• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

ROM[OFFICIAL][instantnoodle][11.0]**crDroid**[V7.9]

Search This thread

ioctl0

Jul 18, 2016
Is it possible to wipe cache partition from bootloader, GUI or console?
App installation and permittion pop-up windows doesn't reacts taps, so I want try clearing cache.

Jan 11, 2021
Hello,

The new build (2021-07-17) is not working on my OnePlus8.
The only builds that work on my phone are March 8,26 and 27th.
I don't know why but newer won't work.

I put the Logcat output of boot sequence bellow (2021-07-17 version), if you have any ideas :)
One more question, I can't access the FactoryMode (not factory reset) to recalibrate my FingerPrint sensor (because my sensor is not working for the moment). Do you have an idea ?

Thank you very much for your help and for your work ;)

laurentlbm

Nov 23, 2011
Thank you for this great ROM!

I have a small issue on 7.8 though. The alert slider doesn't work properly: the bottom position uses the setting from the top position (so it does silent -> vibrate -> silent).

EDIT: Nevermind, another restart fixed it.

Last edited:

DHRL

Jul 16, 2013
OnePlus 8
Since updating I've not been able to get in to the camera via power double tap while screen is locked.

When unlocking its a blank screen and can't get to desktop or camera

Last edited:

ioctl0

Jul 18, 2016
@firebird11 , firmware with Magisk and MicroG installed has problems with software update. New version stuck in boot animation and then enters Qualcomm Crash screen.

I have tried reboot to plain new version, and to version with Magisk and MicroG installed from recovery. I have tried a few versions for upgrade. The same problem.

At that, LineageOS 4 MicroG installed manually boots fine without Wipe.

droidnamedcr

Aug 14, 2021
Hello, i have a problem with occasional fingerprint flashbang that started to occur after i installed
"

N3O No Nonsense Notch Overlay".​

I have deleted and installed it a few times since it seemed to not work (it did work, i misunderstood what it does) and then i noticed that screen started to go to max brightness for a moment when waking phone (not every time).
Is there a way i can get rid of it? And if not how do i reset the ROM?
CrDroid 7.9

BlueBull2

Feb 8, 2011
@firebird11 , firmware with Magisk and MicroG installed has problems with software update. New version stuck in boot animation and then enters Qualcomm Crash screen.

I have tried reboot to plain new version, and to version with Magisk and MicroG installed from recovery. I have tried a few versions for upgrade. The same problem.

At that, LineageOS 4 MicroG installed manually boots fine without Wipe.
I have the same issue. Original install for 7.4 worked flawlessly but after update to 7.9, it crashes on the boot animation and goes to Qualcomm crash dump screen. Factory reset was done after original install and after update install. Issue occurs both when updating through the built-in updater and when updating through the included ROMInstaller.bat. Installation was done after returning the device to completely stock on the newest Android 11 OxygenOS ROM, using the Oneplus MSM tools

If you need more info let me know

Last edited:

sana373

Aug 27, 2021
I have been using this ROM for a few days and I really like it. Love all the options, it's very stable and battery life is good too.

I've just found two small annoyances:
- Fingerprint sensor doesn't work properly (and keeps giving "dirty sensor" errors) when Night Light (the blue light filter option) is on. I kept getting issues with the fingerprint sensor and for some reason it's related to Night Light being on; if I turn it off the fingerprint sensor works great again.
- Auto-brightness doesn't seem to trigger the "high brightness" mode. I could be wrong on this, but on auto-brightness in OOS in direct sunlight it seems to go brighter than what would be max on the slider (without auto-brightness), but this "mode" doesn't seem to get activated in this ROM.

At any rate thank you for the fantastic ROM!

firebird11

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Gasselcity
I have been using this ROM for a few days and I really like it. Love all the options, it's very stable and battery life is good too.

- Fingerprint sensor doesn't work properly (and keeps giving "dirty sensor" errors) when Night Light (the blue light filter option) is on. I kept getting issues with the fingerprint sensor and for some reason it's related to Night Light being on; if I turn it off the fingerprint sensor works great again.
- Auto-brightness doesn't seem to trigger the "high brightness" mode. I could be wrong on this, but on auto-brightness in OOS in direct sunlight it seems to go brighter than what would be max on the slider (without auto-brightness), but this "mode" doesn't seem to get activated in this ROM.

old HBM is back in today's build

Reactions: redtrk and sana373

firebird11

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Gasselcity
I have the same issue. Original install for 7.4 worked flawlessly but after update to 7.9, it crashes on the boot animation and goes to Qualcomm crash dump screen. Factory reset was done after original install and after update install. Issue occurs both when updating through the built-in updater and when updating through the included ROMInstaller.bat. Installation was done after returning the device to completely stock on the newest Android 11 OxygenOS ROM, using the Oneplus MSM tools

If you need more info let me know
hhmmm, i don't use microg so i'm not able to test this,

crashfly

Oct 7, 2009
Unfortunately, this ROM has performed a "Crash Dump" regularly on me. It started occasionally with v7.7 and has gotten worse with v7.9. It is particularly bad when I go to sleep listening to some music, but the phone never wakes me up in the morning because it crashed.

Also the fingerprint sensor has never worked for me on either. The GPS worked fine on v7.7 but stopped working correctly on v7.9.

Both version were clean installed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

old HBM is back in today's build
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer

I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device

You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

for first install:
    • be on the latest firmware possible
    • download the file named like this: crDroidAndroid-11.0-XXXXXXXX-instantnoodle-v7.X-gapps-install-files.zip
    • unpack zip to desktop (or whereever you want)
    • reboot to bootloader
    • run ROMinstaller.bat
    • follow instructions
    • reboot to system
    • if you want to install gapps:
    • reboot back to recovery
    • Apply update
    • Apply from ADB
    • from your computer: adb sideload (gapps package).zip , i recommend MindTheGapps, because with this package i could update without having to install Gapps again
    • reboot to system
    to update:
    • download the file named like this: crDroidAndroid-11.0-XXXXXXXX-instantnoodle-v7.X.zip in the internal updater and update it
    some large gapps packages will not install due to lack off space

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel: kernel url

Download:
    ROM download
    Changelog: Changelog

Known issues:

Tell Me

crDroid OnePlus 8 Telegram group
    Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid Community Telegram
    Donate to help our team pay server costs

Contributors
    firebird11
    Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Many Thanks to:
    FizzyAps and thznutz87 for the install script
    LuK1337 for his awesome work on op8

Version Information
    Testing
    new builds are up , bt issue should be fixed
    new builds up !
    there's a new build up , DeviceSettings was causing a lot off trouble so i had to remove it.
    alert slider works again
    a new build is up, please don't use the internal installer but download it from our website and follow the install script