[ROM][OFFICIAL][hotdogg][12.1] crDroidAndroid v8.x

Search This thread

sbw17

May 15, 2017
Yes, working fine for me. I have installed it yesterday. Everything is smooth. Only install Core NikGapps with it.
Thank you, sir.
Which one is preferable:

Latest Update - 20th April 2022 (Android SL, S, R and Q Canary Release) ?​

My T-Mobile phone is SIM and bootloader unlocked, running Android 11 from April, 1st,

saleemiii

Jun 24, 2022
Pakistan
Thank you, sir.
Which one is preferable:

Latest Update - 20th April 2022 (Android SL, S, R and Q Canary Release) ?​

My T-Mobile phone is SIM and bootloader unlocked, running Android 11 from April, 1st,
My phone is T-Mobile - SIM Unlocked.
There is a post in the form on how to get sim unlocked. Follow that.
But mine was already unlocked.

After that, follow this post to unlock bootloader, install CrDroid recovery and then install Crdroid S version.

Please do everything at your own risk. Just saying :)

Reactions: BobbyLynn

sbw17

May 15, 2017
Thank you guys,

Since I have SIM unlocked and bootloader unlocked, will go for crDroid recovery install and Rom install.

Do I have to root for install ?

To be honest I'm not sure Iunderstand what does it mean "
  • You must have crDroid recovery installed in both slots" and didn't find a guide, though do not want to assume its like standard ROM installation

Jesus, did it last time 5 years ago on Samsung S5 ))

saleemiii

Jun 24, 2022
Pakistan
Thank you guys,

Since I have SIM unlocked and bootloader unlocked, will go for crDroid recovery install and Rom install.

Do I have to root for install ?

To be honest I'm not sure Iunderstand what does it mean "
  • You must have crDroid recovery installed in both slots" and didn't find a guide, though do not want to assume its like standard ROM installation

Jesus, did it last time 5 years ago on Samsung S5 ))
Mclarean had 2 slots, A/B.
Think it as 2 C drives in Windows, you need to install recovery 2 times, first in recovery_a, then recovery_b.

Follow the post i linked above, @BobbyLynn has done a great job in explaining how to flash both recoveries.

Reactions: BobbyLynn

saleemiii

Jun 24, 2022
Pakistan
Basically was looking for installation guide, and found this one

Though it talks about TWRP.
Follow this, kindly:

sbw17

May 15, 2017
Follow this, kindly:
I missed the video LOL.
Thanks, will give it a try tomorrow.
Also found a link to installation of recovery

sbw17

May 15, 2017
Just asking myself, what will be the benefits of custom ROM ? Obviously its better than T-Mobile, but is it really worth it?

saleemiii

Jun 24, 2022
Pakistan
Just asking myself, what will be the benefits of custom ROM ? Obviously its better than T-Mobile, but is it really worth it?
For me, I wanted full control, more customization (colors, fonts, root access) and Android 12's look etc ;)
But I also got battery improvements.

If you love watching movie on netflix,amazon or disney on your OnePlus, do not unlock bootloader or else you can only stream in SD format and not HD or HDR.

DemonX99

May 7, 2017
There is a constant beeping noise to the other person in any kind of call, whatsapp, insta, normal phone calls. Mic works fine for recording but calls don't work.

aNGERY

Aug 6, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
no matter what I do, i can't get it to flash. I tried both the 7T Pro and 7T Pro Mclaren roms. No idea. The phone is an HD1925

Attachments

• 290896101_1212286842906659_1958977503986194007_n.jpg
    290896101_1212286842906659_1958977503986194007_n.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 31

BobbyLynn

Oct 4, 2019
Kentucky
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
no matter what I do, i can't get it to flash. I tried both the 7T Pro and 7T Pro Mclaren roms. No idea. The phone is an HD1925
When I flashed it I placed the ROM in the "C" drive (main/system drive). Then open a cmd in that drive, then "adb sideload " then drag and drop the ROM. I used crDroid recovery instead of TWRP. Make sure you have installed fastboot/adb drivers properly on your PC.
Follow the instructions exactly, and be sure to have recovery installed on both slots too

jeffbob48

Jun 26, 2014
How long does the first boot take? Ive been at the boot logo animation for like 10 min

BobbyLynn

Oct 4, 2019
Kentucky
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
How long does the first boot take? Ive been at the boot logo animation for like 10 min
It's been about 5 months since I last installed the ROM. So I can't give you a very accurate time, but I'm thinking it was around 5 minutes. I no longer have the phone, so I can't do a step by step video tutorial. All I can suggest is follow the instructions exactly as explained and make sure the drivers are properly inside. Here's a tip, when the phone is in recovery mode ADB, look at the device manager on your PC and make sure the ADB/Android/USB driver isn't showing a triangle on it. I'm not sure exactly which driver it is, but you'll know it when you see it if it had an warning ⚠️ beside it

jeffbob48

Jun 26, 2014
It's been about 5 months since I last installed the ROM. So I can't give you a very accurate time, but I'm thinking it was around 5 minutes. I no longer have the phone, so I can't do a step by step video tutorial. All I can suggest is follow the instructions exactly as explained and make sure the drivers are properly inside. Here's a tip, when the phone is in recovery mode ADB, look at the device manager on your PC and make sure the ADB/Android/USB driver isn't showing a triangle on it. I'm not sure exactly which driver it is, but you'll know it when you see it if it had an warning ⚠️ beside it
I got it working... one more thing. I cannot find how to enable 5G anywhere all i can fins is LTE+

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PS, I used "15 s

I can't remember exactly where that exact setting is, but it will definitely be found in the network settings. Idk if you know or not, but 5G is called "NR" in the radio network settings
    I had to launch a app to find the hidden menu for network type.. Dialer method does not work.
    Last I knew of you can't take a OTA if the bootloader is unlocked. The user data.bin or something like that goes missing after unlocking the bootloader. Like I said, it's been about 5 months since I've had that phone, so my memory is a bit cloudy, but I do remember that it couldn't take OTA's after I unlocked the bootloader, I had to manually update it using a flash tool. I wish I could give you details, but I just can't remember much about it.
    Ah I understand thanks for the help though!
    Guys, where can I change the view of Caller and SMS icons? Long Press and click not opens Edit option.
    I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to. Maybe the themes. I don't think it has custom themeing for the icons, but I can't remember. I mystery use Go launcher for changing my icons
    I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to. Maybe the themes. I don't think it has custom themeing for the icons, but I can't remember. I mystery use Go launcher for changing my icons
    But go to settings, and in the search bar type in "icons" and if you don't see it in there then type in "theme" and if you don't see it in there either then you'll need to download a launcher that has tbe icon changer feature
    Released a new update with fixed 90hz, improved fod and oneplus camera.
    The rom is now official !
    BE3pE0l.png
    Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/12.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:
    First time installation:
    • You must have crDroid recovery installed in both slots
    • Boot crDroid recovery
    • Format Data
    • Plug your phone to pc and Apply update via ADB
    • Run adb sideload <drag_crdroid_zip_here>
      Install gapps (Optional)
    • Reboot recovery again (from advanced menu)
    • Run adb sideload <drag_gapps_zip_here>
    • Reboot
    Update installation:
    • You must have crDroid recovery installed in both slots
    • Boot crDroid recovery
    • Run adb sideload <drag_crdroid_zip_here>
      Install gapps (Optional)
    • Reboot recovery again (from advanced menu)
    • Run adb sideload <drag_gapps_zip_here>
    • Reboot

NOTE: If all the flashing process succeeds the terminal output will stop at 47% and report adb: failed to read command: Success. In some cases it will report adb: failed to read command: No error which is also fine.

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Device sources: https://github.com/hotdogg-dev

Download:
    ROM https://crdroid.net/hotdogg
    Changelog: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/c..._vendor_crDroidOTA/12.0/changelog_hotdogg.txt

Known issues:
    * You tell me

NOTE: Default camera and gallery are from OxygenOS to have all features and cameras working. Video section of the camera will force close the app, you can take videos but doing a long press on camera shutter button.

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    DarkJoker360 Telegram Updates
    crDroid Community Telegram
    crDroid Updates Channel
    Donate to help our team pay server costs
    New crDroid update based on Android 12.1 / 12L is out now !
    Backup your data before upgrading and also if you are facing flashing issues update to this recovery
    Enjoy !
    Thanks for being one of the few developers who supports this phone!

Installed without issue, only thing is I had to manually set the preferred network type to get 5g working, but no big deal. Overall the ROM feels quite smooth so far!
    Reserved

- Make sure u backup your persist.img before switching to this rom and eventually restore it if FOD / Sensors aren't working !