ROM[OFFICIAL][instantnoodle][11.0]**crDroid**[V7.5]

Search This thread

King_Mofo

May 11, 2013
Hey guys, can this be flashed on build 11.0.4.4.IN21BA? The last phone i have rooted was the S8, so a long time ago. Also noticed that on android 11, it's more difficult?

ioctl0

Jul 18, 2016
Hello!

I am going to flash latest crDroid.
Following sourceforge.net , latest verstion with Gapps was 7.3 built on 2021-02-21; latest built without Gapps was 7.2 built on 2021-01-28.

Why there is no updates of Google-free versions?
Will it appear in future?

firebird11

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Gasselcity
Hello!

I am going to flash latest crDroid.
Following sourceforge.net , latest verstion with Gapps was 7.3 built on 2021-02-21; latest built without Gapps was 7.2 built on 2021-01-28.

Why there is no updates of Google-free versions?
Will it appear in future?

when TWRP is fully functional

ioctl0

Jul 18, 2016
7) Automatic brightness is too bright in dark and light environment.
when TWRP is fully functional

Is this firmware Google-free and flashable? It has no "install-files" suffix as other images in that directory and much bigger size, so I just want to clarify.

As for TWRP: you mean, for now it doesn't allow backup of encrypted partitions, or it has another problems?

And some more question:

What is the recommended method to install Magisk? Flash zip from TWRP before first boot?

My device variant is IN2010. Which type of base original firmware could you recommend before flashing crDroid: IN21AA Global, IN21BA Europe, something else?

Last edited:

firebird11

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Gasselcity
Is this firmware Google-free and flashable? It has no "install-files" suffix as other images in that directory and much bigger size, so I just want to clarify.

As for TWRP: you mean, for now it doesn't allow backup of encrypted partitions, or it has another problems?

And some more question:

What is the recommended method to install Magisk? Flash zip from TWRP before first boot?

My device variant is IN2010. Which type of base original firmware could you recommend before flashing crDroid: IN21AA Global, IN21BA Europe, something else?

the one with 'install-files' is an easy to install package, the other one is for OTA, but you could install it thru twrp also, both have gapps included.

i recommend to flash Magisk after first boot

hhmm, just use your own firmware

ioctl0

Jul 18, 2016
the one with 'install-files' is an easy to install package, the other one is for OTA, but you could install it thru twrp also, both have gapps included.

Ok.

Do you have plans to build additional firmware without gapps?
Or, may be, is it possible to completely disable them after installation?

I would prefer installing MicroG, or work without Google services at all.

mobile_sensei

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2011
Washington DC
Internal update was a no go for me - resulted in multiple crash dump errors. After trying to install different ways I ended up having to switch to slot B & install the full rom / factory reset/ root

stompysan

Feb 1, 2011
So I was on the March 3rd build, and received the OTA for the 8th. Just wanted to report that, on my end, it failed. It would boot, get to the lock screen with no network connectivity, and then Crashdump. I wasn't able to do much diagnosing, as I needed my phone for 2FA at my job. I just quickly manually flashed the update, which resolved everything. It is likely something on my end, but I thought I would report. Next update I will attempt to OTA again, and if it fails, I will pull logs.

EDIT: Did quite a bit of testing last night. I can comfortably say this was an issue on my end. I am using a T-Mobile device. Our device has A11, but restoring through MSM and taking the update to T-MO A11 causes the same issues. I think it is not getting A11 installed in both slots, so when the update is applied, it bombs. If I convert to global, and use the global firmware to ensure both slots are on A11, the device can take the OTA without issues. Not deleting post, in case anyone else runs into this.

Last edited:
Reactions: firebird11

ioctl0

Jul 18, 2016
I am trying to build firmware without gapps from source following this instruction: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android

Command "brunch instantnoodle" returns error:

Bash:
In file included from build/make/core/config.mk:291:
In file included from build/make/core/envsetup.mk:266:
build/make/target/product/updatable_apex.mk:24: error: _nic.PRODUCTS.[[device/oneplus/instantnoodle/lineage_instantnoodle.mk]]: "vendor/oneplus/sm8250-common/sm8250-common-vendor.mk" does not exist.
19:01:45 dumpvars failed with: exit status 1

There is no file sm8250-common-vendor.mk in build directory. How to fix this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    new builds up !
    @firebird11 Hello, please fix this the minimum brightness is too bright at night, I have to use the pixel-off function. Thanks sorry for me English language im use google translator.
    You can also use radioactive kernel and klapse settings to fix the brightness.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer

I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device

You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

for first install:
    • be on the latest firmware possible
    • download the file named like this: crDroidAndroid-11.0-XXXXXXXX-instantnoodle-v7.X-gapps-install-files.zip
    • unpack zip to desktop (or whereever you want)
    • reboot to bootloader
    • run ROMinstaller.bat
    • follow instructions
    • reboot to system
    • if you want to install gapps:
    • reboot back to recovery
    • Apply update
    • Apply from ADB
    • from your computer: adb sideload (gapps package).zip , i used NikGapps basic
    • factory reset
    • reboot to system
    to update:
    • download the file named like this: crDroidAndroid-11.0-XXXXXXXX-instantnoodle-v7.X.zip in the internal updater and update it
    some large gapps packages will not install due to lack off space

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel: kernel url

Download:
    ROM download
    Changelog: Changelog

Known issues:

Tell Me

crDroid OnePlus 8 Telegram group
    Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid Community Telegram
    Donate to help our team pay server costs

Contributors
    firebird11
    Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Many Thanks to:
    Chandra1.jp for assistance
    FizzyAps and thznutz87 for the install script
    LuK1337 for his awesome work on op8

Version Information
    Testing
    new builds are up , bt issue should be fixed
    there's a new build up , DeviceSettings was causing a lot off trouble so i had to remove it.
    alert slider works again
    a new build is up, please don't use the internal installer but download it from our website and follow the install script
    new builds up !
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone