• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][hotdogb][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

Eric_Lev

Jan 27, 2019
Angers
androidfilehost.com
Almost there (nearly). I managed to get the latest stock ROM and extracted the contents using payload dumper Go. i copied the files to the same location that i have adb and fastboot and i rebooted to recovery,,,

View attachment 5461411

Oh! ahh... almost there.
  1. Are you in fastbootd mode via LOS recovery?
  2. What fastboot version are you using? The lastest for Windows ?
  3. Do you update LOS recovery when you update your build ?
About latest firmware:

Last edited:
Reactions: sandeep_kumar

sandeep_kumar

Feb 21, 2017
Indore
About latest firmware:
There are three commands. Please tell what is fastbootD mode? and what are other commands according to installation of ROM or installing a firmware?
1) Is it volume+ and volume- and power simultaneously
2) fastboot reboot fastboot, or
3) fastboot reboot bootloader
or any other combination.

Eric_Lev

Jan 27, 2019
Angers
androidfilehost.com
There are three commands. Please tell what is fastbootD mode? and what are other commands according to installation of ROM or installing a firmware?
1) Is it volume+ and volume- and power simultaneously
2) fastboot reboot fastboot, or
3) fastboot reboot bootloader
or any other combination.
  • Boot up LineageOS recovery
  • Go to “Advanced” -> “Enter fastboot” ... It's the FASTBOOTD mode.

Nov 11, 2021
About latest firmware:
I'm happy to say, I now have a working phone!
(the dialer was buggy after installing the custom ROM, the fault due to T Mobile firemare)
My working phone is now a oneplus 7T, Lineage 18.2-20211107-NIGHTLY

I believe it was my fastboot version that caused me issues (as suggested), though im not sure. I ended up killing fastboot and resetting it up from scratch. it then worked fine!
Some of my issues were newbie errors yet the help and support from here has been outstanding!
The fix was the firmware update :)

Reactions: Eric_Lev

Eric_Lev

Jan 27, 2019
Angers
androidfilehost.com
I'm happy to say, I now have a working phone!
(the dialer was buggy after installing the custom ROM, the fault due to T Mobile firemare)
My working phone is now a oneplus 7T, Lineage 18.2-20211107-NIGHTLY

I believe it was my fastboot version that caused me issues (as suggested), though im not sure. I ended up killing fastboot and resetting it up from scratch. it then worked fine!
Some of my issues were newbie errors yet the help and support from here has been outstanding!
The fix was the firmware update :)
Great !

18.2-20211114-NIGHTLY-hotdogb is available ... check it via OTA updater (i.e. Settings > System > Advanced > Updater)

Please, could you confirm (or not) the FOD bug ?
See this post: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-lineageos-18-1.4270931/page-24#post-85951483

Reactions: virtualprimate

cougarblue

Oct 11, 2021
LineageOS
OnePlus 6T
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
Downloads :
Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version: 18.1
LineageOS Download url: lineageos.org
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe: yes
restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
LineageOS 18.1-20211114-nightly-hotdogb-signed.zip
www.lineageos.org
After installing LineageOS Dual-Sim is not functional. Original Version of OP7T is Global (international), in which the dual-sim is operational.
I am not running any additional apps or modifications of kernel or system, just the bare LineageOS.
Does work with single sim, just not dual-sim.
Thanks

hale7877

Nov 14, 2021
Thank you!

Anyone having issues with Waze ? everything else seems to work perfectly. Clean Lineage, nothing else installed.

BcnbvCx.png

First off thank you for the work on this. It is stable and a very good daily driver. I ran into the GPS issue after flashing the Lineage-18.1-20211114-nightly-hodogb-signed.zip. I purchased my OP 7T off of ebay this week so it was my first install of this rom. The Google apps had GPS but other apps such as Waitr did not. To resolve this issue I booted back into recovery and did a factory reset. The factory reset in my case fixed GPS and a couple of other issues with the sim. Hope this is helpful. Have a good one. Thanks.

Last edited:

hale7877

Nov 14, 2021
I tried that and had some problems with wifi and system UI crashing.

If anyone else has problems I rooted successfully using this tool:

And manually choosing twrp-3-5-2_10-hotdog.img (you can find it online by searching).
I didn't know this tool existed. Thanks for posting. I used the patched boot method. Here If you have issues afterwards just factory reset and reinstall magisk after the phone boots back up

tuntun2526

May 28, 2015
Hello guys, can I flash this rom from a stock oos 10 or do I need to upgrade to oos11 before I can flash it?

Eric_Lev

Jan 27, 2019
Angers
androidfilehost.com
Hello guys, can I flash this rom from a stock oos 10 or do I need to upgrade to oos11 before I can flash it?
Warning: Before following these instructions please ensure that the device is on the latest Android 11 firmware.

Source:

FYI:

About OpenGapps:
Open GApps is a rolling-release solution, meaning it is perpetually changing, and not guaranteed to be fully functional.
==> https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...android-all-android-versions-devices.3098071/

Attachments

• OP7T-GCam-7.4-el.xml
    23.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

tuntun2526

May 28, 2015
Warning: Before following these instructions please ensure that the device is on the latest Android 11 firmware.

Source:

FYI:

About OpenGapps:
Open GApps is a rolling-release solution, meaning it is perpetually changing, and not guaranteed to be fully functional.
==> https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...android-all-android-versions-devices.3098071/
Ok thanks.

hale7877

Nov 14, 2021
I have a problem, if I unlock the phone the brightness is often at 100%. Is there a solution for it?
Try enabling developer options > Quick settings developer tiles > switch on (Sensors off) > then toggle the Sensors off tile off and on a few times from the notification drop down. It worked for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not being able to revert back to OxygenOS after flashing lineageOS. After I flash the stock flashboot rom it went into bootloop. Anyone facing the same?
    Just grab one of the unbrick toolkits, and then do an OTA update.
    Just grab one of the unbrick toolkits, and then do an OTA update.
    Thank you man! Worked :)
    Unlocked my bootloader and installed lineage os and my experience so far has been very positive. Rom is smooth and battery backup is better than Oxygen OS.
    Installed magisk , changed fonts, installed gcam and changed device fingerprint. Everything works fine. Thanks team. Cheers. Happy New Year to everyone.
    About updating firmware on hotdogb:
    If needed, you can download the required files for updating your firmware here (unzip and follow the official instructions ... use LOS recovery in fastbootD mode)

Thanks for the firmware files @Eric_Lev
    Much appreciated 👌
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Hey guys, for anyone who is interested in installing magisk and is finding it difficult to extract the boot.img, no worries, you can download the latest magisk patched boot images from this thread, ill be uploading the latest magisk boot images weekly for every new release of lineageOS 18.1 hotdogb.
    For those unhappy about the camera app situation I've found that the stock Oneplus camera app can be installed and used with a few caveats. This was tested on the May 30th LOS build, below I list a few notes to keep in mind for anyone interested:
    1. In my limited testing, APKs with version number 3.X.X are the newest ones that can be installed and actually work. Specifically 3.8.116 is the most stable I've found. The apk can be download here (APKMirror link).
    2. The app will always crash upon normal launch. In order to use it you must long press on the app icon and select one of the popup shortcuts (Pro, Take a video, Selfie, or Portrait). Launching from any of these shortcuts the camera app will work and so far I believe all the camera features work.
    3. There might be occasional crashes mostly due to switching between camera modes too much (Most notable on other 3.X.X versions).
    4. In Photo mode (not Pro mode) the aspect ratio button works only on 4:3 and 1:1, switching to fullscreen will render photo mode unusable as the app will crash upon switching to it. Other modes will still function as normal and Pro mode can use fullscreen aspect ratio without issues. If you accidentally switched to fullscreen aspect ratio in photo mode then it can be fixed by clearing the app data.
    5. The gallery button does not work, likely due to the missing oneplus gallery apk. Probably it will work with it installed but I haven't tested that yet.
    6. Systemlessly installing the app to the system folder does not improve anything. So installing the apk as any other normal sideloaded app is probably the best option.
    I'm not sure if the rom can be tweaked to prevent the normal launch crash. Though I'm not expecting anything from the dev about this. The app works without much issue and I'm trying to workaround the launch issue with tasker. Hopefully I'm succesful with it.
    Finally, thank you luk
    Latest August 1st Update seems to have screwed up the fingerprint unlock.

Re-scanning the fingerprint works, but the issue is unlocking the phone with the fingerprint.

It almost always says "Not recognized".

This was not an issue before this update.