[ROM][OFFICIAL][hotdogb][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

NoSauce

Feb 14, 2013
Actually, that won't work, since you require root to be able to install it to the inactive partition. At this point, you need to fresh-install Magisk: Extract boot.img from the current release, use Magisk to patch it, boot from the patched image, and install Magisk directly. Once you've done that, you'll be able to go back to patching the inactive partition after OTA updates.
by boot.img from "current release" do you mean...

1) the latest OOS firmware we installed before installing LOS?

OR

3) the boot.img from the LOS zip file?

Thank you!

Orion9k0

Oct 30, 2015
I've been having issues with a bug on this ROM and using a VPN. After a while of being on the VPN (8+ hours), after I disconnect from the VPN the phone will not be able to reconnect to the VPN client not matter what; It will keep trying to reconnect indefinitely...no matter using OpenVPN, Wireguard, which client etc.

The issue can be 'resolved' by turning the VPN off, then briefly turning on Airplane mode... After disabling Airplane mode the VPN will work again.

ewong3

May 28, 2015
can't push LOS update from windows...
can someone help on this - the instructions to update from pc only works for linux/mac:

is there an easy way to do the same from windows?
alternatively can the LOS update menu add a choice so we can pick downloaded zips for update?

thanks in advance...

xdabushrang3r

Feb 14, 2016
OnePlus 7T
Redmi Note 8 Pro
can't push LOS update from windows...
can someone help on this - the instructions to update from pc only works for linux/mac:

is there an easy way to do the same from windows?
alternatively can the LOS update menu add a choice so we can pick downloaded zips for update?

thanks in advance...
Just in case you didn't know, you can get zips here.

hale7877

Nov 14, 2021
Just wanted to let anyone new know this rom is stable and easy to install. A new nightly just dropped. Also you can get patched boot images here Magisk patched boot images for root if you're unfamiliar with creating these. The WIKI on this rom installation is top notch. I use the pico verson of open gapps and have zero issues. Make double sure after flashing the rom you do a factory reset BEFORE setting it up. When flashing the rom for the first time give it a good 10 - 20 minutes to finish. I found myself getting impatient thinking it was locking up and kept restarting but if you just let it go it will finish.

wizardknight

Nov 1, 2009
Seattle WA
Can anyone tell me how to change the number of volume steps in this rom?
The default seems to be 5, but I would like to get it to 15 or 20.

I tried adding ro.config.vc_call_vol_steps=15 to default.prop and build.prop but there was no change with either edit.

Update:
Leaving this here in case someone else needs help. This magisk module changed the settings.

Last edited:

NoSauce

Feb 14, 2013
As long as you install Magisk to the new partition after installing an OTA update, the modules should carry along and continue functioning without any problems. I haven't had to do anything except update the module once or twice since setting it up.
So install OTA update. Reboot into bootloader. Flash magisk boot.img. Reboot into system?

Do I need to somehow keep track of if I'm in A or B?

[edit] I see there's a way to update Magisk via the app but I would like to know how to do it manually after updating LOS (as I asked above). The app method is described here : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-official-hotdogb-11-lineageos-18-1.4270931/post-85223661

Last edited:

NoSauce

Feb 14, 2013
lastest version of sdcardfs dont usw oos or fbev2do

lastest version of sdcardfs dont usw oos or fbev2
1. Do I need to somehow flash twrp in both slots?

2. Is it possible to switch back to Lineage Recovery? I was having issues with the official twrp not decrypting.

3. If I run twrp without flashing it in my device Can I still use all the functions of twrp including backup/restore and installing zips?

Ssayerr

Oct 23, 2015
So install OTA update. Reboot into bootloader. Flash magisk boot.img. Reboot into system?

Do I need to somehow keep track of if I'm in A or B?

[edit] I see there's a way to update Magisk via the app but I would like to know how to do it manually after updating LOS (as I asked above). The app method is described here : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-official-hotdogb-11-lineageos-18-1.4270931/post-85223661
If you want to install Magisk without using the app after upgrade, it'll be the same process as if you are performing a fresh install, since boot images can change week-to-week:
  • Extract boot.img from zip file
  • Use Magisk on your phone to patch the file
  • Boot to bootloader, run "fastboot boot boot.img" to boot from but not replace your current boot image
  • Open Magisk, select Install > Direct Install
Since the only thing you're changing with this is booting from a temporary image instead of flashing the new image from the old image, it's not really worth the effort unless you have a specific case for it.

As far as whether you're on A or B, that's really only useful if something fails and you have to manually swap back to the old one. Magisk knows to flash the non-active partition, and if you're doing the manual method you want to flash the active one, which is automatically selected.

Reactions: NoSauce

hale7877

Nov 14, 2021
If you want to install Magisk without using the app after upgrade, it'll be the same process as if you are performing a fresh install, since boot images can change week-to-week:
  • Extract boot.img from zip file
  • Use Magisk on your phone to patch the file
  • Boot to bootloader, run "fastboot boot boot.img" to boot from but not replace your current boot image
  • Open Magisk, select Install > Direct Install
Since the only thing you're changing with this is booting from a temporary image instead of flashing the new image from the old image, it's not really worth the effort unless you have a specific case for it.

As far as whether you're on A or B, that's really only useful if something fails and you have to manually swap back to the old one. Magisk knows to flash the non-active partition, and if you're doing the manual method you want to flash the active one, which is automatically selected.
When I update to a new nightly. I use the Lineage updater OTA, let it download and flash.
Then I use windows to flash the new recovery image.
Last I use Windows to ADB Sideload the boot image from here (( Magisk Patched boot images Click here. )) I could make a patched boot image but I'm too lazy and its just easier to use this one. I've never had an issue with these.
You shouldn't need to reinstall the magisk app or the modules. Only problem I've ever had was after flashing the OTA my Magisk modules were turned off but I just had to flip the switch on each module to turn them back on. Be sure to flash the Magisk boot image before turning the modules back on because the Magisk patched boot image is what give you root access. You wont have root until the boot image is patched.

Also I always flash a new version of Open Gapps using ADB sideload after the boot image.

Patching the boot image with Magisk gives you root access. After you run the OTA you'll loose root until you either install a patched boot image by using the link above or creating it yourself.

Does anybody need me to upload a step by step video on manually creating aMagisk patched boot image with Windows or Linux?

xdabushrang3r

Feb 14, 2016
OnePlus 7T
Redmi Note 8 Pro
After you run the OTA you'll loose root until you either install a patched boot image by using the link above or creating it yourself.
You don't need to do this.
After you update via OTA and before you reboot, just open Magisk and tap install, then install to the inactive slot, then when you reboot, you'll still have Magisk. No need to reinstall Magisk by patching a boot.img again.

wizardknight

Nov 1, 2009
Seattle WA
Is there a a file that can be edited to lower the minimum volume during calls?
I have my in call volume set to the lowest possible level, but on some calls you would think that the speakerphone turned on. I can hold my phone away from my head and hear everything that is being said just fine because of how loud it is.

I have tried increasing then number of volume steps, but the lowest volume level remains the same.

You don't need to do this.
After you update via OTA and before you reboot, just open Magisk and tap install, then install to the inactive slot, then when you reboot, you'll still have Magisk. No need to reinstall Magisk by patching a boot.img again.
I personally do this every time when i update. In Most cases this works fine. But it happened 2 times already where Magisk lost root after doing the Lineage upgrade before rebooting.

Today Magisk said, that it has lost root and have to be reinstalled. After doing this, it showed, that just the app is installed so i prepared everything to root the boot.img again. But after rebooting the phone in the new slot for this, magisk got root access again, and i precautionary told Magisk to install directly in the same slot again and it worked. Now everything is as before, but my Antivirus program alerted because of changed firmware.

Did anyone experienced similar irregularities?

Eric_Lev

Jan 27, 2019
Angers
androidfilehost.com
FYI ... firmware 11.0.5.1:

Baseband version (the same as fw 11.0.4.1):
1.1-00007-SM8150_GEN_PACK-2.387049.1.399262.2

About updating firmware on hotdogb:
If needed, you can download the required files for updating your firmware here (unzip and follow the official instructions ... use LOS recovery in fastbootD mode)

Thks @LuK1337 !

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211226-101049_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20211226-101049_Settings.png
    159.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @LuK1337
    hey buddy i know its a bad question but i will ask ;)

what time you think you will release los 19?

1. next weeks
    2. wait for oos12
    3. i dont have any plans next time
    4. i dont know now

thanks you very much for your time. br
    Yes, that is indeed a bad question.
    I see there's a build for lineage 19 for the 7t, has someone tried it?
    Built for myself (LOS 19.1 for OP7T), I use it as daily driver ... No major issue so far.
    Thanks @LuK1337
    @LuK1337

1. next weeks
    2. wait for oos12
    4. i dont know now

any plan for lineages 19.1 official rom?

⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩ Read the thread ⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩

@LuK1337

1. next weeks
    2. wait for oos12
    4. i dont know now

Yes, that is indeed a bad question.
    The latest file for this unofficial build does not seem to have Gapps included...If I want to try this, how can I install Gapps with this because Gapps are not yet available for Android 12. Please reply.

mindthegapps
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Hey guys, for anyone who is interested in installing magisk and is finding it difficult to extract the boot.img, no worries, you can download the latest magisk patched boot images from this thread, ill be uploading the latest magisk boot images weekly for every new release of lineageOS 18.1 hotdogb.
    For those unhappy about the camera app situation I've found that the stock Oneplus camera app can be installed and used with a few caveats. This was tested on the May 30th LOS build, below I list a few notes to keep in mind for anyone interested:
    1. In my limited testing, APKs with version number 3.X.X are the newest ones that can be installed and actually work. Specifically 3.8.116 is the most stable I've found. The apk can be download here (APKMirror link).
    2. The app will always crash upon normal launch. In order to use it you must long press on the app icon and select one of the popup shortcuts (Pro, Take a video, Selfie, or Portrait). Launching from any of these shortcuts the camera app will work and so far I believe all the camera features work.
    3. There might be occasional crashes mostly due to switching between camera modes too much (Most notable on other 3.X.X versions).
    4. In Photo mode (not Pro mode) the aspect ratio button works only on 4:3 and 1:1, switching to fullscreen will render photo mode unusable as the app will crash upon switching to it. Other modes will still function as normal and Pro mode can use fullscreen aspect ratio without issues. If you accidentally switched to fullscreen aspect ratio in photo mode then it can be fixed by clearing the app data.
    5. The gallery button does not work, likely due to the missing oneplus gallery apk. Probably it will work with it installed but I haven't tested that yet.
    6. Systemlessly installing the app to the system folder does not improve anything. So installing the apk as any other normal sideloaded app is probably the best option.
    I'm not sure if the rom can be tweaked to prevent the normal launch crash. Though I'm not expecting anything from the dev about this. The app works without much issue and I'm trying to workaround the launch issue with tasker. Hopefully I'm succesful with it.
    Finally, thank you luk
    Latest August 1st Update seems to have screwed up the fingerprint unlock.

Re-scanning the fingerprint works, but the issue is unlocking the phone with the fingerprint.

It almost always says "Not recognized".

This was not an issue before this update.