[ROM][OFFICIAL][hotdogb][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread
FYI ... firmware 11.0.5.1:

Baseband version (the same as fw 11.0.4.1):
1.1-00007-SM8150_GEN_PACK-2.387049.1.399262.2

About updating firmware on hotdogb:
If needed, you can download the required files for updating your firmware here (unzip and follow the official instructions ... use LOS recovery in fastbootD mode)

Thks @LuK1337 !
I have the EU version (1903) of the phone and therefor downloaded the corresponding update file from oxygen updater app.
But in the one link of the replied post the update file for the other phone version (as far as i know 1905) is mentioned. Could this be a problem or doesn't it matter?

So can i flash the files from the EU version?

BTW:
Merry Christmas to all of you! 🎄

Eric_Lev

Jan 27, 2019
Angers
sourceforge.net
I have the EU version (1903) of the phone and therefor downloaded the corresponding update file from oxygen updater app.
But in the one link of the replied post the update file for the other phone version (as far as i know 1905) is mentioned. Could this be a problem or doesn't it matter?

So can i flash the files from the EU version?

BTW:
Merry Christmas to all of you! 🎄
Yes you can.
Merry Christmas.

xdabushrang3r

Feb 14, 2016
LG G6
OnePlus 7T
Hi folks.
Loving this rom. It's flawless 🤩✨
Just a question about recovery. I know Lineage recovery is recommended, but is TWRP, or its derivatives, possible? Or is it a hard "No"?
If no, what is/are the reason(s)?

Pip513

Mar 3, 2012
Had issues with dual sim, so posting for others.

Dual sim fix:

Insert this line on your build.prop

persist.radio.multisim=dsds

My device:
T-Mobile 1907 flashed to international and 12/26 nightly. Working perfectly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211230-003353_FX~2.png
    Screenshot_20211230-003353_FX~2.png
    70.2 KB · Views: 96
  • Screenshot_20211230-003425_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20211230-003425_Settings.png
    99.1 KB · Views: 96
  • Screenshot_20211230-003407_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20211230-003407_Settings.png
    42.2 KB · Views: 96

vicky2131

Unlocked my bootloader and installed lineage os and my experience so far has been very positive. Rom is smooth and battery backup is better than Oxygen OS.
Installed magisk , changed fonts, installed gcam and changed device fingerprint. Everything works fine. Thanks team. Cheers. Happy New Year to everyone.

Reactions: xdabushrang3r

ywlke

Jul 24, 2013
Big kudos to @LuK1337, finally jumped ship from OOS11 after an update make the screen randomly black out especially during videos. Very smooth and the other issues I was tolerating with OOS11 are gone too! I noticed though that the haptic feedback seems to be very different. On OOS10+11 there was a certain crispness to it and I vaguely remember there being a setting to adjust the strength of the haptics too. On LOS18.1 it seems the haptics are on much stronger and longer by default. Is there a way to adjust it either through the UI or by setprop etc? Also the gesture shortcuts (writing a symbol while the screen is off to change media or turn on flashlight etc) don't seem to be working. Is this a known issue? I'm on the 20220102 nightly.

iruiz2

Jun 23, 2011
Hi everyone. I have been away from xda for a time now... Could you help me with 2 questions a this rom?

1. Does camera app work well with all cameras of the phone? (compared to OOS)
2. IS it possible to back up rom with any current recovery?

Thank you

xdabushrang3r

Feb 14, 2016
LG G6
OnePlus 7T
Reactions: necrx7 and Eric_Lev

ywlke

Jul 24, 2013
Big kudos to @LuK1337, finally jumped ship from OOS11 after an update make the screen randomly black out especially during videos. Very smooth and the other issues I was tolerating with OOS11 are gone too! I noticed though that the haptic feedback seems to be very different. On OOS10+11 there was a certain crispness to it and I vaguely remember there being a setting to adjust the strength of the haptics too. On LOS18.1 it seems the haptics are on much stronger and longer by default. Is there a way to adjust it either through the UI or by setprop etc? Also the gesture shortcuts (writing a symbol while the screen is off to change media or turn on flashlight etc) don't seem to be working. Is this a known issue? I'm on the 20220102 nightly.
I got the screen off gestures to work by toggling the settings on and off several times. It was the strangest thing, I briefly had some gestures working (the ones I had disabled when on OOS) but not others (the ones I did use on OOS). I wonder if the firmware still had the old triggers leftover from OOS which needed to be cleared out first.

asad0x01

Oct 29, 2017
Dhaka
Not being able to revert back to OxygenOS after flashing lineageOS. After I flash the stock fastboot rom it went into bootloop. Anyone facing the same?

Last edited:

cougarblue

Oct 11, 2021
LineageOS
OnePlus 6T
Not sure what was there to locate. Just run "set prop persist.radio.multisim dsds" as root in Android, not recovery.
On OP7T / LineageOS .. What I did was modify build.prop and inserted the following: persist.radio.multisim=dsds; persist.radio.multisim.config=dsds & persist.vendor.radio.multisim_switch_support=true.
I tried using set prop but noticed that it was only temporary, so I went with build.prop.
Inserting only "persist.radio.multisim dsds" didn't show up as a dual sim phone and I wasn't able to enable DSDS.

Reactions: rampitec

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
On OP7T / LineageOS .. What I did was modify build.prop and inserted the following: persist.radio.multisim=dsds; persist.radio.multisim.config=dsds & persist.vendor.radio.multisim_switch_support=true.
I tried using set prop but noticed that it was only temporary, so I went with build.prop.
Inserting only "persist.radio.multisim dsds" didn't show up as a dual sim phone and I wasn't able to enable DSDS.
You sure you were using setprop, rather than resetprop?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Hey guys, for anyone who is interested in installing magisk and is finding it difficult to extract the boot.img, no worries, you can download the latest magisk patched boot images from this thread, ill be uploading the latest magisk boot images weekly for every new release of lineageOS 18.1 hotdogb.
    For those unhappy about the camera app situation I've found that the stock Oneplus camera app can be installed and used with a few caveats. This was tested on the May 30th LOS build, below I list a few notes to keep in mind for anyone interested:
    1. In my limited testing, APKs with version number 3.X.X are the newest ones that can be installed and actually work. Specifically 3.8.116 is the most stable I've found. The apk can be download here (APKMirror link).
    2. The app will always crash upon normal launch. In order to use it you must long press on the app icon and select one of the popup shortcuts (Pro, Take a video, Selfie, or Portrait). Launching from any of these shortcuts the camera app will work and so far I believe all the camera features work.
    3. There might be occasional crashes mostly due to switching between camera modes too much (Most notable on other 3.X.X versions).
    4. In Photo mode (not Pro mode) the aspect ratio button works only on 4:3 and 1:1, switching to fullscreen will render photo mode unusable as the app will crash upon switching to it. Other modes will still function as normal and Pro mode can use fullscreen aspect ratio without issues. If you accidentally switched to fullscreen aspect ratio in photo mode then it can be fixed by clearing the app data.
    5. The gallery button does not work, likely due to the missing oneplus gallery apk. Probably it will work with it installed but I haven't tested that yet.
    6. Systemlessly installing the app to the system folder does not improve anything. So installing the apk as any other normal sideloaded app is probably the best option.
    I'm not sure if the rom can be tweaked to prevent the normal launch crash. Though I'm not expecting anything from the dev about this. The app works without much issue and I'm trying to workaround the launch issue with tasker. Hopefully I'm succesful with it.
    Finally, thank you luk
    Latest August 1st Update seems to have screwed up the fingerprint unlock.

Re-scanning the fingerprint works, but the issue is unlocking the phone with the fingerprint.

It almost always says "Not recognized".

This was not an issue before this update.