Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Oct 20, 2015
Aradeo
BE3pE0l.png
Code:
*** Disclaimer
I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/12.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:
First time installation:
  • You must have crDroid recovery installed in both slots
  • Boot crDroid recovery
  • Format Data
  • Plug your phone to pc and Apply update via ADB
  • Run adb sideload <drag_crdroid_zip_here>
    Install gapps (Optional)
  • Reboot recovery again (from advanced menu)
  • Run adb sideload <drag_gapps_zip_here>
  • Reboot
Update installation:
  • You must have crDroid recovery installed in both slots
  • Boot crDroid recovery
  • Run adb sideload <drag_crdroid_zip_here>
    Install gapps (Optional)
  • Reboot recovery again (from advanced menu)
  • Run adb sideload <drag_gapps_zip_here>
  • Reboot

NOTE: If all the flashing process succeeds the terminal output will stop at 47% and report adb: failed to read command: Success. In some cases it will report adb: failed to read command: No error which is also fine.

Sources:
ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
Device sources: https://github.com/hotdogg-dev

Download:
ROM https://crdroid.net/hotdogg
Changelog: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/c..._vendor_crDroidOTA/12.0/changelog_hotdogg.txt

Known issues:
* You tell me

NOTE: Default camera and gallery are from OxygenOS to have all features and cameras working. Video section of the camera will force close the app, you can take videos but doing a long press on camera shutter button.

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
DarkJoker360 Telegram Updates
crDroid Community Telegram
crDroid Updates Channel
Donate to help our team pay server costs

Last edited:

DarkJoker360

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Oct 20, 2015
Aradeo
Reserved

- Make sure u backup your persist.img before switching to this rom and eventually restore it if FOD / Sensors aren't working !

Last edited:

ddggttff3

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2009
Minnesota
Thanks for being one of the few developers who supports this phone!

Installed without issue, only thing is I had to manually set the preferred network type to get 5g working, but no big deal. Overall the ROM feels quite smooth so far!

Last edited:
What are your update instructions if existing users are already on your latest build of crdroid 7.14 Android 11
I just did a fresh install and also side loaded the android auto addon package (from the provided link) and magisk 24.1 stable. No idea if upgrading from the 11 build is possible tho. Anyone else more experienced care to chime in on that matter?

May 6, 2021
Nokia 6.1
F(x)tec Pro1
first step is this...
fastboot flash recovery_a name_of_twrp.img
fastboot flash recovery_b name_of_twrp.img

upgraded from lineage 18.1 OS android 11.

... More testing and found out it doesn't tap to wake up at all actually when AOD is activated. when AOD is activated, and on call, the tap to wake up does not work. it also doesn't tap to wake up, about ~4 seconds after the phone screen saver goes off, (screensaver would be the AOD)...

how do i make the AOD brighter ?
so far just had an issue with bluetooth transferring over contacts from my other phone. but i just used email to transfer. i don't use bluetooth so maybe someone else can confirm that there are no problems.
i went through all the settings but i didnt see a setting to adjust the sensitivity for the touch and gesture area on the sides of the phone.
ROM makes my phone a lot faster and smoother. it has a great UI. thanks bro for your very hard work !

Last edited:

joebob3399

Nov 8, 2021
first step is this...
fastboot flash recovery_a name_of_twrp.img
fastboot flash recovery_b name_of_twrp.img

upgraded from lineage 18.1 OS android 11.

... More testing and found out it doesn't tap to wake up at all actually when AOD is activated. when AOD is activated, and on call, the tap to wake up does not work. it also doesn't tap to wake up, about ~4 seconds after the phone screen saver goes off, (screensaver would be the AOD)...

how do i make the AOD brighter ?
so far just had an issue with bluetooth transferring over contacts from my other phone. but i just used email to transfer. i don't use bluetooth so maybe someone else can confirm that there are no problems.
i went through all the settings but i didnt see a setting to adjust the sensitivity for the touch and gesture area on the sides of the phone.
ROM makes my phone a lot faster and smoother. it has a great UI. thanks bro for your very hard work !
The Oneplus 7t Pro 5g isn't meant to have AOD, it'll drain the battery. the ambient display should work fine

Joe199799

Sep 7, 2014
So I flashed the ROM the other day, I've been enjoying it. I have a consistent OTA update for what says the January 27th update (although I installed the newest version of this rom) but trying to update to it fails and ends up in a bootloop. I'm currently having issues with slowdown while pulling down notification shade like significant lag (most noticable with a media player up) lock screen also slows down significantly if I'm running Spotify and have the media player on the lock screen. For some extremely odd reason running greenify in root mode locks up the system or having Bluetooth headphones connected when you reboot honestly I'm not sure I've had it lock up multiple times on separate occasions and in each case either turning off Bluetooth right after booting or uninstalling greenify remedies the issue. This is a total system lockout whatever happening on screen stops no touch input works and forcing a reset is the only thing to get back up and running. Other than that I've had no major issues. I apologize for the wall of text but just thought I'd throw out how my experience has been thus far and the issues I've experienced to hopefully make this the best ROM it can possibly be.

Edit: for some reason forcing peak refresh rate doesn't fix the slowdown issue but it does make it bearable I'm not sure what could be causing it.

Edit edit: I am now having an issue of WiFi randomly connecting and disconnecting this issue just started and happens on multiple wifi networks both 2.4 and 5ghz.

Edit edit edit: googling around issues for the lag and stumbled across a support thread for the s20 ultra one UI 4 update (I know completely different phone) but uh it turns out the OS is throttling the screen refresh rate rather aggressively and aggressively turning it back up not sure if it applies here just thought I'd mention it.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts