[ROM][OFFICIAL][hotdog][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

j0sefuz

I got it to work! However, I am really sorry to say I did not like the interface. maybe i'm so used to the stock OOS.
I couldn't figure out how to return back to all stock so I'm giving it some time to play with Lineage for now. It's so sad that i've been eyeing this rom for a long time but was dissatisfied. Hoping to get acustomed with it and hope i can find the sweet spot in this rom. thank you devs.

Last edited:

plagueangel36

May 8, 2021
Hello!

I came here to tell that functionally the ROM seems to work, but... my experience on my phone is now very sluggish. Although my FPS debug overlay says I am running on 60 FPS, the response still feels sluggish. There is a minor delay in response and the animations seem choppy. Does anyone have a clue on what this might cause? I've tried toggling forcing GPU rendering, but to no avail.

I've upgraded the ROM from the latest 17.1 (which was very smooth) to the latest 18.1 (dated 4 days ago).

Thank you.

P.S. I was very, very happy with the 17.1 versions you developed. Great job! And I hope this issue can be resolved as I am a fan of your work.

Triflot

Sep 17, 2011
Hello!

I came here to tell that functionally the ROM seems to work, but... my experience on my phone is now very sluggish. Although my FPS debug overlay says I am running on 60 FPS, the response still feels sluggish. There is a minor delay in response and the animations seem choppy. Does anyone have a clue on what this might cause? I've tried toggling forcing GPU rendering, but to no avail.

I've upgraded the ROM from the latest 17.1 (which was very smooth) to the latest 18.1 (dated 4 days ago).

Thank you.

P.S. I was very, very happy with the 17.1 versions you developed. Great job! And I hope this issue can be resolved as I am a fan of your work.
Very smooth here. Have you set the minimal refresh rate to 90 Hz in the display settings? Have you flashed the vendor blobs from OxygenOS 11? Running any Xposed or Magisk modules?

plagueangel36

May 8, 2021
Hi,

Thanks for your response. I haven't forced it yet. I did search for it after I read your response and I executed the following adb command:
Code:
adb shell settings put global oneplus_screen_refresh_rate 0
and rebooted the phone. The fps overlay still says it's set to 60hz. I have no option for it under Developer Options.

I have flashed the vendor blob from LineageOS, both the recovery .img file and the ROM .zip file - as instructed by the website.

I am not running any root, nor did I during 17.1.

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
Hi,

Thanks for your response. I haven't forced it yet. I did search for it after I read your response and I executed the following adb command:
Code:
adb shell settings put global oneplus_screen_refresh_rate 0
and rebooted the phone. The fps overlay still says it's set to 60hz. I have no option for it under Developer Options.

I have flashed the vendor blob from LineageOS, both the recovery .img file and the ROM .zip file - as instructed by the website.

I am not running any root, nor did I during 17.1.
Look at display settings.

plagueangel36

May 8, 2021
Apologies! For some reason the new settings didn't load when I was searching for them, but after navigating to Settings -> Display -> Screen Refresh Rate, I found the 90hz option. It's now smooth as ever. Thank you for the help!!!

eqroiueq

Aug 27, 2017
I have a OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren Edition (T-Mobile, model HD1925 according to the stock rom).
I followed these instructions: wiki.lineageos.org/devices/hotdog/install with the following exceptions:
- First I tried installing unofficial TWRP (it wouldn't mount partitions, so I installed LineageOS Recovery instead)
- At the system image flashing step, I used LineageOS w/ MicroG which has a build date 3 days older. I've now reflashed with official LineageOS.

My problems:
- When I try to turn on WiFi, it turns back off within a few seconds without scanning.
- There's no option for using the fingerprint scanner.

These things are supposed to be working in official LineageOS releases. What do I need to do?

Reactions: Freed0m_

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
I have a OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren Edition (T-Mobile, model HD1925 according to the stock rom).
I followed these instructions: wiki.lineageos.org/devices/hotdog/install with the following exceptions:
- First I tried installing unofficial TWRP (it wouldn't mount partitions, so I installed LineageOS Recovery instead)
- At the system image flashing step, I used LineageOS w/ MicroG which has a build date 3 days older. I've now reflashed with official LineageOS.

My problems:
- When I try to turn on WiFi, it turns back off within a few seconds without scanning.
- There's no option for using the fingerprint scanner.

These things are supposed to be working in official LineageOS releases. What do I need to do?
Your device is hotdogg, this is thread for hotdog. Does mobile data/calls etc work btw?
I'm using dora kernel and the dev split the builds for nonsdcardfs and sdcardfs and noticed that lineageos for hotdog still uses sdcardfs, are there plans to move to direct storage on 18.1? Thanks.
It's not really direct but using fuse in userspace afaict? Is it worth the effort tho?
Is 30GB system storage normal for clean install?
Yeah, this is how OnePlus partitioned by our phone.

Last edited:

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
I don't know anything regarding development but this is what was posted in the telegram channel, if this is true then direct storage sounds much better than fuse and sdcardfs, you're the dev though so I thought I should ask if this is correct or not. Thanks for the reply.
Pretty sure we can't switch without forcing users to wipe data anyway...

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
Thanks for taking the time to explain it.
I'm happy to take some time to wipe data for the update but that's probably only me.
Maybe it would be good to make an announcement so we can benefit from the storage improvements of android 11 but give everyone time to prepare for the update?
It's inconvenient but if it improves the user experience then it would be nice to have.
We don't do that kind of stuff with official builds.

Hw4ng3r

It's already enabled. You just need to have keybox provisioned with L1 key.
tl;dr if it doesn't work on unlocked stock rom for you then it won't work here.

On my phone HD1910 7T Pro, I had to update to OOS 11 with a locked bootloader (on OOS10) to get L1 to work. When I upgraded from OOS10 to OOS11 with an unlocked bootloader, it stayed L3.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FYI, next week you'll get the first official 18.1 build.
    Follow official installation instructions on https://wiki.lineageos.org for upgrade/install and https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/hotdog/fw_update for firmware update as OOS 11 FW is needed.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Just saw that LOS 18.1 was officially released today. Can we expect getting official builds starting next week?
    What is your--
    LineageOS version: lineage-18.0-20201201_212539-UNOFFICIAL-hotdog
    LineageOS Download url: lineage-18.0-20201201_212539-UNOFFICIAL-hotdog.zip | by LuK1337 for OnePlus 7T Pro (androidfilehost.com)
    Gapps version: NikGapps-core-arm64-11-20201122-signed

Did you--
    wipe: yes
    restore with titanium backup: yes but with swift backup (tested gps before doing that with just core gapps as well)
    reboot after having the issue: yes

Are you using--
    a task killer: no
    a non-stock kernel: no
    other modifications: magisk only

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Problem is GPS doesn't work. Everything else is fine. Tried last 2 versions from one I linked, doesn't work. Also tried first version and it doesn't work.
    Icon appears calling for location but no app can get it including maps, weather etc.
    It does eventually get my location but only after waiting 10 mins or, its not live at all. And when it eventually shows location its where I was quite a while ago. Completely wrong.

EDIT: GPS also not working on AICP. But does work on OOS and MSM-EXTENDED. So no clue what the **** is going on.
    Everybody hates "when will you release...?" questions,
    but can you say if you're *planning* (without any guarantees!) or currently working on it?

If not I knew that I shouldn't wait or so. Thanks for your big works and contributions!