[ROM][OFFICIAL][hotdogb][10] RESURRECTION REMIX [Sept 9 2020]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11043203
  • Start date
Search This thread
Nov 30, 2016
Honestly, that may be an issue with your router. I'm using RR as my daily and I've never had an issue with WiFi signal. In fact, my only issues are that my Pandora won't open and the fingerprint scanner works only about 50% of the time.
No issue with router, now using same router with oos and is working great

Nov 30, 2016
I again flash this rom and got same problem "5Ghz weak wifi signal" 2Gh is working good but unable to use 5Ghz. I hope it may be fixed soon

Man I'm having a hell of a time flashing any rom on my 7t in fastboot or twrp. Im getting all these errors about not being able to mount the partitions needed to flash. I've formatted userdata wiped cache etc. Took me 2 days working on my phone to recover from a brick. Now I'm wondering can I flash resurrection remix as a local update from inside oos? Or can someone give me advice as to why fastboot or twrp is not working for me? I've tried the latest twrp posted in the 7t forum, I've tried stock recovery and I've tried the recovery posted in the aosp rom. I feel like I've skimmed this entire forum and Google.

HueyT

Apr 3, 2014
New Albany, IN
OnePlus 7T
Msm to any Android 10 stock, flash Chinese twrp (on AndroidFileHost, search for dev Matt0301 to get file), then flash RR zip from usb OTG flash drive, format (not wipe) data before and after installing RR, reboot to rom, then flash MaGisk zip in twrp and install apk to root.

Wow I finally was able to install aosip last night. I installed stock recovery. Rebooted to fastboot/fastboot. Wiped data then manually flashed each img file. I chose aosip because the img files are available to flash manually. I don't have access to a pc right now so I'm using another rooted phone to flash all my files and run terminal commands. Thank you for your reply brother. Is there a way to get oos launcher to work? I installed it but it says only for one plus devices when trying to run. If I change some things in the build.prop back to 7t will it work? I don't like having to scroll all the way over to clear all lol

*edit* I am going to flash Chinese twrp right now

g33k1

Dec 27, 2019
Moto G5
Xiaomi Mi 6
Thank you for a such smooth beautiful Rom
Flashed ok Via dumper and cmd fastboot
flashed fine. Magisk flashed fine via magisk Rom patcher.
Banking apps work.
Google pay works ..
Lucky patcher patches to android fine.
And all works. Everything works as what I have tested. Rom reboots so quick.
One bug I have found. When inserting usb c for data transfer to pc it doesn't show on pc. But when I'm in twrp it does.

Cracking Rom!

Feb 27, 2021
Alright. I messed up my Oneplus 7T (tmobile, not the pro). I don't really know what i'm doing, but am technical. I do know some linux though. But I got impatient and ended up deleting everything on the phone. Tried flashing a couple ROMs with fastboot, and with a USB drive a few times. But nothing.

But I stil can get into TWRP. What do you guys think I should do? It wouldn't even let me flash the Original oxygen os....

I'm about to punt this phone into a pond or something. ATTACHED ARE THE RECOVERY LOGS.

Feb 27, 2021
Alright. I messed up my Oneplus 7T (tmobile, not the pro). I don't really know what i'm doing, but am technical. I do know some linux though. But I got impatient and ended up deleting everything on the phone. Tried flashing a couple ROMs with fastboot, and with a USB drive a few times. But nothing.

But I stil can get into TWRP. What do you guys think I should do? It wouldn't even let me flash the Original oxygen os....

I'm about to punt this phone into a pond or something. ATTACHED ARE THE RECOVERY LOGS.

When I try to boot up normally, it goes to the Qualcom error.

czarsuperstar@gmail.com

Aug 27, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
superstarmobility.weebly.com
When I try to boot up normally, it goes to the Qualcom error.
Use the payload dumper to extract the images and then flash the recovery from RR ... fastboot flash recovery_a recovery.img and fastboot flash recovery_b recovery.img and then you will be able to boot into Los recovery and adb sideload the zip... this works better imo

Feb 27, 2021
Use the payload dumper to extract the images and then flash the recovery from RR ... fastboot flash recovery_a recovery.img and fastboot flash recovery_b recovery.img and then you will be able to boot into Los recovery and adb sideload the zip... this works better imo
Ok czarsuperstar@gmail.com . I did what you said. I sideloaded it twice. It looked like it worked. It asked me about the signature failing, if that was ok....etc. Like in Lineageos. BUT....in the logs...it says couldn't mount 0/emulated or system. And in TWRP...it won't let me mount the first 4 options....system,vendor, product, or ODM.

I worked a little more and found it has the following missing folders.....

/odm
/product
/vendor
/system_root

I will say this though...I can get into my external sd card (via USB adapter) in TWRP. But that isn't working either. I got into the command line with TWRP...but I see those folders....I don't know....any ideas?

Last edited:

HueyT

Apr 3, 2014
New Albany, IN
OnePlus 7T
Ok czarsuperstar@gmail.com . I did what you said. I sideloaded it twice. It looked like it worked. It asked me about the signature failing, if that was ok....etc. Like in Lineageos. BUT....in the logs...it says couldn't mount 0/emulated or system. And in TWRP...it won't let me mount the first 4 options....system,vendor, product, or ODM.

/odm
/product
/vendor
/system_root

I don't even understand this stuff a lot to be honest. I'm going to try to read more...

I will say this though...I can get into my external sd card (via USB adapter) in TWRP. But that isn't working either.

czarsuperstar@gmail.com

Aug 27, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
superstarmobility.weebly.com

/odm
/product
/vendor
/system_root

I will say this though...I can get into my external sd card (via USB adapter) in TWRP. But that isn't working either. I got into the command line with TWRP...but I see those folders....I don't know....any ideas?
You need to use the updated adb tools... I had the same problem but I used the new one and it worked

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 11043203
    [10.0][OFFICIAL]Resurrection Remix v8.x [device_code]

rrlogo.png

Resurrection Remix Q

Code:
    [SIZE="4"]/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */[/SIZE]

rrabout.png

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on LineageOS, SlimRoms, Omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome
    combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device.

Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!
    Special thanks to the LineageOS team, Omni team, SlimRoms and of course to all the supporters. For 7T: Be sure to be on latest oos, beta or stable is fine (flash both slots prior to installing the rom)

Download the latest Resurrection Remix Rom (currently on V8.6)
    (7T builds gave gapps included) so disregard flashing gapps.)

You can use either twrp (mauronfrios latest or Chinese) to flash the rom.
    Additionally - you can unpack the bin that is in the zip and fastboot flash as many other roms. SEE POST#4!! Importantly, after flashing, no matter the method, once you see the RR boot logo, force reboot to bootloader mode, and use the buttons to cycle to recovery. Select this as it will now reboot to the roms recovery. Go to wipe data. Wipe data and now reboot. This is mandatory if you flash via twrp or want to run f2fs vs ext4; bc the rom will run very well on f2fs as it is much faster file system than ext4.( Once you format after the first flash.) If using twrp, the first boot sets it as this but unless a format is done, it will not boot. So, do not skip this step. After the data wipe and rebooting, the rom boots up in a few Mins. If it doesn't boot in 5mins. You may have made a mistake and in that case reflash stock to both slots and try again.

Yes, Ota updates work fine, be sure to go to updater and prioritize update process. I usually send a build every couple days.
    You can retain root by after the download and install occurs but before reboot, launching magisk manager and installing to opposite slot and then rebooting.

**Ota will not work unless RR is on both slots before taking ota. To fix that, after you get it booted, boot to bootloader and fastboot set_active other, and reflash via fastboot. OR if you used twrp, flash the ota again and it puts it on the opposite slot.

Neutrino Kernel is built in-line, latest Hoth 1.95

rrinstall.png

Make sure you have a custom recovery installed(TWRP is the preferred recovery)
    Download the latest Resurrection Remix Rom & the latest GApps package
    Boot into recovery
    Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe/system and dalvik cache as a precaution
    Flash ResurrectionRemix Rom
    Flash Google Apps package(Optional)
    Flash Magisk Root(Optional)
    First boot may take up to 10 minutes.

rrdownload.png

ROM Download
    GApps

rrsource.png

Resurrection Remix Source
    Device Source
    Device Source
    Kernel Source
    Vendor Source

rrthanks.png

XDA Developers
    LineageOs Team
    AICP
    Crdroid
    AOSIP
    DU
    Xtended
    Evolution X
    Bliss
    Omni Team
    And Of Course To All The Supporters, Donators And Users

Join our Telegram channel : https://t.me/resurrectionremixchat

rrbugs.png

If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you, Team Resurrection Remix and me quite some time.

Download the MatLog app from the Play Store.
    After downloading the MatLog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.
    Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving. As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into MatLog and stop the log recording.
    Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
    Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the thread with a brief description of the error.

Hello
    After some issues following the instructions, I thought I would go out of my way to simplify it for other people who may encounter the same issue as myself.

What the author does not say, is you need to be booted into FastbootD to flash BOTH sides of the partition (which is actually the Chinese lookalike recovery)
    ^^^^ This tutorial only applies to people that can't flash with TWRP
    To enter fastboot d you first have to get into the normal fast boot which everybody should know how to do by pressing and holding down the volume up and volume down key and power button at the same time until the option for fastboot comes up.
    --

Once you are in fastboot, follow the steps below.

1- Connect your phone through your computer with the USB c cable.

2- open up a command prompt, type. Fastboot -w into command prompt if you. (This will wipe your user data)

3- in command window, type. fastboot reboot fastboot (this will reboot your phone into fastbootD, which is the Chinese lookalike)

Now you need to type every single one of these individually into a command window, after you have extracted the payload.bin file with payload dumper.

Fastboot flash system
    Fastboot flash system_b
    Fastboot flash boot
    Fastboot flash boot_b
    Fastboot flash vbmeta
    Fastboot flash vbmeta_b
    Fastboot flash vbmeta_system
    Fastboot flash vbmeta_system_b
    Fastboot flash odm
    Fastboot flash odm_b
    Fastboot flash dtbo
    Fastboot flash dtbo_b
    Fastboot flash product
    Fastboot flash product_b
    Fastboot flash recovery
    Fastboot flash recovery_b
    (Be sure to drag each file from the payload output after typing the above commands through command prompt)

Once you have done the above, type in a command window fastboot reboot
    -
    Once the phone boots up and you see the red RR logo, immediately hold down the power button, volume up and volume down key at the same time for 10 to 15 seconds until the phone boots into fastboot.
    -
    Once it has booted into fastboot, press the volume down key until the option recovery mode is shown at the top. Click the power button to go into recovery mode for the ROM.
    -
    Go to advanced, click on factory reset, confirm the reset.
    -
    Go back, and click on Reboot system

^^^ step is entirely crucial, if you do not follow this step the rom will not boot into f2fs or _b partition.

-
    After the phone reboots, it will take roughly 2 to 3 minutes to boot up to the start-up.

That is all you have successfully flashed this rom. ?
    D
    Deleted member 11043203
    Here are some more detailed instructions by my long time constituent @aer0zer0 thank youuuuu!!

how to extract a payload and flash a rom for noobs, windows only

pre-requisites:

1. In general, you want to have the SAME version of OOS on both sides. Im not going to go into detail on how to MSM, and flash a full OTA locally, reboot, then flash the same OTA locally again and reboot.

2. payload dumper for windows: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q5Cq9nAXWvjw9z6wgCDfQi40qk4mw3ut/view?usp=sharing its windows 64 bit only

3. Latest ADB/Fastboot binaries: when flashing using using a script, and you see errors such as system partition cannot be found, etc... your binaries are old, most likely cause by some ghetto version minimal adb/fastboot thats jank. To verify where your adb/fastboot is running from, in a shell, type fastboot --version this will tell you where you resident adb/fastboot binaries are running from. The link to updates binaries is here https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools select the windows SDK version. Once downloaded, copy and paste them over top of the ones being used from the fastboot --version output.

4. a bat file to flash all the images you are dumping. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HW1Q82wpsnBPUcPkAnXO-tQjVIWSZ_oQ/view?usp=sharing this wipes, goes to fastbootd, will flash all the images from the payload.bin dump to both sides, wipes, and sets it to boot from slot A.

5. lots of common sense

Instuctions

1. extract the payload dumper somewhere on your PC, you will see an "IN" folder, "OUT" folder, and an executable.

2. extract the payload.bin file from the rom.zip you wish to install, and place it in the "IN" folder.

3. run the payload dumper exectuable, a shell will pop up, showing the images being extracted.

4. once the shell closes, the images are all succesfully unpacked. Copy those images in the "OUT" folder to whereevr you would like to store your rom.

5. copy/paste the bat file wherever you placed your images.

6. reboot your phone to fastboot, plug it into the PC, and run the bat.

7. process takes 4-5 minutes, sit back, it will then reboot back to fastboot.

8. start the phone from fastboot, and wait for your new rom to boot.

9. finish and enjoy!
    D
    Deleted member 11043203
    The rom performance is great and battery is killer im a big COD mobile fan and player and the performance has been too notch. No hiccups battery is great for 5 hours of gaming with COD , Finger print is working great better than other ROMs i have tried on par with OOS.
    My device is a HD1900 I typically use the flash both script to just flash all the img. And sometimes TWRP and never had issues with other ROMs going back and forth from Beta OOS since Beta 2. This rom is no difference with the only exception of F2FS which I appreciate tons this ROM brings it. I'm general so far with my heavy usage and looking at every aspect of the ROM the only thing that doesn't work properly for me is trebuchet launcher which I don't really care cause I use pixel launcher or Nova. That said its also the only ROM I have tired where the third party launcher works flawlessly, even OOS is a pain in the arse with third party launchers and this ROM brings that back gestures with Nova which usually don't work with OOS are working great. For those who use OOs camera it still has that bug where it crashes when changing to video or portrait but that for me is just not importante since I use gestures to launch video or portrait.
    So for those wanting to flash, I can tell you that this is a solid ROM great for everyday usage, great battery ( I think neutrino Kernel is one of the best is not the best Kernel for this device ) , personally I been flashing ROMs on my phone's for around 8 years and even did my own builds for personal use when I had a HTC one M8 ( RR remix was my to go ROM to build ) and I know how exhausting it is and annoying to fix and finds bugs when building. So thanks @FullOfHell for your time I know first hand it's time consuming mostly when doing the first build.
    Hopefully people understand that no ROM is perfect now even stock but when you have a solid ROM with minimal issues that's what we have to appreciate mostly for a device like the 7t which is not an easy device to work with.

Cheers! :cowboy:

Dude thanks for the support and kind words. I'm honored for the positive opinion on the rom. I spent the last 2 years building everything, searching for a rom to settle on and invest time in instead of building and searching, and about a month ago I got settled in with RR. It will continue to get better from here. Thanks a bunch! Appreciate it! And... Trebuchet is a problematic thing on RR for most devices this android cycle. We added a lot to make sure pixel launcher and nova/ other launchers would work well considering that. Tomorrow I have a bring up for pixel 4(my other device) but I am bringing a different launcher to the table to hopefully swap out for trebuchet.