[ROM][OFFICIAL][hotdogb][12] LineageOS 19

Search This thread

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
I'm currently on 18.1, was going to upgrade to 19 and saw 20 just dropped (awesome work, devs). 19 includes all the required firmware updates, does 20 as well? Can I upgrade from 18.1 directly to 20, or do I need to hit 19 first?
The only person who tried said it "failed" w/o any explanation as to what that even means. So, it's still worth trying, imo.

lobotomize

Feb 1, 2018
OnePlus 7T
The only person who tried said it "failed" w/o any explanation as to what that even means. So, it's still worth trying, imo.
my bigger question than jumping over 19 is does 20 include all the necessary firmware to make the jump? the thread for 19 specifically mentioned having all the firmware needed without having to manually update the firmware first. Does the 20 release provide the same?

xdabushrang3r

Feb 14, 2016
LG G6
OnePlus 7T
I tried to update again directly from 18 to 20 to see if I could take note of the errors but this time it just worked. I just followed the manual upgrade instructions on the lineage website and it worked.

lobotomize

Feb 1, 2018
OnePlus 7T
I tried to update again directly from 18 to 20 to see if I could take note of the errors but this time it just worked. I just followed the manual upgrade instructions on the lineage website and it worked.
I just finished the jump from 18.1 to 20. I wasn't able to update the recovery (fastboot couldn't see my device), but other than that everything is working as well as I can tell. VoLTE is disabled in my settings, but calls/data are working fine.

Reactions: xdabushrang3r

xdabushrang3r

Feb 14, 2016
LG G6
OnePlus 7T
I just finished the jump from 18.1 to 20. I wasn't able to update the recovery (fastboot couldn't see my device), but other than that everything is working as well as I can tell. VoLTE is disabled in my settings, but calls/data are working fine.
Calls and data working fine for me too. I still need to patch the new recovery with Magisk and install, but other than that, all seems to be working.

Calls and data working fine for me too. I still need to patch the new recovery with Magisk and install, but other than that, all seems to be working.
Isn't recovery included in the installation zip file? I jump from 18 to 19 some months ago without any thoughts of recovery and it is on the latest build for 19.1. Beside that the boot image and not recovery should be patched with magisk. 🤔

gilcu3

May 11, 2016
Smart Watches
Google Nexus 5
I rceently updated from LOS 19 to LOS 20. Everything working perfectly.
One odd issue though, in both OSes I cannot send sms, tried several apps just in case.
On the other hand, is it possible to update firmware now that oneplus released F18?

Ben.gd

Jun 11, 2019
About bypassing Safetynet attestation without Magisk:

If you don’t want to rely on Magisk to pass SafetyNet attestation, use ih8sn !

1- This tool is mostly intended for people who don't want to use Magisk.
2- Credit to: @LuK1337 ... https://github.com/luk1337/ih8sn
3- Successfully tested on the following devices: OnePlus 3/3T, 5/5T, 6/6T and 7/7T on LOS 18.1, 19.1 and 20.0 !

Prerequisite:
1- No root so No Magisk !

Installation :
1- Download ih8sn zip file (see here)
2- Boot to LOS recovery
3- Flash the zip file via Apply Update from ADB or USB OTG
4- Reboot system now

Note :
1- After the first reboot, do not forget to clear storage of Google Play service and Google Play Store apps ... then restart your device ... in order to get Play Protect certification.
2- Re-flash ih8sn zip file to uninstall.
3- Updating the build via OTA preserves the safetynet bypass so no need to reflash ih8sn at each update.
4- Updating the build via recovery on A-only devices also preserves the safetynet bypass so no need to reflash ih8sn at each update ... but it is not the case for A/B devices, you have to reflash the ih8sn zip file in sequence with MindTheGapps.
5- I use the kona release of @althafvly ... (Add support for removing ih8sn - https://github.com/sdm870/ih8sn)

ih8sn.conf ... Same ih8sn.conf for OnePlus 3, 5, 6, 7 series and probably works for 8 and 9 series (Please keep me informed) :

Code:
BUILD_FINGERPRINT=OnePlus/OnePlus5T/OnePlus5T:8.0.0/OPR6.170623.013/01132343:user/release-keys
BUILD_DESCRIPTION="OnePlus5T-user 8.0.0 OPR6.170623.013 01132343 release-keys"
BUILD_SECURITY_PATCH_DATE=2020-09-01
BUILD_TAGS=release-keys
BUILD_TYPE=user
BUILD_VERSION_RELEASE=8
DEBUGGABLE=0
MANUFACTURER_NAME=OnePlus
PRODUCT_NAME=OnePlus5T
ih8sn zip working flawlessly with LOS recovery, but it is not working with TWRP recovery. If somebody knows how to use ih8sn with TWRP recovery would be appreciated.

sodnwsdho

May 26, 2021
Can I use this with magisk please, magiskhide props does not have my model?

3- Successfully tested on the following devices: OnePlus 3/3T, 5/5T, 6/6T, 7/7T and 9 on LOS 18.1, 19.1 and 20.0 !

Prerequisite:
1- Recommened: No root so No Magisk !

Installation :
2- Boot to LOS recovery
4- Reboot system now

Note :
1- After the first reboot, do not forget to clear storage of Google Play service and Google Play Store apps ... then restart your device ... in order to get Play Protect certification.
3- The safetynet bypass is preserved after updating the build via OTA so no need to reflash ih8sn at each update.
4- The safetynet bypass is also preserved after updating the build via recovery on A-only devices so no need to reflash ih8sn at each update ... but it is not the case for A/B devices, you have to reflash the ih8sn zip file in sequence with MindTheGapps.
5- I use the release of @althafvly ... (Add support for removing ih8sn - https://github.com/sdm870/ih8sn)

ih8sn.conf ... Same ih8sn.conf for OnePlus 3, 5, 6, 7 and 9 series and probably works for 8 serie (Please keep me informed) :

Code:
BUILD_FINGERPRINT=OnePlus/OnePlus5T/OnePlus5T:8.0.0/OPR6.170623.013/01132343:user/release-keys
BUILD_TAGS=release-keys
BUILD_TYPE=user
BUILD_VERSION_RELEASE=8
DEBUGGABLE=0
PRODUCT_NAME=OnePlus5T

... or use a dedicated zip file.
machine translation

sodnwsdho

May 26, 2021

3- Successfully tested on the following devices: OnePlus 3/3T, 5/5T, 6/6T, 7/7T and 9 on LOS 18.1, 19.1 and 20.0 !

Prerequisite:

Installation :
2- Boot to LOS recovery
4- Reboot system now
5- Optional: install Magisk

Note :
3- The safetynet bypass is preserved after updating the build via OTA so no need to reflash ih8sn at each update.
4- The safetynet bypass is also preserved after updating the build via recovery on A-only devices so no need to reflash ih8sn at each update ... but it is not the case for A/B devices, you have to reflash the ih8sn zip file in sequence with MindTheGapps.
5- I use the release of @althafvly ... (Add support for removing ih8sn - https://github.com/sdm870/ih8sn)

ih8sn.conf ... Same ih8sn.conf for OnePlus 3, 5, 6, 7 and 9 series and probably works for 8 serie (Please keep me informed) :

Code:
BUILD_TAGS=release-keys
BUILD_TYPE=user
BUILD_VERSION_RELEASE=8
DEBUGGABLE=0
PRODUCT_NAME=OnePlus5T

With a question... After using it, it can indeed pass CTS, but the Google Play Store cannot be opened😂

Ahmad Rady

Jun 18, 2013
Egypt

Prerequisite:

Installation :
2- Boot to LOS recovery
4- Reboot system now

Note :

Code:
BUILD_TAGS=release-keys
BUILD_TYPE=user
BUILD_VERSION_RELEASE=8
DEBUGGABLE=0
PRODUCT_NAME=OnePlus5T

Sorry for the question, but OP7T files works for both OP7 & OP7T? or shall I use _All for OP7?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    GPL compliance :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Prerequisite:

Installation :
    2- Boot to LOS recovery
    4- Reboot system now

Note :

Code:
    BUILD_TAGS=release-keys
    BUILD_TYPE=user
    BUILD_VERSION_RELEASE=8
    DEBUGGABLE=0
    PRODUCT_NAME=OnePlus5T

Thanks a ton @LuK1337.

Installed from latest android 12 stock ROM just now. Few observations after playing around for 20 mins.
    • No issues with installations [ROM+Gapps] using instructions.
    • Haptic feedback is similar to stock ROM and much improved from LOS 18.1 since I last used it.
    • Sound via headphone/speakers is similar to stock ROM.
    • GPay is working fine for UPI with just stock + Gapps [India].
    • Overall super smooth/fluid animations and everything is working as expected. Love it.

Bugs I observed:
    - Fingerprint icon is overlapping with charging message [PFA Screenshot]
    - Ok Google hotword detection is not working. Will appreciate any recommendations on making it work. [UPDATE: It works after installing 10/25 nightly, Thanks @LuK1337]
    What is de more sustainable solution and will probably work longer (magisk vs is8hn)?
    Does OTA updating with magisk work?
    My Magisk configuration has been stable here for months. Magisk (and also Gapps, @k.stahanov73 ) also survive OTA updates if you proceed as follows:

1. Start the OTA update, but do NOT reboot at the end.

2. Open Magisk > Magisk Install > in inactive slot (after OTA). Confirm the warning and do NOW a reboot.

HTH
    Freed
    Android 13 has been released since August 2022: I hope work in the background has started and is not being wasted on Android 12 anymore (there are already some A13 ROMs available).
    Of course it is. You can see what's happening if you looked. https://github.com/LineageOS
    Are you offering to help or just criticising those who do?