• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][I01WD][9] LineageOS 16.0

Search This thread

crzxn

Oct 10, 2019
Sideloaded the OS, which i think went fine. It put me back into the LOS recovery, so i did step 9, run: ‘adb reboot’. Which gave me the following error:
"error: Device unauthorized. This Adb server's $ADB_VENDOR_KEY is not set. Try ‘adb kill-server’ If that seems wrong. Otherwise check for a confirmation dialog on your device."
So i tapped "reboot" or "shutdown" (cant remember what it said) in the advanced tab of the recovery. The screen went black.
No key combiation turns the device back on. In the device manger it shows up as QUSB_BULK_CID:0404_....

Sounds like you need to delete the keys on your computer?

(too new to post urls...)

stackoverflow (dot) com/questions/32132434/set-adb-vendor-keys/42052776#42052776

adb reboot should work after that.

Genim

Oct 10, 2019
Sounds like you need to delete the keys on your computer?

(too new to post urls...)

stackoverflow (dot) com/questions/32132434/set-adb-vendor-keys/42052776#42052776

adb reboot should work after that.

That may have worked before turning the phone off? But now 'adb devices' does not find the phone anymore. Can't edit any files on the phone either, as it doesn't show up in the windows explorer.

crzxn

Oct 10, 2019
That may have worked before turning the phone off? But now 'adb devices' does not find the phone anymore. Can't edit any files on the phone either, as it doesn't show up in the windows explorer.

No, I think it will work now and enable you to adb reboot. The computer will not let the command work becasue it is looking for a phone with the same keys. But sideloading changes the key signature.

Try it, what have you got to loose?

Genim

Oct 10, 2019
Try it, what have you got to loose?

Well, I did generate new keys and all, I just don't see how I would replace them on the phone, as I can not access the phones internal storage.
Tried connecting on a diffrent pc, where it does not show up in the windows explorer either, but in the Device Manager it's now labeled as "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008".

x86cpu

Aug 25, 2010
Rochester
Well, I did generate new keys and all, I just don't see how I would replace them on the phone, as I can not access the phones internal storage.
Tried connecting on a diffrent pc, where it does not show up in the windows explorer either, but in the Device Manager it's now labeled as "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008".

You can Google that. There are numerous numerous articles how to unbrick that. Even done Asus ones. No idea which at all would be applicable though. If you can get to fastboot (not adb) just extract all the images from the Asus fw zip one by one. I would assume before all this used the apk to unlock the bootloader. Good luck.

crzxn

Oct 10, 2019
You can Google that. There are numerous numerous articles how to unbrick that. Even done Asus ones. No idea which at all would be applicable though. If you can get to fastboot (not adb) just extract all the images from the Asus fw zip one by one. I would assume before all this used the apk to unlock the bootloader. Good luck.

Yes true. Getting "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" is a good sign. There are a few threads on that here.

But now I am wondering why this is happening...:confused:

aadeshiscool

Jun 21, 2015
Some one should make a guide on how to install these roms from stock firmware, all these guides are so confusing and even after following the official instruction getting the phone bricked is scary

135Shadowsoul

Jun 7, 2013
Some one should make a guide on how to install these roms from stock firmware, all these guides are so confusing and even after following the official instruction getting the phone bricked is scary

Agree!
I wanted write a similar request today for an idiot-save guilde how to install LOS (and which TWRP of the 2 existing would be prefered if...)
I hope i will soon™ get my ordered Zenfone6 and would rly like to go LOS after some days checking everything is working (and i dont have a mainboard broken device)

nnamless

Jan 17, 2018
Here are my working steps to install LOS on my zenfone 6 from stock:
Backup your Data!
Download LOS-recovery and copy it in the adb-Folder.
Enable USB-Debugging in Developer Options.
Go to fastboot mode.
Follow the LOS Installation Guide (https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/I01WD/install). Choose LOS Recovery!
After installing the Rom successful do not reboot. Tap Advanced and then reboot to Bootloader.
Download Twrp and copy in your adb Folder. Download TWRP-Installer and copy it to your Phone. ( [RECOVERY][3.3.1-19][I01WD]Unofficial TWRP recovery for Asus ZenFone 6).
With this Recovery Backup and Restore of the Data Partition is working, Restore of the System Partition does not work for me. You have to delete the Lockscreen Security before. With this recovery You can also flash the stock rom.)
fastboot boot TWRP: fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-19-ASUS_I01WD-mauronofrio.img
Install TWRP Installer.
Reboot Recovery.
If You want your phone decrypted, format Data (typing yes) and install Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_09.02.2018.zip. I do not know anymore where I downloaded it, You have to google for it.
Install Gapps (I do not use, so I am not shure). If the Install fails, reboot System and make the initial Setup, then reboot to Recovery and try it again.
Install Magisk if you need.
If You want install Magisk Modules and the Install fails, reboot System and make the initial Setup, then reboot to Recovery and try it again.
Reboot and be happy.
Sorry for my English, it is not my Language.

Last edited:
May 10, 2015
Data Roaming not working

It seems data roaming isn't working with a German Zenfone 6 in the UK.

Roaming works fine with that SIM card in an HTC 10 with LineageOS 16 (unofficial build). The data roaming setting is enabled.
I've tried several different cellular networks, both SIM slots and wiping Dalvik. I've played around with the "preferred networ type", though GSM/WCDMA/LTE should be correct.
SIM status under "About" says mobile data network is unknown.

Any suggestions what else to try? Could this be a bug related to the dual sim capabilities?

LineageOS version: 16, Oct 15th, LineageOS for MicroG
LineageOS Download url: https://download.lineage.microg.org/I01WD/
Gapps version: Not installed

Did you--
wipe: Yes, new phone, fresh install (Slot B)
reboot after having the issue: Plenty of times

Are you using--
a task killer: No
a non-stock kernel: No
other modifications: Signature Spoofing

Thanks!

trashographer

May 18, 2019

Roaming works fine with that SIM card in an HTC 10 with LineageOS 16 (unofficial build). The data roaming setting is enabled.
I've tried several different cellular networks, both SIM slots and wiping Dalvik. I've played around with the "preferred networ type", though GSM/WCDMA/LTE should be correct.
SIM status under "About" says mobile data network is unknown.

Any suggestions what else to try? Could this be a bug related to the dual sim capabilities?

Maybe VoLTE options? Had an issue with 1st SIM LTE when enabled VoLTE with 2nd SIM. Connection brokes after second always, I had to disable Enhanced 4G LTE mode.

suzook

Jan 25, 2010
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and gapps/addons
  • Boot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build
  • Boot to recovery again
  • Flash gapps/addons
  • Reboot
Downloads :
Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS, ROM for the ASUS ZenFone 6 (2019)

Contributors
luca020400
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie

Version Information

Created 2019-07-11
Last Updated 2019-08-19

Any possibility of building this for us [email protected] owners?????

progman32

Sep 30, 2019

I am experiencing the same thing with a US ZF6 roaming to Canada. Happy to post additional information or diagnostics, but I'm at a loss right now. This very sim works fine in my old LG G3 with LOS 15.

I tried resetting APNs, custom APNs, connecting to all available networks one by one, changing preferred modes to GSM/WCDMA, LTE, and all combos thereof.... no dice. Calling and texts work fine.

Tried updating to latest LOS (I'm running one from oct 1) but ran into A/B slot issues (hang forever in boot anim) so I had to revert.

Been having other radio related issues too (texts arriving hours late, calls to me going straight to voicemail) but maybe that's unrelated.

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

Actually, is there an official word on how to update this rom? I exported the update file from the official updater, booted into LOS recovery, selected the zip, and everything seemed to work until reboot. It then stuck at the boot animation. I used fastboot to check the slot, it had switched to slot A even though I just set it to B a few minutes earlier. I think slot A is corrupted somehow. Is there any way to clone slot B into slot A?

May 10, 2015
I am experiencing the same thing with a US ZF6 roaming to Canada. Happy to post additional information or diagnostics, but I'm at a loss right now. This very sim works fine in my old LG G3 with LOS 15.

I tried resetting APNs, custom APNs, connecting to all available networks one by one, changing preferred modes to GSM/WCDMA, LTE, and all combos thereof.... no dice. Calling and texts work fine.

Tried updating to latest LOS (I'm running one from oct 1) but ran into A/B slot issues (hang forever in boot anim) so I had to revert.

Been having other radio related issues too (texts arriving hours late, calls to me going straight to voicemail) but maybe that's unrelated.

I haven't noticed any other radio issues. This thread seems pretty dead, a better way to get the roaming issue fixed may be to report a bug directly with Lineage: https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/issues

I can't do it at the moment, because they want a logcat and I'm not leaving the country for another two months. If you're in Canada, it'd be great if you could do that.

D

Deleted member 10113280

no development for this phone

It's a pity that this phone isn't getting any attention whatsoever. We have a buggy LineageOS 16 ROM with no updates since Sep 25, no working and stable TWRP build at the moment, and an alpha build of LineageOS 17. Meanwhile, Asus has released Android 10 for this device and also provided kernel source code for it but it seems that doesn't make a difference maybe because of the availability issues this phone has. Even so, Asus also sent this phone to many devs but apparently that doesn't matter as well.

This is my first Android phone in many years on which I regret rooting and unlocking its bootloader. If there's an option to go back to stock with OTA updates, I'll happily take it at this point.

Reactions: marinespl

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps/addons
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Boot to recovery again
    • Flash gapps/addons
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the ASUS ZenFone 6 (2019)

Contributors
    luca020400
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie

Version Information

Created 2019-07-11
    Last Updated 2019-08-19
    New lineage-16.0-20190801-UNOFFICIAL-I01WD.zip build is up
    Adds support for HDR and Wide Color Gamut and fixes AVRCP ( Bluetooth ) controls
    New build lineage-16.0-20190722-UNOFFICIAL-I01WD is up
    Requires UL-ASUS_I01WD-ASUS-16.1220.1906.167-1.1.1-user firmware
    Updates kernel, improves audio, improves mobile data
    New lineage-16.0-20190725-UNOFFICIAL-I01WD.zip build is up
    Improve support for Lineage Recovery, add FM Radio support, improves GPS performance ( enables IZAT )
    New build is up
    Fixes some decoder issues ( Twitch/Reddit works now ), enables call recording for allowed countries and you can now force old apps to be displayed at full-screen ( 18:9 )

Another build is up
    No real changes to end-user

Starting from next build UL-ASUS_I01WD-ASUS-16.1220.1906.167-1.1.1-user firmware will be required.