• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][hotdogb][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

Nintenbas

Jun 27, 2013
I haven't seen this posted anywhere on here, so I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but I am unable to get Android Auto to output audio when connected via USB (my vehicle doesn't support wireless). Oddly enough, when I plug in my phone, it firsts starts playing through phone speakers, then stops all together. The radio shows that it's playing (song's time progresses), but nothing.

Build: lineage-18.1-20210725-nightly
Kernel: Stock
Model: HD1907 (Internationally modified TMo variant)
GApps: MindTheGapps (MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm64-20210412_124247)

I was going to try and re-flash using OpenGApps, but wanted to see if anyone had any experience, or I'm just out of luck.

EDIT: I've tried OpenGApps, both Pico and Nano, and neither would even launch Android Auto when plugged in, and I am unable to get FlameGApps to load, gives an error "failed to mount/detect system"
I think I had something similar. For me, it had something to do with Android Auto permissions. I reinstalled that app, gave all permisions and then it worked.

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
hey guys the latest oos restores widevine from l3 to l1 again.
its possible to flash some firmware files to archive this on los too?
or do we need some blobs in rom first?

@LuK1337 @osm0sis
You don't understand how it works, even if you went back to the latest OOS *you* wouldn't get L1. Only some flagged devices will get it (and only if they pass one more requirement) :^)

pxrave

Apr 7, 2010
root
px-coding.org
Google Nexus 4
OnePlus 3
You don't understand how it works, even if you went back to the latest OOS *you* wouldn't get L1. Only some flagged devices will get it (and only if they pass one more requirement) :^)
so the only way is msm tool to restore drm keys right? update to oos11 after try go to los again :( i thought maybe we have a way we didnt need to wipe.

thanks for clarification.

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
so the only way is msm tool to restore drm keys right? update to oos11 after try go to los again :( i thought maybe we have a way we didnt need to wipe.

thanks for clarification.
Your DRM keys are still there, you just can't use them on anything but locked stock...unless you're lucky enough to have /unlocked/ keybox programmed with L1 keys just like lucky individuals who claim that OOS update magically restored their L1 ^^

• Wow
Reactions: osm0sis and pxrave

pxrave

Apr 7, 2010
root
px-coding.org
Google Nexus 4
OnePlus 3
Your DRM keys are still there, you just can't use them on anything but locked stock...unless you're lucky enough to have /unlocked/ keybox programmed with L1 keys just like lucky individuals who claim that OOS update magically restored their L1 ^^
i was one of these lucky guys in oos10 after upgraded to oos11 and stay on l3 :( i need try again when i need netflix or others things you need l1 kkkkk

parkedraccoon

Sep 23, 2012
Latest August 1st Update seems to have screwed up the fingerprint unlock.

Re-scanning the fingerprint works, but the issue is unlocking the phone with the fingerprint.

It almost always says "Not recognized".

This was not an issue before this update.
Same here, survived reflashing back to 7/18 release and now fingerprint sensor works to unlock again.

Ssayerr

Oct 23, 2015

Re-scanning the fingerprint works, but the issue is unlocking the phone with the fingerprint.

I'm experiencing the same problem. I've attached a log file, and will be happy to help gather further info if needed.

dacoolboi

Apr 11, 2019
New August 2nd update was just released.

It seems to have updated and replaced the August 1st update.

Can confirm that fingerprinting is working.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ssayerr

dacoolboi

Apr 11, 2019
The fingerprint bug seems to be back.

I do think I found the offender though.

The August 1st (maybe also the August 2nd) update seems to mess with the interaction between Night Light and the fingerprint scanner working.

Turning off Night Light, the fingerprint is quite accurate but with Night Light on, the fingerprint is not recognized.

I think this was the bug all along.

lobotomize

Feb 1, 2018
OnePlus 7T
I'm using the 08.02 build, and noticed that the alert slider isn't working correctly, and the options for it are missing from the device settings. Bottom rings, middle still puts it in vibrate, but the upper position no longer puts it in silent mode.

Edit:
It is working, but intermittently. I've noticed that when I go to unlock the phone after being locked for a few minutes, silent mode shuts itself off sometimes. Seems quite inconsistent, and I can't come up with a consistent way to make it happen for testing. There must be something else in my configuration that's messing this up.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I tried that as well. The moment I boot the image the errors occur. But only on LineageOS, no problems with stock rom.
    Hmm. I very vaguely remember running into something similar a few years back. I believe what ended up being the fix for me was to go back to 100% stock (use the MSM tool to flash stock everything), then start the process fresh. If memory serves, it ended up being a nonstandard partition that was being missed by all the other install methods. This got everything back to where it needed to be, and I had no issues after.
    About GCam:
    FYI, I use Nikita's NGCam 7.4.104 (NGCam_7.4.104-v2.0_eng.apk)... No sweat so far.
    In attached file, my config file for Nikita's NGCam 7.4.104.

About updating firmware on hotdogb:
    If needed, you can download the required files for updating your firmware here (unzip and follow the official instructions ... use LOS recovery in fastbootD mode)
    Hmm. I very vaguely remember running into something similar a few years back. I believe what ended up being the fix for me was to go back to 100% stock (use the MSM tool to flash stock everything), then start the process fresh. If memory serves, it ended up being a nonstandard partition that was being missed by all the other install methods. This got everything back to where it needed to be, and I had no issues after.
    IT WORKED! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!
    I did everything as you said and went back to stock via MSM tool and now everything works perfectly. I nearly gave up but thanks to you I now have a working phone.
    Thank you!
    I'm having an issue after flashing. Everything works awesome until I try to call someone. I can hear them but all they hear is a high pitch tone. Plus it seems like i can hear what I say echoed back at me from the speaker. Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated.

This is a known issue. You need to flash stock firmware to get the mic to work. Follow the instructions below.

I figured it out. I wasn't in fastbootd.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

For those unhappy about the camera app situation I've found that the stock Oneplus camera app can be installed and used with a few caveats. This was tested on the May 30th LOS build, below I list a few notes to keep in mind for anyone interested:
    1. In my limited testing, APKs with version number 3.X.X are the newest ones that can be installed and actually work. Specifically 3.8.116 is the most stable I've found. The apk can be download here (APKMirror link).
    2. The app will always crash upon normal launch. In order to use it you must long press on the app icon and select one of the popup shortcuts (Pro, Take a video, Selfie, or Portrait). Launching from any of these shortcuts the camera app will work and so far I believe all the camera features work.
    3. There might be occasional crashes mostly due to switching between camera modes too much (Most notable on other 3.X.X versions).
    4. In Photo mode (not Pro mode) the aspect ratio button works only on 4:3 and 1:1, switching to fullscreen will render photo mode unusable as the app will crash upon switching to it. Other modes will still function as normal and Pro mode can use fullscreen aspect ratio without issues. If you accidentally switched to fullscreen aspect ratio in photo mode then it can be fixed by clearing the app data.
    5. The gallery button does not work, likely due to the missing oneplus gallery apk. Probably it will work with it installed but I haven't tested that yet.
    6. Systemlessly installing the app to the system folder does not improve anything. So installing the apk as any other normal sideloaded app is probably the best option.
    I'm not sure if the rom can be tweaked to prevent the normal launch crash. Though I'm not expecting anything from the dev about this. The app works without much issue and I'm trying to workaround the launch issue with tasker. Hopefully I'm succesful with it.
    Finally, thank you luk
    for installing magisk, I always follow the following:
    • install magisk manager in the phone
    • extract the boot.img from the payload.bin
    • upload to phone
    • use magisk manager to install magisk to the boot image
    • fastboot boot the rooted boot image
    • when the phone boots again: you have root. Use magisk manager again to do a direct install to the current slot
    • reboot
    • profit