[ROM][OFFICIAL][hotdogb][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

js-xda

Aug 20, 2018
I believe they're asking if they will have access to the normal, telephoto, and wide angle camera modes in lineage using open camera. Correct?

Yes, exactly that is my question.

Unfortunately, I hadn't gotten a straight answer on this one (out-of-the-box access to normal, telephoto, and wide angle cameras). Just in case someone else is wondering: No. The answer of @lobotomize provided me the right search terms and I found below solution requiring root.

For anyone lineage w/o the google, there is a gcam with working lenses (wide/normal/telephoto) with root. Assuming you're on this rom:

1. Get the "Gcam Services Provider" here to enable gcam without google:

2. Get the 7.3 Gcam, and also the xml by Wichaya here:
(7.3 as the link in #1 needs an older version)

3. Flash the Magisk fixes @ #2 page. There are 2 fixes. Wasn't sure but I flashed them both in magisk.

4. Open gcam, double-tap near the take-photo button, and load the xml you downloaded in step 2.

I just did this tonight. Have not played around with photography, but at least we get all the lenses on the 7T for those of us without gapps ! :) Works on this fantastic ROM !!!
I decided for myself to stay with Stock ROM for now as it will still receive updates for 1,5 years and is not the worst regarding GUI and so on.

vicky2131

How did I not know about this?

I use lineage os for its stability and battery life. I never needed magisk except for safetynet passing. But magisk used to be unstable or either kept the CPU high thereby making the phone hotter. So I started using lineage os without magisk but I had to miss out on my banking apps and mparivahan app(an app used in India for digital driving licence and car registration).
Did anyone else know about this?
I am going to try this in a week or two since I am out of station and need to rely on my phone. Someone out here ready to try and report if possible?

Screenshot_20220408-022753.jpg

Last edited:

mikefnz

Jan 30, 2008
Christchurch
OnePlus 7T
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
How did I ever know about this?

I use lineage os for its stability and battery life. I never needed magisk except for safetynet passing. But magisk used to be unstable or either kept the CPU high thereby making the phone hotter. So I started using lineage os without magisk but I had to miss out on my banking apps and mparivahan app(an app used in India for digital driving licence and car registration).
I am going to try this in a week or two since I am out of station and need to rely on my phone. Someone out here ready to try and report if possible?

I installed for the first time about a week ago. I flashed Magisk during the initial setup using the standard instructions. Everything is working well. Following the various guides & using the appropriate Magisk modules - passes SafetyNet and Google Pay works :)

borisSweden

May 10, 2021
OnePlus 7T
How did I not know about this?

View attachment 5582203
Still no Gapps spoof? Its still the most important fix we need since Pie.

vicky2131

I tested out the "ih8sn" and play store is certified with Basic integrity & CTS profile match passes. Thanks @LuK1337 for the wonderful under rated script. It is very helpful for people like me who do not use magisk but need apps from the play store.

But the stuttering lag at 60hz refresh rate is still present(across all screens). Please do take a look into this issue if possible. I can help if you need any logs or testing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220409-132940_Yet_Another_SafetyNet_Attestation_Checker.png
    Screenshot_20220409-132940_Yet_Another_SafetyNet_Attestation_Checker.png
    166.8 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

hale7877

Nov 14, 2021
Check out this Magisk module I just found. Clear lineage. Just flash with magisk and it makes the ui transparent.

Reactions: vicky2131

Eric_Lev

Jan 27, 2019
Angers
androidfilehost.com
FYI ... firmware 11.0.7.1:

Baseband version (the same as fw 11.0.6.1):
1.1-00007-SM8150_GEN_PACK-2.387049.1.399262.2

About updating firmware on hotdogb:
If needed, you can download the required files for updating your firmware here (unzip and follow the official instructions ... use LOS recovery in fastbootD mode)

Shimshonbd

Jul 24, 2018
Need help
I tested out the "ih8sn" and play store is certified with Basic integrity & CTS profile match passes. Thanks @LuK1337 for the wonderful under rated script. It is very helpful for people like me who do not use magisk but need apps from the play store.

But the stuttering lag at 60hz refresh rate is still present(across all screens). Please do take a look into this issue if possible. I can help if you need any logs or testing.
Can you please help. I tried installing it but failed. If you could tell me the process. Thank you

borisSweden

May 10, 2021
OnePlus 7T
FYI ... firmware 11.0.7.1:

Baseband version (the same as fw 11.0.6.1):

If needed, you can download the required files for updating your firmware here (unzip and follow the official instructions ... use LOS recovery in fastbootD mode)
So LOS doesn't update the baseband?

vicky2131

So LOS doesn't update the baseband?

LOS auto updates these baseband. But you can flash the above latest baseband even before LOS integrates them(if you want to).
Need help

Can you please help. I tried installing it but failed. If you could tell me the process. Thank you

If you're on windows:
(Prereq: You need ADB installed on your machine and know how to use it

Download the release file's zip, currently labelled as "latest" and extract it to a folder you can access (possibly your Downloads folder).
Go to that folder, and right click on ih8sn.conf, and click "Open With" and select Notepad
Edit the configuration(attaching conf file contents for Oneplus 7T with this post, check below) with your desired results for your device and click save

Method 1: Run "push" windows power shell script file via windows power shell

else
Now you're ready to push the results. However, the push.sh is for linux, so right click on that file and open with notepad.
Now you can see the following, this is what you're going to type into your command prompt:
Method 2: (manually running the script)

adb wait-for-device root
adb wait-for-device remount
adb wait-for-device push 60-ih8sn.sh /system/addon.d/
adb wait-for-device push ih8sn /system/bin/
adb wait-for-device push ih8sn.rc /system/etc/init/
adb wait-for-device push ih8sn.conf /system/etc/

This calls adb root which requires ADB Root in the developer options on your phone (not providing details on that)
Then it remounts the system (if you have issues, review the other issues)
It then pushes the files from your local directory to their respective folders.

You're doing some pretty "advance" things and thats why this is not beginner-friendly and no one but yourself is responsible if anything goes wrong.

I'd recommend you NOT do this and instead wait for proper documentation.
Note: All credits to LUK and the person who had made this guide on github.

Conf file contents: (copy paste exactly everything below this into conf file and save)

BUILD_FINGERPRINT=OnePlus/OnePlus7T/OnePlus7T:11/RKQ1.201022.002/2110211506:user/release-keys
BUILD_DESCRIPTION=OnePlus7T-user 11 RKQ1.201022.002 2110211506 release-keys
BUILD_SECURITY_PATCH_DATE=2021-10-01
BUILD_TAGS=release-keys
BUILD_TYPE=user
BUILD_VERSION_RELEASE=11
DEBUGGABLE=0
MANUFACTURER_NAME=OnePlus
PRODUCT_NAME=OnePlus7T

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Shimshonbd

xdabushrang3r

Feb 14, 2016
OnePlus 7T
Redmi Note 8 Pro

Shimshonbd

Jul 24, 2018
LOS auto updates these baseband. But you can flash the above latest baseband even before LOS integrates them(if you want to).

If you're on windows:
(Prereq: You need ADB installed on your machine and know how to use it)

Download the release file's zip, currently labelled as "latest" and extract it to a folder you can access (possibly your Downloads folder).
Go to that folder, and right click on ih8sn.conf, and click "Open With" and select Notepad
Edit the configuration with your desired results for your device and click save
Now you're ready to push the results. However, the push.sh is for linux, so right click on that file and open with notepad.
Now you can see the following, this is what you're going to type into your command prompt:

adb wait-for-device root
adb wait-for-device remount
adb wait-for-device push 60-ih8sn.sh /system/addon.d/
adb wait-for-device push ih8sn /system/bin/
adb wait-for-device push ih8sn.rc /system/etc/init/
adb wait-for-device push ih8sn.conf /system/etc/

This calls adb root which requires ADB Root in the developer options on your phone (not providing details on that)
Then it remounts the system (if you have issues, review the other issues)
It then pushes the files from your local directory to their respective folders.

You're doing some pretty "advance" things and thats why this is not beginner-friendly and no one but yourself is responsible if anything goes wrong.

I'd recommend you NOT do this and instead wait for proper documentation.
Note: All credits to LUK and the person who had made this guide on github.
Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FYI ... firmware 11.0.8.1:

Baseband version (the same as fw 11.0.7.1):

About Android 12:
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Hey guys, for anyone who is interested in installing magisk and is finding it difficult to extract the boot.img, no worries, you can download the latest magisk patched boot images from this thread, ill be uploading the latest magisk boot images weekly for every new release of lineageOS 18.1 hotdogb.
    For those unhappy about the camera app situation I've found that the stock Oneplus camera app can be installed and used with a few caveats. This was tested on the May 30th LOS build, below I list a few notes to keep in mind for anyone interested:
    1. In my limited testing, APKs with version number 3.X.X are the newest ones that can be installed and actually work. Specifically 3.8.116 is the most stable I've found. The apk can be download here (APKMirror link).
    2. The app will always crash upon normal launch. In order to use it you must long press on the app icon and select one of the popup shortcuts (Pro, Take a video, Selfie, or Portrait). Launching from any of these shortcuts the camera app will work and so far I believe all the camera features work.
    3. There might be occasional crashes mostly due to switching between camera modes too much (Most notable on other 3.X.X versions).
    4. In Photo mode (not Pro mode) the aspect ratio button works only on 4:3 and 1:1, switching to fullscreen will render photo mode unusable as the app will crash upon switching to it. Other modes will still function as normal and Pro mode can use fullscreen aspect ratio without issues. If you accidentally switched to fullscreen aspect ratio in photo mode then it can be fixed by clearing the app data.
    5. The gallery button does not work, likely due to the missing oneplus gallery apk. Probably it will work with it installed but I haven't tested that yet.
    6. Systemlessly installing the app to the system folder does not improve anything. So installing the apk as any other normal sideloaded app is probably the best option.
    I'm not sure if the rom can be tweaked to prevent the normal launch crash. Though I'm not expecting anything from the dev about this. The app works without much issue and I'm trying to workaround the launch issue with tasker. Hopefully I'm succesful with it.
    Finally, thank you luk
    Latest August 1st Update seems to have screwed up the fingerprint unlock.

Re-scanning the fingerprint works, but the issue is unlocking the phone with the fingerprint.

It almost always says "Not recognized".

This was not an issue before this update.