[ROM][OFFICIAL][hotdogb][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

Droid_Nut

Feb 19, 2015
Kingston NY
OnePlus 7T
Okay, so I got it installed and rooted with Magisk Canary.
Here are the stock and patched boot image files if anyone doesn't want to go through extraction. They are extracted from lineage-18.1-20210502-nightly-hotdogb-signed (y)

PM me for it, it will expire when the next update of LOS for HotdogB is released.

Last edited:

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
Okay, so I got it installed and rooted with Magisk Canary.
Here are the stock and patched boot image files if anyone doesn't want to go through extraction. They are extracted from lineage-18.1-20210502-nightly-hotdogb-signed (y)
Would prefer if you didn't share it. I can imagine people months from now trying to flash your boot.img...
Also, can't one just flash magisk in recovery...?

lil_kujo

• Oct 29, 2015
    Anyone can guide me how to use banking apps and payments app with this rom safely?? This rom doesn't passes safetynet by default bcz the policy of lineage os. Is there any way to manage all that things??
    Try using magisk hide prop and choose any fp from a11 I used de fp of oneplus 8 global also use magisk debug for root

jesrani

Mar 29, 2011
    Mumbai
    Honor 20
    OnePlus 7T
    I have OP7T HD1901 (India). I am currently on OOS 10.3.4 and rooted with Magisk. My Magisk Manager (Canary) is crashing if I am connected to the net hence I have been hesitant to do OTA update to 11.0.0.2. I may need to do clean flash so I was looking at alternative ROM. Is Lineage better than OOS? I need it for daily usage with following functions :
    1) Rooted with Magisk hide working for banking apps, most important
    2) Adaway
    3) Bluetooth tethering
    4) Able to restore apps and data from Titanium Backup
    5) Gcam if possible
    6) Device encryption is a must. No one should be able to copy data from recovery mode or any way if device is lost
    7) Gapps / Play Store should work. I use Gmail, Google Maps at least.
    I have not flashed a ROM since long time now especially as OOS did not have TWRP.
    Hope to get advice

morphvale

Sep 13, 2013
    Sibiu
    It's funny how good the fingerprint unlock works, considering this is the first release, I would almost compare it to stock OOS.

Quite easy to install with the built in recovery also. Sideload ROM, reboot recovery, sideload gapps, sideload Magisk, reboot to system and you're done.

All my banking apps work with Magisk hide and props config.

Some things I'm missing so far is double tap on screen to sleep, can't find a way to show VoLTE/VoWiFi icons although they are working, and I find the desktop icons to be quite high up, with no option to move them lower.

jesrani

Mar 29, 2011
    Mumbai
    Honor 20
    OnePlus 7T
    It's funny how good the fingerprint unlock works, considering this is the first release, I would almost compare it to stock OOS.

Quite easy to install with the built in recovery also. Sideload ROM, reboot recovery, sideload gapps, sideload Magisk, reboot to system and you're done.

All my banking apps work with Magisk hide and props config.

Some things I'm missing so far is double tap on screen to sleep, can't find a way to show VoLTE/VoWiFi icons although they are working, and I find the desktop icons to be quite high up, with no option to move them lower.
    Do you recommend this for daily use as per my usage listed in post before yours?
    What is props config? Did you install as per instructions given in opening post or in some other way.
    Would you recommend waiting for the next release?

Top Liked Posts

Thanks @LuK1337. Really excited to try this out.

Though I have a very silly question. In the installation page it says to be on the android 11 build. Does that means OOS11 or any custom ROM based on android 11 should also be fine?
      OOS11 blobs so oos11, yaap11, derp11, LOS11, omni11--not statix11, evo11
      Use fastbootd method . It is easy . You can find fastbootd roms on this site or use payload dumper on your package and get fastbootd images .
      That sounds like what's outlined in "Update firmware on hotdogb" from the wiki. I tried that but LOS remained. I suspect that page is for people who want to update their current stock installation, not install one from scratch. Do I need to flash more partitions than those listed on that page?

EDIT: I ended up just flashing every single .img partition from the payload and got an error on reboot about some log not being read, kicking me to the OOS recovery, but then I wiped all data and rebooted and it seemed to work again :)
      That sounds like what's outlined in "Update firmware on hotdogb" from the wiki. I tried that but LOS remained. I suspect that page is for people who want to update their current stock installation, not install one from scratch. Do I need to flash more partitions than those listed on that page?
      You can find the OOS 10 fastboot roms and how you flash it at that topic;

or how to extract payload.bin

there is minor differences between OOS10 an 11's fastbootd install scripts (OOS11 has system_ext etc). I have attached OOS11 roms fastbootd install script that I use . It has both slot a and b installation commands. This scripts can use both OOS11 and OOS10 .

fastboot reboot fastboot
      fastboot -w
      fastboot flash boot_a boot.img
      fastboot flash dtbo_a dtbo.img
      fastboot flash recovery_a recovery.img
      fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta_a vbmeta.img
      fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta_system_a vbmeta_system.img
      fastboot reboot fastboot
      fastboot flash abl_a abl.img
      fastboot flash aop_a aop.img
      fastboot flash bluetooth_a bluetooth.img
      fastboot flash cmnlib_a cmnlib.img
      fastboot flash cmnlib64_a cmnlib64.img
      fastboot flash devcfg_a devcfg.img
      fastboot flash dsp_a dsp.img
      fastboot flash hyp_a hyp.img
      fastboot flash imagefv_a imagefv.img
      fastboot flash keymaster_a keymaster.img
      fastboot flash LOGO_a LOGO.img
      fastboot flash multiimgoem_a multiimgoem.img
      fastboot flash modem_a modem.img
      fastboot flash odm_a odm.img
      fastboot flash oem_stanvbk oem_stanvbk.img
      fastboot flash opproduct_a opproduct.img
      fastboot flash qupfw_a qupfw.img
      fastboot flash storsec_a storsec.img
      fastboot flash tz_a tz.img
      fastboot flash uefisecapp_a uefisecapp.img
      fastboot flash xbl_a xbl.img
      fastboot flash xbl_config_a xbl_config.img
      fastboot flash system_a system.img
      fastboot flash system_ext_a system_ext.img
      fastboot flash vendor_a vendor.img
      fastboot flash product_a product.img

fastboot flash boot_b boot.img
      fastboot flash dtbo_b dtbo.img
      fastboot flash recovery_b recovery.img
      fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta_b vbmeta.img
      fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta_system_b vbmeta_system.img
      fastboot reboot fastboot
      fastboot flash abl_b abl.img
      fastboot flash aop_b aop.img
      fastboot flash bluetooth_b bluetooth.img
      fastboot flash cmnlib_b cmnlib.img
      fastboot flash cmnlib64_b cmnlib64.img
      fastboot flash devcfg_b devcfg.img
      fastboot flash dsp_b dsp.img
      fastboot flash hyp_b hyp.img
      fastboot flash imagefv_b imagefv.img
      fastboot flash keymaster_b keymaster.img
      fastboot flash LOGO_b LOGO.img
      fastboot flash multiimgoem_b multiimgoem.img
      fastboot flash modem_b modem.img
      fastboot flash odm_b odm.img
      fastboot flash oem_stanvbk oem_stanvbk.img
      fastboot flash opproduct_b opproduct.img
      fastboot flash qupfw_b qupfw.img
      fastboot flash storsec_b storsec.img
      fastboot flash tz_b tz.img
      fastboot flash uefisecapp_b uefisecapp.img
      fastboot flash xbl_b xbl.img
      fastboot flash xbl_config_b xbl_config.img
      fastboot flash system_b system.img
      fastboot flash system_ext_b system_ext.img
      fastboot flash vendor_b vendor.img
      fastboot flash product_b product.img
      fastboot -w
      fastboot reboot
      2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
      Downloads :
      Reporting Bugs
      • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
      • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
      • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
      • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
      Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
      What is your--
      LineageOS version:
      LineageOS Download url:
      Gapps version:

Did you--
      wipe:
      restore with titanium backup:
      reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
      a task killer:
      a non-stock kernel:
      other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
      It's been working great to be honest, battery life better than stock! I've had trouble with the ING banking app, I've removed root and factory reset, installed lineage again without root and it's still a bit iffy, it seems to think it's still rooted.

I've noticed opening the multitasking menu is a little buggy/slow, and the fingerprint reader is not as fast or as accurate as stock, but that's to be expected.

Other than that I haven't noticed any other bugs.
      Thanks @LuK1337. Really excited to try this out.

Though I have a very silly question. In the installation page it says to be on the android 11 build. Does that means OOS11 or any custom ROM based on android 11 should also be fine?
      OOS11 blobs so oos11, yaap11, derp11, LOS11, omni11--not statix11, evo11
      for clean installers coming from oos11, there is a bug in the instructions section:

The 'vol down + power' combo did not work for my device – I had to use 'vol up + power' to get into the lineage recovery (otherwise it goes to either fastboot or oos recovery screen can't recall now) – need to change the instructions page perhaps?
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone