[ROM][OFFICIAL][I01WD][9] LineageOS 16.0

Search This thread

trashographer

May 18, 2019
and what about google pay? will it work without magisk?
on my chiron device I can use LOS16+addonSU and gpay works fine

PS. The requested URL /mirror/lineageos/recovery/I01WD was not found on this server.
Wanna recovery plz

Last edited:

cdudeman

Jun 5, 2010
Weatherford TX
Just got the latest Official build installed and I am impressed. Fixed 2 of my biggest complaints about the Zenfone 6, wifi calling and Volte on Tmobile. Also the Asus camera zip that OP posted is literally the exact camera from the official rom and carries over all the features of the Flip camera. I love it!

cdudeman

Jun 5, 2010
Weatherford TX
Is there any way to customize the extra button on the Zenfone? Right now it opens Google assistant but would like to be able to toggle flashlight instead. If not no worries.

isthisadagger

Aug 22, 2015
Has anyone tried the vpn tethering? I can't get it to work. The hotspot clients lose all connectivity (can not connect to anything inside or outside the vpn).

Before i dig into this more, i would like to know how it is supposed to work.
1. enable the vpn tether setting in hotspot settings
2. connect to vpn from zf6
3. start hotspot
4. connect client to hotspot
5. the clients whole network traffic is routed through the vpn via nat?

I am on lineage-16.0-20190820-nightly-I01WD-signed btw.

johnmolyneux

Sep 7, 2018
Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble installing lineageos using the instructions on https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/I01WD/install

I've unlocked the bootloader, done "adb reboot bootloader", then

fastboot flash boot lineage-16.0-20190821-recovery-I01WD.img

(which says "Writing 'boot_b' etc.)

and then the instructions say "with the device powered off..." - but pressing power always boots back into android, after which one can power off, and then, pressing volume-down+power again reboots into android.

I get the same result using the fastboot power off.

Not sure what I'm missing?

Last edited:

cdudeman

Jun 5, 2010
Weatherford TX
Yeah some of the instructions didn't work. Once you get recovery installed, when the phone is powered off, hold volume up + power until bootloader menu comes up. Then use the volume keys to get to the recovery mode option and power key to select it. Once you choose recovery mode it will boot to the lineage recovery.

isthisadagger

Aug 22, 2015

You are missing the "menu" in fastboot mode.
When you boot into fastboot mode it says "start" at the top in green letters. That is actually the menu entry you have selected. Pressing power will execute that entry.
You can change the entry with volume up/down and start (normal boot), power off, reboot bootloader or into recovery.

Reactions: johnmolyneux

luca020400

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2014
Genoa
Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble installing lineageos using the instructions on https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/I01WD/install

I've unlocked the bootloader, done "adb reboot bootloader", then

fastboot flash boot lineage-16.0-20190821-recovery-I01WD.img

(which says "Writing 'boot_b' etc.)

and then the instructions say "with the device powered off..." - but pressing power always boots back into android, after which one can power off, and then, pressing volume-down+power again reboots into android.

I get the same result using the fastboot power off.

Whops you're right
I instinctively thought vol - would bring to recovery
I'll get it fixed to mention vol + > press volume buttons until recovery is selected > press power

Reactions: johnmolyneux

luca020400

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2014
Genoa
And as of now opengapps can't be flashed with LineageRecovery due to a bug in their installation script ( that I fixed and it's under review )
You can still use twrp though
Or use mindthegapps as it's linked in our wiki

The fix for the guide is also under review ^^

cdudeman

Jun 5, 2010
Weatherford TX
Where should we report bugs? Here?

Only ones I have noticed so far are: the screen flickers when rotating, and the cell signal drops out after a phone call (might be only when using bluetooth for a call). and has to be toggled on and off to get it back.
thanks

And as of now opengapps can't be flashed with LineageRecovery due to a bug in their installation script ( that I fixed and it's under review )

johnmolyneux

Sep 7, 2018

Thanks!

Next issue: "wipe system" in recovery says: can't give path "/system" to format_volume
System wipe failed
The lineageos instructions then go on to say
If you want to install any additional add-ons, run adb reboot sideload
but adb says
error: device unauthorized.
This adb server's $ADB_VENDOR_KEYS is not set

Also, it would be nice if the recovery GUI took account of the shape of the screen - one can't see the characters on the bottom left while the process is running (very minor nitpick).

So i tried sideloading using recovery, but that said:

Signature verification failed
Proceed anyway?

I proceeded anyway,

and then, since "adb reboot" gave an error, tried the recovery reboot, and YES, finally, now running lineageos.

The mindthegapps sideload clearly failed, but hey! progress.

So thanks!

Last edited:

johnmolyneux

Sep 7, 2018
Just to note a gotcha for linux users: the phone appears to change the device id between one sideload and the next:

# fastboot flash boot lineage-16.0-20190822-recovery-I01WD.img
Sending 'boot_a' (98304 KB) OKAY [ 2.351s]
Writing 'boot_a' OKAY [ 0.756s]
Finished. Total time: 3.161s
# adb sideload lineage-16.0-20190822-nightly-I01WD-signed.zip
Total xfer: 1.00x
# adb sideload MindTheGapps-9.0.0-arm64-20190615_031441.zip
adb: sideload connection failed: insufficient permissions for device: user in plugdev group; are your udev rules wrong?

before the adb lsusb reported:

Bus 003 Device 013: ID 0b05:7770 ASUSTek Computer, Inc.

after the first sideload it has become:

Bus 003 Device 014: ID 0b05:4daf ASUSTek Computer, Inc. Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 (Fastboot)

("Transformer Pad Infinity"? really?)

Anyway, updating /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules to

SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0b05", ATTR{idProduct}=="7770", MODE="0666", GROUP="plugdev"
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0b05", ATTR{idProduct}=="4daf", MODE="0666", GROUP="plugdev"

fixed the problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aedra

luca020400

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2014
Genoa
Where should we report bugs? Here?

Only ones I have noticed so far are: the screen flickers when rotating, and the cell signal drops out after a phone call (might be only when using bluetooth for a call). and has to be toggled on and off to get it back.
thanks

1) Known, no idea on why
2) Weird, might be IMS/VoLTE, not sure how I would fix this since it works fine for me

isthisadagger

Aug 22, 2015
I just did a clean install of the 20190821 nightly + asus camera to test and the camera works. Then i used the the os update functionality to install 20190822 nightly.
After the update+reboot the camera is gone and flashing it again from lineage recovery does not help. The recovery log shows no error and says "install complete" but it is still not visible in the os.

1. What is the recommended way to update the rom?
2. Is the camera flashed to the active slot or maybe to a static slot thats currenly my inactive one?
3. Where is the recovery.log stored and does it persist during a reboot? I could not find anything usefull on google.
4. Where does the os store the updatefile after downloading? Can i copy a new nightly to that location so the updater does not have to download it?
5. is there any way to fix the cam in my current install.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps/addons
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Boot to recovery again
    • Flash gapps/addons
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the ASUS ZenFone 6 (2019)

Contributors
    luca020400
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie

Version Information

Created 2019-07-11
    Last Updated 2019-08-19
    New lineage-16.0-20190801-UNOFFICIAL-I01WD.zip build is up
    Adds support for HDR and Wide Color Gamut and fixes AVRCP ( Bluetooth ) controls
    New build lineage-16.0-20190722-UNOFFICIAL-I01WD is up
    Requires UL-ASUS_I01WD-ASUS-16.1220.1906.167-1.1.1-user firmware
    Updates kernel, improves audio, improves mobile data
    New lineage-16.0-20190725-UNOFFICIAL-I01WD.zip build is up
    Improve support for Lineage Recovery, add FM Radio support, improves GPS performance ( enables IZAT )
    New build is up
    Fixes some decoder issues ( Twitch/Reddit works now ), enables call recording for allowed countries and you can now force old apps to be displayed at full-screen ( 18:9 )

Another build is up
    No real changes to end-user

Starting from next build UL-ASUS_I01WD-ASUS-16.1220.1906.167-1.1.1-user firmware will be required.