• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][OFFICIAL][hotdogb][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

Ssayerr

Oct 23, 2015
@AlmightyTritan
...well you're on May 9th kernel and build from May 23rd...
Do you really expect it to work? Maybe consider not reflashing your old Magisk patched (most likely!) boot.img after updating.
Yep, that was it. I was using the custom boot image you sent me so that I could charge and use my headphones, but it was affecting fingerprinting, too. Any chance those changes will make their way into the standard release? Alternatively, would it be feasible for you to show me what I need to do to build my own boot image with that change in place?

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
Yep, that was it. I was using the custom boot image you sent me so that I could charge and use my headphones, but it was affecting fingerprinting, too. Any chance those changes will make their way into the standard release? Alternatively, would it be feasible for you to show me what I need to do to build my own boot image with that change in place?
Which boot image was working properly for you?

I would love to install this ROM.
But can someone tell me how good the camera is? Is the camera aware of the wide angle and other lenses?

Is it possible to use the stock camera f.e. with magisk? Or do someone recommend another camera app?

Thanks anyway for the possibility to use this nice ROM!

josdehaes

Oct 25, 2009
Hi All, I flashed this since android auto was not working on YAAP the last few builds. Unfortunately also on lineage 18.1 it does not work (car always says connection issue). Anyone got it working? Known issue? I searched the thread but nothing found...

Ssayerr

Oct 23, 2015
@LuK1337, looks like you were able to get the boot image changes in before the last build? I've flashed Sunday's build, and my adapter is working great! Automatic brightness even seems to be more stable. Many thanks!

Reactions: dor_pauli

ToughDBlue

Apr 19, 2020
Thank you @LuK1337 for your work! I have a OnePlus 7T (HD1905) and would like to install Lineage OS with MicroG to be free of google. Plus Oxygen OS 11 has been a bad experience with very poor signal, worse battery life, and small glitches and bugs that require me to restart my phone often. I've never installed a custom ROM and have a couple questions about Lineage OS with MicroG.
1. Will I get Wi-Fi Calling, Voice over IP, and HD calls?
2. I mostly use Signal Messenger, Microsoft apps, Magic Earth for maps, Weather Underground and a few other apps. So I'll need MicroG to use these apps since I want to be google free, correct?

SickCuriosity

Nov 26, 2015
Idiot-proof guide to install with gapps and magisk from stock OOS11

First off, huge thanks to @LuK1337, I've been waiting for this for a while! I have a retail HD1903 and want to cleanly install the rom, coming from stock OOS11 rooted with magisk. What's the recommended procedure to install both with gapps and avoid issues? I read the whole thread and I'm trying to write down the main takeaways, what I got until now is:
> wipe data and storage partitions
> flash latest build following the Los wiki with Los recovery
> reboot to recovery
> select option to manually mount system (is this recommended for most users?)
> flash MindTheGapps build
> boot and setup the OS
> install magisk manager
> extract boot.img from Los build following this tutorial
> patch and install magisk following the installation wiki

Did I get anything wrong or miss anything important? I'm not sure whether it's better to install Gapps before of after Magisk. Are there any relevant details not mentioned in the wikis?

Sorry for the dumb post but I'd rather avoid bricking my main device. Maybe a guide like this could be stickied for folks like me...

Idiot-proof guide to install with gapps and magisk from stock OOS11

First off, huge thanks to @LuK1337, I've been waiting for this for a while! I have a retail HD1903 and want to cleanly install the rom, coming from stock OOS11 rooted with magisk. What's the recommended procedure to install both with gapps and avoid issues? I read the whole thread and I'm trying to write down the main takeaways, what I got until now is:
> wipe data and storage partitions
> flash latest build following the Los wiki with Los recovery
> reboot to recovery
> select option to manually mount system (is this recommended for most users?)
> flash MindTheGapps build
> boot and setup the OS
> install magisk manager
> extract boot.img from Los build following this tutorial
> patch and install magisk following the installation wiki

Did I get anything wrong or miss anything important? I'm not sure whether it's better to install Gapps before of after Magisk. Are there any relevant details not mentioned in the wikis?

Sorry for the dumb post but I'd rather avoid bricking my main device. Maybe a guide like this could be stickied for folks like me...
What you describe is exactly the same setup i installed on my phone (HD1905). So here are the steps i made:

- i first ran through the installation instructions here to flash LOS recovery and nightly (maybe it's better for you to wipe before as you describe your own plan, because your bootloader is already unlocked? will not hurt)
- reboot to recovery and flash MindTheGapps (arm64, as described in the installation instructions! This must be done before the first boot, so do it directly after LOS flash)
- now against recommended installation instructions of magisk, i rebootet again to recovery and flashed magisk.zip (But to be sure, you can of cause do the recommended way as you described. )
- finally i followed magisk section in this link to pass safetynet check

FYI: After this, i was unhappy with the camera and could not found a good solution. Then with the hint of @mikefnz some comments above, i found gcam and especially this telegram group. There you find the gcam app for oneplus 7t and a good xml settings file.

Last edited:
Thank you @LuK1337 for your work! I have a OnePlus 7T (HD1905) and would like to install Lineage OS with MicroG to be free of google. Plus Oxygen OS 11 has been a bad experience with very poor signal, worse battery life, and small glitches and bugs that require me to restart my phone often. I've never installed a custom ROM and have a couple questions about Lineage OS with MicroG.
1. Will I get Wi-Fi Calling, Voice over IP, and HD calls?
2. I mostly use Signal Messenger, Microsoft apps, Magic Earth for maps, Weather Underground and a few other apps. So I'll need MicroG to use these apps since I want to be google free, correct?
I personnaly can confirm Wi-Fi Calling is working. I think VoIP also, but i don't know about HD calls.

SickCuriosity

Nov 26, 2015
What you describe is exactly the same setup i installed on my phone (HD1905). So here are the steps i made:

- i first ran through the installation instructions here to flash LOS recovery and nightly (maybe it's better for you to wipe before as you describe your own plan, because your bootloader is already unlocked? will not hurt)
- reboot to recovery and flash MindTheGapps (arm64, as described in the installation instructions! This must be done before the first boot, so do it directly after LOS flash)
- now against recommended installation instructions of magisk, i rebootet again to recovery and flashed magisk.zip (But to be sure, you can of cause do the recommended way as you described. )
- finally i followed magisk section in this link to pass safetynet check

FYI: After this, i was unhappy with the camera and could not found a good solution. Then with the hint of @mikefnz some comments above, i found gcam and especially this telegram group. There you find the gcam app for oneplus 7t and a good xml settings file.
Huh interesting, so the old way of installing magisk can still work...

What about the stock camera was unsatisfying? General picture quality? Tbf the Los camera was always pretty barebones. Thanks for the gcam links, I probably will install that one.

Top Liked Posts

Latest August 1st Update seems to have screwed up the fingerprint unlock.

Re-scanning the fingerprint works, but the issue is unlocking the phone with the fingerprint.

It almost always says "Not recognized".

This was not an issue before this update.
    New August 2nd update was just released.

It seems to have updated and replaced the August 1st update.

Can confirm that fingerprinting is working.

Fingerprinting also seems to be more accurate than the July 18th update.

Re-scanning the fingerprint works, but the issue is unlocking the phone with the fingerprint.

Is it just me or the device's MAC address randomizes on every reboot with 'Use device MAC' selected from Wi-Fi Privacy section? I only encounter this issue on the stock kernel, and flashing a custom kernel fixes it.
    Looks like this will be temporarily fixed in 313185. Thank you!
    so the only way is msm tool to restore drm keys right? update to oos11 after try go to los again :( i thought maybe we have a way we didnt need to wipe.

thanks for clarification.
    Your DRM keys are still there, you just can't use them on anything but locked stock...unless you're lucky enough to have /unlocked/ keybox programmed with L1 keys just like lucky individuals who claim that OOS update magically restored their L1 ^^
    New August 2nd update was just released.

It seems to have updated and replaced the August 1st update.

Can confirm that fingerprinting is working.

Fingerprinting also seems to be more accurate than the July 18th update.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

For those unhappy about the camera app situation I've found that the stock Oneplus camera app can be installed and used with a few caveats. This was tested on the May 30th LOS build, below I list a few notes to keep in mind for anyone interested:
    1. In my limited testing, APKs with version number 3.X.X are the newest ones that can be installed and actually work. Specifically 3.8.116 is the most stable I've found. The apk can be download here (APKMirror link).
    2. The app will always crash upon normal launch. In order to use it you must long press on the app icon and select one of the popup shortcuts (Pro, Take a video, Selfie, or Portrait). Launching from any of these shortcuts the camera app will work and so far I believe all the camera features work.
    3. There might be occasional crashes mostly due to switching between camera modes too much (Most notable on other 3.X.X versions).
    4. In Photo mode (not Pro mode) the aspect ratio button works only on 4:3 and 1:1, switching to fullscreen will render photo mode unusable as the app will crash upon switching to it. Other modes will still function as normal and Pro mode can use fullscreen aspect ratio without issues. If you accidentally switched to fullscreen aspect ratio in photo mode then it can be fixed by clearing the app data.
    5. The gallery button does not work, likely due to the missing oneplus gallery apk. Probably it will work with it installed but I haven't tested that yet.
    6. Systemlessly installing the app to the system folder does not improve anything. So installing the apk as any other normal sideloaded app is probably the best option.
    I'm not sure if the rom can be tweaked to prevent the normal launch crash. Though I'm not expecting anything from the dev about this. The app works without much issue and I'm trying to workaround the launch issue with tasker. Hopefully I'm succesful with it.
    Finally, thank you luk
    It's been working great to be honest, battery life better than stock! I've had trouble with the ING banking app, I've removed root and factory reset, installed lineage again without root and it's still a bit iffy, it seems to think it's still rooted.

I've noticed opening the multitasking menu is a little buggy/slow, and the fingerprint reader is not as fast or as accurate as stock, but that's to be expected.

Other than that I haven't noticed any other bugs.