[ROM][OFFICIAL][hotdogg][11.0] crDroidAndroid v7.x

Search This thread
It's easy to update and maintain root without needing to use the pc.

1. Open magisk manager and keep in memory. (Don't close it)

2. Install the update in crdroid settings and switch back to magisk manager.

3. Let crdroid finish the update in the background while in magisk manager but don't reboot.

4. Install magisk to the inactive slot and finally reboot while it prompts you.

5. Profit
Worked like a charm! Thank you @gnabtib8

Reactions: gnabtib8

BobbyLynn

Oct 4, 2019
Lacenter
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
I've had this ROM installed on my backup phone for awhile now. I use my backup phone often. My backup phone setup is exactly like my main phone, same apps, same launcher (go launcher) same layout, everything is exactly the same. Well, crDroid blows Oxygen OS out of the water. Stock Android 11 is junk. Very buggy. And the biggest notice is with Bricks breaker game. On crDroid the balls move very fast, but on stock A11 the balls are almost in slow motion 🤨 I was wanting to keep my main phone on the stock ROM, but A11 is a POS compared to crDroid. I wanted to keep it on stock A11, I think I'll just use my backup phone as my primary phone since crDroid is much better than stock A11

toblerone0

Nov 3, 2020
Where do things currently stand with it? The OP mentions needing to hold to record video and the actual video tab crashing, has that been fixed by now? Not sure if I want to wait for an A12 version to flash or just flash it now. Doesn't seem to be too many options for the phone model either way.

BobbyLynn

Oct 4, 2019
Lacenter
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
Where do things currently stand with it? The OP mentions needing to hold to record video and the actual video tab crashing, has that been fixed by now? Not sure if I want to wait for an A12 version to flash or just flash it now. Doesn't seem to be too many options for the phone model either way.
Still not fixed. But that issue is only on the main camera. So if you want to record a video with the main camera just leave it in picture mode and hold down the shutter button. The front video records fine though. Other camera apps work just fine on the main camera. Like "Open Camera" and any other camera app from the Play store.

Last edited:
Reactions: toblerone0

DarkJoker360

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Oct 20, 2015
Aradeo
Welcome Android 12 on hotdogg !

NOTES: Releasing soon // No eta

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220125-134949_Impostazioni.png
    Screenshot_20220125-134949_Impostazioni.png
    254.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20220125-134940_crDroid Home.png
    Screenshot_20220125-134940_crDroid Home.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 21

DarkJoker360

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Oct 20, 2015
Aradeo
crDroid 8.1 is now officially supported, make sure to update it !

NOTE: This version will probably go EOL.

BobbyLynn

Oct 4, 2019
Lacenter
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
crDroid 8.1 is now officially supported, make sure to update it !

NOTE: This version will probably go EOL.

Alright, I'll test drive it on my backup McLaren first, and if all goes well I'll update my primary McLaren

Unfortunately version 8 doesn't have as many features as 7. But the interface is pretty cool on version 8. I switched back to this version though, mainly just to have the features.
I did the same. I loved having 12 available for this device but the main crDroid aspects weren't available. I'll make the jump to 12 when that's fully baked in. Is @DarkJoker360 still making updates for 7.x? I'm having issues with AptX Adaptive.

Top Liked Posts