• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][hotdogb][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

Ssayerr

Oct 23, 2015
Thanks, got it to work! What do I do when updating, will I keep widevine L1?
As long as you install Magisk to the new partition after installing an OTA update, the modules should carry along and continue functioning without any problems. I haven't had to do anything except update the module once or twice since setting it up.

Reactions: zZEDO

Eric_Lev

Jan 27, 2019
Angers
androidfilehost.com
About GCam:
FYI, I use Nikita's NGCam 7.4.104 (NGCam_7.4.104-v2.0_eng.apk)... No sweat so far.
In attached file, my config file for Nikita's NGCam 7.4.104.

About updating firmware on hotdogb:
If needed, you can download the required files for updating your firmware here (unzip and follow the official instructions ... use LOS recovery in fastbootD mode)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210918-172719_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210918-172719_Settings.png
    157.6 KB · Views: 70
  • OP7T-Nikita-EL.xml
    23.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Reactions: Ultramanoid

Lini89

Sep 19, 2021
Hi, first of all thank you LuK1137 for all your work!
The rom looks great but if I install Magisk, I receive the error "System UI isn't responding" at system startup, camera app is uninstalled and wifi is not working. Startup itself also takes an unusual long time. If I install Magisk on OxygenOS there is no problem at all. What could be the problem? I really need help with this! Thank you

Last edited:

xdabushrang3r

Feb 14, 2016
OnePlus 7T
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Hi, first of all thank you LuK1137 for all your work!
The rom looks great but if I install Magisk, I receive the error "System UI isn't responding" at system startup, camera app is uninstalled and wifi is not working. Startup itself also takes an unusual long time. If I install Magisk on OxygenOS there is no problem at all. What could be the problem? I really need help with this! Thank you
When you installed Lineage, did you follow the instructions exactly? Including the factory reset/format data?

Lini89

Sep 19, 2021
When you installed Lineage, did you follow the instructions exactly? Including the factory reset/format data?
Yes, I did everything which is said in "https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/hotdogb/install". Afterwards I installed the Magisk apk, patched the boot.img which I got via payload-dumper-go from the LineageOS zip I used and then flashed the image created by Magisk with fastboot flash boot "image". But I also tried flashing Magisk with apply update via adb sideload in LineageOS recovery after renaming the .apk to .zip.
After flashing Magisk the error always occurs, if I remove Magisk everything goes back to normal.

Ssayerr

Oct 23, 2015
Yes, I did everything which is said in "https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/hotdogb/install". Afterwards I installed the Magisk apk, patched the boot.img which I got via payload-dumper-go from the LineageOS zip I used and then flashed the image created by Magisk with fastboot flash boot "image". But I also tried flashing Magisk with apply update via adb sideload in LineageOS recovery after renaming the .apk to .zip.
After flashing Magisk the error always occurs, if I remove Magisk everything goes back to normal.
I see one point which might be causing you issues. The recommended method to install Magisk is to patch the boot image as you have been, but then to boot to that image (not flash), then use the Magisk app to install Magisk to the real boot image. Have you tried that?

slacker126

Jan 20, 2011
I see one point which might be causing you issues. The recommended method to install Magisk is to patch the boot image as you have been, but then to boot to that image (not flash), then use the Magisk app to install Magisk to the real boot image. Have you tried that?
I've always patched the boot image and then flashed via fastboot to BOTH boot_a and boot_b. Never have had an issue.

Lini89

Sep 19, 2021
I tried that as well. The moment I boot the image the errors occur. But only on LineageOS, no problems with stock rom.

Ssayerr

Oct 23, 2015
I tried that as well. The moment I boot the image the errors occur. But only on LineageOS, no problems with stock rom.
Hmm. I very vaguely remember running into something similar a few years back. I believe what ended up being the fix for me was to go back to 100% stock (use the MSM tool to flash stock everything), then start the process fresh. If memory serves, it ended up being a nonstandard partition that was being missed by all the other install methods. This got everything back to where it needed to be, and I had no issues after.

Reactions: Lini89 and blazo10

Lini89

Sep 19, 2021
Hmm. I very vaguely remember running into something similar a few years back. I believe what ended up being the fix for me was to go back to 100% stock (use the MSM tool to flash stock everything), then start the process fresh. If memory serves, it ended up being a nonstandard partition that was being missed by all the other install methods. This got everything back to where it needed to be, and I had no issues after.
IT WORKED! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!
I did everything as you said and went back to stock via MSM tool and now everything works perfectly. I nearly gave up but thanks to you I now have a working phone.
Thank you!

Reactions: Ssayerr

Lini89

Sep 19, 2021
I now actually know what causes the error. If I execute these commands, I get the problem:

adb root
adb remount -R

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong and how I can edit a file in the /vendor/etc folder?

Nilao

Sep 25, 2021
I'm having an issue after flashing. Everything works awesome until I try to call someone. I can hear them but all they hear is a high pitch tone. Plus it seems like i can hear what I say echoed back at me from the speaker. Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated.

xdabushrang3r

Feb 14, 2016
OnePlus 7T
Redmi Note 8 Pro
I'm having an issue after flashing. Everything works awesome until I try to call someone. I can hear them but all they hear is a high pitch tone. Plus it seems like i can hear what I say echoed back at me from the speaker. Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated.

This is a known issue. You need to flash stock firmware to get the mic to work. Follow the instructions below.

Reactions: Nilao

Nilao

Sep 25, 2021
Thank you for the quick response. I have flashed a different rom nd now if I try to go back to lineage i get a cannot downgrade error. Is there a command to override this? Thanks in advance.

xdabushrang3r

Feb 14, 2016
OnePlus 7T
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Just a guess, but does that other rom you flashed have the latest Android 11 firmware? That's the first part of the instructions when flashing Lineage.
Try flashing the firmware as per the instructions above, then Lineage, then you might need to flash the firmware again to get the mic working.

pmjcr

Dec 13, 2010
Did any of you folks tried to enable Encryption and see how it handles? I am trying to move away from stock roms to get more privacy but encryption is a must have on a mobile device.

Tks

pmjcr

Dec 13, 2010
I have OP7T HD1901 (India). I am currently on OOS 10.3.4 and rooted with Magisk. My Magisk Manager (Canary) is crashing if I am connected to the net hence I have been hesitant to do OTA update to 11.0.0.2. I may need to do clean flash so I was looking at alternative ROM. Is Lineage better than OOS? I need it for daily usage with following functions :
1) Rooted with Magisk hide working for banking apps, most important
2) Adaway
3) Bluetooth tethering
4) Able to restore apps and data from Titanium Backup
5) Gcam if possible
6) Device encryption is a must. No one should be able to copy data from recovery mode or any way if device is lost
7) Gapps / Play Store should work. I use Gmail, Google Maps at least.
I have not flashed a ROM since long time now especially as OOS did not have TWRP.
Hope to get advice
I'm with you on the device encryption and also asked the same question. Let's see if anyone has tried.

For everyone's awareness without encryption is possible to access the filesystem via the recovery and access all files. Is also possible to remove the screen lock by removing the file lockscreen.db from /data/system and have access to the phone and all app contents. Really scary for such a mobile device

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IT WORKED! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!
    I did everything as you said and went back to stock via MSM tool and now everything works perfectly. I nearly gave up but thanks to you I now have a working phone.
    Thank you!

This is a known issue. You need to flash stock firmware to get the mic to work. Follow the instructions below.

I figured it out. I wasn't in fastbootd.
    Still few questions after reading 22 pages, would really appreciate if someone has an answer:

- HD1907 (TMO variant from B&H), unlocked BL, global FW, dual SIM tray. DSDS works for me with OOS. Will it work with LOS?
    - Does it work with Google FI as a carrier? On TMO network of course, no questions about remainings of Sprint or US Cellular.
    - Can we use TWRP and not LOS recovery?

A somewhat not really a LOS question, but an important driver for me myself to switch to LOS:

- The switch driver for me is to degoogle. Will Google FI still work as a carrier if I have a degoogled phone?
    - If so will Google FI app still work?

Really appreciate any insight.
    As far as I can tell, TWRP does not work at all on Lineage. I've tried half a dozen builds and most of them will not even run, and the one that does run cannot decrypt /data.
    This is a noob question, but I have to ask to be safe on my oneplus7t. Can I use Openapps of nano or pico version Lineage OS or any other Gapps?
    My last device was oneplus 3t where I always used Opengapp nano package which worked fine.
    Yes, you can use nano or pico open gapps.
    Nano is recommended.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    For those unhappy about the camera app situation I've found that the stock Oneplus camera app can be installed and used with a few caveats. This was tested on the May 30th LOS build, below I list a few notes to keep in mind for anyone interested:
    1. In my limited testing, APKs with version number 3.X.X are the newest ones that can be installed and actually work. Specifically 3.8.116 is the most stable I've found. The apk can be download here (APKMirror link).
    2. The app will always crash upon normal launch. In order to use it you must long press on the app icon and select one of the popup shortcuts (Pro, Take a video, Selfie, or Portrait). Launching from any of these shortcuts the camera app will work and so far I believe all the camera features work.
    3. There might be occasional crashes mostly due to switching between camera modes too much (Most notable on other 3.X.X versions).
    4. In Photo mode (not Pro mode) the aspect ratio button works only on 4:3 and 1:1, switching to fullscreen will render photo mode unusable as the app will crash upon switching to it. Other modes will still function as normal and Pro mode can use fullscreen aspect ratio without issues. If you accidentally switched to fullscreen aspect ratio in photo mode then it can be fixed by clearing the app data.
    5. The gallery button does not work, likely due to the missing oneplus gallery apk. Probably it will work with it installed but I haven't tested that yet.
    6. Systemlessly installing the app to the system folder does not improve anything. So installing the apk as any other normal sideloaded app is probably the best option.
    I'm not sure if the rom can be tweaked to prevent the normal launch crash. Though I'm not expecting anything from the dev about this. The app works without much issue and I'm trying to workaround the launch issue with tasker. Hopefully I'm succesful with it.
    Latest August 1st Update seems to have screwed up the fingerprint unlock.

Re-scanning the fingerprint works, but the issue is unlocking the phone with the fingerprint.

It almost always says "Not recognized".

This was not an issue before this update.

LuK1337 thankyou so much​

Finally, thank you luk