on Lineage.

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

I use opengapps pico for android 7.1 ... wich one should i use?
U r using the right one(Pico) is recommended. So, u needn't look for something else. I also use Open Gapps pico & it asks for wifi & google ac setup.

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

Try with empty sim slot & put ur sim after setting everything.

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
U r using the right one(Pico) is recommended. So, u needn't look for something else. I also use Open Gapps pico & it asks for wifi & google ac setup.
Without diving into technical detail the choice of GAaps package is personal. Obviously size of system partition can be an issue on some devices; not on the G4P which is generously apportioned at 2.5 GB. I happen to use Nano on most devices as it contains core components that can not be obtained separately while still retaining relatively compact. Everything else can be added later via Play Store - although those adds will be installed in user vs system space by default.

Lineage (vs GAaps) handles startup connectivity choices; appears to be a bug in the build for this device.

XJeFX

Apr 14, 2009
Lineage (vs GAaps) handles startup connectivity choices; appears to be a bug in the build for this device.
Thanks for your reply! So... maybe I wasn't that wrong after all, I'm not new to android and custom roms (been doing it since android 2.1 for Galaxy Spica LOL) and as far as I remember setup wizard always asked me wich connection to use before trying to login. How can I report it to lineageOS team?
I've the XT1601 variant just in case if anyone is wondering.

Last edited:

DXTN1

Apr 28, 2014
Cajamarca
Thanks for your reply! So... maybe I wasn't that wrong after all, I'm not new to android and custom roms (been doing it since android 2.1 for Galaxy Spica LOL) and as far as I remember setup wizard always asked me wich connection to use before trying to login. How can I report it to lineageOS team?
I've the XT1601 variant just in case if anyone is wondering.
Uhh latam as well.
What about the aroma installer? Maybe picking the essential components and leaving the SIM out works.

And I remember doing the gapps after the first init in my old nanhu. It was rough.

So, is it there an official channel for bug reporting or is it just this thread?

blechschere

Jun 21, 2017
Give Gravity Screen (available in the Play Store) a whirl. It does not provide all the functionality of Moto's Active Screen but may provide some relief. I used it for awhile on an older Moto that had difficulty waking the screen after a phone call.
I installed it yesterday and it seems to be very nice.

Reactions: DB126
Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone