• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][OFFICIAL][hotdogb][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread
Huh interesting, so the old way of installing magisk can still work...

What about the stock camera was unsatisfying? General picture quality? Tbf the Los camera was always pretty barebones. Thanks for the gcam links, I probably will install that one.
In my case it does, but it seems to be not really supported?

The stock camera for OOS on the OP7T? I would like to have this, but i don't know how to get installed in LOS. I backed up the apks before the OS change, but i don't dare to install them.

All camera apps i tried couldn't take use of all lenses and the pictures were very noisy.

Gcam is a surprisingly good alternative. Check out the pictures in Telegram.

SickCuriosity

Nov 26, 2015
In my case it does, but it seems to be not really supported?

The stock camera for OOS on the OP7T? I would like to have this, but i don't know how to get installed in LOS. I backed up the apks before the OS change, but i don't dare to install them.

All camera apps i tried couldn't take use of all lenses and the pictures were very noisy.

Gcam is a surprisingly good alternative. Check out the pictures in Telegram.
Oh no sorry I meant what was wrong with the Los stock camera...

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Everything runs beautifully, but for some reason I can not make phone calls. I can hear the other person talking, but they hear a fax machine sound... not sure what's going on honestly.

EDIT: Disregard this in tried another ROM and had the same issue so I reverted it back to stock Android 10 using the msm tool, took the it's too 11 and then flashed a different ROM because the auto brightness issue on this. I bought what was supposed to be an HD1905 off eBay but they shipped the T-Mobile version converted to global. I'm not sure how they did it so it was an issue on this phone.

Last edited:

axel2230

I've been using this ROM for a about ~2 weeks and I've found some things that I think are worth discussing:

Could it be possible to enable the traffic monitor on this phone? I know the feature is currently hidden because the notch is in the way of the traffic monitor but I don't see why the monitor can't be moved to the right just like it was in OOS. I know LOS disables the monitor on phones with notches but unlike other phones the notch of the 7T is quite small and there's plenty of unused status bar space where the monitor would fit in without much issue.

Some user's say the auto brightness has been improved over previous builds (I'm on the May 30th build) but I think it it still needs some work, at least comparing to OOS 10. Notably the auto brightness feature doesn't seem to learn anything after making manual adjustments. Though honestly it works mostly fine, my biggest complaint with it is how it handles low light scenarios (unlit rooms at night). In these cases the brightness level jumps around quite often without the ambient light of the room changing at all and without me changing the posture of the phone. Even when I make manual adjustments the auto brightness immediately readjusts the level, hence why I think it doesn't learn. It would be great if this could be improved upon further.

I had to disable double tap to wake due to false positives waking the phone while it was in my pant's pockets. Hopefully this can be remedied by querying the proximity sensor before waking the device whenever a double tap is detected.

Battery life remains unchanged from OOS 10, which was great back then and still is great here in LOS 18.1. (I upgraded to OOS 11 then immediately switched to LOS so I never tested OOS 11)

I don't miss any OOS specific features with the exception of the camera app (more details on that in the comment below)

Overall I think this is a great rom and I greatly appreciate that LOS exists. I've been a fan back since the Cyanogenmod days (My first custom rom device ran Jellybean) and I've mostly stuck to custom roms since then notably Cyanogenmod back then and Nowadays Lineage OS. I love the consistency, the freedom, and the lightweight nature of this rom and it's what drives me to install it on my devices.

axel2230

For those unhappy about the camera app situation I've found that the stock Oneplus camera app can be installed and used with a few caveats. This was tested on the May 30th LOS build, below I list a few notes to keep in mind for anyone interested:
  1. In my limited testing, APKs with version number 3.X.X are the newest ones that can be installed and actually work. Specifically 3.8.116 is the most stable I've found. The apk can be download here (APKMirror link).
  2. The app will always crash upon normal launch. In order to use it you must long press on the app icon and select one of the popup shortcuts (Pro, Take a video, Selfie, or Portrait). Launching from any of these shortcuts the camera app will work and so far I believe all the camera features work.
  3. There might be occasional crashes mostly due to switching between camera modes too much (Most notable on other 3.X.X versions).
  4. In Photo mode (not Pro mode) the aspect ratio button works only on 4:3 and 1:1, switching to fullscreen will render photo mode unusable as the app will crash upon switching to it. Other modes will still function as normal and Pro mode can use fullscreen aspect ratio without issues. If you accidentally switched to fullscreen aspect ratio in photo mode then it can be fixed by clearing the app data.
  5. The gallery button does not work, likely due to the missing oneplus gallery apk. Probably it will work with it installed but I haven't tested that yet.
  6. Systemlessly installing the app to the system folder does not improve anything. So installing the apk as any other normal sideloaded app is probably the best option.
I'm not sure if the rom can be tweaked to prevent the normal launch crash. Though I'm not expecting anything from the dev about this. The app works without much issue and I'm trying to workaround the launch issue with tasker. Hopefully I'm succesful with it.

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
For those unhappy about the camera app situation I've found that the stock Oneplus camera app can be installed and used with a few caveats. This was tested on the May 30th LOS build, below I list a few notes to keep in mind for anyone interested:
  1. In my limited testing, APKs with version number 3.X.X are the newest ones that can be installed and actually work. Specifically 3.8.116 is the most stable I've found. The apk can be download here (APKMirror link).
  2. The app will always crash upon normal launch. In order to use it you must long press on the app icon and select one of the popup shortcuts (Pro, Take a video, Selfie, or Portrait). Launching from any of these shortcuts the camera app will work and so far I believe all the camera features work.
  3. There might be occasional crashes mostly due to switching between camera modes too much (Most notable on other 3.X.X versions).
  4. In Photo mode (not Pro mode) the aspect ratio button works only on 4:3 and 1:1, switching to fullscreen will render photo mode unusable as the app will crash upon switching to it. Other modes will still function as normal and Pro mode can use fullscreen aspect ratio without issues. If you accidentally switched to fullscreen aspect ratio in photo mode then it can be fixed by clearing the app data.
  5. The gallery button does not work, likely due to the missing oneplus gallery apk. Probably it will work with it installed but I haven't tested that yet.
  6. Systemlessly installing the app to the system folder does not improve anything. So installing the apk as any other normal sideloaded app is probably the best option.
I'm not sure if the rom can be tweaked to prevent the normal launch crash. Though I'm not expecting anything from the dev about this. The app works without much issue and I'm trying to workaround the launch issue with tasker. Hopefully I'm succesful with it.
Can't you just install GCam? I'm running a lineage based ROM right now and just installed the newest GCam 8 from the link below and it's working beautifully without even applying a config file.

Reactions: sephk

axel2230

Can't you just install GCam? I'm running a lineage based ROM right now and just installed the newest GCam 8 from the link below and it's working beautifully without even applying a config file.

Actually I have it installed. I just like the stock OOS camera ui better than gcam. In terms of image quality I haven't tested both enough to say which is the best of both. Honestly I don't really mind about quality so long as ut looks good to my eyes I'm good. So I guess I won't bother testing much and I'll just keep both installed and use whichever I feel like using at the moment.

As long as I'm not using the stock LOS camera I'm fine. That one has a ton of missing features and we are unable to use the ultrawide and macro camera hardware with that app.

May 4, 2015
I've been using this ROM for a about ~2 weeks and I've found some things that I think are worth discussing:

Could it be possible to enable the traffic monitor on this phone? I know the feature is currently hidden because the notch is in the way of the traffic monitor but I don't see why the monitor can't be moved to the right just like it was in OOS. I know LOS disables the monitor on phones with notches but unlike other phones the notch of the 7T is quite small and there's plenty of unused status bar space where the monitor would fit in without much issue.

Some user's say the auto brightness has been improved over previous builds (I'm on the May 30th build) but I think it it still needs some work, at least comparing to OOS 10. Notably the auto brightness feature doesn't seem to learn anything after making manual adjustments. Though honestly it works mostly fine, my biggest complaint with it is how it handles low light scenarios (unlit rooms at night). In these cases the brightness level jumps around quite often without the ambient light of the room changing at all and without me changing the posture of the phone. Even when I make manual adjustments the auto brightness immediately readjusts the level, hence why I think it doesn't learn. It would be great if this could be improved upon further.

I had to disable double tap to wake due to false positives waking the phone while it was in my pant's pockets. Hopefully this can be remedied by querying the proximity sensor before waking the device whenever a double tap is detected.

Battery life remains unchanged from OOS 10, which was great back then and still is great here in LOS 18.1. (I upgraded to OOS 11 then immediately switched to LOS so I never tested OOS 11)

I don't miss any OOS specific features with the exception of the camera app (more details on that in the comment below)

Overall I think this is a great rom and I greatly appreciate that LOS exists. I've been a fan back since the Cyanogenmod days (My first custom rom device ran Jellybean) and I've mostly stuck to custom roms since then notably Cyanogenmod back then and Nowadays Lineage OS. I love the consistency, the freedom, and the lightweight nature of this rom and it's what drives me to install it on my devices.
I've been using it for a couple weeks as well. I agree that auto brightness is the biggest issue. I've found that in dark rooms opening apps with a mostly white interface makes the auto brightness get brighter.

I took a stab at fixing this by making my own build of the ROM with an updatedoverlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml that I found from another ROM for the 7t. It made it a bit better but it's still not as good as oos.

Could anyone point me in the right direction for how to fix this? I'm new to ROM development, but I'd be interested in contributing.

Reactions: Ssayerr

axel2230

I've been using it for a couple weeks as well. I agree that auto brightness is the biggest issue. I've found that in dark rooms opening apps with a mostly white interface makes the auto brightness get brighter.

I took a stab at fixing this by making my own build of the ROM with an updatedoverlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml that I found from another ROM for the 7t. It made it a bit better but it's still not as good as oos.

Could anyone point me in the right direction for how to fix this? I'm new to ROM development, but I'd be interested in contributing.
You're correct about the brightness behavior but you forgot to mention that the opposite is true as well. If displaying darker content the screen brightness lowers to the minimum or close to it. Also because the brightness increase causes more reflections in a dark room it tends to want to raise even more to compensate for the seemingly bright room when its just the brightness level chasing itself.

So as an example: You manually adjust your brightness at 5 and you happen to scroll by a white picture, the brightness in response to reflections raises to 7 and sometimes the reflection is strong enough making it raise even higher to 9. As you scroll past the picture the dark background covers the screen and the brightness drops to 3 or even down to 1. This cycle of events can happen within a few seconds making it very annoying to use auto brightness in dark rooms.

Maybe it's an interesting point for you and others. I was also looking for a solution to install the OnePlus camera app before i found gcam, that fulfills my needs.

So before i flashed LOS 18, i extracted all apks with adb pull, that could possibly belong to the camera in latest OOS 11. I found the oneplus.camera.apk (110MB) and the system apps oneplus.camera.service.apk (29kB) and qualcomm.qti.seccamservice.apk (65kB).

Perhaps the unstable behavior is due to the missing system apps.

PS: I haven't had the guts to install the apks, because i don't want to break sth. If anyone wants to try it I can provide them.

Mogster2K

Jun 25, 2011
Idiot-proof guide to install with gapps and magisk from stock OOS11

First off, huge thanks to @LuK1337, I've been waiting for this for a while! I have a retail HD1903 and want to cleanly install the rom, coming from stock OOS11 rooted with magisk. What's the recommended procedure to install both with gapps and avoid issues? I read the whole thread and I'm trying to write down the main takeaways, what I got until now is:
> wipe data and storage partitions
> flash latest build following the Los wiki with Los recovery
> reboot to recovery
> select option to manually mount system (is this recommended for most users?)
> flash MindTheGapps build
> boot and setup the OS
> install magisk manager
> extract boot.img from Los build following this tutorial
> patch and install magisk following the installation wiki

Did I get anything wrong or miss anything important? I'm not sure whether it's better to install Gapps before of after Magisk. Are there any relevant details not mentioned in the wikis?

Sorry for the dumb post but I'd rather avoid bricking my main device. Maybe a guide like this could be stickied for folks like me...

Gapps should always be flashed after the OS and before booting into the OS. Magisk can be installed at any time after that.

SickCuriosity

Nov 26, 2015
Gapps should always be flashed after the OS and before booting into the OS. Magisk can be installed at any time after that.
I did exactly that and everything is working, except for Gmail which keeps crashing. I don't really know how to fix it and I'd rather avoid doing another clean install, especially since I already followed the procedure the first time... Any clue what could be going wrong?

Edit: nevermind, the issue was with the Webview Switcher Magisk module. I removed it and everything is working fine now.

Last edited:

altojd

Dec 11, 2009
i've installed the rom and all works just fine. The only thing i did not find in setting is "advance reboot". Am i just blind or it doesn"t exist?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @damianesteves, using "fastboot flash" without specifying a partition automatically sends it to the active one. I think, instead, that there's a typo in the official instructions. You're flashing a recovery, so you should be flashing it to recovery, not boot. So, try "fastboot flash recovery <filename>" and see if that works.
    Is it just me or the device's MAC address randomizes on every reboot with 'Use device MAC' selected from Wi-Fi Privacy section? I only encounter this issue on the stock kernel, and flashing a custom kernel fixes it.
    Looks like this will be temporarily fixed in 313185. Thank you!
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Finally, thank you luk
    It's been working great to be honest, battery life better than stock! I've had trouble with the ING banking app, I've removed root and factory reset, installed lineage again without root and it's still a bit iffy, it seems to think it's still rooted.

I've noticed opening the multitasking menu is a little buggy/slow, and the fingerprint reader is not as fast or as accurate as stock, but that's to be expected.

Other than that I haven't noticed any other bugs.

LuK1337 thankyou so much​