[ROM] Official HTC OTA 2.2 Update to Froyo for the EVO! (Not rooted yet)

Search This thread

DevilStrider

Jan 8, 2008
DevilStrider -- maybe you should have listened to HTC and not installed it because it's not official yet. You obviously have no ****ing clue what you're doing, so please just shut the **** up.

What ever simp. I flashed all my other roms no problem. This is the only one that gave me a issue.

bprinehart

Jun 6, 2010
Ferndale, MD
Ok everytime i try to download a app in the market my restarts. Now it just went ...

Dude if you can still boot your phone, and haven't totally borked your bootloader, you may want to just try whitslacks one shot stock root method. And then
quit while you're ahead. You're treading on dangerous ground my friend, flash one wrong file and you'll be stuck with a phone that won't boot. Speaking from experience.

DevilStrider

Jan 8, 2008
Dude if you can still boot your phone, and haven't totally borked your bootloader, you may want to just try whitslacks one shot stock root method. And then
quit while you're ahead. You're treading on dangerous ground my friend, flash one wrong file and you'll be stuck with a phone that won't boot. Speaking from experience.

I feel you. I got insurance.

LordDavon

Jan 14, 2004
Hopefully when the full OFFICIAL ROM comes out, those of us that did update will still be able to use the OTA to update. I don't see why not since the version is going to be higher than the one we installed. Either way, moving apps to the SD card has freed quite a bit of storage on the phone.

Plus, I have had my SD card corrupted several times even after the previous "fix". I hope that really got fixed this time!

AndroidFileHost

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 10, 2010
Texas
any luck on getting this into a (RUU) pc36img. My evo is all screwed up and wont charge/use usb cause of a mistake i made and until i get a new bootloader and stuff im stuck with a device i cant root. I download the official unrooted update today but my device loads for a bit and i can use it then freezes and reboots.

Last about 25 seconds before it reboots.

I was running stock 1.47 and just did update to 2.2 but it keeps rebooting. Any help?

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2008
Miami, Fl
I did updated to this new one. everything is fine and working, but I actually had my first issue, camera or video camera not working.
Now as I was reading, probably doing a factory reset will solve my issues, but i don't wanna lose my apps and info. Any idea how can I fix this camera issue?
If not, please suggest the best backup app you think I could use.
Thanks and great thread.

Mar 11, 2008
Miami, Fl
Nevermind about the camera issue, now in the morning I tried and it worked perfectly. Probably the camera wont work if it is in too dark enviroment, I'll test that later.
BTW, what the friend bf said is that the froyo was already rooted or he was asking about?

lovethexi23

Feb 19, 2009
Saint Louis
I did updated to this new one. everything is fine and working, but I actually had my first issue, camera or video camera not working.
Now as I was reading, probably doing a factory reset will solve my issues, but i don't wanna lose my apps and info. Any idea how can I fix this camera issue?
If not, please suggest the best backup app you think I could use.
Thanks and great thread.

you are gonna loose apps anyway.

some apps arent showing up in the market and seem to be causing conflcts in the phone.

Just factory reset and download the apps that are still available. (I just took pics of my old phone with the evo to sell on ebay....so yea, everythings working)

aamikam

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 14, 2008
Champaign
Nevermind about the camera issue, now in the morning I tried and it worked perfectly. Probably the camera wont work if it is in too dark enviroment, I'll test that later.
BTW, what the friend bf said is that the froyo was already rooted or he was asking about?

when u tried to work the camera... any chance u were in diskdrive mode?
cuz that would make it not work.

bthessel

Jun 28, 2008
massive battery drain, 100% Awake time

I am seeing massive battery drain after installing this, 100% awake time and I am loosing about 2% charge per minute. I did not do any factory reset before installing, do we think that would help?

AndroidFileHost

Jun 10, 2010
Texas
Can some help me? After update the phone reboots everytime it loads up. Powers on and I can use the phone for about 25 sec then it reboots. Does this over and over.

Thanks

meatless

Jun 22, 2010
Can some help me? After update the phone reboots everytime it loads up. Powers on and I can use the phone for about 25 sec then it reboots. Does this over and over.

Thanks

Mine was doing that as well with the leaked "beta" Froyo from yesterday. Mine seems to be stable now with only 3G (no GPS, bluetooth, etc). Try turning on airplane mode just to stabilize yourself -- if you have the same problem I had, airplane mode will make it stop rebooting. After that I turned on just 3G and left everything else off and it seems stable enough.

The only thing I know I had on before was GPS, so my (completely unscientific) guess is that there's a bug with it, but I don't know for sure.

AndroidFileHost

Jun 10, 2010
Texas
Mine was doing that as well with the leaked "beta" Froyo from yesterday. Mine seems to be stable now with only 3G (no GPS, bluetooth, etc). Try turning on airplane mode just to stabilize yourself -- if you have the same problem I had, airplane mode will make it stop rebooting. After that I turned on just 3G and left everything else off and it seems stable enough.

The only thing I know I had on before was GPS, so my (completely unscientific) guess is that there's a bug with it, but I don't know for sure.
still rebooting :(

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone