[ROM][OFFICIAL][instantnoodle][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

bruelltaube

Oct 10, 2015
Experienced this issue from time to time, but it wasn't overly annoying. Seems to have increased with latest nightly. At least that's my impression so far.

Reactions: cracked-screen

cracked-screen

Jun 12, 2016
OnePlus 8
Experienced this issue from time to time, but it wasn't overly annoying. Seems to have increased with latest nightly. At least that's my impression so far.
I'd have to say it is overly annoying for me. It has been happening since I installed LineageOS about a month ago. I'm surprised that no one else seems to be talking about it because I find that I have to enter my PIN most of the time because I run out of unlock attempts.

uhane

Aug 1, 2019
OnePlus 8
Hi
Well, after installing LineageOS the Google Store banned my device, only when it comes to downloading the Revolut app. The reason? "This item is not compatible with your device".

Well, I withdraw the question. Issue solved. TNX

Last edited:

DHD4Me

Dec 19, 2011
Thanks for this ROM.

In the front camera is a led ring for notifications (horizon light?). In the last version of this ROM it doesn't work for me if I setting up the led notification settings. Everbody use this function? It is possible to set it in LOS directly or must I use a third party app. If I must use a third party app, what is the reason why this function not work with LOS?

My mistake, sorry. There is no LED for notification. It's a "third party" function to use always on display (AOD).

Last edited:

tosho1

Apr 17, 2011
Bremen
I just got my "new" OnePlus8 today as my OP5 crashed recently.
The lineage instructions instructs me to upgrade to the latest Android11
Unfortunately the device upgraded to Android 12 before I could flash LineageOS (which is still Android 11).
Is it safe to flash the 11 version over the 12? (off cause I'm planning a clean install)

passion8059

Aug 13, 2010
Unfortunately the device upgraded to Android 12 before I could flash LineageOS (which is still Android 11).
Is it safe to flash the 11 version over the 12? (off cause I'm planning a clean install)
no it won't boot as android 12 blobs for op8 are not stable yet. Need to downgrade to 11 before installing.

mac-duff

Jan 27, 2011
Hi,
even now LineageOS 19 came out, I just installed it on my Oneplus 8 and having issues that the back camera is not working, only the front camera works. Also the fingerprint apears, but is too far to the right and bottom so it can not be configured. Anyone else with this issue? I couldnt find it in this thread.
thanks

Reactions: thattechguy_69

lazarost

Jun 22, 2010
Hi,
Just installed lineage 18.1 over stock "stable" OOS with android 12 on O8 IN2013.
No issues so far, just follow the steps on the lineage wiki, especially the one where you need to reboot recovery to install gapps.

Went with nikgapps full since I need Android auto.

May 21, 2021
Hi, maybe this is a stupid question, but what would need to be done in order to have the OEM camera app work with LOS? I've recently been kinda frustrated with how it's limited to 12mp. Even with gcam it kinda sucks. 😏

Hi, maybe this is a stupid question, but what would need to be done in order to have the OEM camera app work with LOS? I've recently been kinda frustrated with how it's limited to 12mp. Even with gcam it kinda sucks. 😏
you cant, the developer has to add the oem camera by itself as system. the oem camera needs to have its API's in order to work. That's also one of the reasons why its hard to switch to lineage because it lacks oem camera. Hopefully someone adds it to lineage os whether its official or not

May 21, 2021
Another question: I have the T-mobile IN2017 version, but installing LOS lists it as IN2013. Does this make a difference to MSM? What MSM tool should I use to go back to stock TMO firmware? I found one marked for the 2017 and one marked for the 2013.

A link to the proper MSM tool and some personal experience tips would be helpful.

Another question: I have the T-mobile IN2017 version, but installing LOS lists it as IN2013. Does this make a difference to MSM? What MSM tool should I use to go back to stock TMO firmware? I found one marked for the 2017 and one marked for the 2013.

A link to the proper MSM tool and some personal experience tips would be helpful.
You still need to use IN2017 MSM, its normal to have it listed as IN2013. It happens with custom ROMS prob because models are similar

YuTendo

May 21, 2022
I also have a question regarding the camera app -not sure if it is related. The original camera app from OnePlus had a "zoom out" option (like zoom "0.7x"). Not sure if it is correct to call it "wide-angle" -but it felt a bit like it.
Anyhow, unfortunately I did not find any other camera app which provided that feature -and I used it a lot.

So I was looking for the original app from OnePlus and found it on APKMirror:

Again, unfortunately it does not work. I tried three different versions (7.0.30, 6.8.9, and 5.9.55) but the first and the last one just show me a black screen after starting the app, and the second one crashes immediately :/
I am not sure if I simply used the wrong version -or- if it simply does not work at all (for some reason).
As a side node, the apks on that webpage do not work out of the box as the V2 signature is missing. I did sign the apks with my own key and apksigner (which is part of the Android SDK).

Any help is appreciated :)

Best regards,
Yu

Last edited:
I also have a question regarding the camera app -not sure if it is related. The original camera app from OnePlus had a "zoom out" option (like zoom "0.7x"). Not sure if it is correct to call it "wide-angle" -but it felt a bit like it.
Anyhow, unfortunately I did not find any other camera app which provided that feature -and I used it a lot.

Again, unfortunately it does not work. I tried three different versions (7.0.30, 6.8.9, and 5.9.55) but the first and the last one just show me a black screen after starting the app, and the second one crashes immediately :/
I am not sure if I simply used the wrong version -or- if it simply does not work at all (for some reason).
As a side node, the apks on that webpage do not work out of the box as the V2 signature is missing. I did sign the apks with my own key and apksigner (which is part of the Android SDK).

Best regards,
Yu
you also need the gallery apk for the camera to work idk which version but whatever version the camera apk that still works you pair it with the gallery apk on the same time it was released

graycorgi

Apr 23, 2010
Dallas

Best regards,
Yu
On my OP8 i have access to the zoomed out camera using GCam. The GCam version GCam8.2.204_Greatness.211115 along with config nrG-v3-OP8-8T-Greatness-8.2.204-211115.xml supports the normal camera as well as the "wide angle" camera (the 0.6x one from stock OS). You just click the icon with 3 trees to switch to that one. Click the 2 trees to go back to the normal one. Unfortunately the 2mp macro camera is not supported, but that camera is useless anyway.

On my OP8 i have access to the zoomed out camera using GCam. The GCam version GCam8.2.204_Greatness.211115 along with config nrG-v3-OP8-8T-Greatness-8.2.204-211115.xml supports the normal camera as well as the "wide angle" camera (the 0.6x one from stock OS). You just click the icon with 3 trees to switch to that one. Click the 2 trees to go back to the normal one. Unfortunately the 2mp macro camera is not supported, but that camera is useless anyway.
fr that macro is useless

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi @astro2737
    Nope -I never had this issue.

-and-

Hi @cracked-screen
    A bit late, but I also don't have the fingerprint scanner issue. I use this rom now for two weeks and it always works very well.
    @anishpratheepan Hello bro, did u still developing? we can expect los19 from your hand?
    +1 the maintainer is still rolling out builds, hopefully we can see LOS 19.1 roll out soon for the 8 series as the 6T already got the update ironically. The unofficial 19.1 build and crDroid are as close as we can get to LOS 19.1 atm (I wouldn't recommend running the unofficial 19.1 though)
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Kernel source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8250
    {Mod edit: Link to kernel source added on request of OP}

Donate:
    Hi @astro2737
    Nope -I never had this issue.

-and-

Hi @cracked-screen
    A bit late, but I also don't have the fingerprint scanner issue. I use this rom now for two weeks and it always works very well.
    1. Yes, No Face unlock
    2. It's working
    3. Volume sliders works perfectly
    My vol slider is perfect and download
    I'm loving the official Lineage and all set up without issue.
    There are a few niggles I have that make me wanna stick with Oxygen OS for now (until OP fall behind on their updates for the device.
    • No Face Unlock?
    • No working wide-angle camera?
    • Volume slider doesn't work?
    So... while I'll be back in the near future. How do I revert back to stock?
    Back on OS via MSS tool for now but will be following this thread and development closely :)
    Op isn't falling behind on anything ? This is the first build for op8. Perfect fp scanner no need for face unlock at all,as good as stock. My volume slider works like stock build also & download a different cam. We owe these people our thanks, not our complaints.

Here is link to Wichaya. Download and install the apk. These are the gold standard for our devices. Work nicely right out the box.

Thread '[OP8] Modded Google Camera with HDR+, Astrophotography and Google AWD' https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-hdr-astrophotography-and-google-awd.4151709/
    Hoping for Lineage 19.1, Prayge
    Search for payload dumper. Can be used in Windows as a standalone program, or making use of Python3 under Linux as well. Doing so, you will be able to extract the boot.img to be patched with Magisk. Very good explanations on howto, here on XDA.
    Either this or you flash it directly as a zip, which is what i did