[ROM][OFFICIAL][hotdogb][10] RESURRECTION REMIX [Sept 9 2020]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11043203
  • Start date
Search This thread
Apr 20, 2017
I’ve only used Resurrection Remix for a few days so far, but I love it as my daily driver. THANK YOU to FullOfHell for your great work!

The unpacking the bin instructions are prominent, but sounded overly complex. I’m certainly not an expert, so I read, read, read. I got the “TOOL ALL IN ONE” by mauronofrio which made everything seem so much easier. These steps worked for me and I am very happy with how well it went.

• I unlocked my OP 7t (using the tool) and USB debugging on. I installed the latest ADB/Fastboot binaries on my Windows10 computer (thank you again FullOfHell).
  • In a command prompt, fastboot -w to wipe Oxygen OS beta 7.
  • In the tool, I used the “recovery flasher” button to install the built-in mauronofrio unofficial TWRP.3.4.0-2. I chose the “only boot it” option, since I was worried about commitment. It worked beautifully.
  • I downloaded RR ROM to my computer and used the tool “recovery zip flasher” button to flash it in TWRP.
  • My measure of success was OTA updates inside the ROM, so I needed RR on both slots. TWRP shows you “flashing A/B zip to inactive slot X.” I used the tool “recovery zip flasher” button to install ROM again, to get the other slot.
  • I watched for the RR boot logo and did FullofHell instructions to format to f2fs.
  • The next RR OTA update appeared today and it worked

Well i followed your instructions and I did flash it flawesly , the updates work.
Nice work man , thank you so much.
Have a great one

lil_kujo

Oct 29, 2015
Nokia Lumia 920
Nokia Lumia 900
not working i it working for u
First give some background on what OOS version you where before a flashing the ROM. Was it stable build or beta?
Did you perform a clean flash? Did you reboot the phone to recovery on the logo screen before setting it up initially
And formatted data?
As for the banking apps, there are many banking apps that are not working even of you hide root with magisk since they are recognizing the bootloader been unlocked or they still manage to detect root even with magisk hide or they can detect if you are running a custom rom (like whatsapp will tell you that you are running a custom rom) . So first try to go the non root way, if they work then don't root. Remember some app developments are making it more difficult to have some features, and its not really ROM related. About the USB make sure you have the correct drivers install, everyone else using the ROM hasn't had issues with that. There was one user who had issues and it was not the roms fault it was his pc or laptop.

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

Does storage get recognise in it pc or laptop I m not able to transfer files in phone as only ptp is recognised by computer what to do n does bank apps works bcz for me it's giving error try later,
Here a thread, there some options to make it work but like i said banking apps are making it very hard.
https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/banking-app-detects-root-multiple-t4136015

tech_p

What up, thanks for your work on the rom, this the first custom rom I've ran on my 7t. I believe that something I. The last update has broken contactless payment. It was working fine b4 update, then like 24hrs after update the Google pay app no longer works. Anyone else have this issue? Also I'm not rooted, unless this rom is rooted by default

Last edited:
What up, thanks for your work on the rom, this the first custom rom I've ran on my 7t. I believe that something I. The last update has broken contactless payment. It was working fine b4 update, then like 24hrs after update the Google pay app no longer works. Anyone else have this issue? Also I'm not rooted, unless this rom is rooted by default
Ni support will be given on xda, try telegram group for the rom.

That said, when I had the rom installed, from time to time my banking app gave me the error that the app cannot run on this system because it's rooted or tampered in other way. I was not rooted, and I didn't find out what was wrong.

WhisperPntr

Jun 12, 2012
Data is showing best results come from oos GLOBAL on both slots before flashing (Use 10.0.12)

I'm going to flash beta7 now so I can use twrp but am curious if anyone was able to flash via fastboot from the latest stable 10.0.12 global.

despite most recent platform tools I kept getting partition not found error messages.

lil_kujo

Oct 29, 2015
Nokia Lumia 920
Nokia Lumia 900
Can someone point me to the Chinese twrp download or share the latest one.
Seems I can not find it, I know it is closed source.
Thx.

Regards ysco..
Telegram chat

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

I'm going to flash beta7 now so I can use twrp but am curious if anyone was able to flash via fastboot from the latest stable 10.0.12 global.

despite most recent platform tools I kept getting partition not found error messages.
I only flash fastboot, from ob7 or OB8 and stable 10.0.12 global which is the recommended version. Assuming that you are using the fastboot script and followed the instructions here and wipe ypur user data before flashing you shouldn't have any issues.

WhisperPntr

Jun 12, 2012
Telegram chat

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

I only flash fastboot, from ob7 or OB8 and stable 10.0.12 global which is the recommended version. Assuming that you are using the fastboot script and followed the instructions here and wipe ypur user data before flashing you shouldn't have any issues.
I still got partition errors from fastboot and twrp, was originally 10.0.12 stable, but updated OB8

After OB8, I finally managed to flash from twrp and then flashed again via the RR recovery tool just in case.

It was an ordeal getting the onepus 7t tmobile version rooted and custom romed.

However, it was totally worth it. If I have issues I'll try using 10.0.12. but RR is so much better than TMO stock.

Last edited:

ysco

Oct 23, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Nothing Phone 2
Telegram chat

Thx for the reply.
I asked already on telegram group and asked there but no reply at all.

Edit: would appreciate if you can send me the file.

Regards ysco..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 11043203
    [10.0][OFFICIAL]Resurrection Remix v8.x [device_code]

rrlogo.png

Resurrection Remix Q

Code:
    [SIZE="4"]/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */[/SIZE]

rrabout.png

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on LineageOS, SlimRoms, Omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome
    combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device.

Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!
    Special thanks to the LineageOS team, Omni team, SlimRoms and of course to all the supporters. For 7T: Be sure to be on latest oos, beta or stable is fine (flash both slots prior to installing the rom)

Download the latest Resurrection Remix Rom (currently on V8.6)
    (7T builds gave gapps included) so disregard flashing gapps.)

You can use either twrp (mauronfrios latest or Chinese) to flash the rom.
    Additionally - you can unpack the bin that is in the zip and fastboot flash as many other roms. SEE POST#4!! Importantly, after flashing, no matter the method, once you see the RR boot logo, force reboot to bootloader mode, and use the buttons to cycle to recovery. Select this as it will now reboot to the roms recovery. Go to wipe data. Wipe data and now reboot. This is mandatory if you flash via twrp or want to run f2fs vs ext4; bc the rom will run very well on f2fs as it is much faster file system than ext4.( Once you format after the first flash.) If using twrp, the first boot sets it as this but unless a format is done, it will not boot. So, do not skip this step. After the data wipe and rebooting, the rom boots up in a few Mins. If it doesn't boot in 5mins. You may have made a mistake and in that case reflash stock to both slots and try again.

Yes, Ota updates work fine, be sure to go to updater and prioritize update process. I usually send a build every couple days.
    You can retain root by after the download and install occurs but before reboot, launching magisk manager and installing to opposite slot and then rebooting.

**Ota will not work unless RR is on both slots before taking ota. To fix that, after you get it booted, boot to bootloader and fastboot set_active other, and reflash via fastboot. OR if you used twrp, flash the ota again and it puts it on the opposite slot.

Neutrino Kernel is built in-line, latest Hoth 1.95

rrinstall.png

Make sure you have a custom recovery installed(TWRP is the preferred recovery)
    Download the latest Resurrection Remix Rom & the latest GApps package
    Boot into recovery
    Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe/system and dalvik cache as a precaution
    Flash ResurrectionRemix Rom
    Flash Google Apps package(Optional)
    Flash Magisk Root(Optional)
    First boot may take up to 10 minutes.

rrdownload.png

ROM Download
    GApps

rrsource.png

Resurrection Remix Source
    Device Source
    Device Source
    Kernel Source
    Vendor Source

rrthanks.png

XDA Developers
    LineageOs Team
    AICP
    Crdroid
    AOSIP
    DU
    Xtended
    Evolution X
    Bliss
    Omni Team
    And Of Course To All The Supporters, Donators And Users

Join our Telegram channel : https://t.me/resurrectionremixchat

rrbugs.png

If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you, Team Resurrection Remix and me quite some time.

Download the MatLog app from the Play Store.
    After downloading the MatLog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.
    Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving. As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into MatLog and stop the log recording.
    Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
    Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the thread with a brief description of the error.

Hello
    After some issues following the instructions, I thought I would go out of my way to simplify it for other people who may encounter the same issue as myself.

What the author does not say, is you need to be booted into FastbootD to flash BOTH sides of the partition (which is actually the Chinese lookalike recovery)
    ^^^^ This tutorial only applies to people that can't flash with TWRP
    To enter fastboot d you first have to get into the normal fast boot which everybody should know how to do by pressing and holding down the volume up and volume down key and power button at the same time until the option for fastboot comes up.
    --

Once you are in fastboot, follow the steps below.

1- Connect your phone through your computer with the USB c cable.

2- open up a command prompt, type. Fastboot -w into command prompt if you. (This will wipe your user data)

3- in command window, type. fastboot reboot fastboot (this will reboot your phone into fastbootD, which is the Chinese lookalike)

Now you need to type every single one of these individually into a command window, after you have extracted the payload.bin file with payload dumper.

Fastboot flash system
    Fastboot flash system_b
    Fastboot flash boot
    Fastboot flash boot_b
    Fastboot flash vbmeta
    Fastboot flash vbmeta_b
    Fastboot flash vbmeta_system
    Fastboot flash vbmeta_system_b
    Fastboot flash odm
    Fastboot flash odm_b
    Fastboot flash dtbo
    Fastboot flash dtbo_b
    Fastboot flash product
    Fastboot flash product_b
    Fastboot flash recovery
    Fastboot flash recovery_b
    (Be sure to drag each file from the payload output after typing the above commands through command prompt)

Once you have done the above, type in a command window fastboot reboot
    -
    Once the phone boots up and you see the red RR logo, immediately hold down the power button, volume up and volume down key at the same time for 10 to 15 seconds until the phone boots into fastboot.
    -
    Once it has booted into fastboot, press the volume down key until the option recovery mode is shown at the top. Click the power button to go into recovery mode for the ROM.
    -
    Go to advanced, click on factory reset, confirm the reset.
    -
    Go back, and click on Reboot system

^^^ step is entirely crucial, if you do not follow this step the rom will not boot into f2fs or _b partition.

-
    After the phone reboots, it will take roughly 2 to 3 minutes to boot up to the start-up.

That is all you have successfully flashed this rom. ?
    D
    Deleted member 11043203
    Here are some more detailed instructions by my long time constituent @aer0zer0 thank youuuuu!!

how to extract a payload and flash a rom for noobs, windows only

pre-requisites:

1. In general, you want to have the SAME version of OOS on both sides. Im not going to go into detail on how to MSM, and flash a full OTA locally, reboot, then flash the same OTA locally again and reboot.

2. payload dumper for windows: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q5Cq9nAXWvjw9z6wgCDfQi40qk4mw3ut/view?usp=sharing its windows 64 bit only

3. Latest ADB/Fastboot binaries: when flashing using using a script, and you see errors such as system partition cannot be found, etc... your binaries are old, most likely cause by some ghetto version minimal adb/fastboot thats jank. To verify where your adb/fastboot is running from, in a shell, type fastboot --version this will tell you where you resident adb/fastboot binaries are running from. The link to updates binaries is here https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools select the windows SDK version. Once downloaded, copy and paste them over top of the ones being used from the fastboot --version output.

4. a bat file to flash all the images you are dumping. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HW1Q82wpsnBPUcPkAnXO-tQjVIWSZ_oQ/view?usp=sharing this wipes, goes to fastbootd, will flash all the images from the payload.bin dump to both sides, wipes, and sets it to boot from slot A.

5. lots of common sense

Instuctions

1. extract the payload dumper somewhere on your PC, you will see an "IN" folder, "OUT" folder, and an executable.

2. extract the payload.bin file from the rom.zip you wish to install, and place it in the "IN" folder.

3. run the payload dumper exectuable, a shell will pop up, showing the images being extracted.

4. once the shell closes, the images are all succesfully unpacked. Copy those images in the "OUT" folder to whereevr you would like to store your rom.

5. copy/paste the bat file wherever you placed your images.

6. reboot your phone to fastboot, plug it into the PC, and run the bat.

7. process takes 4-5 minutes, sit back, it will then reboot back to fastboot.

8. start the phone from fastboot, and wait for your new rom to boot.

9. finish and enjoy!
    D
    Deleted member 11043203
    The rom performance is great and battery is killer im a big COD mobile fan and player and the performance has been too notch. No hiccups battery is great for 5 hours of gaming with COD , Finger print is working great better than other ROMs i have tried on par with OOS.
    My device is a HD1900 I typically use the flash both script to just flash all the img. And sometimes TWRP and never had issues with other ROMs going back and forth from Beta OOS since Beta 2. This rom is no difference with the only exception of F2FS which I appreciate tons this ROM brings it. I'm general so far with my heavy usage and looking at every aspect of the ROM the only thing that doesn't work properly for me is trebuchet launcher which I don't really care cause I use pixel launcher or Nova. That said its also the only ROM I have tired where the third party launcher works flawlessly, even OOS is a pain in the arse with third party launchers and this ROM brings that back gestures with Nova which usually don't work with OOS are working great. For those who use OOs camera it still has that bug where it crashes when changing to video or portrait but that for me is just not importante since I use gestures to launch video or portrait.
    So for those wanting to flash, I can tell you that this is a solid ROM great for everyday usage, great battery ( I think neutrino Kernel is one of the best is not the best Kernel for this device ) , personally I been flashing ROMs on my phone's for around 8 years and even did my own builds for personal use when I had a HTC one M8 ( RR remix was my to go ROM to build ) and I know how exhausting it is and annoying to fix and finds bugs when building. So thanks @FullOfHell for your time I know first hand it's time consuming mostly when doing the first build.
    Hopefully people understand that no ROM is perfect now even stock but when you have a solid ROM with minimal issues that's what we have to appreciate mostly for a device like the 7t which is not an easy device to work with.

Cheers! :cowboy:

Dude thanks for the support and kind words. I'm honored for the positive opinion on the rom. I spent the last 2 years building everything, searching for a rom to settle on and invest time in instead of building and searching, and about a month ago I got settled in with RR. It will continue to get better from here. Thanks a bunch! Appreciate it! And... Trebuchet is a problematic thing on RR for most devices this android cycle. We added a lot to make sure pixel launcher and nova/ other launchers would work well considering that. Tomorrow I have a bring up for pixel 4(my other device) but I am bringing a different launcher to the table to hopefully swap out for trebuchet.