• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][I01WD][9] LineageOS 16.0

Search This thread

135Shadowsoul

Jun 7, 2013
Hello every1,

im thinking about getting a Zenfone 6 as my next device, but i still have some questions related to this LOS version, i hope you can answer :)
1. possible to pass SN (and for example play Pokemon Go) with magisk installed?
2. i think some kind of privacy guard (on my old Samsung s4, its called "Trust") is implemented?
3. is it possible to hide the GPS icon in status bar (even if GPS is in use?)
4. what navigartion methods are included? only gestures? or any kind of customization software buttons of nav-bar? (on my current lg g6 havoc rom there is "SmartBar" with nearly fully customizable configuration of nav-bar)
5. how about clock position in status bar?
6. network traffic indicator in statusbar? if yes, position?
7. besides fingerprint as security, is there lock screen pattern with differenz sizes?
8. what hardware versions are supported? especially the different RAM versions
9. is it save enough to stick on TWRP and wich version is recommend? there are 2 different threads...
10. maybe more incoming^^

G

GuestD2054

Hello every1,

im thinking about getting a Zenfone 6 as my next device, but i still have some questions related to this LOS version, i hope you can answer :)
1. possible to pass SN (and for example play Pokemon Go) with magisk installed?
2. i think some kind of privacy guard (on my old Samsung s4, its called "Trust") is implemented?
3. is it possible to hide the GPS icon in status bar (even if GPS is in use?)
4. what navigartion methods are included? only gestures? or any kind of customization software buttons of nav-bar? (on my current lg g6 havoc rom there is "SmartBar" with nearly fully customizable configuration of nav-bar)
5. how about clock position in status bar?
6. network traffic indicator in statusbar? if yes, position?
7. besides fingerprint as security, is there lock screen pattern with differenz sizes?
8. what hardware versions are supported? especially the different RAM versions
9. is it save enough to stick on TWRP and wich version is recommend? there are 2 different threads...
10. maybe more incoming^^

1. IDK, since I don't need it.
2. Yes. Its called Trust, too, can be found under settings -> security / location. It can handle some additional things, but most of the rights can be denied with the stock android permission system.
3. No. You can hide pretty much every other symbol from the status bar, but as soon, as an app accesses GPS, there is a symbol shown. If it's just activated but not used, there is no symbol.
4. Regularly there are the usual 3 buttons. You can swap back / recents, you can set the buttons to be closer to each other / to one side and you can customize long / double press of home + long press of recents button with about 10 different actions (menu, voice assistant, camera...). Additionally there is an option to replace the recents button with swiping up home.
5. You can choose between right or left, mid is not supported, sadly.
6. Yes, in the mid. With some options about the unit (kb/s, mb/s, kbit/s, mbit/s) and if it should hide if there's no traffic.
7. Yep, 3x3, 4x4, 5x5 or 6x6.
8. IDK, I use it with the 6 GB europe version.
9. Difficult question. @mauronofrio was the first one to create an (unofficial) TWRP which only supported the stock rom when it comes to userdata decryption (important for backup / recovery). When @luca020400 created the LineageOS, he used a flag at fstab (a file that tells the device how to mount the partitions) that wasn't used at / is incompatible with stock rom's way of data encryption.
Now @bigbiff has created another (official) TWRP that aims to support both ways of en- /decryption, but it still seem to have some problems (https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=80196300&postcount=31), at least I haven't got it to work so far.
Long story short: At the moment imho there is no reliable way to fully backup your lineage-running phone. When bigbiff will have tracked down / fixed the bug, his TWRP will be the way to go since mauronofrio already stated that he won't support the LOS-way of encryption.

Last edited:

135Shadowsoul

Jun 7, 2013

thanks for the detailed answer! (i shortend your quote a bit^^)
about 1.: any1 else maybe could answer? or has an idea?
about 3.: is there any chance to "feature request"? if yes, where to? Lineage main devs? how to contact them best way?
about 3. again: i know, AICP (Pie) has implemented that GPS icon is hidden even during GPS in use
about 6.: any chance to get it on right side? currently on Havoc on my LG g6 and there network traffic is right side (and not hidden, even with 0up/0down)
new 10: is there any telegram/discord/whatever chat for 6z?
new 11: would you (asking every1 here owning a 6z) buy it again or not? :D
new 12: more question maybe incoming soon :)

G

GuestD2054

thanks for the detailed answer! (i shortend your quote a bit^^)
about 1.: any1 else maybe could answer? or has an idea?
about 3.: is there any chance to "feature request"? if yes, where to? Lineage main devs? how to contact them best way?
about 3. again: i know, AICP (Pie) has implemented that GPS icon is hidden even during GPS in use
about 6.: any chance to get it on right side? currently on Havoc on my LG g6 and there network traffic is right side (and not hidden, even with 0up/0down)
new 10: is there any telegram/discord/whatever chat for 6z?
new 11: would you (asking every1 here owning a 6z) buy it again or not? :D
new 12: more question maybe incoming soon :)

3. Main Lineage devs sound like a great idea, though Idk how to contact them (github feature request, maybe ?).
6. Not using the current settings afaik. Same as 3, I guess.
10. At one of the earlier pages of this thtead someone advertised a telegram group, but since I haven't joined it, I can't tell you if it's still existing / active.
11. Definately: Yes. Comming from a Huawei Mate 9, the only drawbacks for me are:
- non-16/9-screen (vids are always cropped or do have black borders, if they're 16/9, like 95 % of vids are)
- rounded corners (I use serveral apps that display information at the corners, which is cut / unreadable in most of them)
(- only usb c 2.0, so no video-out or thunderbolt funktionality)
Everything else:
- 5000 mAh battery
- expandable storage
- semi-fullscreen-display without any notch
- 3.5mm headphone connector
- bt 5.0, wifi ac
- manufacturer is supporting the developers
is positive imho.

135Shadowsoul

Jun 7, 2013
new 12: any known issues on this rom?
new 13: how about (icoming running gag from my lg g6 community) VoLTE :D
new 14: multicolor notification LED control? so can i set different color for each app? for example: telegram = blue, sms = green, mail = yellow, gmail = red/white and so on
new 15: maybe incoming

G

GuestD2054

new 12: any known issues on this rom?
new 13: how about (icoming running gag from my lg g6 community) VoLTE :D
new 14: multicolor notification LED control? so can i set different color for each app? for example: telegram = blue, sms = green, mail = yellow, gmail = red/white and so on
new 15: maybe incoming

12. There is a slight graphic bug (like a flash) that happens for about 1/5 sec if you rotate back from landscape to portrait mode.
The extra key (which is used for google assistant by default at stock rom) is not configurable, yet. Luca stated that he will implement that when updating to Android 10 / LOS 17.

14. The color is not configurable at all, it only supports green atm, which is kind of annoying, since it's very irritating seeing the notification LED blinking green if the device want's to signal low battery. For different apps it is possible to set the blinking speed / duration independently though.

Edit: I was wrong about that. The LED is red while charging.

Everything I write is about 20190905 (haven't updated further yet). So some things might have been fixed / implemented in the most recent version.

Last edited:

rockerdudelive

Jun 10, 2010
Just got the latest Official build installed and I am impressed. Fixed 2 of my biggest complaints about the Zenfone 6, wifi calling and Volte on Tmobile. Also the Asus camera zip that OP posted is literally the exact camera from the official rom and carries over all the features of the Flip camera. I love it!

Are you on TMobile in the United States? They actually got volte to work? And wifi calling? That is the only thing holding me back from this phone right now from picking one up.

cdudeman

Jun 5, 2010
Weatherford TX
I am on tmobile u.s. I went back to stock rom the day after I posted about volte and wifi calling because I was having a couple of issues. Another poster asked if I was really getting wifi calling or if there options were just enabled and I'm honestly not sure now. I may reinstall lineage soon and test more. Sorry for not being sure, I think I just got excited when I saw the options and they were enabled because that was the main reason I'm not 100% satisfied with this phone.

Reactions: rockerdudelive

rockerdudelive

Jun 10, 2010
I am on tmobile u.s. I went back to stock rom the day after I posted about volte and wifi calling because I was having a couple of issues. Another poster asked if I was really getting wifi calling or if there options were just enabled and I'm honestly not sure now. I may reinstall lineage soon and test more. Sorry for not being sure, I think I just got excited when I saw the options and they were enabled because that was the main reason I'm not 100% satisfied with this phone.

Haha no problem man. I just want volte. WiFi calling would be nice but I've never had it because I always flash custom ROMs and it never works. If you happen to reflash please let me know. Because if it's possible on one it's possible on others.

D

Deleted member 10113280

Just an unhelpful bug report: when I install LOS (either through LOS recovery + adb sideload, or using TWRP), I get stuck at the LOS boot animation looping forever. Tried LOS 20190907 and 20190910.

I've never found a way of debugging a phone when it's stuck at the boot animation, so there's not much other info I can provide.

Hi! I'm facing the same issue on LOS 20190926. I performed an OTA update and when I did a reboot, my phone is stuck on the boot animation. I had the LOS recovery 20190904.

@luca020400 Any suggestions? @trachyte How did you solve this issue?

EDIT: I had to do a factory reset to get the device back in a working state. Oh well, I won't do updates for now. The LOS recovery doesn't have the option to create nandroid backups and recovering all the data that's lost after a factory reset is a PITA considering I haven't backed it up on Google servers.

Last edited by a moderator:

wreid23

Jan 9, 2017
Hi! I'm facing the same issue on LOS 20190926. I performed an OTA update and when I did a reboot, my phone is stuck on the boot animation. I had the LOS recovery 20190904.

@luca020400 Any suggestions? @trachyte How did you solve this issue?

EDIT: I had to do a factory reset to get the device back in a working state. Oh well, I won't do updates for now. The LOS recovery doesn't have the option to create nandroid backups and recovering all the data that's lost after a factory reset is a PITA considering I haven't backed it up on Google servers.

This has kinda always been an issue with early phones in general try to avoid OTA's (until its confirmed they are working properly.) and download the full zip from the web , move to your sd and then flash via twrp.

D

Deleted member 10113280

This has kinda always been an issue with early phones in general try to avoid OTA's (until its confirmed they are working properly.) and download the full zip from the web , move to your sd and then flash via twrp.

I used the OTA method to update my phone because @luca020400 recommended it in this thread.
I won't update for now until things get stable.

jmerkin

Jul 29, 2012
won't turn on after install

During the install, I got the same issue as DMX1211, where the screen went black after step 8. I tried `$adb reboot` and it said "device unauthorized", so I pressed reboot on the screen. The screen went black and it won't turn on now. I tried holding power, vol up + power, vol down + power, and all three. Obviously not detected by `$fastboot devices` or `$adb devices`. How can I fix this?

What is your--
LineageOS version: 1004 nightly
LineageOS Download url: https://download.lineageos.org/I01WD
Gapps version: none

Did you--
wipe: yes, per the instructions
restore with titanium backup: no. no need
reboot after having the issue: I wish

Are you using--
a task killer: no
a non-stock kernel: no
other modifications: no

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version

Genim

Oct 10, 2019
I am having the exact same issue as jmerkin. Shut the phone off after step 8, doesnt turn back on ever since.
Would appreciate some help.

crzxn

Oct 10, 2019
I am having the exact same issue as jmerkin. Shut the phone off after step 8, doesnt turn back on ever since.
Would appreciate some help.

I am thinking about picking up a Zenphone 6 and loading Lineage 16 on it but this thread has me concerned and confused. I am not a newbie by any means, but it seems people are using different methods to flash 16 instead of using the directions from the LineageOS website. For instance, the previous poster referred to "Step 8" but step 8 on the Lineage instructions is

8. (Optional): Root your device by installing LineageOS’ AddonSU, (use the arm64 package) or by using any other method you prefer.

I am wondering if everyone is using the LineageOS instructions or something else., and also, wondering if anyone here has success loading 16 using just the instructions from the lineageOS website.

Thanks!

Genim

Oct 10, 2019
I am thinking about picking up a Zenphone 6 and loading Lineage 16 on it but this thread has me concerned and confused. I am not a newbie by any means, but it seems people are using different methods to flash 16 instead of using the directions from the LineageOS website. For instance, the previous poster referred to "Step 8" but step 8 on the Lineage instructions is

I am wondering if everyone is using the LineageOS instructions or something else., and also, wondering if anyone here has success loading 16 using just the instructions from the lineageOS website.

Thanks!

Did the official guide step by step, skipped the optional stuff though. Didnt work. Dunno if its bricked or what, as I am kind of the newbie here.

Reactions: wreid23 and crzxn

Genim

Oct 10, 2019
At what point did it fail?

Sideloaded the OS, which i think went fine. It put me back into the LOS recovery, so i did step 9, run: ‘adb reboot’. Which gave me the following error:
"error: Device unauthorized. This Adb server's $ADB_VENDOR_KEY is not set. Try ‘adb kill-server’ If that seems wrong. Otherwise check for a confirmation dialog on your device."
So i tapped "reboot" or "shutdown" (cant remember what it said) in the advanced tab of the recovery. The screen went black.
No key combiation turns the device back on. In the device manger it shows up as QUSB_BULK_CID:0404_....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps/addons
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Boot to recovery again
    • Flash gapps/addons
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the ASUS ZenFone 6 (2019)

Contributors
    luca020400
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie

Version Information

Created 2019-07-11
    Last Updated 2019-08-19
    New lineage-16.0-20190801-UNOFFICIAL-I01WD.zip build is up
    Adds support for HDR and Wide Color Gamut and fixes AVRCP ( Bluetooth ) controls
    New build lineage-16.0-20190722-UNOFFICIAL-I01WD is up
    Requires UL-ASUS_I01WD-ASUS-16.1220.1906.167-1.1.1-user firmware
    Updates kernel, improves audio, improves mobile data
    New lineage-16.0-20190725-UNOFFICIAL-I01WD.zip build is up
    Improve support for Lineage Recovery, add FM Radio support, improves GPS performance ( enables IZAT )
    New build is up
    Fixes some decoder issues ( Twitch/Reddit works now ), enables call recording for allowed countries and you can now force old apps to be displayed at full-screen ( 18:9 )

Another build is up
    No real changes to end-user

Starting from next build UL-ASUS_I01WD-ASUS-16.1220.1906.167-1.1.1-user firmware will be required.