[ROM][official] HTC OneX CyanogenMod 10.1 (4.2) release

Search This thread

floepie

Feb 28, 2006
Amsterdam
Just a couple notes in comparison with ICJ. CM10 seems to run even faster and smoothly, also evidenced with consistently higher benchmarks all the while more conservative with battery usage. Complements!

However, the device will occasionally not wake with a power button push. Not a big deal, but worth mentioning?

Will a "center clock" be an available option as with previous CM versions? With my limited knowledge, these superficial options would seem to be the easiest to implement, no?

mattman83

Jan 19, 2011
Brisbane
Just a couple notes in comparison with ICJ. CM10 seems to run even faster and smoothly, also evidenced with consistently higher benchmarks all the while more conservative with battery usage. Complements!

However, the device will occasionally not wake with a power button push. Not a big deal, but worth mentioning?

Will a "center clock" be an available option as with previous CM versions? With my limited knowledge, these superficial options would seem to be the easiest to implement, no?

No idea on centre clock, but the not waking stuff should be fixed very soon. I believe fixes for it were merged just today!

M.

Reactions: floepie

bassmadrigal

Jun 4, 2010
Newport News, Virginia
bassmadrigal.com

With this being an official CM10 nightly build now, any features like that have to be approved by the CM team itself, not the device maintainers like tbalden and mdeejay. If they want to, our devs can submit a patch to CM to have it included, but it is up to the core CM team if they want to accept it (which would then make it available on all official CM10 nightly builds). I believe a patch has already been submitted by someone else and with an earlier build one of our devs cherry-picked it and released it as one of the preview/alpha/beta releases, but since this is an official build now, it isn't possible to do that unless someone cherry-picks it and releases it separately.

EDIT: Turns out there are three separate people who have submitted patches for this, and none seem to be readily accepted by the dev team. This one seems to have the most activity (2 patches, one for the framework and another for the system settings - both contain relevant info in the comments).

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/19941/
http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/19902/

Last edited:

floepie

Feb 28, 2006
Amsterdam
With this being an official CM10 nightly build now, any features like that have to be approved by the CM team itself, not the device maintainers like tbalden and mdeejay. If they want to, our devs can submit a patch to CM to have it included, but it is up to the core CM team if they want to accept it (which would then make it available on all official CM10 nightly builds). I believe a patch has already been submitted by someone else and with an earlier build one of our devs cherry-picked it and released it as one of the preview/alpha/beta releases, but since this is an official build now, it isn't possible to do that unless someone cherry-picks it and releases it separately.

EDIT: Turns out there are three separate people who have submitted patches for this, and none seem to be readily accepted by the dev team. This one seems to have the most activity (2 patches, one for the framework and another for the system settings - both contain relevant info in the comments).

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/19941/
http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/19902/

Thanks for the explanation. That ties some loose ends in terms of how this process works with the core team. One of those above is abandoned and the other just a resubmit from the same dev. The last comment was from the end of August, so it looks like it won't be happening anytime soon. Just goes to show you how conservative these guys are in terms of a simple UI change with respect to their comments and even some misunderstandings of such a "simple" option. Even still, both CM7 and CM9 had this option, so I'm not understanding their fuss. But, cheers anyway to all their hard work beyond this.

Chezbel

Jan 16, 2011
Taipei
Hm...my own build with the latest commits doesn't boot. Reverting back to the 2012-10-01 build...

I had the same problem earlier today, but to be honest it's pretty amazing that doesn't happen more often when building the latest checked in code. That just shows there are a lot of talented and careful people pushing changes :)

mattman83

Jan 19, 2011
Brisbane
Even still, both CM7 and CM9 had this option, so I'm not understanding their fuss. But, cheers anyway to all their hard work beyond this.

I think CM10 are trying to get back a bit closer to AOSP... less switches and toggles and randomness. With AOKP out nowadays with their millions of options (a bit like CM7) i guess the move is to go a bit more basic and a bit more stable again.

M.

zopostyle

Oct 31, 2008
São Paulo
bzphost.com
I think CM10 are trying to get back a bit closer to AOSP... less switches and toggles and randomness. With AOKP out nowadays with their millions of options (a bit like CM7) i guess the move is to go a bit more basic and a bit more stable again.

M.

OK, but I think that they would stabilize all features that we have noe, and then start to make more options to we personalize ours roms, otherwise less and less users will use due to options that others have...most of us prefer more features that some are working, that nothing but everything working..

Chezbel

Jan 16, 2011
Taipei
Hm...my own build with the latest commits doesn't boot. Reverting back to the 2012-10-01 build...

I had the same problem earlier today, but to be honest it's pretty amazing that doesn't happen more often when building the latest checked in code. That just shows there are a lot of talented and careful people pushing changes :)

Try doing a 'make clobber' before building. That solved the problem for me.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone