[ROM][OFFICIAL] HTC Turkish Update (ROM v1.61)

Search This thread

suicidal.banana

Jul 20, 2008
Thanks for the fast mirror on first post!
I will try the rom tomorrow or the day after (kinda too busy, and dont wanna rush this and do it wrong ofc) and report back here.

Just one question (seems reduntant but just to be sure) this isnt in any way a 'timebomb rom' right? i mean i really wanna fix the dreadful radio/sms issues, but not at the cost of my device randomly locking down a few weeks from now :p

oh wait another question, when htc comes with a official 1.61 (i know this is official, but like one for all countrys), will it be possible to update this version to that (bscly same) version? (mainly for the language, i understand english just fine, but still like my device to be my native language;dutch)

Thx for any info

citrix80

Aug 19, 2007
Actually it is enough to have the goldcard image only on your SD. Then, boot to bootloader screen and use the Windows updater via USB. I've had problems with the update image on memory card, so this is how I did it. It seems that Leo is picky about the memory card when doing firmware updates w/ goldcard.

you mean put the goldcard image file on SD card? what about the ROM image? and flash the ROM through pc ?

htctouchhd314

Dec 18, 2008
St. Louis
WWE still Turkish

Even though i chose the language English when i first booted the Rom some parts like in homescreen above the calendar is in turkish or a different language. Is it just my flash or do others also have this ?? By the garmin runs perfectly in this phone.

appelflap

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
Even though i chose the language English when i first booted the Rom some parts like in homescreen above the calendar is in turkish or a different language. Is it just my flash or do others also have this ?? By the garmin runs perfectly in this phone.

Hold your HD2 in the air and jump 3 times as high as you can. Then go to "Reginal Settings" in the control panel and change it to the language you like. :D

thetechnogeek

Aug 15, 2006
Hold your HD2 in the air and jump 3 times as high as you can. Then go to "Reginal Settings" in the control panel and change it to the language you like. :D

... or take the time to read the rest of this and other threads where the same question has been asked about half a dozen times. Sorry, couldn't resist, I'm in danger of joining the ranks of people that grumble when someone asks a "I'm too lazy to search" question

Xaddict

May 15, 2009
Sydney
Microsoft the enemy?

I am no fan of Microsofts, but I am of HTC.
However, MS are not the ogres they once were.
MS has copped lots of bashing for WM(not really fair) and HTC could easily go with Android, so MS needs HTC as a partner.
They can't afford to throw their weight around any more.
You know that HTC is bound by a monster named "microsoft". So those things are not something that HTC can do anything about. If Microsoft let them, they will do that. You have to remember that it is Microsoft that is the enemy not HTC. :)

tomasz

Jan 4, 2006
Utrecht Region
I can't find "Reginal Settings" in the control panel, perhaps one has the Royalty ROM? ;)

Have you looked at the windows control panel, or just at the sense settings tab?

From the settings tab, tap "menu", then tap "more" and go to "system".
Regional Settings should be here.

Edit... Argh, damned you got me. Completely missed the missing "o" and the Royalty-link. :D

suicidal.banana

Jul 20, 2008
You can find it in
Start -> Settings (then it opens the manila settings) Menu (bottom right) -> More -> System

(if your not running manila then you dont have to do menu -> more, itll go to the needed 'page of settings' straight away from start menu link)

citrix80

Aug 19, 2007
Actually it is enough to have the goldcard image only on your SD. Then, boot to bootloader screen and use the Windows updater via USB. I've had problems with the update image on memory card, so this is how I did it. It seems that Leo is picky about the memory card when doing firmware updates w/ goldcard.

its still not working. I put use Qmat to write goldcard image to SD card. then boot into bootloader, start flash from activesync. still the same result. :(

i dont know the problem with the SD card or the phone. I tried 2 different cards. those are the only ones i have. I totally give up on this. I guess I have to wait official release for this ROM. :mad:

fards

its still not working. I put use Qmat to write goldcard image to SD card. then boot into bootloader, start flash from activesync. still the same result. :(

i dont know the problem with the SD card or the phone. I tried 2 different cards. those are the only ones i have. I totally give up on this. I guess I have to wait official release for this ROM. :mad:

has windows installed the drivers to recognize the device in bootloader mode?
want to carry this on via PM? see if I can help

immyl

Dec 18, 2009
London
hi guys
not sure if i am missing something here but i followed the instructions on how to install a rom using the goldcard and this ROM installed effortlessly so thank you to all those that wrote the guides and provided the files

my HD2 is much better without ThiefMobile stealing all the goodies such as messenger and copilot - i mean seriously, wHY?

wmfreak

Mar 23, 2008
oradea
it turns out to be so much easier using active sync

This is how I've done it and it's my third rom in 5 days.
1. Format you micro SD to FAT32 using a USB card reader, not quick format preferably
2. Read CID from your SD with Qmat while connected with active sync
3. Get Gold Card using QMat with the CID obtained, you should have in 2 min
4. Write GoldCard image to SD using Write Image in Qmat, while connected using active sync
5. Run the stock ROM of your choice form your desktop and you're done!!!

WORKS LIKE A CHARM

MY HD2 - east european unbranded

turborider

Dec 1, 2009
North London
Rom 1.61 HTC Stock TUR-WWE

hi,can someone tell me What EXtras Did They ADD In HTC HD2(LEO)ROM :1.61.468.1 (74237) WWE couse i havent seen it at all just Rom 1.61 HTC Stock TUR-WWE and thats it:confused:

turborider

Dec 1, 2009
North London

they put

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the first Stock Rom from the 1.6xxxx series

when it starts you can choice between turkish or english!

I flashed it with goldcard - no problems

Please !!!!
do not flash this on to other devices - it is only for LEO/HD2

for flashing goldcard is needed - read in the stickys!!!

but? thats it and nothing else like they put Flash Player Silverlight ect

anja31

May 7, 2007
Oh come on now!

This is a normal WWE rom with turkish language cab, new radio, some new drivers, a few new pakets in it and also the hotfix for sms and camera.

So nothing special :)

fards

hi,can someone tell me What EXtras Did They ADD In HTC HD2(LEO)ROM :1.61.468.1 (74237) WWE couse i havent seen it at all just Rom 1.61 HTC Stock TUR-WWE and thats it:confused:

what didn't you notice the dancing girls? the spaceship build instructions and the offer of 1,000,000 USD hidden inside /windows?

damn maybe it was just my rom :p

as Anja says it's a rom.

think a little bit before posting pointless questions please..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It has been written a thousand times: check your local/regional settings...