• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][hotdogb][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

jesrani

Mar 29, 2011
Mumbai
Honor 20
OnePlus 7T
I'm with you on the device encryption and also asked the same question. Let's see if anyone has tried.

For everyone's awareness without encryption is possible to access the filesystem via the recovery and access all files. Is also possible to remove the screen lock by removing the file lockscreen.db from /data/system and have access to the phone and all app contents. Really scary for such a mobile device
I have stayed with OOs and quite happy with it right now. Most apps are working even on rooted phone and encryption works I believe.

rampitec

May 18, 2013
Still few questions after reading 22 pages, would really appreciate if someone has an answer:

- HD1907 (TMO variant from B&H), unlocked BL, global FW, dual SIM tray. DSDS works for me with OOS. Will it work with LOS?
- Does it work with Google FI as a carrier? On TMO network of course, no questions about remainings of Sprint or US Cellular.
- Can we use TWRP and not LOS recovery?

A somewhat not really a LOS question, but an important driver for me myself to switch to LOS:

- The switch driver for me is to degoogle. Will Google FI still work as a carrier if I have a degoogled phone?
- If so will Google FI app still work?

Really appreciate any insight.

Mogster2K

Jun 25, 2011
Still few questions after reading 22 pages, would really appreciate if someone has an answer:

- HD1907 (TMO variant from B&H), unlocked BL, global FW, dual SIM tray. DSDS works for me with OOS. Will it work with LOS?
- Does it work with Google FI as a carrier? On TMO network of course, no questions about remainings of Sprint or US Cellular.

A somewhat not really a LOS question, but an important driver for me myself to switch to LOS:

- The switch driver for me is to degoogle. Will Google FI still work as a carrier if I have a degoogled phone?

As far as I can tell, TWRP does not work at all on Lineage. I've tried half a dozen builds and most of them will not even run, and the one that does run cannot decrypt /data.

Reactions: rampitec

sandeep_kumar

Feb 21, 2017
Indore
This is a noob question, but I have to ask to be safe on my oneplus7t. Can I use Openapps of nano or pico version Lineage OS or any other Gapps?
My last device was oneplus 3t where I always used Opengapp nano package which worked fine.

Eric_Lev

Jan 27, 2019
Angers
androidfilehost.com
Reactions: sandeep_kumar

xdabushrang3r

Feb 14, 2016
OnePlus 7T
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Reactions: sandeep_kumar

orangepowerpokes

Sep 3, 2016
I'm with you on the device encryption and also asked the same question. Let's see if anyone has tried.

For everyone's awareness without encryption is possible to access the filesystem via the recovery and access all files. Is also possible to remove the screen lock by removing the file lockscreen.db from /data/system and have access to the phone and all app contents. Really scary for such a mobile device
I'm a bit confused. Under 'ecryption & credentials', says encrypted here. However, I didn't take any steps to encrypt, assumed it was encrypted by default. I don't recall the encryption status prior to LOS while on OOS.

Ssayerr

Oct 23, 2015
Hi, is this ROM suitable as a daily driver? And how is the battery performance compaired to OOS?
I've been using it as such since it was released, and have had zero issues. In my experience, the comparative battery life is excellent, but your experience may vary depending on what you have installed.

Reactions: kistigun

rampitec

May 18, 2013

So (СЯУ)... I have found the answer. LOS carries emdedded Google FI, Google Carrier Services and some other vendor binary blobs. People say always did. On the one hand I am happy I can solve my problem. On another I am shocked. That said I understand that we still have SIM card with its DSP and cannot do anything about it. Also we have to remeber that AOSP still belongs to Google. A very good answer to a silly question for a perspective.

Reactions: Ultramanoid

xdabushrang3r

Feb 14, 2016
OnePlus 7T
Redmi Note 8 Pro
You shouldn't need to follow any of it, you should be able to use the built-in updater to upgrade to the latest build. Only nonstandard action you'll have to take is if you're using Magisk. Once the updater has finished, do not reboot. Instead, open Magisk, click Install, and select Install to Inactive Slot (After OTA). It'll install Magisk to the just-installed boot image, then restart.
@Ssayerr
How would I go about installing Magisk again if I forgot to install to the inactive slot right after upgrading LOS?
I guess I could just wait another couple of days when I install the next nightly OTA and do it then.

Last edited:

Ssayerr

Oct 23, 2015
@Ssayerr
How would I go about installing Magisk again if I forgot to install to the inactive slot right after upgrading LOS?
I guess I could just wait another couple of days when I install the next nightly OTA and do it then.
Actually, that won't work, since you require root to be able to install it to the inactive partition. At this point, you need to fresh-install Magisk: Extract boot.img from the current release, use Magisk to patch it, boot from the patched image, and install Magisk directly. Once you've done that, you'll be able to go back to patching the inactive partition after OTA updates.

Reactions: xdabushrang3r

kistigun

Nov 12, 2008
Weert
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 9 Pro
I did. I had to install and configure the MagiskHide Props Config module first, but after I did that, I've had zero issues with SafetyNet.
Was just trying that, what configuration did you use? And one other question; is it possible to get face unlock working?

Edit: Never mind I've got no more isues with SafetyNet. Only the face unlock question remains

Last edited:

Ssayerr

Oct 23, 2015
Was just trying that, what configuration did you use? And one other question; is it possible to get face unlock working?

Edit: Never mind I've got no more isues with SafetyNet. Only the face unlock question remains
I haven't experimented at all with Face Unlock, so I can't help you with that one. I believe I've heard it's doable, though.

Reactions: kistigun

xdabushrang3r

Feb 14, 2016
OnePlus 7T
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Actually, that won't work, since you require root to be able to install it to the inactive partition. At this point, you need to fresh-install Magisk: Extract boot.img from the current release, use Magisk to patch it, boot from the patched image, and install Magisk directly. Once you've done that, you'll be able to go back to patching the inactive partition after OTA updates.
Oh, of course. Thank you sir! Will do.

Reactions: Ssayerr

tereschenko1980

Oct 11, 2021
Привет. если ставить эту прошивку на hd1907 с сим блокировкой. блокировка сим останется

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, for anyone who is interested in installing magisk and is finding it difficult to extract the boot.img, no worries, you can download the latest magisk patched boot images from this thread, ill be uploading the latest magisk boot images weekly for every new release of lineageOS 18.1 hotdogb.
    There are three commands. Please tell what is fastbootD mode? and what are other commands according to installation of ROM or installing a firmware?
    1) Is it volume+ and volume- and power simultaneously
    2) fastboot reboot fastboot, or
    3) fastboot reboot bootloader
    or any other combination.
    • Boot up LineageOS recovery
    • Go to “Advanced” -> “Enter fastboot” ... It's the FASTBOOTD mode.
    Got the same, but with using f.lux instead of built-in Night Light

@LuK1337

After reading various comments, I am about to flash Lineage OS,
    but before installing I want to know
    1) After installing the ROM as per official Lineage OS instructions on official web site,
    before booting; do I need to change the slot from fastboot command?
    and repeating the full procedure on other slot.
    If no need to change the slot, it does mean that I don't need to do anything, the next update will automatically install on other slot. and then next to previous and so on.

2) If I flash Lineage OS on both slots at the time of fresh install, will there be any problem for my device?
    You will have no problem (OTA update, etc.) if you follow the official instructions very carefully.

Don't forget to update your firmware if needed.
    Almost there (nearly). I managed to get the latest stock ROM and extracted the contents using payload dumper Go. i copied the files to the same location that i have adb and fastboot and i rebooted to recovery,,,

View attachment 5461411

Oh! ahh... almost there.
    1. Are you in fastbootd mode via LOS recovery?
    2. What fastboot version are you using? The lastest for Windows ?
    3. Do you update LOS recovery when you update your build ?
    About latest firmware:
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    For those unhappy about the camera app situation I've found that the stock Oneplus camera app can be installed and used with a few caveats. This was tested on the May 30th LOS build, below I list a few notes to keep in mind for anyone interested:
    1. In my limited testing, APKs with version number 3.X.X are the newest ones that can be installed and actually work. Specifically 3.8.116 is the most stable I've found. The apk can be download here (APKMirror link).
    2. The app will always crash upon normal launch. In order to use it you must long press on the app icon and select one of the popup shortcuts (Pro, Take a video, Selfie, or Portrait). Launching from any of these shortcuts the camera app will work and so far I believe all the camera features work.
    3. There might be occasional crashes mostly due to switching between camera modes too much (Most notable on other 3.X.X versions).
    4. In Photo mode (not Pro mode) the aspect ratio button works only on 4:3 and 1:1, switching to fullscreen will render photo mode unusable as the app will crash upon switching to it. Other modes will still function as normal and Pro mode can use fullscreen aspect ratio without issues. If you accidentally switched to fullscreen aspect ratio in photo mode then it can be fixed by clearing the app data.
    5. The gallery button does not work, likely due to the missing oneplus gallery apk. Probably it will work with it installed but I haven't tested that yet.
    6. Systemlessly installing the app to the system folder does not improve anything. So installing the apk as any other normal sideloaded app is probably the best option.
    I'm not sure if the rom can be tweaked to prevent the normal launch crash. Though I'm not expecting anything from the dev about this. The app works without much issue and I'm trying to workaround the launch issue with tasker. Hopefully I'm succesful with it.
    Latest August 1st Update seems to have screwed up the fingerprint unlock.

Re-scanning the fingerprint works, but the issue is unlocking the phone with the fingerprint.

It almost always says "Not recognized".

This was not an issue before this update.

LuK1337 thankyou so much​

Finally, thank you luk