• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][hotdogg][11.0] crDroidAndroid v7.x

Search This thread

DarkJoker360

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Oct 20, 2015
Aradeo
BE3pE0l.png
Code:
*** Disclaimer
I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:
First time installation:
  • You must have crDroid recovery installed in both slots
  • Boot crDroid recovery
  • Format Data
  • Plug your phone to pc and Apply update via ADB
  • Run adb sideload <drag_crdroid_zip_here>
    Install gapps (Optional)
  • Reboot recovery again (from advanced menu)
  • Run adb sideload <drag_gapps_zip_here>
  • Reboot
Update installation:
  • Boot crDroid recovery
    Install gapps (Optional)
  • Reboot

NOTE: If all the flashing process succeeds the terminal output will stop at 47% and report adb: failed to read command: Success. In some cases it will report adb: failed to read command: No error which is also fine.

Sources:
ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
Device sources: https://github.com/hotdogg-dev

Download:
ROM https://crdroid.net/hotdogg
Changelog: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/c..._vendor_crDroidOTA/11.0/changelog_hotdogg.txt

Known issues:
* You tell me

NOTE: Default camera and gallery are from OxygenOS to have all features and cameras working. Video section of the camera will force close the app, you can take videos but doing a long press on camera shutter button.

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
DarkJoker360 Telegram Updates
crDroid Community Telegram
crDroid Updates Channel
Donate to help our team pay server costs

Last edited:

keydel

Mar 23, 2012
los angeles.!
so i have looked, but what do you mean with having "crDroid REcovery installed on both slots?"

so in fastboot i would set current slot a.. flash recovery, then set slot b.. flash recovery?

been out of the flashing thing since the LG v20 so this has changed a bit.

Sep 22, 2021
Good day all. I just flashed my onplus 7t McLaren to crDroid Rom. And I love it. Just a quick question. When the screen is off I have to press the power button for it to wake up. How can I do it so I tapped on the screen instead for it to come up? Thank you

So far, super impressed with this ROM and the overall experience! I like the little "ditties" under the Welcome to crDroid at the top!

So question, the Preinstallation section says, "Magisk 20.0 or newer for root (after first boot) - (Download from here)". I have installed the Magisk APK from the Github repo, and it confirms "Ramdisk Yes" which, from what I am reading on Magisk's install page, means I need to patch the boot.img file. Magisk says, "You should be able to extract the file you need from the official firmware packages or your custom ROM zip (if using one)." I think that means I need to somehow extract this .img file from crDroidAndroid-11.0-20210927-hotdogg-v7.10.zip. However, when I look into that zip, I'm not seeing it. Forgive me if I am just misinformed or overlooking something!

Super happy to see some development on hotdogg again, and one of my favorite ROMs no less. I just hope to get regular updates unlike everything else (besides Carbon 8.0, not even 9.0), but am super happy to find everything working, unlike some of the one off ROM builds on here. So far, no problem (other than not realizing Gapps weren't included and Magisk causing softbricks if installed before setup). Everything tested so far is working and has the battery life I expect from crDroid.

So far, super impressed with this ROM and the overall experience! I like the little "ditties" under the Welcome to crDroid at the top!

So question, the Preinstallation section says, "Magisk 20.0 or newer for root (after first boot) - (Download from here)". I have installed the Magisk APK from the Github repo, and it confirms "Ramdisk Yes" which, from what I am reading on Magisk's install page, means I need to patch the boot.img file. Magisk says, "You should be able to extract the file you need from the official firmware packages or your custom ROM zip (if using one)." I think that means I need to somehow extract this .img file from crDroidAndroid-11.0-20210927-hotdogg-v7.10.zip. However, when I look into that zip, I'm not seeing it. Forgive me if I am just misinformed or overlooking something!
So the easiest way to install magisk and (I did it on this ROM) is to rename magisk.apk to magisk.zip and install that through TWRP. On this ROM, you MUST do it after setup or risk a potential soft-brick.

Found my first issues. Cannot install Magisk modules through the Magisk app, and TWRP decryption doesn't seem to work. I'm not sure if the issues are related, but the Magisk issue seems related to the kernel and it's ability to process different file formats. Interesting enough, Substratum module installed automatically fine and Systemless hosts also works fine, but modules from the repo fall with a simple "Installation Failed" message. Tried turning off passcode but that didn't allow TWRP to see any folders inside /sdcard still so couldn't try installing modules in TWRP how I normally would either.

Sep 22, 2021
I have been using with this rom and i wanted to see if anyone had this issue, lets say you are on a call and I have the speaker on, I hear crackling noises. ?? cant figure out

Super happy to see some development on hotdogg again, and one of my favorite ROMs no less. I just hope to get regular updates unlike everything else (besides Carbon 8.0, not even 9.0), but am super happy to find everything working, unlike some of the one off ROM builds on here. So far, no problem (other than not realizing Gapps weren't included and Magisk causing softbricks if installed before setup). Everything tested so far is working and has the battery life I expect from crDroid.

So the easiest way to install magisk and (I did it on this ROM) is to rename magisk.apk to magisk.zip and install that through TWRP. On this ROM, you MUST do it after setup or risk a potential soft-brick.
I was looking for a method that didn't involve TWRP since I too came across the same issues you encountered. I actually just finished rooting crDroid a few minutes ago. Here were my steps:
  1. Grab a copy of payload-dumper-go (I used payload-dumper-go_1.2.0_linux_amd64.tar.gz)
  2. Make it executable and install golang if you haven't already
  3. Unzip crDroidAndroid-11.0-20210927-hotdogg-v7.10.zip
  4. Type: ./payload-dumper-go crDroidAndroid-11.0-20210927-hotdogg-v7.10/payload.bin
  5. Copy the boot.img file from new folder to your phone
  6. Also copy Magisk-v23.0.apk to your phone and install it
  7. Open the Magisk app and and tap Magisk > Install
  8. Choose Select and Patch a File (should be the only option you can choose at the moment)
  9. Browse to and choose the boot.img file
  10. Once patched, copy the resulting magisk patched .img file back to your computer
  11. Restart your phone into fastboot mode
  12. Then flash with: fastboot flash boot /path/to/your/magisk_patched.img file
  13. You may also want to flash the other boot; for example, in my case boot_a was flashed, so I then typed: sudo ./fastboot flash boot_b ~/Downloads/magisk_patched-23000_dCYIE.img
  14. Then restart your phone!
These are the steps I performed, gleaned from the Magisk github's install.html#magisk-in-recovery page and also @gwolfu at https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...droid-v7-10-13-sep-2021.4292267/post-85192599

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just installed. Its absolutely epic :cowboy:. I am worried about the always on display tho. Will this harm the screen since nothing really moves? I mean, the time changes obviously, etc, but is it a significant enough of a change to not allow burn in? :confused:
    If you're worried about it then don't use that feature 🤨 I don't use always on display, I use kinScreen.
    I will try it, thank you :). I had to switch to a different rom for now. Had to go to work. This rom would black the screen out and not allow the screen to come back on unless I forced reboot. I will try it again and maybe see what is causing it. Hopefully I find it, I love this rom and would def like to keep using it.
    I will try it, thank you :). I had to switch to a different rom for now. Had to go to work. This rom would black the screen out and not allow the screen to come back on unless I forced reboot. I will try it again and maybe see what is causing it. Hopefully I find it, I love this rom and would def like to keep using it.
    I myself haven't had any issues with the ROM 🤷‍♂️ If you install the ROM again and it still gives you problems, get a copy of the logcat and send it to the developer, he will most likely be able to tell you what's causing the problem and how to fix it.
    Can anyone post a link or attach the boot.img to a post to download. I cannot get to my pc right now and am on the road and root is working. Please 🙏
    Hopefully this is it. My device is rooted with the rom in this forum, crdroid. I just extracted these off my phone using Partitions Backup. Good luck! 😊
    Hopefully this is it. My device is rooted with the rom in this forum, crdroid. I just extracted these off my phone using Partitions Backup. Good luck! 😊
    I will try. Thank you 🙌
    BE3pE0l.png
    Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:
    First time installation:
    • Boot crDroid recovery
    • Format Data
      Install gapps (Optional)
    • Reboot
    Update installation:
    • Boot crDroid recovery
      Install gapps (Optional)
    • Reboot

NOTE: If all the flashing process succeeds the terminal output will stop at 47% and report adb: failed to read command: Success. In some cases it will report adb: failed to read command: No error which is also fine.

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Device sources: https://github.com/hotdogg-dev

Download:
    ROM https://crdroid.net/hotdogg
    Changelog: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/c..._vendor_crDroidOTA/11.0/changelog_hotdogg.txt

Known issues:
    * You tell me

NOTE: Default camera and gallery are from OxygenOS to have all features and cameras working. Video section of the camera will force close the app, you can take videos but doing a long press on camera shutter button.

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    DarkJoker360 Telegram Updates
    crDroid Community Telegram
    crDroid Updates Channel
    Donate to help our team pay server costs
    What are the fastboot commands to flash crDroid recovery to both A/B slots?
    fastboot flash recovery_a <drag_recovery_img_here>
    fastboot flash recovery_b <drag_recovery_img_here>
    Just installed. Its absolutely epic :cowboy:. I am worried about the always on display tho. Will this harm the screen since nothing really moves? I mean, the time changes obviously, etc, but is it a significant enough of a change to not allow burn in? :confused:
    If you're worried about it then don't use that feature 🤨 I don't use always on display, I use kinScreen.
    I myself haven't had any issues with the ROM 🤷‍♂️ If you install the ROM again and it still gives you problems, get a copy of the logcat and send it to the developer, he will most likely be able to tell you what's causing the problem and how to fix it.