[ROM][OFFICIAL][hotdog][13] LineageOS 20

Search This thread

akanee

Jan 17, 2023
Sony Xperia XZ
OnePlus 7T Pro
Another thing I never was able to install was twrp. I simply couldn´t get to work so I am using los recovery. But I miss the functions from twrp, anyone who can guide me to get twrp installed?
TWRP is busted on this device, don't use it. It really only worked on Android 11 while they had a maintainer.
You can achieve most if not all TWRP features from manual adb commands in lineageos recovery.

Ginosius

Jul 5, 2011
When comparing this to Pixel Experience, what are the main differences aside from the Pixel launcher?
If I flash this+gapps, will I get the same kind of 'stealth'?
- no 'this device has been tempered with' message when turning on the phone
- all safetynet checks passing
- banking apps and Google Pay not complaining about unlocked bootloader

akanee

Jan 17, 2023
Sony Xperia XZ
OnePlus 7T Pro
When comparing this to Pixel Experience, what are the main differences aside from the Pixel launcher?
If I flash this+gapps, will I get the same kind of 'stealth'?
- no 'this device has been tempered with' message when turning on the phone
- all safetynet checks passing
- banking apps and Google Pay not complaining about unlocked bootloader
All the points you mention work for me, although that might be heavily dependent on your bank but yeah, no bootloader warning, safetynet working and google pay

Reactions: Ginosius

torben5247

Apr 13, 2013
I am strugling with loosing lte network. No data, No text messages. I have to switch flight mode on and off. It happens approximately every 30 minutes. Any idea how to fix it?

fanticgamerw633

Dec 6, 2021
Xiaomi 13
OnePlus 11
All the points you mention work for me, although that might be heavily dependent on your bank but yeah, no bootloader warning, safetynet working and google pay
so safetynet passes and google play is certified right?

edit: got safetynet to pass, google is certified and wallet is working. Too bad widvine is l3, I was unlucky when unlocking ig.

Last edited:
Since the build lineage-20.0-20230110-nightly-hotdog-signed.zip has been released, I have problems with Bluetooth connection between my 7T Pro and my Renault Megane 3 car radio. In general, the device constantly tries to connect and sometimes, after several iterations, it becomes active, but not always. I've tried to reset the Bluetooth on the phone and also on the car radio, but it doesn't change anything. I also have Skullcandy Indy headphones and have no problems with Bluetooth connection, but they use newer Bluetooth version, so I suppose that maybe the issue is related to Bluetooth 3.0.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this issue? Any changes in the Developer options for Bluetooth settings can help?

Kind regards,
Tomek

Ginosius

Jul 5, 2011
Since the build lineage-20.0-20230110-nightly-hotdog-signed.zip has been released, I have problems with Bluetooth connection between my 7T Pro and my Renault Megane 3 car radio. In general, the device constantly tries to connect and sometimes, after several iterations, it becomes active, but not always. I've tried to reset the Bluetooth on the phone and also on the car radio, but it doesn't change anything. I also have Skullcandy Indy headphones and have no problems with Bluetooth connection, but they use newer Bluetooth version, so I suppose that maybe the issue is related to Bluetooth 3.0.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this issue? Any changes in the Developer options for Bluetooth settings can help?

Kind regards,
Tomek
The same happens when I try to connect with my dads Renault. You have to press connect many times for it to work.
In my own car it works great though.
And I'm using Pixel Experience btw.
I think some of these issues like these and the messed up brightness slider are kernel related and shared across all A13 roms.

The same happens when I try to connect with my dads Renault. You have to press connect many times for it to work.
I think some of these issues like these and the messed up brightness slider are kernel related and shared across all A13 roms.
Thanks. Nice to know I'm not alone, however the problem is really a bit frustrating. I read in the changelog that 2 fixes (merges) for Bluetooth were deployed on February 5 and are available in the latest builds of LineageOS, unfortunately I don't see any changes, and the problem still occurs as it was in previous build.

PS: I use MacroDroid and I have a macro that automatically sets some properties on my device and launches the Waze app when connected to my radio, but currently it doesn't work, because it depends on Bluetooth.

MRoose

Mar 27, 2017
OnePlus 7T Pro
Hello.
After update (rom with recovery via settings) from 20230131 to latest 20230207, the screen became very dim.

Up to 90% of the brightness scale, there is practically no difference.
95% current brightness scale on 20230207 = 60% brightness scale on 20230131.

Does anyone know where the brightness limit is set?

Hello.
After update (rom with recovery via settings) from 20230131 to latest 20230207, the screen became very dim.

Up to 90% of the brightness scale, there is practically no difference.
95% current brightness scale on 20230207 = 60% brightness scale on 20230131.

Does anyone know where the brightness limit is set?
I don't see this problem, moreover, I can't find any changes in the changelog that could affect the brightness of the screen. Most of them are related to Aperture. Are you sure that you didn't enable the extra dim option in the Settings -> Accessibility?

Reactions: MRoose

MRoose

Mar 27, 2017
OnePlus 7T Pro
I don't see this problem, moreover, I can't find any changes in the changelog that could affect the brightness of the screen. Most of them are related to Aperture. Are you sure that you didn't enable the extra dim option in the Settings -> Accessibility?
Hello.
Didn't know about this section. Checked - disabled.
Auto-brightness is also disabled.
The problem is that in the range of 10-80%, the brightness changes very little.
I can assume that when updating, the old brightness was registered as maximum (almost)

Reactions: devourerOfBits80
Hello.
Didn't know about this section. Checked - disabled.
Auto-brightness is also disabled.
The problem is that in the range of 10-80%, the brightness changes very little.
I can assume that when updating, the old brightness was registered as maximum (almost)
Hi,
I always have adaptive brightness enabled, but I turned it off for a while and tried the slider. I don't see a problem in the entire brightness range, increasing and decreasing works linearly. My display settings are: Dark theme - enabled; LiveDisplay -> Color profile - Vivid; LiveDisplay -> Display mode - automatic; Smooth Display - enabled.

I use LineageOS 20 also in my Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e and for this device, I also see no problems with brightness.

Reactions: MRoose
The issue with Bluetooth has been fixed in the latest build 20-20230214-NIGHTLY. As I suspected, it depended on January security patch and changes related to the Bluetooth package.

Reactions: Ginosius

Ginosius

Jul 5, 2011
Very nice!
Thats one of the benefits of running LineageOS.
You get updates very quickly.
I'm currently on Pixel Experience 13, its rock solid but ROM updates take a bit longer.

Reactions: devourerOfBits80

ChrisLane

Dec 12, 2017
I just switched from a OnePlus 3 running Lineage OS to a OnePlus 7T Pro Mclaren running OOS 12 and have noticed that GPS accuracy isn't as good.

Can anyone confirm for me that they get better GPS accuracy on Lineage OS than on OOS? 🤞

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 13, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    GPL compliance :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Ok, I flashed this a few months back and after a while, may of been there since start I notice the screen doesn't light up when a call comes in so I cannot answer a call, unless I am already doing something on the phone when a call comes in so screen is already lit up;

Even if I can get a work around like answer call by pressing a side button I would be happy but that just seems to cut caller off without answering.

Is this a common glitch?
    Can anyone who has installed share ss? And initial impressions?

Upgraded yesterday following the Lineage upgrade instructions. Went without a hitch, all data migrated successfully.

So far it feels smooth and have not encountered any incompatibilities or bugs. The new camera is pretty neat - massive improvement over Camera2. Animations are slightly improved throughout (app switching specifically stands out) and the fingerprint sensor is quick to respond. Theming is also more customizable, which is nice.

Overall I'm happy with the update. Do a backup and give it a whirl!

Settings.png
    QuickSettings.png
    Wallpaper and style.png
    Which GApps recommend?
    Ones in the instructions...
    Is this rom based on oos 11 or oos 12?
    OOS12