• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

ROM[OFFICIAL][instantnoodle][11.0]**crDroid**[V7.8]

Search This thread

mobile_sensei

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2011
Washington DC
OnePlus 8
Yes sir! Stable, tons of options, & insane battery life.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210616-154518933.jpg
    Screenshot_20210616-154518933.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 100

mobile_sensei

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2011
Washington DC
OnePlus 8
I can confirm this worked. Downloaded update. Copied boot.img to phone, patched with magisk, renamed to boot.img, and inserted into update folder. Phone updated with root intact.

Great job OP. So glad to have CR back on a OnePlus. Coming from a OP5/CrDroid.
You could save yourself a lot of time by adb sideload magisk.zip from recovery 👍

IsIghTTs

Jun 15, 2021
Cleveland, Ohio
I like using this ROM and so far this is the best one for stabilization, customization and not only that it passes the safety net.

How do i update this ROM properly without going into a Boot loop? I have tried the updater and it gets stuck then i have to wipe and clean all over again.

The location on this is not very good on this ROM. The reason why I say that is it cannot pick up my location from anywhere. It acts as if it could not find me and I have used Google maps, Transit app for buses, and even taxi services like Uber. I dont exist in this ROM and also yes my location is turned on. Am I doing something wrong or why is this happening?

andrew2401

Oct 17, 2017
Hi everyone I am having a bit of trouble with the install instructions I don't have rom installer.bat in the latest rom package. Where do I find it?

IsIghTTs

Jun 15, 2021
Cleveland, Ohio
Well thats nice to know if you can send me the information on how to do this on linux i would appreciate it alot

but what do you mean you dont know what to do from there? is it possible to run the cdroid installer inside linux?

what I mean is are you able to run the bat file? or is this only exclusive to windows?

k9r4n16

Mar 29, 2019
OnePlus 8
Oh I can run fastboot and adb properly thats why I was able to flash lineage recovery and the os but Im just not to sure on where to go from there

I've made an automatic installer (which supports crDroid) for Linux machines if you want to try it out? Make sure you cd into the directory and type sudo bash autotools.sh in the terminal.

Reactions: sbmkrdash

ioctl0

Jul 18, 2016
@firebird11 , please look at some bugs I have found:

*) Gravitation sensor work fine in apps like SatStat, but not in camera apps: OpenCamera and GCam. While making a photo, horizontal line in camera react to position change very, very slowly. It take about 15 seconds to display real horizon. The same problem was in LineageOS.

*) Battery level limit from crDroid menu doesn't work in about 50% of cases, so, phone charges above of higher limit. Programs like "Battery Charge Limit" from F-Droid works fine, so, it's not hardware problem.

*) The AccA battery control daemon has the following feature: when battery charge reach higher limit, it stop charging, but doesn't start discharging. I.e., phone works using charger power if it plugged. Is it possible to implement the same feature?

*) Light sensor shows illumination value about 2..6 times more that it should be (tested with SatStat using other devices with original firmware and calibrated light sources). Error multiplicator not so big in dark place and grows with illumination level. The same problem was in LineageOS.

Reactions: firebird11

amivel

Jan 18, 2018
On the latest build the vibration is very short and I can barely feel it when I receive the calls and notifications.

Otherwise the best rom :)

mrnerdy42

Jul 29, 2020
Nexus 7
OnePlus 8
Has anyone else tried using a switch pro controller on this rom? In the last few builds, the controller will pair, but the phone won't react to its input (regardless of app). Tried with and without the 1Controller Magisk module, no luck.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    new builds up !
    new build up !
    @firebird11 , please look at some bugs I have found:

*) Gravitation sensor work fine in apps like SatStat, but not in camera apps: OpenCamera and GCam. While making a photo, horizontal line in camera react to position change very, very slowly. It take about 15 seconds to display real horizon. The same problem was in LineageOS.

*) Battery level limit from crDroid menu doesn't work in about 50% of cases, so, phone charges above of higher limit. Programs like "Battery Charge Limit" from F-Droid works fine, so, it's not hardware problem.

*) The AccA battery control daemon has the following feature: when battery charge reach higher limit, it stop charging, but doesn't start discharging. I.e., phone works using charger power if it plugged. Is it possible to implement the same feature?

*) Light sensor shows illumination value about 2..6 times more that it should be (tested with SatStat using other devices with original firmware and calibrated light sources). Error multiplicator not so big in dark place and grows with illumination level. The same problem was in LineageOS.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer

I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device

You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

for first install:
    • be on the latest firmware possible
    • download the file named like this: crDroidAndroid-11.0-XXXXXXXX-instantnoodle-v7.X-gapps-install-files.zip
    • unpack zip to desktop (or whereever you want)
    • reboot to bootloader
    • run ROMinstaller.bat
    • follow instructions
    • reboot to system
    • if you want to install gapps:
    • reboot back to recovery
    • Apply update
    • Apply from ADB
    • from your computer: adb sideload (gapps package).zip , i recommend MindTheGapps, because with this package i could update without having to install Gapps again
    • reboot to system
    to update:
    • download the file named like this: crDroidAndroid-11.0-XXXXXXXX-instantnoodle-v7.X.zip in the internal updater and update it
    some large gapps packages will not install due to lack off space

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel: kernel url

Download:
    ROM download
    Changelog: Changelog

Known issues:

Tell Me

crDroid OnePlus 8 Telegram group
    Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid Community Telegram
    Donate to help our team pay server costs

Contributors
    firebird11
    Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Many Thanks to:
    FizzyAps and thznutz87 for the install script
    LuK1337 for his awesome work on op8

Version Information
    Testing
    new builds are up , bt issue should be fixed
    new builds up !
    there's a new build up , DeviceSettings was causing a lot off trouble so i had to remove it.
    alert slider works again
    a new build is up, please don't use the internal installer but download it from our website and follow the install script