• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][OFFICIAL][instantnoodle][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

Rootmaster906

Dec 2, 2020
Download the ROM And Use Adb Sideload in recovery(check1st comment)

OR IF SIDELOAD DOES NOT WORK THEN DO THE FOLLOWING

Download payload dumper and extract its zip
Now connect your device to your PC via usb cable
Now do all these commands one by one (Click enter after every command):-
"fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"
"fastboot flash boot boot.img"
"fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img"
"fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta vbmeta.img"
"fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img"
"fastboot reboot fastboot"
"fastboot flash system system.img"
"fastboot flash product product.img"
"fastboot flash system_ext system_ext.img"
"fastboot flash odm odm.img"
"fastboot flash vendor vendor.img"
"fastboot reboot recovery"
Go to factory reset and click yes (If ur coming from another ROM)
Reboot to system
[First boot will take a few minutes! Have patience]
Clean Flash is always recommended!
No dice. Lineage 18 and all ROMs are constantly crashing..or on reboot, gets stuck on splash screen or boot image logo screen.

ekrainey

Aug 6, 2009
i just took the 6-12 update from within the rom, after reboot i have no network. was working perfect before. any suggestions

had to clean install 6-5 to get my signal back, something in the latest update must have broke my modem.

Last edited:

mobile_sensei

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2011
Washington DC
OnePlus 8
No dice. Lineage 18 and all ROMs are constantly crashing..or on reboot, gets stuck on splash screen or boot image logo screen.
Switch partition to B then flash ROM. After flash is complete, reboot into recovery, don't reboot system. In recovery erase data/factory reset. Go to Update, update via adb, sideliad gapps, reboot system. If you want root, Install Magisk Manager app, reboot back into recovery, recovery via adb sideload magisk.zip

The A/B recovery took me a bit to figure out too

Reactions: Rootmaster906

Rootmaster906

Dec 2, 2020
Switch partition to B then flash ROM. After flash is complete, reboot into recovery, don't reboot system. In recovery erase data/factory reset. Go to Update, update via adb, sideliad gapps, reboot system. If you want root, Install Magisk Manager app, reboot back into recovery, recovery via adb sideload magisk.zip

The A/B recovery took me a bit to figure out too
No dice. But thanks

itchydroid

Aug 21, 2018
i just took the 6-12 update from within the rom, after reboot i have no network. was working perfect before. any suggestions

had to clean install 6-5 to get my signal back, something in the latest update must have broke my modem.
I can also confirm this. I bought the Onelus 8 (US Version) during prime day sale on Amazon. First thing I did after recieving it was do minor setup and update to the most recent OOS and firmware updates via OTA as of June 25, 2021. After all that was successful, I proceeded to unlock bootloader, and install LineageOS 06-20 recovery and finally LineageOS 06-20 ROM . After install and setup, I inserted my TMO sim from my old phone and no signal or sim detection. Rebooted, same thing. I then install 06-12 recovery and rom, still no signal and no sim. Installed 06-05, voila, signal finally. I will stick with 06-05 until issue is resolved.

Update: Not long after this post, I saw 06-26 was released. Did a dirty install of it of it on top of 06-05 and still had SIM and signal. Looks like the 06-26 update fixed it. Thanks

Last edited:

ekrainey

Aug 6, 2009
I can also confirm this. I bought the Onelus 8 (US Version) during prime day sale on Amazon. First thing I did after recieving it was do minor setup and update to the most recent OOS and firmware updates via OTA as of June 25, 2021. After all that was successful, I proceeded to unlock bootloader, and install LineageOS 06-20 recovery and finally LineageOS 06-20 ROM . After install and setup, I inserted my TMO sim from my old phone and no signal or sim detection. Rebooted, same thing. I then install 06-12 recovery and rom, still no signal and no sim. Installed 06-05, voila, signal finally. I will stick with 06-05 until issue is resolved.

Update: Not long after this post, I saw 06-26 was released. Did a dirty install of it of it on top of 06-05 and still had SIM and signal. Looks like the 06-26 update fixed it. Thanks
Great! thanks For posting this. i was holding off on any updates

bruelltaube

Oct 10, 2015
After todays update fingerprint seems to be broken for me. It's neither available for login (unlocking the phone) nor working, although available, for app interaction. Can anyone confirm?

Edit: Updated via OTA from previous build.

Edit #2: Three restarts later FP is working flawlessly again. Strange, never experienced sth like that before... Nvm :)

Last edited:

tr1cky1

Feb 19, 2011
Cologne
high-minded.net
Can someone who uses LineageOS post speedometer 2.0 results? I believe Oneplus is also throttling the Oneplus 8, but less than the Oneplus 9.

See the notebookcheck review of the Oneplus 8: https://www.notebookcheck.net/OnePl...one-even-in-the-non-pro-version.476853.0.html

And then see the review of the 8 Pro: https://www.notebookcheck.net/OnePl...iew-Now-also-charges-wirelessly.462178.0.html

Oneplus 8 Speedometer 2.0 score:
e6bc02f5b872.png

Oneplus 8 Pro Speedmoter 2.0 score:
14b027c53f19.png

mvmike

Mar 13, 2018
Catalonia
github.com
OnePlus 8
Can someone who uses LineageOS post speedometer 2.0 results? I believe Oneplus is also throttling the Oneplus 8, but less than the Oneplus 9.

See the notebookcheck review of the Oneplus 8: https://www.notebookcheck.net/OnePl...one-even-in-the-non-pro-version.476853.0.html

And then see the review of the 8 Pro: https://www.notebookcheck.net/OnePl...iew-Now-also-charges-wirelessly.462178.0.html

e6bc02f5b872.png

14b027c53f19.png

Those are the results i get with los18.1, latest nightly, no modified kernel (chrome 91)

Screenshot_20210714-094752_Chrome.png
Screenshot_20210714-094755_Chrome.png

Reactions: tr1cky1

Calebdvn

Dec 2, 2018
When I install this rom on my Oneplus 8, the wifi doesn't work. If I attempt to turn it on it freezes for a while and then nothing happens and it just doesn't turn on. My oneplus 8 is from Visible, IN2015 Build IN68CE.

ewong3

May 28, 2015
stuck at PIN screen after latest OTA update?

did anyone get this issue after the 0724 update? can't enter system and very laggy Pin input screen...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

e6bc02f5b872.png

14b027c53f19.png

Those are the results i get with los18.1, latest nightly, no modified kernel (chrome 91)

2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Kernel source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8250
    {Mod edit: Link to kernel source added on request of OP}

Donate:
    Search for payload dumper. Can be used in Windows as a standalone program, or making use of Python3 under Linux as well. Doing so, you will be able to extract the boot.img to be patched with Magisk. Very good explanations on howto, here on XDA.
    Either this or you flash it directly as a zip, which is what i did
    I'm loving the official Lineage and all set up without issue.
    There are a few niggles I have that make me wanna stick with Oxygen OS for now (until OP fall behind on thier updates for the device.
    • No Face Unlock?
    • No working wide-angle camera?
    • Volume slider doesn't work?
    So... while I'll be back in the near future. How do I revert back to stock?
    1. Yes, No Face unlock
    2. It's working
    3. Volume sliders works perfectly
    Copying bugs from the closed thread with some additions:

1) Display is too light on minimal brightness, it's not comfortable to use in darkness. Also, it seems its too dark on maximum brightness, but I am not sure.

2) Phone speaker too loud on minimal volume. Everybody in room can hear my interlocutor.

3) Gravitation sensor work fine in apps like SatStat, but not in camera apps: OpenCamera and GCam. While making a photo, horizontal line in camera react to position change very, very slowly. It take about 15 seconds to display real horizon.

4) Not sure its a software problem, but nevertheless: Acc daemon + AccA app cannot limit battery charging voltage. This feature is very usefull to prolong battery live.

5) Phone setting to check Proximity settings before activation is not working, so, phone aims to go active in pocket. Proximity sensor itself is working (proved with SatStat app).

6) May be related to (1). Light sensor shows illumination value about 2..6 times more that it should be (tested with SatStat on a few devices). Error multiplicator not so big in dark place and grows with illumination level.

e6bc02f5b872.png

14b027c53f19.png