[ROM] Official INC OTA 4.06.605.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildstang83

Inactive Recognized Developer / Recognized Themer
Oct 14, 2010
Nowheresville
forum.xda-developers.com
DEVS: You may use this as you please at free will. No credit needed.

OTA 4.06.605.3

Specs:
Date released: 2 September 2011-?
OTA: 4.06.605.3 CL140944 release-keys
Kernel: [email protected] #1 Thu Aug 18 16:33:55 CST 2011
Android: 2.3.4
Sense: 1.0
Info:
Rooted
Zipaligned
Deodexed
Screen Resolution corrected in build.prop
Build.prop Sprint inputs corrected
init.d support
Instructions​
Coming from stock unrooted 2.2 Froyo? You must root your device to flash this rom. Go HERE to get rooted first!

Coming from stock rooted 2.2 Froyo? Simply wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache in recovery and then flash this Rom right after.

Coming from any other Rom? Full wipe required! Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache. Go into mounts and Storage and wipe Boot and System. Flash Rom and enjoy!

Note: Updating to the latest official VZW radio (07.07) is not required but highly recommended!
Link to the 07.07 radio: LINK

Rom: Download Here
MD5 Sum: 05c482abf434eabb64347acb67393672

DTR: Download DTR Here

Thanks to cmlusco for the original nandroid upload that brought this to us!

Last edited:

josh0426

Nov 12, 2009
Southern Illinois
Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a new software update, Software Version:
Build Number: 4.06.605.3; Baseband Version: 2.15.10.07.07, for your Droid Incredible.
This update provides several improvements for your device, as well as upgrading to the
Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) Operating System (OS).
Verizon Wireless and HTC encourage you to download this update.
DROID INCREDIBILE
by HTC®
SOFTWARE UPDATE
For step-by-step instructions on how to perform
this download, visit verizonwireless.com/droidincrediblesupport
DROID is a trademark of Lucasfilm Ltd. and its related companies. Used under license. Standard data charges apply. Device capabilities: add’l charges and conditions apply. © 2011 Verizon Wireless. 0811-D9270
Enhancements:
+ Download Manager App:
• New App to manage all of your downloads from web browsing, email
attachments and other apps.
+ App and Power Management Details:
• Under Manage Applications, a new “Running” tab displays a list of
active applications and the storage and memory being used by each.
+ Improved Word Selection and Copy Functionality:
• New capability to select a word via press-hold. A second press
of the selected word copies the selected characters.
Messaging
+ MMS messages send correctly.
+ Properly save audio files from MMS messages.
+ Successfully play audio files from a message.
+ Send Vcard through a SMS message.
Connection
+ Internet connection via Bluetooth® now enabled.
+ VZ Navigator™ now operates over Wi-Fi.
Additional Features
+ Change songs in the Music widget by tapping the forward button.
+ Camera functions successfully without inserting SD card.
+ City ID app fixed

Reactions: SandmanEight

jaykresge

Nov 8, 2010
I notice that hardware version on your screenshot is 0003. Do you have an SLCD? Mine is an AMOLD but also said 0003 in the leak (should be 0002). I couldn't find this entry in the build prop when I was doing my edits earlier.

jaykresge

Nov 8, 2010
Yes I have an SLCD.
I'm waiting for the RUU to land before I update my ROM (not a fan of building from a Nandroid, even if I am being picky). I have that luxury now because we have superior developers you like you and Jermaine around, and my ROM is very similar to what you guys put out.

If I get the RUU loaded on my phone, I'll let you know if the hardware version is off. I'm pretty disappointed with HTC in the lack of quality of this release so far. A lot of these things would have never gotten through if someone had tested the ROM for 5 minutes.

wildstang83

Inactive Recognized Developer / Recognized Themer
Oct 14, 2010
Nowheresville
forum.xda-developers.com
I'm waiting for the RUU to land before I update my ROM (not a fan of building from a Nandroid, even if I am being picky). I have that luxury now because we have superior developers you like you and Jermaine around, and my ROM is very similar to what you guys put out.

If I get the RUU loaded on my phone, I'll let you know if the hardware version is off. I'm pretty disappointed with HTC in the lack of quality of this release so far. A lot of these things would have never gotten through if someone had tested the ROM for 5 minutes.
I agree, it is annoying that there is still those minor issues with the build.prop and now the hardware version not being displayed properly for some users. Oh and the location nag issue is still present.

I will say even with those issues, this build does feel a little better.

Reactions: smoothbuddha

jermaine151

Jun 19, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Here's a list of "most" of the changed files:

Code:
Files old_ota/boot.img and new_ota/boot.img differ
Files old_ota/system/app/AppSharing.apk and new_ota/system/app/AppSharing.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/BrcmBluetoothServices.apk and new_ota/system/app/BrcmBluetoothServices.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/Calculator.apk and new_ota/system/app/Calculator.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/Calendar.apk and new_ota/system/app/Calendar.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/CalendarProvider.apk and new_ota/system/app/CalendarProvider.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/com.htc.FriendStreamWidget.apk and new_ota/system/app/com.htc.FriendStreamWidget.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/com.htc.MusicWidget.apk and new_ota/system/app/com.htc.MusicWidget.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/com.htc.NewsReaderWidget.apk and new_ota/system/app/com.htc.NewsReaderWidget.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/com.htc.TwitterWidget.apk and new_ota/system/app/com.htc.TwitterWidget.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/com.htc.WeatherWidget.apk and new_ota/system/app/com.htc.WeatherWidget.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/CustomizationSettingsProvider.apk and new_ota/system/app/CustomizationSettingsProvider.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/CustomizationSetup.apk and new_ota/system/app/CustomizationSetup.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/DCSImpl.apk and new_ota/system/app/DCSImpl.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/DCSStock.apk and new_ota/system/app/DCSStock.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/DCSUtility.apk and new_ota/system/app/DCSUtility.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/DrmProvider.apk and new_ota/system/app/DrmProvider.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/EPST.apk and new_ota/system/app/EPST.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/FilePicker.apk and new_ota/system/app/FilePicker.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/Flashlight.apk and new_ota/system/app/Flashlight.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/FriendStream.apk and new_ota/system/app/FriendStream.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/HTC_IME.apk and new_ota/system/app/HTC_IME.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/HtcAddProgramWidget.apk and new_ota/system/app/HtcAddProgramWidget.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/HTCAlbum.apk and new_ota/system/app/HTCAlbum.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/htcbookmarkwidget.apk and new_ota/system/app/htcbookmarkwidget.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/HtcCalculatorWidget.apk and new_ota/system/app/HtcCalculatorWidget.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/htccalendarwidgets.apk and new_ota/system/app/htccalendarwidgets.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/HTCCamera.apk and new_ota/system/app/HTCCamera.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/HtcCarPanel.apk and new_ota/system/app/HtcCarPanel.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/HtcClockWidget.apk and new_ota/system/app/HtcClockWidget.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/HtcContacts.apk and new_ota/system/app/HtcContacts.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/htccontactwidgets.apk and new_ota/system/app/htccontactwidgets.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/HtcDialer.apk and new_ota/system/app/HtcDialer.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/HtcFacebook.apk and new_ota/system/app/HtcFacebook.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/HtcLocationPicker.apk and new_ota/system/app/HtcLocationPicker.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/HtcLocationService.apk and new_ota/system/app/HtcLocationService.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/HtcLockScreen.apk and new_ota/system/app/HtcLockScreen.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/htcmailwidgets.apk and new_ota/system/app/htcmailwidgets.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/HtcMessageProvider.apk and new_ota/system/app/HtcMessageProvider.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/HtcMessageUploader.apk and new_ota/system/app/HtcMessageUploader.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/htcmsgwidgets.apk and new_ota/system/app/htcmsgwidgets.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/HtcPhotoWidget.apk and new_ota/system/app/HtcPhotoWidget.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/HtcProfileWidget.apk and new_ota/system/app/HtcProfileWidget.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/HtcRingtoneTrimmer.apk and new_ota/system/app/HtcRingtoneTrimmer.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/HtcRingtoneWidget.apk and new_ota/system/app/HtcRingtoneWidget.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/HTCSetupWizard.apk and new_ota/system/app/HTCSetupWizard.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/HtcSoundRecorder.apk and new_ota/system/app/HtcSoundRecorder.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/HtcStreamPlayer.apk and new_ota/system/app/HtcStreamPlayer.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/HtcTwitter.apk and new_ota/system/app/HtcTwitter.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/HtcWeatherWallpaper.apk and new_ota/system/app/HtcWeatherWallpaper.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/Mail.apk and new_ota/system/app/Mail.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/MediaProvider.apk and new_ota/system/app/MediaProvider.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/Mms.apk and new_ota/system/app/Mms.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/Mode10Wallpapers.apk and new_ota/system/app/Mode10Wallpapers.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/NewsReader.apk and new_ota/system/app/NewsReader.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/PCSCII.apk and new_ota/system/app/PCSCII.