• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][I01WD][9] LineageOS 16.0

Search This thread

isthisadagger

Aug 22, 2015
- Is it possible to customise the assistant button?
- I guess I would have to install the Asus camera to use most functionality. Can I use other camera apps?
- Any major bugs?

- Afaik no. Luca said something about los17. I have not looked into apps, Xposed, magisk modules on this, so there might be a way.
- Yes. I tried gcam and it worked although the timing of the flash was off but I did not look into that because the Asus cam works great.
- The only thing not working for me is vpn tethering which was added in the 20190821 build, so it is pretty fresh.

---------- Post added at 02:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 AM ----------

Tried both (is 2 minutes long enough?) and nothing.
Did you follow the same/similar process and got the black screen after hitting reboot?
I flashed a lot and a lot of different roms in different ways so I don't remember when exactly it happened. In the last few weeks I had to take out the sim card on 3 occasions to be able to start the phone again. After starting it I could insert the sim again and it would behave normally. You seem to have a different problem. 2 minutes is not necessary?

Reactions: S4turno

johnmolyneux

Sep 7, 2018
Is it adb reboot sideload while in recovery or Android? The latter is proper.

Just trying to understand the "adb reboot sideload" instruction in the wiki.lineageos.org/devices/I01WD/install page.

Booting the new system after the lineage sideload and trying it in Android gives:-
% adb reboot sideload
'adb root' is required for 'adb reboot sideload'.

But then:-
% adb root
adbd cannot run as root in production builds

Anyone able to explain what I'm doing wrong?

Also this isn't the reason why Gapps fails

Just hoping that the reason that gapps fails is known and there is a fix on the way...

johnmolyneux

Sep 7, 2018
Finally worked out how to get gapps installed. Should have taken luca020400's hint and used his version of gapps, as the current versions on the open_gapps site all failed for me. If one is sideloading additional zips, then they must be done in a particular order: first Magisk, then asuscamera, finally open_gapps.

So thanks to luca020400 - now enjoying lineageos.

Last edited:

Warrentheo

Aug 30, 2016
I am having difficulty with the initial installation and need some help...
1. I wiped phone...
2. Used latest Asus bootloader unlocker, and rebooted phone...
3. Used fastboot boot to softboot into recovery...
4. I used the softrecovery to install TWRP 3.3.1-19 Unofficial Installer by mauronofrio
5. Recovery install worked, and I can reboot the phone into recovery at will now...
6. I attempted to use that recovery to install lineage-16.0-20190907-nightly-I01WD-signed.zip both from either the SD card, or with sideload, both immediately fail, with the SD card showing:
Code:
Installing zip file '/sdcard1/lineage-16.0-20190907-nightly-I01WD-signed.zip'
Checking for Digest file...
[COLOR="Red"]Error installing zip file '/sdcard1/lineage-16.0-20190907-nightly-I01WD-signed.zip'[/COLOR]
Updateing partrition details...
...done

Any help would be appreciated :)

Warrentheo

Aug 30, 2016
Boot bootloader, flash los recovery, reboot to recovery (los)
Flash LOS, flash twrp_installer
boot recovery (twrp)
flash magisk (if?), gapps, asus camera.
That's it.

I used the instruction on https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/I01WD/install to install the recovery...

Code:
5. Temporarily flash a recovery on your device by typing:
fastboot flash boot <recovery_filename>.img
and ran this in fastboot mode:
Code:
fastboot flash boot lineage-16.0-20190907-recovery-I01WD.img

Now the phone boots into the fastboot screen, and will not reboot into recovery :crying:

Attempting the same steps I just used to get me booted into softrecovery also no longer works
Code:
>>>fastboot boot twrp-installer-fastboot-3.3.1-0-I01WD.img
Sending 'boot.img' (22592 KB)                      OKAY [  0.569s]
Booting                                            FAILED (remote: 'Failed to load/authenticate boot image: Load Error')
fastboot: error: Command failed
Code:
>>>fastboot boot lineage-16.0-20190907-recovery-I01WD.img
Sending 'boot.img' (98304 KB)                      OKAY [  2.395s]
Booting                                            FAILED (remote: 'Failed to load/authenticate boot image: Load Error')
fastboot: error: Command failed

Fastboot commands (reboot and such) seem to still be working, but now I can't get into recovery at all... Have I bricked my phone?

trashographer

May 18, 2019
Have I bricked my phone?

don't worry
download full stock ROM.zip
use payload_dumper to extract images from payload.bin (in ROM.zip)
(google payload_dumper for windows, I use linux)
You will get many IMG files in output folder
flash boot.img system.img vendor.img (maybe only boot is enough to everything will work)
fastboot flash boot boot.img
and so on
had this issue 2 times and unbricked my zf6 with LOS

After you flash stock images, use fastboot flash boot lineage_recovery

Last edited:
Reactions: Warrentheo

isthisadagger

Aug 22, 2015
Have I bricked my phone?
If you try again, don't use any of the available twrps to install lineage.
The official twrp has problems with decryption, mauronofrios twrp can not flash lineage but works with stock and omni as does Micky's.
You can use twrp after to flash gapps magisk etc. but beware that nandroid backup/restore will not work reliably.

Warrentheo

Aug 30, 2016
don't worry
download full stock ROM.zip
use payload_dumper to extract images from payload.bin (in ROM.zip)
(google payload_dumper for windows, I use linux)
You will get many IMG files in output folder
flash boot.img system.img vendor.img (maybe only boot is enough to everything will work)
fastboot flash boot boot.img
and so on
had this issue 2 times and unbricked my zf6 with LOS

After you flash stock images, use fastboot flash boot lineage_recovery

This got me back to the original issue at least, so thank you for that :)
I was able to eventually get LOS Recovery installed, but was never able to get LOS itself installed from there, First try it said it sideloaded the LOS zip correctly, but seems to have only half loaded the open GApps, then asked if I want to install it anyway with a failed check of the file... Several combinations after that failed to install even the LOS zip again... There may be an issue with my cable/setup, was troubleshooting to figure it out...

If you try again, don't use any of the available twrps to install lineage.
The official twrp has problems with decryption, mauronofrios twrp can not flash lineage but works with stock and omni as does Micky's.
You can use twrp after to flash gapps magisk etc. but beware that nandroid backup/restore will not work reliably.

Good to know that, thank you :)

At this point though, while making various attempts, I managed to try a combination that apparently put the phone into an infinite loading screen trying to boot into stock, and never gets past it... Need to hard reboot the phone to get back to fastboot mode, but the phone is no longer responding to the power button... So I either need to unseal the phone to unplug the battery (I just ordered 2 extra glue strips for the phone, but they are on back order for a week), or wait for a 100% battery to die :rolleyes: I guess we will have a race for which one will happen first :crying:

Thank you both for your help though... :good:

Last edited:

isthisadagger

Aug 22, 2015
At this point though, while making various attempts, I managed to try a combination that apparently put the phone into an infinite loading screen trying to boot into stock, and never gets past it... Need to hard reboot the phone to get back to fastboot mode, but the phone is no longer responding to the power button... So I either need to unseal the phone to unplug the battery (I just ordered 2 extra glue strips for the phone, but they are on back order for a week), or wait for a 100% battery to die :rolleyes: I guess we will have a race for which one will happen first :crying:
Press and hold power + volume down until it reboots. When the screen turns black (reboot starts) switch to holding power + volume up to enter fastboot.

Warrentheo

Aug 30, 2016
Press and hold power + volume down until it reboots. When the screen turns black (reboot starts) switch to holding power + volume up to enter fastboot.

Horray, this got me rebooted and I was able to get LOS recovery installed, and from that I got LOS installed, but not OpenGApps, and not Magisk, and not Asus Camera... Do I need to LOS Recovery-->Install LOS-->Softboot into TWRP Recovery-->Install the remaining items then reboot? I will experiment further tomorrow...

Warrentheo

Aug 30, 2016
Horray, this got me rebooted and I was able to get LOS recovery installed, and from that I got LOS installed, but not OpenGApps, and not Magisk, and not Asus Camera... Do I need to LOS Recovery-->Install LOS-->Softboot into TWRP Recovery-->Install the remaining items then reboot? I will experiment further tomorrow...

I attempted to get this to work, If I install them by sideloading with LOS Recovery, they fail the checks, I install anyway, they say success, but when I boot into LOS, it acts like they were never installed...

When I install LOS with LOS recovery, then soft boot into TWRP, and use it to try and install them, it proceeds like it worked, but at the very last it says "Updating Partition" then "Error, Vendor partition not accessible"

The installation instructions https://wiki.lineageos.org/gapps.html shows that it should be able to be installed somehow, but with either MindTheGaps or OpenGApps, either under LOS recovery or TWRP, I have not been able to get it to install... Is there something I am missing?

trashographer

May 18, 2019
I attempted to get this to work, If I install them by sideloading with LOS Recovery, they fail the checks, I install anyway, they say success, but when I boot into LOS, it acts like they were never installed...

When I install LOS with LOS recovery, then soft boot into TWRP, and use it to try and install them, it proceeds like it worked, but at the very last it says "Updating Partition" then "Error, Vendor partition not accessible"

The installation instructions https://wiki.lineageos.org/gapps.html shows that it should be able to be installed somehow, but with either MindTheGaps or OpenGApps, either under LOS recovery or TWRP, I have not been able to get it to install... Is there something I am missing?

So I had troubles today, while recovering my A slot. And bricked both slots.
The problem was with LOS recovery 0908, but 0907 versions worked fine.
boot mauronofrio twrp
flash mauronofrio installer
Flash full stock zip
then change slot in twrp and flash stock.zip again
Then bootloader, flash LOS recovery 0907, change slot via fastboot and flash los recovery again, boot recovery, wipe system. Flash LOS 0907 (not newer, will get error system newer then smth). Reboot recovery and again wipe system and flash LOS (it should be another slot after reboot). So you will have LOS on both slots. Flash twrp from los recovery, reboot recovery, Flash magisk, gapps and asus camera from twrp. Change slot from twrp reboot menu. Flash magisk, gapps. You will have both working slots and ready to OTA updates.

HAHA, magisk notified me this morning that was not installed to slot A :D
Had to reflash it via twrp and ok. Weird. I flashed it to both slots.

Last edited:

MentalEdge

Sep 15, 2016
Hi!
I have been trying to get LOS installed, it does boot, but it keeps crashing.

My process was to flash LOS recovery in fastboot, boot to it, then flash LOS using adb sideload, followed by a reboot of the recovery, then magisk, asuscam, and lastly luca's gapps.
I have done this a few times over now and the phone no longer recognizes a sim card nor finds wi-fi networks, and reboots unpredictably before I even get to the OS (not that I can get past setup without internet).

What can I do to get a working install, what info can I provide to help you help me?
The AB system has me very confused, while the various install guides conflict and fail to clarify steps.

trachyte

Nov 9, 2015
Just an unhelpful bug report: when I install LOS (either through LOS recovery + adb sideload, or using TWRP), I get stuck at the LOS boot animation looping forever. Tried LOS 20190907 and 20190910.

I've never found a way of debugging a phone when it's stuck at the boot animation, so there's not much other info I can provide.

OrdenKrieger

Dec 25, 2012
Just an unhelpful bug report: when I install LOS (either through LOS recovery + adb sideload, or using TWRP), I get stuck at the LOS boot animation looping forever. Tried LOS 20190907 and 20190910.

I've never found a way of debugging a phone when it's stuck at the boot animation, so there's not much other info I can provide.

Did you try factory resetting the device with the recovery?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps/addons
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Boot to recovery again
    • Flash gapps/addons
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the ASUS ZenFone 6 (2019)

Contributors
    luca020400
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie

Version Information

Created 2019-07-11
    Last Updated 2019-08-19
    New lineage-16.0-20190801-UNOFFICIAL-I01WD.zip build is up
    Adds support for HDR and Wide Color Gamut and fixes AVRCP ( Bluetooth ) controls
    New build lineage-16.0-20190722-UNOFFICIAL-I01WD is up
    Requires UL-ASUS_I01WD-ASUS-16.1220.1906.167-1.1.1-user firmware
    Updates kernel, improves audio, improves mobile data
    New lineage-16.0-20190725-UNOFFICIAL-I01WD.zip build is up
    Improve support for Lineage Recovery, add FM Radio support, improves GPS performance ( enables IZAT )
    New build is up
    Fixes some decoder issues ( Twitch/Reddit works now ), enables call recording for allowed countries and you can now force old apps to be displayed at full-screen ( 18:9 )

Another build is up
    No real changes to end-user

Starting from next build UL-ASUS_I01WD-ASUS-16.1220.1906.167-1.1.1-user firmware will be required.