firebird11

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Gasselcity

Code:
*** Disclaimer

I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device

You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

• be on the latest firmware possible
  • unpack zip to desktop (or whereever you want)
  • reboot to bootloader
  • run ROMinstaller.bat
  • follow instructions

Sources:
ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
Kernel: kernel url

Download:
ROM download
Changelog: Changelog

Known issues:

Tell Me

crDroid OnePlus 8 Telegram group
Visit official website @ crDroid.net
crDroid Community Telegram
Donate to help our team pay server costs

Contributors
firebird11
Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
Many Thanks to:
PE for recovery
Chandra1.jp for assistance
FizzyAps and thznutz87 for the install script
LuK1337 for his awesome work on op8

Version Information
Testing

Last edited:

android_dan

Feb 17, 2015
A couple of things. ROM won't boot unless you wipe data. The clock isn't centered when center is chosen. Choosing "Advanced Restart" changes nothing on my phone.

Have it up and running and rooted. So far no problems whatsoever. Great job.

Edit: after rooting advanced start is working. Not sure if that had anything to do with it but before that I had to use volume keys to get into bootloader.

Last edited:

stompysan

Feb 1, 2011
Eagerly excited to give this a shot. Been wanting a reason to switch things up on my phone, and this sure is one. Will report back once I flash.

EDIT: Flashed on T-Mobile OP8 once converted to global. I attempted to flash from T-Mobile official, but this bombed out and caused it to boot into crashdump. So far, everything is nearly flawless. I will say that display calibration profiles isn't working, but that is pretty minor. Using the standard color correction works fine. I am going to run it through its paces for the rest of the night and tomorrow. If things go well, looks like this will be daily driver material.

Last edited:

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
Verizon Op8 unlocked. On A10 as I'm waiting to get updated modem from Verizon. I only have build on one slot _a, not both as msm tool has latest ota from Verizon loaded. Is being on A11 base or having oos on both slots a pre-requisite? Please and thank you beforehand.

thznutz87

Feb 21, 2011

Code:
*** Disclaimer

I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device

You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

• be on the latest firmware possible
  • unpack zip to desktop (or whereever you want)
  • reboot to bootloader
  • run ROMinstaller.bat
  • follow instructions

Sources:
ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
Kernel: kernel url

Download:
ROM download
Changelog: Changelog

Known issues:

Tell Me

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
crDroid Community Telegram
Donate to help our team pay server costs

Contributors
firebird11
Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
Many Thanks to:
PE for recovery
Chandra1.jp for assistance
FizzyAps for his install script
LuK1337 for his awesome work on op8

Version Information
Testing
Might want to read the installer script, your missing a credit 😁

Reactions: firebird11

succumbtothegreater

Jun 15, 2013
I flashed and it seems pretty good. Some issues to note are, when connected, there's no sound with bluetooth devices, sometimes during heavy use the screen will become unresponsive, and when the pop up comes in apps to use the fingerprint scanner, it shows 2 different overlays. I was unable to get logs and I flashed back to stock, but hopefully this helps

stompysan

Feb 1, 2011
I flashed and it seems pretty good. Some issues to note are, when connected, there's no sound with bluetooth devices, sometimes during heavy use the screen will become unresponsive, and when the pop up comes in apps to use the fingerprint scanner, it shows 2 different overlays. I was unable to get logs and I flashed back to stock, but hopefully this helps
I also came back to post the bluetooth audio bug. Can also confirm that it happens with wired headsets as well, either using the adapter or using USB-C headphones.

Last edited:

9dahmer1

Jul 24, 2019
Guys help me. I flashed the rom so far so good but there's no fod icon change etc on the crdroid settings menu I went on lock screen options and there's only fod vibration verification but no fod icon change does anybody else have this? Can anyone help me with this one?

android_dan

Feb 17, 2015
Just curious if any headway was made on the Bluetooth audio bug. If logs are needed, let me know and I can capture them.
Yeah, that's pretty much a deal-breaker. Looking at this guy's account it seems he's got a few irons in the fire when it comes to crDroid. Given this thread has like five posters seems not much interest from OP8 users. I'd guess that would leave us sucking hind tit. And it's hard to find fault. I'm sure this is really time consuming work and people have lives.

android_dan

Feb 17, 2015
Updated. Fixed the bluethooth issue. Haven't checked the other stuff yet.

A question. Updating as you do breaks root. Could a person extract the boot.img from your package, patch it with magisk, rename it boot.img, put it into the installer package, then update and retain root? Or would this cause the update process to fail?

firebird11

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Gasselcity
Updated. Fixed the bluethooth issue. Haven't checked the other stuff yet.

A question. Updating as you do breaks root. Could a person extract the boot.img from your package, patch it with magisk, rename it boot.img, put it into the installer package, then update and retain root? Or would this cause the update process to fail?
That should work