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/Phone.apk and new_ota/system/app/Phone.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/PluginManager.apk and new_ota/system/app/PluginManager.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/QuickLookup.apk and new_ota/system/app/QuickLookup.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/QXDM2SD.apk and new_ota/system/app/QXDM2SD.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/restartapp.apk and new_ota/system/app/restartapp.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/Rosie.apk and new_ota/system/app/Rosie.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/Settings.apk and new_ota/system/app/Settings.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/Superuser.apk and new_ota/system/app/Superuser.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/TVOUT.apk and new_ota/system/app/TVOUT.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/Updater.apk and new_ota/system/app/Updater.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/UpgradeSetup.apk and new_ota/system/app/UpgradeSetup.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/UploadProvider.apk and new_ota/system/app/UploadProvider.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/VzWBAClient.apk and new_ota/system/app/VzWBAClient.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/Weather.apk and new_ota/system/app/Weather.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/WeatherAgentService.apk and new_ota/system/app/WeatherAgentService.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/WeatherProvider.apk and new_ota/system/app/WeatherProvider.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/WeatherSyncProvider.apk and new_ota/system/app/WeatherSyncProvider.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/WidgetDownloadManager.apk and new_ota/system/app/WidgetDownloadManager.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/WifiRouter.apk and new_ota/system/app/WifiRouter.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/app/WorldClock.apk and new_ota/system/app/WorldClock.apk differ
Files old_ota/system/bin/debuggerd and new_ota/system/bin/debuggerd differ
Files old_ota/system/bin/netd and new_ota/system/bin/netd differ
Files old_ota/system/bin/su and new_ota/system/bin/su differ
Files old_ota/system/build.prop and new_ota/system/build.prop differ
Files old_ota/system/customize/AAInfo.txt and new_ota/system/customize/AAInfo.txt differ
Files old_ota/system/customize/resource/VZW_bootanimation.zip and new_ota/system/customize/resource/VZW_bootanimation.zip differ
Files old_ota/system/etc/NOTICE.html.gz and new_ota/system/etc/NOTICE.html.gz differ
Files old_ota/system/etc/security/cwcerts.zip and new_ota/system/etc/security/cwcerts.zip differ
Files old_ota/system/etc/security/otacerts.zip and new_ota/system/etc/security/otacerts.zip differ
Files old_ota/system/framework/am.jar and new_ota/system/framework/am.jar differ
Files old_ota/system/framework/android.policy.jar and new_ota/system/framework/android.policy.jar differ
Files old_ota/system/framework/android.test.runner.jar and new_ota/system/framework/android.test.runner.jar differ
Files old_ota/system/framework/bmgr.jar and new_ota/system/framework/bmgr.jar differ
Files old_ota/system/framework/bouncycastle.jar and new_ota/system/framework/bouncycastle.jar differ
Files old_ota/system/framework/com.android.location.provider.jar and new_ota/system/framework/com.android.location.provider.jar differ
Files old_ota/system/framework/com.google.translate.jar and new_ota/system/framework/com.google.translate.jar differ
Files old_ota/system/framework/com.htc.android.easopen.jar and new_ota/system/framework/com.htc.android.easopen.jar differ
Files old_ota/system/framework/com.htc.android.pimlib.jar and new_ota/system/framework/com.htc.android.pimlib.jar differ
Files old_ota/system/framework/com.htc.commonctrl.jar and new_ota/system/framework/com.htc.commonctrl.jar differ
Files old_ota/system/framework/com.htc.framework.jar and new_ota/system/framework/com.htc.framework.jar differ
Files old_ota/system/framework/com.htc.rss.jar and new_ota/system/framework/com.htc.rss.jar differ
Files old_ota/system/framework/com.orange.authentication.simcard.jar and new_ota/system/framework/com.orange.authentication.simcard.jar differ
Files old_ota/system/framework/com.scalado.util.ScaladoUtil.jar and new_ota/system/framework/com.scalado.util.ScaladoUtil.jar differ
Files old_ota/system/framework/core-junit.jar and new_ota/system/framework/core-junit.jar differ
Files old_ota/system/framework/core.jar and new_ota/system/framework/core.jar differ
Files old_ota/system/framework/ext.jar and new_ota/system/framework/ext.jar differ
Files old_ota/system/framework/framework.jar and new_ota/system/framework/framework.jar differ
Files old_ota/system/framework/ime.jar and new_ota/system/framework/ime.jar differ
Files old_ota/system/framework/input.jar and new_ota/system/framework/input.jar differ
Files old_ota/system/framework/javax.obex.jar and new_ota/system/framework/javax.obex.jar differ
Files old_ota/system/framework/monkey.jar and new_ota/system/framework/monkey.jar differ
Files old_ota/system/framework/pm.jar and new_ota/system/framework/pm.jar differ
Files old_ota/system/framework/services.jar and new_ota/system/framework/services.jar differ
Files old_ota/system/framework/sqlite-jdbc.jar and new_ota/system/framework/sqlite-jdbc.jar differ
Files old_ota/system/framework/svc.jar and new_ota/system/framework/svc.jar differ
Files old_ota/system/lib/libhtc_ril_switch.so and new_ota/system/lib/libhtc_ril_switch.so differ
Files old_ota/system/lib/libhtcqxdm2sd.so and new_ota/system/lib/libhtcqxdm2sd.so differ
Files old_ota/system/lib/libmedia.so and new_ota/system/lib/libmedia.so differ
Files old_ota/system/lib/modules/bcm4329.ko and new_ota/system/lib/modules/bcm4329.ko differ
Files old_ota/system/xbin/crasher and new_ota/system/xbin/crasher differ

00McD00

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 20, 2010
Iowa
www.alwaysandroid.org

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is the difference between having this and the RUU? If they are the same version number wouldn't they be the same? Or maybe I am confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.