[ROM][OFFICIAL][hotdogb][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
Downloads :
Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

pstnnn

Aug 3, 2020
Thank you!

Anyone having issues with Waze ? everything else seems to work perfectly. Clean Lineage, nothing else installed.

BcnbvCx.png

Last edited:

intana

• Aug 18, 2007
    Thank you!

Anyone having issues with Waze ? everything else seems to work perfectly.

BcnbvCx.png
    I have installed waze for the test it and no problem it is working normally . I have used MindtheGapps by the way . I don't know it can be related with your problem . But rom is very good and no problem until now .

pstnn

Apr 7, 2017
    I have installed waze for the test it and no problem it is working normally . I have used MindtheGapps by the way . I don't know it can be related with your problem . But rom is very good and no problem until now .
    Thats odd, i dont have gapps, but i have another phone that doenst either and waze works

eamon0989

Jun 10, 2011
    Limerick
    Patched boot image method.
    I tried that and had some problems with wifi and system UI crashing.

If anyone else has problems I rooted successfully using this tool:

And manually choosing twrp-3-5-2_10-hotdog.img (you can find it online by searching).

Reactions: Eddiemc

nagi_007pk

Aug 23, 2012
    OnePlus 7T
    Wiki only lists retail models. For anything non-retail, you're on your own when it goes for bootloader unlock or firmware updates, although branded models /should/ be working too.
    I see. I'll try to run it on my T-Mobile variant and report back on how it performs. Must be hassle free as I am already running the global firmware that comes with the retail model. Thanks for the clarification mate!

Top Liked Posts

Thanks @LuK1337. Really excited to try this out.

Though I have a very silly question. In the installation page it says to be on the android 11 build. Does that means OOS11 or any custom ROM based on android 11 should also be fine?
      OOS11 blobs so oos11, yaap11, derp11, LOS11, omni11--not statix11, evo11
      Use fastbootd method . It is easy . You can find fastbootd roms on this site or use payload dumper on your package and get fastbootd images .
      That sounds like what's outlined in "Update firmware on hotdogb" from the wiki. I tried that but LOS remained. I suspect that page is for people who want to update their current stock installation, not install one from scratch. Do I need to flash more partitions than those listed on that page?

EDIT: I ended up just flashing every single .img partition from the payload and got an error on reboot about some log not being read, kicking me to the OOS recovery, but then I wiped all data and rebooted and it seemed to work again :)
      That sounds like what's outlined in "Update firmware on hotdogb" from the wiki. I tried that but LOS remained. I suspect that page is for people who want to update their current stock installation, not install one from scratch. Do I need to flash more partitions than those listed on that page?
      You can find the OOS 10 fastboot roms and how you flash it at that topic;

or how to extract payload.bin

there is minor differences between OOS10 an 11's fastbootd install scripts (OOS11 has system_ext etc). I have attached OOS11 roms fastbootd install script that I use . It has both slot a and b installation commands. This scripts can use both OOS11 and OOS10 .

fastboot reboot fastboot
      fastboot -w
      fastboot flash boot_a boot.img
      fastboot flash dtbo_a dtbo.img
      fastboot flash recovery_a recovery.img
      fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta_a vbmeta.img
      fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta_system_a vbmeta_system.img
      fastboot reboot fastboot
      fastboot flash abl_a abl.img
      fastboot flash aop_a aop.img
      fastboot flash bluetooth_a bluetooth.img
      fastboot flash cmnlib_a cmnlib.img
      fastboot flash cmnlib64_a cmnlib64.img
      fastboot flash devcfg_a devcfg.img
      fastboot flash dsp_a dsp.img
      fastboot flash hyp_a hyp.img
      fastboot flash imagefv_a imagefv.img
      fastboot flash keymaster_a keymaster.img
      fastboot flash LOGO_a LOGO.img
      fastboot flash multiimgoem_a multiimgoem.img
      fastboot flash modem_a modem.img
      fastboot flash odm_a odm.img
      fastboot flash oem_stanvbk oem_stanvbk.img
      fastboot flash opproduct_a opproduct.img
      fastboot flash qupfw_a qupfw.img
      fastboot flash storsec_a storsec.img
      fastboot flash tz_a tz.img
      fastboot flash uefisecapp_a uefisecapp.img
      fastboot flash xbl_a xbl.img
      fastboot flash xbl_config_a xbl_config.img
      fastboot flash system_a system.img
      fastboot flash system_ext_a system_ext.img
      fastboot flash vendor_a vendor.img
      fastboot flash product_a product.img

fastboot flash boot_b boot.img
      fastboot flash dtbo_b dtbo.img
      fastboot flash recovery_b recovery.img
      fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta_b vbmeta.img
      fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta_system_b vbmeta_system.img
      fastboot reboot fastboot
      fastboot flash abl_b abl.img
      fastboot flash aop_b aop.img
      fastboot flash bluetooth_b bluetooth.img
      fastboot flash cmnlib_b cmnlib.img
      fastboot flash cmnlib64_b cmnlib64.img
      fastboot flash devcfg_b devcfg.img
      fastboot flash dsp_b dsp.img
      fastboot flash hyp_b hyp.img
      fastboot flash imagefv_b imagefv.img
      fastboot flash keymaster_b keymaster.img
      fastboot flash LOGO_b LOGO.img
      fastboot flash multiimgoem_b multiimgoem.img
      fastboot flash modem_b modem.img
      fastboot flash odm_b odm.img
      fastboot flash oem_stanvbk oem_stanvbk.img
      fastboot flash opproduct_b opproduct.img
      fastboot flash qupfw_b qupfw.img
      fastboot flash storsec_b storsec.img
      fastboot flash tz_b tz.img
      fastboot flash uefisecapp_b uefisecapp.img
      fastboot flash xbl_b xbl.img
      fastboot flash xbl_config_b xbl_config.img
      fastboot flash system_b system.img
      fastboot flash system_ext_b system_ext.img
      fastboot flash vendor_b vendor.img
      fastboot flash product_b product.img
      fastboot -w
      fastboot reboot
      2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
      Downloads :
      Reporting Bugs
      • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
      • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
      • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
      • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
      Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
      What is your--
      LineageOS version:
      LineageOS Download url:
      Gapps version:

Did you--
      wipe:
      restore with titanium backup:
      reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
      a task killer:
      a non-stock kernel:
      other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
      It's been working great to be honest, battery life better than stock! I've had trouble with the ING banking app, I've removed root and factory reset, installed lineage again without root and it's still a bit iffy, it seems to think it's still rooted.

I've noticed opening the multitasking menu is a little buggy/slow, and the fingerprint reader is not as fast or as accurate as stock, but that's to be expected.

Other than that I haven't noticed any other bugs.
      Thanks @LuK1337. Really excited to try this out.

Though I have a very silly question. In the installation page it says to be on the android 11 build. Does that means OOS11 or any custom ROM based on android 11 should also be fine?
      OOS11 blobs so oos11, yaap11, derp11, LOS11, omni11--not statix11, evo11
      for clean installers coming from oos11, there is a bug in the instructions section:

The 'vol down + power' combo did not work for my device – I had to use 'vol up + power' to get into the lineage recovery (otherwise it goes to either fastboot or oos recovery screen can't recall now) – need to change the instructions page perhaps?
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone