[ROM][OFFICIAL][instantnoodle][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

joshie22

Jun 2, 2020
Having troubles with maps and location services. Maps don't know where I am even though they have location permissions, same is true with chrome, etc.

chriswcs

Nov 3, 2013
Either this or you flash it directly as a zip, which is what i did
I tried that yesterday, but then it fails Attestation, both basicIntegrity and ctsProfile.

Although made for Nokia, the steps in this thread generally apply. You have to download your Oneplus OTA of course.
I'm already on LineageOS, so I don't have my original boot.img, and when I try to extract and patch the LineageOS payload's boot.img, I get an Unable to Extract error in Magisk.

I can tell messing with this phone, I'm off my game. Haven't been flashing ROMs and messing with recovery images in a few years, so I'm feeling like a newbie all over again.

Appreciate both of your inputs, though - thank you kindly :)

Last edited:
Reactions: mvmike

Deano1889

Jul 20, 2008
Sheffield
I'm loving the official Lineage and all set up without issue.
There are a few niggles I have that make me wanna stick with Oxygen OS for now (until OP fall behind on their updates for the device.
  • No Face Unlock?
  • No working wide-angle camera?
  • Volume slider doesn't work?
So... while I'll be back in the near future. How do I revert back to stock?
Back on OS via MSS tool for now but will be following this thread and development closely :)

Last edited:

anishpratheepan

Dec 10, 2016
OnePlus 3T
Moto G5 Plus
There are a few niggles I have that make me wanna stick with Oxygen OS for now (until OP fall behind on thier updates for the device.
  • No Face Unlock?
1. Yes, No Face unlock
2. It's working
3. Volume sliders works perfectly

mattie_49

• Feb 4, 2010
    Seymour Tn
    OnePlus 9
    1. Yes, No Face unlock
    2. It's working
    My vol slider is perfect and download
    There are a few niggles I have that make me wanna stick with Oxygen OS for now (until OP fall behind on their updates for the device.
    • No Face Unlock?
    Back on OS via MSS tool for now but will be following this thread and development closely :)
    Op isn't falling behind on anything ? This is the first build for op8. Perfect fp scanner no need for face unlock at all,as good as stock. My volume slider works like stock build also & download a different cam. We owe these people our thanks, not our complaints.

Here is link to Wichaya. Download and install the apk. These are the gold standard for our devices. Work nicely right out the box.

Thread '[OP8] Modded Google Camera with HDR+, Astrophotography and Google AWD' https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-hdr-astrophotography-and-google-awd.4151709/

Last edited:
    Reactions: IJoxer

Deano1889

Jul 20, 2008
    Sheffield
    1. Yes, No Face unlock
    2. It's working
    3. Volume sliders works

My vol slider is perfect and download

Op isn't falling behind on anything ? This is the first build for op8. Perfect fp scanner no need for face unlock at all,as good as stock. My volume slider works like stock build also & download a different cam. We owe these people our thanks, not our complaints.

Here is link to Wichaya. Download and install the apk. These are the gold standard for our devices. Work nicely right out the box.

Thread '[OP8] Modded Google Camera with HDR+, Astrophotography and Google AWD' https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-hdr-astrophotography-and-google-awd.4151709/
    I didn't mean it to come across as ungrateful and the fact I jumped on this ROM without a thought shows how much I love and appreciate the work. Just for me I'm OK on stock for the time being as Lineage doesn't bring me anything over n above that I'd utilise on the OP8... Just yet.

I've got Lineage on 3 other devices and certainly no hater. I'll probably be back on it in a month or so when I decide to ditch stock anyway 😂

Reactions: mattie_49

GekkePrutser

Feb 22, 2010
    This ROM works great for me, thank you for providing it!

2 issues I wanted to mention though:
    • When I connect the warp charger, it says "Charging slowly - 2 hours until full" :) (And it's at 77% so it should warp charge). However it seems to charge pretty fast anyway! So I think it's just the message that's wrong, not that the warp charge doesn't work
    • The ultrawide cam doesn't seem to be available in the camera app. Didn't try other apps yet.
    • The fingerprint scanner shows 2 pictures of a fingerprint on top of each other in some cases (like in-app fingerprint unlock)
    But overall it's great and I'm really happy to have LOS on this device!

mattie_49

• Feb 4, 2010
    Seymour Tn
    OnePlus 9
    This ROM works great for me, thank you for providing it!

2 issues I wanted to mention though:
    • When I connect the warp charger, it says "Charging slowly - 2 hours until full" :) (And it's at 77% so it should warp charge). However it seems to charge pretty fast anyway! So I think it's just the message that's wrong, not that the warp charge doesn't work
    • The ultrawide cam doesn't seem to be available in the camera app. Didn't try other apps yet.
    • The fingerprint scanner shows 2 pictures of a fingerprint on top of each other in some cases (like in-app fingerprint unlock)
    But overall it's great and I'm really happy to have LOS on this device!
    I'm a verizon op8 and have same top and bottom issues as well. Nuked the Lineage snap quick as I got here so can't confirm or deny cam. Using wichaya,Urnyx.

jukabito

Apr 8, 2021
    Thank you for this! Been a big fan of CM back when I was using the OnePlus One, super nice to see LineageOS :)

Quick question, before I flash this, is there any way to revert to stock in case something isn't working as expected? Or will there be things that don't work after reverting?

mattie_49

• Feb 4, 2010
    Seymour Tn
    OnePlus 9
    Thank you for this! Been a big fan of CM back when I was using the OnePlus One, super nice to see LineageOS :)

Quick question, before I flash this, is there any way to revert to stock in case something isn't working as expected? Or will there be things that don't work after reverting?
    I've went back and forth since the 4/01 via msm tool. Flashed different aosp builds. No issues either way. Hunt down msm tool for your variant. This returns your device to stock condition,relocked...Msm tools are under op8 guides,news,discussion.

Reactions: jukabito

jukabito

Apr 8, 2021
    I've went back and forth since the 4/01 via msm tool. Flashed different aosp builds. No issues either way. Hunt down msm tool for your variant. This is what it's for. Msm tools are under op8 guides,news,discussion.
    Alright great!

I read cases of fingerprint not working after using MSM tool, and that you need to take a copy of the persist.img

Did you do that? And if so, how?

Last edited:

mattie_49

• Feb 4, 2010
    Seymour Tn
    OnePlus 9
    Alright great!

I read cases of fingerprint not working after using MSM tool, and that you need to take a copy of the persist.img

Did you do that? And if so, how?
    Thread 'How to backup persist partition?' https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/how-to-backup-persist-partition.3926590/
    Or if you have root now. Download partions backup and restore from playstore. Backup persist this way.

Qualex11

Feb 3, 2021
    Whenever I flash, it ends up booting but the OS seems to be corrupt because it says that setup crashed. I already factory reset and copied partitions. Any suggestions?

mattie_49

• Feb 4, 2010
    Seymour Tn
    OnePlus 9
    Whenever I flash, it ends up booting but the OS seems to be corrupt because it says that setup crashed. I already factory reset and copied partitions. Any suggestions?
    You have to sideload this through recovery. Then gapps if you so desire. I'm on build have been. Installed a few times since it released on 4/01 and had zero issues. We're you on A11 when you started ? Go to lineage os website and follow the wiki instructions .

Dec 3, 2018
    First of all, the rom is pretty smooth and I didn't found any bug yet. Together with Hasty I have like 9h SoT what's impressive.
    Is it maybe possible to get the volume slider on the left side ? For me as left handed person it's not that's easy to use it.

mattie_49

• Feb 4, 2010
    Seymour Tn
    OnePlus 9
    Absolutely amazing aosp vanilla experience. Radioactive kernel added. Verizon op8

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210409-115213_GSam_Battery_Monitor.png
      Screenshot_20210409-115213_GSam_Battery_Monitor.png
      222.7 KB · Views: 50

GekkePrutser

Feb 22, 2010
    Another thing I noticed: The auto brightness puts it back to 80% or so every few minutes, even at night. So it doesn't work very well.

I tried with another app and it can see the light sensor so I think it's just not working right now. The lowest brightness is also much higher than it was on OxygenOS, which is a bit difficult at night.

Update: With the latest build this is fixed! It's not jumping back anymore and it goes much lower at night, thanks!!

Last edited:

mvmike

Mar 13, 2018
    Now that there is a new build, does somebody know the steps to take to update with gapps?

My assumption would be to upgrade such as in first install (without the wipe), but would like to know if there is simpler way with the updater

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Now that there is a new build, does somebody know the steps to take to update with gapps?

My assumption would be to upgrade such as in first install (without the wipe), but would like to know if there is simpler way with the updater
      Just took update . Retained everything but root. No gapps needed
      well, entered bootloop again and needed to do another factory reset, I suppose i needed to uninstall magisk or something before doing the OTA.

In any case, still not sure about how to update LOS with gapps + magisk :S

In case somebody faces the same issue, the following procedure allowed me to update without data loss :)

It's just like the install except don't wipe anything (since official).

- Reboot to recovery.
      - Apply Update --> Apply from ADB.
      - On a PC --> Sideload the Lineage.zip (adb sideload Lineage.zip)
      - If you use Gapps, reboot to recovery (this option is under the advance menu).
      - Apply Update --> Apply from ADB
      - Once again --> On a PC Sideload Gapps, Magisk, etc.
      - Reboot.
      - You should be updated no loss of data.
      Yes, it's the 128GB
      Thanks for the reply.
      There is a Real issue for us 128GB device users as this seems more than just a coincidence in my opinion.
      I have tried to flag this issue to the main dev's for the instantnoodle but have so far had no response. Maybe a few more soft bricks is required. :D
      Just in case any dev's are actually interested @LuK1337
      https://github.com/LineageOS/androi...mmit/61cac1b87ea5aefb357fc8166b599f2ddcf7fac1 These need to be about half for our 128GB devices if I understand correctly.
      Thanks for the reply.
      There is a Real issue for us 128GB device users as this seems more than just a coincidence in my opinion.
      I have tried to flag this issue to the main dev's for the instantnoodle but have so far had no response. Maybe a few more soft bricks is required. :D
      https://github.com/LineageOS/androi...mmit/61cac1b87ea5aefb357fc8166b599f2ddcf7fac1 These need to be about half for our 128GB devices if I understand correctly.
      No
      2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
      Downloads :
      Reporting Bugs
      • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
      • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
      • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
      • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
      Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
      What is your--
      LineageOS version:
      LineageOS Download url:
      Gapps version:

Did you--
      wipe:
      restore with titanium backup:
      reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
      a task killer:
      a non-stock kernel:
      other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Kernel source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8250
      {Mod edit: Link to kernel source added on request of OP}

Donate:
      There are a few niggles I have that make me wanna stick with Oxygen OS for now (until OP fall behind on thier updates for the device.
      • No Face Unlock?
      1. Yes, No Face unlock
      2. It's working
      Copying bugs from the closed thread with some additions:

1) Display is too light on minimal brightness, it's not comfortable to use in darkness. Also, it seems its too dark on maximum brightness, but I am not sure.

2) Phone speaker too loud on minimal volume. Everybody in room can hear my interlocutor.

3) Gravitation sensor work fine in apps like SatStat, but not in camera apps: OpenCamera and GCam. While making a photo, horizontal line in camera react to position change very, very slowly. It take about 15 seconds to display real horizon.

4) Not sure its a software problem, but nevertheless: Acc daemon + AccA app cannot limit battery charging voltage. This feature is very usefull to prolong battery live.

5) Phone setting to check Proximity settings before activation is not working, so, phone aims to go active in pocket. Proximity sensor itself is working (proved with SatStat app).

6) May be related to (1). Light sensor shows illumination value about 2..6 times more that it should be (tested with SatStat on a few devices). Error multiplicator not so big in dark place and grows with illumination level.
      Is it possible to get Magisk or something else like it installed with this? I'd like to root and prevent apps from knowing, so they all function as normal.

Lineage never had any issue with Magisk, have both nikgapps (core) + Magisk working perfectly.

Just follow the instructions and remember to let system boot once after fresh install before
      Thanks for the reply.
      No
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone