[ROM][OFFICIAL][hotdogb][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

Ssayerr

Oct 23, 2015
First off, thanks so much, LuK1337! I've been hoping for Lineage for this device for awhile, and the ROM is fantastic so far. I've been using it for a few days now, and it has been wonderfully smooth and stable. That said, I have encountered one error, so I thought I would report it.

When I have an adapter connected to provide power to my device as well as allow me to connect headphones, the headphones are not detected if power is plugged in. So:
Adapter + Power + Headphones = Device uses built-in speakers.
Adapter + Headphones = Headphones work normally.

It seems to be related to how the device is recognized by the OS. When I just plug the adapter and headphones in, I get a "Charging connected device via USB" notification that is not present when power is also connected. Please see below for specifics, and logs are attached. If you need any additional info, please let me know.

What is your--
LineageOS version: 18.1-20210509
LineageOS Download url: https://download.lineageos.org/hotdogb
Gapps version: NikGapps

Did you--
wipe: Yes
restore with titanium backup: No
reboot after having the issue: Yes

Are you using--
a task killer: No
a non-stock kernel: No
other modifications: Magisk, root only

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
Most of the information above. Issue is easily repeatable, and has been tested with multiple adapters. Logs attached.

Attachments

• logs-2021-05-10-20-49-53.zip
    192.6 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: rob420p

HueyT

Apr 3, 2014
New Albany, IN
OnePlus 7T
First off, thanks so much, LuK1337! I've been hoping for Lineage for this device for awhile, and the ROM is fantastic so far. I've been using it for a few days now, and it has been wonderfully smooth and stable. That said, I have encountered one error, so I thought I would report it.

When I have an adapter connected to provide power to my device as well as allow me to connect headphones, the headphones are not detected if power is plugged in. So:

It seems to be related to how the device is recognized by the OS. When I just plug the adapter and headphones in, I get a "Charging connected device via USB" notification that is not present when power is also connected. Please see below for specifics, and logs are attached. If you need any additional info, please let me know.

What is your--

Did you--

Are you using--

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
Most of the information above. Issue is easily repeatable, and has been tested with multiple adapters. Logs attached.
"Disable USB audio routing" ticker should be switched off to use USB headset

Reactions: NaterTots

HueyT

Apr 3, 2014
New Albany, IN
OnePlus 7T
Screenshot_20210510-225442_Settings.png

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014

What is your--

Did you--

Are you using--

I'd need to buy such adapter... Do you know if your adapter has digital or analog audio?
( or better, just link the adapter you have )

Ssayerr

Oct 23, 2015
I'd need to buy such adapter... Do you know if your adapter has digital or analog audio?
( or better, just link the adapter you have )
The two adapters I've tried are here and here. Neither are anything fancy, but I believe they're both digital. They did, however, work just fine with AOSiP, which was the ROM I moved from. If it would be of assistance, I'd be willing to donate one of the adapters to you.

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
The two adapters I've tried are here and here. Neither are anything fancy, but I believe they're both digital. They did, however, work just fine with AOSiP, which was the ROM I moved from. If it would be of assistance, I'd be willing to donate one of the adapters to you.
Neither are available on amazon.pl as far as I can tell but that one seems legit and claims to have built in DAC — https://www.amazon.pl/UGREEN-sluchawkowe-ladowarka-rozdzielacz-kompatybilny/dp/B08519D4R4 so if you want, just send me like $25 and I'll order it.

Ssayerr

Oct 23, 2015
Neither are available on amazon.pl as far as I can tell but that one seems legit and claims to have built in DAC — https://www.amazon.pl/UGREEN-sluchawkowe-ladowarka-rozdzielacz-kompatybilny/dp/B08519D4R4 so if you want, just send me like $25 and I'll order it.
Donation sent! One thing about that particular adapter - I tried it, and kept getting stuttering audio from it. I'm not sure if I got a bad one or had another issue, but I wanted to share my experience. Thanks again for taking a look at this.

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
Donation sent! One thing about that particular adapter - I tried it, and kept getting stuttering audio from it. I'm not sure if I got a bad one or had another issue, but I wanted to share my experience. Thanks again for taking a look at this.
I ordered it. I'll drop some status whenever I do something about the issue.

Reactions: HueyT and Ssayerr

morphvale

Sep 13, 2013
Sibiu
Google Nexus 4
Google Nexus 5
So any ideea what the largest GAPPS size we can flash is?
I find it a bit funny that system reserved partition is 26GB, but I've only been able to flash Nano the most.
I'd prefer having some apps as system, especially photos to get rid of the double delete confirmation.

Droid_Nut

Feb 19, 2015
OnePlus 7T
So any ideea what the largest GAPPS size we can flash is?
I find it a bit funny that system reserved partition is 26GB, but I've only been able to flash Nano the most.
I'd prefer having some apps as system, especially photos to get rid of the double delete confirmation.

Cant you just install "app systemizer" in Magisk Modules, and systemize apps in Termux?

morphvale

Sep 13, 2013
Sibiu
Google Nexus 4
Google Nexus 5
Cant you just install "app systemizer" in Magisk Modules, and systemize apps in Termux?
Tried that, and for some reason it completly broke some apps, like clock and calendar.
I had the default ones disabled, and the google ones installed and systemized, however, they were not showing as installed at all, and it thought the google ones were the default ones, which were disabled.
Also, the module could not find them installed at all, had to systemize using the apk path.

• Sad
Reactions: Droid_Nut

Top Liked Posts

i've installed the rom and all works just fine. The only thing i did not find in setting is "advance reboot". Am i just blind or it doesn"t exist?
    Settings > System > Advanced > Gestures > Power Menu > Advanced Restart

Note that it will only show up once you choose restart in the power menu
    For those unhappy about the camera app situation I've found that the stock Oneplus camera app can be installed and used with a few caveats. This was tested on the May 30th LOS build, below I list a few notes to keep in mind for anyone interested:
    1. In my limited testing, APKs with version number 3.X.X are the newest ones that can be installed and actually work. Specifically 3.8.116 is the most stable I've found. The apk can be download here (APKMirror link).
    2. The app will always crash upon normal launch. In order to use it you must long press on the app icon and select one of the popup shortcuts (Pro, Take a video, Selfie, or Portrait). Launching from any of these shortcuts the camera app will work and so far I believe all the camera features work.
    3. There might be occasional crashes mostly due to switching between camera modes too much (Most notable on other 3.X.X versions).
    4. In Photo mode (not Pro mode) the aspect ratio button works only on 4:3 and 1:1, switching to fullscreen will render photo mode unusable as the app will crash upon switching to it. Other modes will still function as normal and Pro mode can use fullscreen aspect ratio without issues. If you accidentally switched to fullscreen aspect ratio in photo mode then it can be fixed by clearing the app data.
    5. The gallery button does not work, likely due to the missing oneplus gallery apk. Probably it will work with it installed but I haven't tested that yet.
    6. Systemlessly installing the app to the system folder does not improve anything. So installing the apk as any other normal sideloaded app is probably the best option.
    I'm not sure if the rom can be tweaked to prevent the normal launch crash. Though I'm not expecting anything from the dev about this. The app works without much issue and I'm trying to workaround the launch issue with tasker. Hopefully I'm succesful with it.
    Thank you!

Anyone having issues with Waze ? everything else seems to work perfectly. Clean Lineage, nothing else installed.

BcnbvCx.png
    This is a known issue on all the de-googled phones. You need to download and install older version apk, and then upgrade it to the latest. you might need micro-g on the phone with location services as well.
    Needs stock oos11 1st to get system_ext partition, then install los18.1
    I used to create system_ext using that command . It can be another way to create it :)

fastboot create-logical-partition system_ext_a 0

fastboot create-logical-partition system_ext_b 0
    Fingerprint sensor stopped working May 23rd update.

Seems like a display brightness issue. I cranked up the brightness to max and it started working again.

About 80% screen brightness seems to be where it starts to work.

Screenshot_20210525-100501_Edge.png

I'm gonna keep updating my reply with more info as I discover more.
    i've installed the rom and all works just fine. The only thing i did not find in setting is "advance reboot". Am i just blind or it doesn"t exist?
    Settings > System > Advanced > Gestures > Power Menu > Advanced Restart

Note that it will only show up once you choose restart in the power menu
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

It's been working great to be honest, battery life better than stock! I've had trouble with the ING banking app, I've removed root and factory reset, installed lineage again without root and it's still a bit iffy, it seems to think it's still rooted.

I've noticed opening the multitasking menu is a little buggy/slow, and the fingerprint reader is not as fast or as accurate as stock, but that's to be expected.

Other than that I haven't noticed any other bugs.
    for clean installers coming from oos11, there is a bug in the instructions section:

The 'vol down + power' combo did not work for my device – I had to use 'vol up + power' to get into the lineage recovery (otherwise it goes to either fastboot or oos recovery screen can't recall now) – need to change the instructions page perhaps?
    That sounds like what's outlined in "Update firmware on hotdogb" from the wiki. I tried that but LOS remained. I suspect that page is for people who want to update their current stock installation, not install one from scratch. Do I need to flash more partitions than those listed on that page?
    You can find the OOS 10 fastboot roms and how you flash it at that topic;

or how to extract payload.bin

there is minor differences between OOS10 an 11's fastbootd install scripts (OOS11 has system_ext etc). I have attached OOS11 roms fastbootd install script that I use . It has both slot a and b installation commands. This scripts can use both OOS11 and OOS10 .

fastboot reboot fastboot
    fastboot -w
    fastboot flash boot_a boot.img
    fastboot flash dtbo_a dtbo.img
    fastboot flash recovery_a recovery.img
    fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta_a vbmeta.img
    fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta_system_a vbmeta_system.img
    fastboot reboot fastboot
    fastboot flash abl_a abl.img
    fastboot flash aop_a aop.img
    fastboot flash bluetooth_a bluetooth.img
    fastboot flash cmnlib_a cmnlib.img