• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][hotdogb][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

nanu.nanu

Feb 8, 2021
Hi all! I am interested in this phone. I would like to use it as my daily driver. I am on the T-Mobile network and would be purchasing this phone
I just need to make sure I can make calls and have 4G data available.
Anybody else successful with the same phone and T-Mobile?

Mogster2K

Jun 25, 2011
I ran into a serious problem - the phone seemed to lock up or go into a very deep sleep, and it was not notifying me for texts or calls. Nobody could reach me (and I was asleep.) After I woke up, I picked up the phone and it rebooted after a minute or so. Then I got all the text notifications. I put my sim in a backup phone for now.

Mogster2K

Jun 25, 2011
Hi all! I am interested in this phone. I would like to use it as my daily driver. I am on the T-Mobile network and would be purchasing this phone
I just need to make sure I can make calls and have 4G data available.
Anybody else successful with the same phone and T-Mobile?
Not quite. I have the T-Mobile version (HD1907) converted to the global ROM, so it should be the same as the HD1905. It works with calls and 4G data, tho I currently have a problem with the Lineage ROM.

BTW if you buy the T-Mobile version you can get a better price on Swappa.

Raahil

Feb 27, 2012
Hi,

I have the OP7T (HD1905) and I updated to the LOS 18.1 last week with MindtheGapps. Ever since the phone wont connect to the Android Auto in my car (Worked reasonably well with stock OOS). I flashed to the latest version (lineage-18.1-20210704-nightly-hotdogb-signed.zip) last night with Nikgapps but still no luck. I keep getting the error "No Installed apps work with this USB accessory". Has anyone faced a similar issue?

Not quite. I have the T-Mobile version (HD1907) converted to the global ROM, so it should be the same as the HD1905. It works with calls and 4G data, tho I currently have a problem with the Lineage ROM.

BTW if you buy the T-Mobile version you can get a better price on Swappa.
I've 1907 converted to global rom and wanted to flash this LOS.
Can you please specify what problem are you facing as you mentioned?

Mogster2K

Jun 25, 2011
I've 1907 converted to global rom and wanted to flash this LOS.
Can you please specify what problem are you facing as you mentioned?
It was in an earlier post.

sephk

Jul 2, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
Hi,

I have the OP7T (HD1905) and I updated to the LOS 18.1 last week with MindtheGapps. Ever since the phone wont connect to the Android Auto in my car (Worked reasonably well with stock OOS). I flashed to the latest version (lineage-18.1-20210704-nightly-hotdogb-signed.zip) last night with Nikgapps but still no luck. I keep getting the error "No Installed apps work with this USB accessory". Has anyone faced a similar issue?
I did not have this issue, Android Auto runs fine with my Accord

Mr_Happy

Apr 9, 2008
After the latest update somehow my bluetooth devices needed to be reconnected and the fingerprint option is no longer available when I turn my screen back on, I only have pattern and 'Emergency call' on screen now.

Anybody else had this happen?
And how do I get the fingerprint option back?

TheBlueRaja

May 6, 2010
Does anyone have any issues with tethering? I'm on the July 18th build and tethering appears to work in that I can connect to the hotspot bit the connected device can't browse anything.

In case it's relevant I use blokada on my phone, which creates a local VPN, however I have the option to allow connected devices to use the VPN to forward traffic ticked anyway.

Last edited:

ystokar

Aug 2, 2012
Does anyone have any issues with tethering? I'm on the July 18th build and tethering appears to work in that I can connect to the hotspot bit the connected device can't browse anything.

In case it's relevant I use blokada on my phone, which creates a local VPN, however I have the option to allow connected devices to use the VPN to forward traffic ticked anyway.
I have same issue on stock ROM...

krakerx

Dec 29, 2008
Long Island, NY
I haven't seen this posted anywhere on here, so I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but I am unable to get Android Auto to output audio when connected via USB (my vehicle doesn't support wireless). Oddly enough, when I plug in my phone, it firsts starts playing through phone speakers, then stops all together. The radio shows that it's playing (song's time progresses), but nothing.

Build: lineage-18.1-20210725-nightly
Kernel: Stock
Model: HD1907 (Internationally modified TMo variant)
GApps: MindTheGapps (MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm64-20210412_124247)

I was going to try and re-flash using OpenGApps, but wanted to see if anyone had any experience, or I'm just out of luck.

EDIT: I've tried OpenGApps, both Pico and Nano, and neither would even launch Android Auto when plugged in, and I am unable to get FlameGApps to load, gives an error "failed to mount/detect system"

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

About GCam:
    FYI, I use Nikita's NGCam 7.4.104 (NGCam_7.4.104-v2.0_eng.apk)... No sweat so far.
    In attached file, my config file for Nikita's NGCam 7.4.104.

About updating firmware on hotdogb:
    If needed, you can download the required files for updating your firmware here (unzip and follow the official instructions ... use LOS recovery in fastbootD mode)
    Thanks mate.
    I updated through OTA and updated Magisk too, but the mic problem is still there. I'll probably have to try a non-LOS based rom.
    Flash retail firmware and mic will work fine. See: https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/3933
    I too bought what I thought was a refurb HD1905 and ended up with a T-Mobile HD 1907. I upgraded it straight to OOS11 then LOS 18.1 which I later understood to be bad practice, skipping the global rom, but I had a Google FI data sim in the whole time and there was no problem with cellular data. But same deal with fax machine sound. I don't have a windows machine for MSM tool and it doesn 't run for me on WINE. I couldn't find the official T-Mob image for payload dumper so I used the two of the flashable roms that are referenced by the Go back to Stock T-Mob procedure even though those say not for branded phones. That was a Boot loop both times, manual flash of all images listed in flash-all.bat of the Global Rom. Even though it looped I hoped that something was different when I re-installed LOS but now still Fax machine sound. Did you ever resolve this, was it fixed after MSM tool use?
    I also got the 1907 from B&H. Unlocked bootloader, flashed global rom with this guide

but never rooted it. I then ran an update or 2 before moving to this rom. I haven't had any of the described calling issues. Haven't really found any issues at all. Once in a while I can't get VLC to kill audio streaming, but that could be the app (?).
    Please someone help any ROM I install phone mic does not work. The other person only hears a loud ringing noise. I can hear them tho. Anyone else having this issue?
    Please someone help any ROM I install phone mic does not work. The other person only hears a loud ringing noise. I can hear them tho. Anyone else having this issue?
    Nope, flash stock and see if hardware prob
    About GCam:
    FYI, I use Nikita's NGCam 7.4.104 (NGCam_7.4.104-v2.0_eng.apk)... No sweat so far.
    In attached file, my config file for Nikita's NGCam 7.4.104.

About updating firmware on hotdogb:
    If needed, you can download the required files for updating your firmware here (unzip and follow the official instructions ... use LOS recovery in fastbootD mode)
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Latest August 1st Update seems to have screwed up the fingerprint unlock.

Re-scanning the fingerprint works, but the issue is unlocking the phone with the fingerprint.

It almost always says "Not recognized".

This was not an issue before this update.
    For those unhappy about the camera app situation I've found that the stock Oneplus camera app can be installed and used with a few caveats. This was tested on the May 30th LOS build, below I list a few notes to keep in mind for anyone interested:
    1. In my limited testing, APKs with version number 3.X.X are the newest ones that can be installed and actually work. Specifically 3.8.116 is the most stable I've found. The apk can be download here (APKMirror link).
    2. The app will always crash upon normal launch. In order to use it you must long press on the app icon and select one of the popup shortcuts (Pro, Take a video, Selfie, or Portrait). Launching from any of these shortcuts the camera app will work and so far I believe all the camera features work.
    3. There might be occasional crashes mostly due to switching between camera modes too much (Most notable on other 3.X.X versions).
    4. In Photo mode (not Pro mode) the aspect ratio button works only on 4:3 and 1:1, switching to fullscreen will render photo mode unusable as the app will crash upon switching to it. Other modes will still function as normal and Pro mode can use fullscreen aspect ratio without issues. If you accidentally switched to fullscreen aspect ratio in photo mode then it can be fixed by clearing the app data.
    5. The gallery button does not work, likely due to the missing oneplus gallery apk. Probably it will work with it installed but I haven't tested that yet.
    6. Systemlessly installing the app to the system folder does not improve anything. So installing the apk as any other normal sideloaded app is probably the best option.
    I'm not sure if the rom can be tweaked to prevent the normal launch crash. Though I'm not expecting anything from the dev about this. The app works without much issue and I'm trying to workaround the launch issue with tasker. Hopefully I'm succesful with it.
    Finally, thank you luk
    for installing magisk, I always follow the following:
    • install magisk manager in the phone
    • extract the boot.img from the payload.bin
    • upload to phone
    • use magisk manager to install magisk to the boot image
    • fastboot boot the rooted boot image
    • when the phone boots again: you have root. Use magisk manager again to do a direct install to the current slot
    • reboot
    • profit