• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][OFFICIAL][hotdogb][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

bromegrim

Feb 15, 2014
Great ROM, must've took great time and effort, thanks. Only, gestures are a bit slower than oos, and 48mp and macro are in the wind("aux-fix" module works, but still..); Yet its a fair trade-off for a lighter and much better ROM.

An important request would be:
I would be very happy if it is possible to add Savitech's LHDC codec to it. I couldn't find a way to add it, it is beyond me. There are dev files in:

https://gitlab.com/savitech-lhdc
and
https://github.com/bju2000/savitech-lhdc-system_bt

If I had known how difficult to come across a device which can use it, I wouldn't buy these bt headphones :/ they are not worth that much without LHDC function.
Thank you.

SickCuriosity

Nov 26, 2015
Just wanna report that this ROM seems to suffer from this open issue from core LOS affecting the spellchecking on multiple languages. I'm getting the same behavior as described in the issue comments: next-word prediction correctly suggests words in the currently selected language, but the error highlighting and suggestions only use the first language dictionary.

I'll probably have to reluctantly switch over to GBoard and its in-built spellchecker until this is resolved in core LOS 😥

Edit: somehow the problem went away after switching the first language to Italian and then back to English, not sure why. It then came back after a restart though...

Last edited:

strapdad

Apr 17, 2019
Is there any way to get this feature on LineageOS? I use image copy a lot, this is on Pixel Experience. Also, what other big features would I be losing or gaining coming from Pixel Experience? Just a summary, I don't need every feature listed. Just the ones you consider important.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210617-130759_Pixel_Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20210617-130759_Pixel_Launcher.png
    877.4 KB · Views: 91

axel2230

Maybe it's an interesting point for you and others. I was also looking for a solution to install the OnePlus camera app before i found gcam, that fulfills my needs.

So before i flashed LOS 18, i extracted all apks with adb pull, that could possibly belong to the camera in latest OOS 11. I found the oneplus.camera.apk (110MB) and the system apps oneplus.camera.service.apk (29kB) and qualcomm.qti.seccamservice.apk (65kB).

Perhaps the unstable behavior is due to the missing system apps.

PS: I haven't had the guts to install the apks, because i don't want to break sth. If anyone wants to try it I can provide them.
Nice! I jumped on LOS without thinking much about backing up system apps. I'd be willing to give those APKs a try if you don't mind sharing them with me.

klinster

Jun 3, 2010
Los Angeles
luisjg.dev
The HD1907 is tricky.

I tried installing LOS straight from the T-Mobile branded OOS11, and the SIM went "missing" so there was no voice/SMS/mobile data.

So I went through the whole conversion process and installed LOS from the latest global OOS11 firmware instead, and everything works just fine. Even installed the new Dora kernel and haven't had a fuss in the hours I've been on it.

TL;DR: Since you already converted, it's as simple as following the installation instructions as-is. You're good to go!
What were the steps you took?

cher81

May 31, 2008
I've upgraded to the latest nightly build lineage-18.1-20210620 and the phone stopped booting. Only seeing LineageOS circle going from right to the left endlessly. Anyone has any idea how to get it recovered? After about 30-40 minutes of this I turning it off and back on and seeing the same Lineage boot logo. This was my 2nd OTA upgraded to the nightly build, all previous upgrades worked as expected.

• Sad
Reactions: dor_pauli

cher81

May 31, 2008
I've upgraded to the latest nightly build lineage-18.1-20210620 and the phone stopped booting. Only seeing LineageOS circle going from right to the left endlessly. Anyone has any idea how to get it recovered? After about 30-40 minutes of this I turning it off and back on and seeing the same Lineage boot logo. This was my 2nd OTA upgraded to the nightly build, all previous upgrades worked as expected.
Don't know how but it has finally booted. I think I've sent it to fastboot first from the Lineage Recovery and then exited and it booted to the installed latest LineageOS as it would normally do.

cher81

May 31, 2008
Don't know how but it has finally booted. I think I've sent it to fastboot first from the Lineage Recovery and then exited and it booted to the installed latest LineageOS as it would normally do.
And I screwed it up again. Apparently it seems like I booted from the recovery/secondary partition and Magisk kills it or one of the modules installed under Magisk does it. I realized that device spoofing stopped working and I re-enabled them back and after reboot seeing boot animation loop.

This is a nightmare. We need LineageOS with MicroG and spoofing enabled to be official. We don't want all the Google crap in the phone. Lineage developers have to pay attention to simple users needs.

Last edited:

cocolocko

Dec 30, 2011
S
OnePlus 7T

Same for me here phone does not boot up.

cher81

May 31, 2008
Same for me here phone does not boot up.
you need to do adb sideload zip from your computer. I was able to recover it but microG is a problem now. I have a few essential apps that require freaking PlayStore. getting Magisk installed is a problem now. I'm unable to get it booted after flashing magisk_patched boot.img file. Neither booting after sideloading magisk.zip.
Initial April build didn't have this problem.

cocolocko

Dec 30, 2011
S
OnePlus 7T
you need to do adb sideload zip from your computer. I was able to recover it but microG is a problem now. I have a few essential apps that require freaking PlayStore. getting Magisk installed is a problem now. I'm unable to get it booted after flashing magisk_patched boot.img file. Neither booting after sideloading magisk.zip.
for me the only way was in recovery mode, factory reset. Data is gone. but now it is working again.

Ssayerr

Oct 23, 2015
Did you create your own patched boot image, or are you using one from elsewhere?

Reactions: cher81
Hmm, ok. Are you creating and flashing your own manually each time you update, or are you using the Magisk built-in method after installing an OTA?

Is it required to flash magisk_boot image everytime LOS is updated? I have not for the last 2 updates and magisk still runs fine.

I did not install the current update because of the comments in this forum by the way.

Ssayerr

Oct 23, 2015
Is it required to flash magisk_boot image everytime LOS is updated? I have not for the last 2 updates and magisk still runs fine.

I did not install the current update because of the comments in this forum by the way.
You need to either flash a Magisk-patched boot image or use the Magisk built-in installer to keep the boot image current. If changes are pushed to the image and you use an old one, you can get issues like what users are currently experiencing.

The ideal way to keep Magisk installed and everything up-to-date is to:
  • Download and install the latest OTA, but DO NOT REBOOT
  • Launch Magisk > Go to Magisk > Install > Install to Inactive Slot
Once you do this, Magisk will install itself into the latest OTA and then reboot. This is the method I've been using, and was able to update to this week's build without issue.

EDIT: As an aside, if you do have issues with an update, you can boot to Fastboot, then run
Code:
fastboot set_active other
to swap to the pre-update partition and give updating another shot without losing data.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

New August 2nd update was just released.

It seems to have updated and replaced the August 1st update.

Can confirm that fingerprinting is working.
    I tested both nightly's and can confirm, that 01. August was the problem. There was no way (even with shutting down Night Light and so on) to get FOD working. The 02. August nightly seemed to fix the problem. My FOD is now working again (also with night light on by the way).
    Latest August 1st Update seems to have screwed up the fingerprint unlock.

Re-scanning the fingerprint works, but the issue is unlocking the phone with the fingerprint.

It almost always says "Not recognized".

This was not an issue before this update.
    Is it just me or the device's MAC address randomizes on every reboot with 'Use device MAC' selected from Wi-Fi Privacy section? I only encounter this issue on the stock kernel, and flashing a custom kernel fixes it.
    Looks like this will be temporarily fixed in 313185. Thank you!
    so the only way is msm tool to restore drm keys right? update to oos11 after try go to los again :( i thought maybe we have a way we didnt need to wipe.

thanks for clarification.
    Your DRM keys are still there, you just can't use them on anything but locked stock...unless you're lucky enough to have /unlocked/ keybox programmed with L1 keys just like lucky individuals who claim that OOS update magically restored their L1 ^^
    New August 2nd update was just released.

It seems to have updated and replaced the August 1st update.

Can confirm that fingerprinting is working.
    I tested both nightly's and can confirm, that 01. August was the problem. There was no way (even with shutting down Night Light and so on) to get FOD working. The 02. August nightly seemed to fix the problem. My FOD is now working again (also with night light on by the way).
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Latest August 1st Update seems to have screwed up the fingerprint unlock.

Re-scanning the fingerprint works, but the issue is unlocking the phone with the fingerprint.

It almost always says "Not recognized".

This was not an issue before this update.
    For those unhappy about the camera app situation I've found that the stock Oneplus camera app can be installed and used with a few caveats. This was tested on the May 30th LOS build, below I list a few notes to keep in mind for anyone interested:
    1. In my limited testing, APKs with version number 3.X.X are the newest ones that can be installed and actually work. Specifically 3.8.116 is the most stable I've found. The apk can be download here (APKMirror link).
    2. The app will always crash upon normal launch. In order to use it you must long press on the app icon and select one of the popup shortcuts (Pro, Take a video, Selfie, or Portrait). Launching from any of these shortcuts the camera app will work and so far I believe all the camera features work.
    3. There might be occasional crashes mostly due to switching between camera modes too much (Most notable on other 3.X.X versions).
    4. In Photo mode (not Pro mode) the aspect ratio button works only on 4:3 and 1:1, switching to fullscreen will render photo mode unusable as the app will crash upon switching to it. Other modes will still function as normal and Pro mode can use fullscreen aspect ratio without issues. If you accidentally switched to fullscreen aspect ratio in photo mode then it can be fixed by clearing the app data.
    5. The gallery button does not work, likely due to the missing oneplus gallery apk. Probably it will work with it installed but I haven't tested that yet.
    6. Systemlessly installing the app to the system folder does not improve anything. So installing the apk as any other normal sideloaded app is probably the best option.
    I'm not sure if the rom can be tweaked to prevent the normal launch crash. Though I'm not expecting anything from the dev about this. The app works without much issue and I'm trying to workaround the launch issue with tasker. Hopefully I'm succesful with it.
    Finally, thank you luk
    It's been working great to be honest, battery life better than stock! I've had trouble with the ING banking app, I've removed root and factory reset, installed lineage again without root and it's still a bit iffy, it seems to think it's still rooted.

I've noticed opening the multitasking menu is a little buggy/slow, and the fingerprint reader is not as fast or as accurate as stock, but that's to be expected.

Other than that I haven't noticed any other bugs.