- Oct 22, 2010
banner by cypis
CyanogenMod10.1.x Stable, CM10 archive (scroll below and click Spoiler for cm10) - https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_htc_endeavoru TeamNDVRu https://github.com/TeamNDVRu/
CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.2.2 and 4.3(JellyBean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.
This is place for official cm10.1.x stable , at http://get.cm/?device=endeavoru
#include /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
Working with Senior CyanogenMod team members, we have set the official nightlies on track.
arcee (Ricardo Cerqueira) merged in the ics compatibility codes to cm10 repositories, and thus cm10 endeavoru is now working fully with audio and camera.
gorbi16 is maintainer of endeavoru device/kernel tree, tbalden is one of the maintainers of official htc-doubleshot cm9 device / kernel tree and as such member of TeamDS, and started to hack for HTC One X (endeavoru) as well. Most of you will/might know who mdeejay is, a long-time developer on xda and rootz, who now owns a HOX device too and decided to hack cm9/cm10/cm10.1 for this device as well. gorbi is a long time android hacker who joined the team while we were hacking CM10. Now he's spinning pure JB builds with new kernel so we can test it and merge his stuff soon.
Thanks and credits:
- the awesome ladies and gents who are creating, helping, rocking cyanogenmod and the cm team
- thoemy for many patches to keep the ball rolling
- all you folks who contributed to the opensource scene of android, this time especially endeavoru and endeavoru cm10!
- special thanks to Pabx for bringing 4.2.1 to HOX first with the awesome AOSP rom!
- gorbi for his patches in gerrit to shape up the repo even more
- seadersn for his patches
- all the kernel hackers who was stabilizing the released htcdev kernel sources, especially showp-1984, riemervdzee, TripNRaVeR, kholk and everyone else!
- the creators of tf300 and tf201 device trees all around the interwebz
- tgascoigne for the camera mode patch in cm repo
- tgascoigne team for the rild fix
- pabx @ xda for his extended research on echo issue and for providing a fix for it
- htc, google and all the worthy companies who make it possible
Kernel we use contains support for nfs/cifs/tun. Stuff is being done there by mdeejay, show-p1984, gorbi, thoemy and tbalden
Device tree is a derivation of other tegra3 device trees like Transformer Prime, and GPS patches from the xda thread CM9 Development repositories. Tree orchestrated by mdeejay, gorbi, thoemy and tbalden:
Vendor blobs are from latest update by htc.
https://github.com/tbalden/android_vendor_htc_endeavoru - cm-10.1 branch
- First time flashing CM 10/10.1 to your HOX (or coming from another ROM)?
1. Unlock your device and install Clockwork Recovery
2. Do a Nandroid backup!
4. Install the ROM
5. Optionally install the Google Addon
6. Download boot.img as well,
7. boot into boot loader (adb reboot bootloader). Use fastboot and ‘fastboot flash boot boot.img’ through usb to have the correct kernel/boot image. Otherwise it won’t work/boot.
8. 'fastboot erase cache' is recommended if you have booting issues
HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
- Was your problem a hard reboot? Get us the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
- Was your problem a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get the full output.
- Pastebin links preferred.
- For now, please leave comments in the forums. We will be monitoring for activity as we continue to fix known issues.
Direct download URLs:
-----------===== CM 10.1 nightly/monthly snapshot part =====------------
gapps for 4.2.2: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip
More info: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Endeavoru_Info
Pending patches in review, that are not included in the nightlies yet, but can be found in the STAGING builds provided in this thread:
NONE - you should use nightly+vendor installer
NOTE: you need to tap about 6 times the SystemSettings/AboutPhone/BuildNumber part to get Developer Options and Performance menu!
STAGING BUILDS (cm-10.1):
Staging build 5 (march-16): removed. Network issues
Staging build 4 (march-15): http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=39177613&postcount=12314
Staging build 3 (march-10): http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=38972162&postcount=12034
How to enable FastCharge USB/ sweep2wake? --> SystemSettings / Advanced !
CM 10.1 issues:
- MHL HDMI broken (use cm-10.1 alpha7 with ICS blobs, if you still need it)
- On 8MPixel camera sometimes takes a gray image - on lower resolutions it works fine
- sdcard MUST be vfat (default on htc sense so don't worry if you didnt format it to ext4 manually) (no ext4 support yet) - (if you didn't change it intentionally to ext4 then it's VFAT by default by HTC)
Mostly everything else, including games (touchscreen), camera/camcorder
Beta 10 (pure JB vendor): http://d-h.st/qRk Changelog of Beta 10: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=38716677&postcount=11591
Beta 9 (pure JB vendor): http://d-h.st/ISG Changelog of Beta 9: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=38641930&postcount=11475
Beta 8 (pure JB vendor): http://d-h.st/304 Changelog of Beta 8: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=38562194&postcount=11388
Beta 7 (pure JB vendor): http://d-h.st/fo4 Changelog of Beta 7: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=38472132&postcount=11263
Beta 6 (pure JB vendor): http://d-h.st/Sgu Changelog of Beta 6: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=38388723&postcount=11110
Beta 5 (pure JB vendor): http://d-h.st/Eqs Changelog of Beta 5: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=38364599&postcount=11046
Beta 4 (pure JB vendor): http://d-h.st/Rox Changelog of Beta 4: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=38346884&postcount=11023
Beta 3 (pure JB vendor): http://d-h.st/9za Changelog of Beta 3: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=38211596&postcount=10865
Beta 2 (pure JB vendor): http://d-h.st/PKK Changelog of Beta 2: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=38165645&postcount=10793
Beta 1 (pure JB vendor): http://d-h.st/DHl Changelog of Beta 1: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=38099251&postcount=10650
Alpha 9 (pure JB vendor): http://d-h.st/xbI - Changelog of Alpha 9: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=38020051&postcount=10514
Alpha 8 (pure JB vendor): http://d-h.st/aHa - Changelog of Alpha 8: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=37993729&postcount=10482
Alpha 7: http://d-h.st/OO7 - the last alpha with MHL still working (with the known portrait mode bug). Alpha 8 will break it! Read changelog in alpha 8
Alpha 6: http://d-h.st/EwY
Alpha 5: http://d-h.st/IlA
Alpha 4: http://d-h.st/TgD
Alpha 3: http://d-h.st/S81
Alpha 2: http://d-h.st/tLm (kernel 2.6.39 last build, with older hboot support)
Fixed camera app (Gallery2.apk) to take pictures while in video recording: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=37589103&postcount=9760
Boot.img (secure=0): http://d-h.st/mvG - Updated feb-03 to fix Torch
Gorbi's build with 3.1.10 kernel, pure JB firmware and kernel: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=37674660&postcount=9938 - for new hboot only!
- Synced to upstream (Feb-13)
- Added ROW io scheduler as default (gorbi cherry-picked and merged) - kernel (boot.img) change
- Fixed run parts for /system/etc/init.d scripts (sysinit) - ramdisk fix
- Added uhid.ko for userspace Human Interface Design using apps (gorbi cherry-picked and submitted) - kernel (boot.img) change
- Added backlight-HDR mode to camera scenes (gorbi's camerawrapper magic)
- synced to upstream (feb-11)
- USB tethering fixed (ramdisk fix, so boot.img included is needed, or repack your favorite kernel with this A6's boot.img's ramdik)
- Added Thömy's fix for proximity sensor getting false-alarmed in low light conditions (please test if you're phoning a lot in darker rooms , kernel fix, so boot.img included is needed for this to apply )
- Gorbi's USB-OTG merged, please test
- sdcard separated again, moving away from Fused internal storage concept. (Still needs MTP, but we try to resolve this so it could be used as usb mass storage later). You will need to migrate your sdcard/0 folder back if coming from A1 to A4 or any ROM that used /0 as emulated mountpoint, in recovery!! http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=37814278&postcount=10175
- wifi fixed (wpa_supplicant.conf in place)
- still with Wifi direct (p2p)
- GPS conf updated to use international NTP pool (thanks Wiretap for pointing this out!)
- BT seems to be stable now, pls test
- Wifi-direct added (wifi p2p)
- Synced to upstream Feb-09
- Upgraded to HTC's JB kernel 3.1.10 (HBOOT 1.28 now is requirement to install A3)
- Wifi signal improvement with the new kernel
- Torch crash fixed (boot.img)
- Wifi tether fixed
- Bluetooth is not dodgy anymore.
If your wifi drops after a minute of phone sleep, check advanced settings in WiFi settings (press menu button to get there), and check this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=37538877&postcount=9680 (tick off Wifi Optimization and Avoid poor connections)
Going back to 4.1.2 (CM10) or going to newer builds from A1-A4, sdcard:
If you go back to your old 4.1 backup from A1 to A4 (not A5+!) or going to newer betas/cm-10.1 nightlies : Do not forget to re-flash your 'old' or new boot.img.
Also note that you'll have to move your migrated data from /sdcard/0/ back to /sdcard/ (CWM doesn't know about /sdcard/0/ yet).
This can be done via (while booted in CWM):
adb shell cd /sdcard/0/ mv * ../ mv .* ../ cd .. rmdir 0
-----------===== CM 10 stable official weeklies part =====------------
CM 10 stable official weekly builds:
http://get.cm/?device=endeavoru (- since 2012 october 28 SOD and low power freqs fixed)
GAPPS http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip gapps mirror http://www28.zippyshare.com/view.jsp?locale=pl&key=349151
YouTube for jellybean: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1529715
Issues: (we always keep this list up to date!)
- Occasional soft-reboots with GPS On + Facebook ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=29651949&postcount=2184 )
- (in cm10) WiFi direct doesnt work, so disabled in rom - (in cm10.1 wifi direct works)
- MHL output is rotated incorrectly to portrait in horizontal mode (but workaround added since alpha 8 for hw decoded videos/youtube. Use bsplayer from playstore, almost all videos play with it in correct rotation in hwoverlay)
- No FM radio app in ROM. But Spirit FM works from market (it's commercial!)
- Some paid apps loses settings/acconts due to this android jellybean problem: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=34880 Solution is to backup with Titanium Backup and restore to internal memory, not to sd
- You tell
Mostly everything else, including games (touchscreen), camera/camcorder
If sometimes the build system produces broken packages to mirrors accidentally,then use the previous day's nightly. Computers can derp, so you can expect that too. Like 168mb installer is 9.7mb if you download it...check previous day then.
Changes are tracked here: http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#endeavoru/cm10/next
Prenightly Test 1 - based on official CyanogenMod repos merged/squashed from TeamNDVRu, thanks Gorbi for his patches and build, and uploading
Beta 2 - TeamNDVRu repository
Installer http://www23.zippyshare.com/v/14978986/file.html 20120915
Installer http://www27.zippyshare.com/v/19478215/file.html 20120905
Alpha 1 (installer didnt change in alpha 1 v2, only boot.img)
Installer http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/16351972/file.html MD5: 00412297cf9b9b4fc9ff7beb47e7fe8a . 20120807
Boot image v2 (multitouch fix) http://d-h.st/Yic -not same as included in installer zip (changed from alpha1 v1 boot.img! )
Preview 12v2 Installer http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/99176730/file.html MD5: 1ffcebe09448e8ebb1b327aac5401d71. 20120804
Boot image http://d-h.st/G15 -same as included in installer zip (changed from p11 )
Preview 1 MD5: 98ad227f153da6ef51d027462a2637b0 20120720.
Boot image without sweep2wake (recommended, stable): http://d-h.st/VWN
If you have mobile data issues, you can try to flash these after ROM installer. We can't include all at once, the one in our build generally works for us, but still it might help some: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1689679
Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!
Submit your device/device kernel related patches here to gerrit through repo upload or whatever way you generally prefer:
About new HBOOTs (bootloader)
For cm10!! -- If you're on hboot 1.23, 1.28 or 1.31
Mdeejay's boot.img for newer HBOOTs http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=33891546&postcount=8627
--- on CM10.1 you need to have newer hboot upgraded on your phone and you can use the boot.img included in cm10.1 alphas - hboot 1.28 or above is supported.
Join us on IRC #TeamNDVRu @ freenode