[ROM] Official HTC OTA 2.2 Update to Froyo for the EVO! (Not rooted yet)

Search This thread

AndroidFileHost

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 10, 2010
Texas
done it many times no luck. most of the time i try and reinstall i get a signature verification failed. download a few times. tried to use the rooted zip but get signature errors too.

Last edited:

spencelk

Jan 11, 2010
When I go to system updates in HTC update it tells me my phone is up to date isn't it pose to let me update if I "tell" it to? Sorry if this is already posted but these 2.2 threads have exploded and are huge

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

v_lestat

Jul 11, 2010
ya know maybe HTC pulled it for a reason.....
if more and more people are not getting the update manually.... maybe it's wise to just wait.... 3 days isnt going to kill anyone

meatless

Jun 22, 2010
anyone know how to fix the reboot loop. tried to redo the update and wipe data but no luck. tried everything. stuck with no phone :(

I had the reboot loop bad last night but it hasn't rebooted at all so far today. The only things I can think that I did were:

-Put it in airplane mode then turn only mobile network back on (which didn't work for you)
-Trashed all of the widgets on all of the home screens (I hate the sense widgets)

Other than that, I haven't really changed anything... installed a few apps, but that's pretty much it.

AndroidFileHost

Jun 10, 2010
Texas
I had the reboot loop bad last night but it hasn't rebooted at all so far today. The only things I can think that I did were:

-Put it in airplane mode then turn only mobile network back on (which didn't work for you)
-Trashed all of the widgets on all of the home screens (I hate the sense widgets)

Other than that, I haven't really changed anything... installed a few apps, but that's pretty much it.
nope still reboots :'( took every icon/widget off.

Last edited:

LordDavon

Jan 14, 2004
i cant get the rooted update zip to work either. get errors when i try to install via recovery.

I am not sure the proper way to install it. You may need to have one of the recovery images installed.

I reinstalled the "official" update on my phone and it is running much better this time. I just left it alone for a while. I am wondering if I need to do a full wipe in order to get everything working perfectly. I haven't been able to get a 4G connection since I updated.

LD

AndroidFileHost

Jun 10, 2010
Texas
I am not sure the proper way to install it. You may need to have one of the recovery images installed.

I reinstalled the "official" update on my phone and it is running much better this time. I just left it alone for a while. I am wondering if I need to do a full wipe in order to get everything working perfectly. I haven't been able to get a 4G connection since I updated.

LD

no official Stock RUU 2.2 yet. THats what I need. Need to redo the whole hboot etc. I try to do the 1.47 RUU software and no luck. Wiped all data many times and have tried but no luck. Im stuck with a phone that likes to reboot after 30 sec. Not going to be fun without a phone

xraytech8704

Oct 24, 2009
just got my update a few hours ago, bakersfield ca. seem faster smoother, the only glitch was that the favorite contact save was blurry after the update. just have to redo them.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone