• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][instantnoodle][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

k9r4n16

Mar 29, 2019
OnePlus 8
So, I installed Lineage OS without Gapps and was wondering how I can get YouTube Vanced working without Google Play Services, and the OnePlus Camera app working also. I think on the OnePlus Forums, someone said something about the camera blobs, so I pulled the build.prop file but not sure what I'm looking for. If anyone can help, that would be appreicated. IN2017 (T-Mobile Variant) Magisk rooted latest Lineage OS (20210829)

abnormalindian

Jul 4, 2021
OnePlus 2
Samsung Galaxy S7
So, I installed Lineage OS without Gapps and was wondering how I can get YouTube Vanced working without Google Play Services, and the OnePlus Camera app working also. I think on the OnePlus Forums, someone said something about the camera blobs, so I pulled the build.prop file but not sure what I'm looking for. If anyone can help, that would be appreicated. IN2017 (T-Mobile Variant) Magisk rooted latest Lineage OS (20210829)
MicroG.

bruelltaube

Oct 10, 2015
Experienced this kind of behaviour about 6 nightlies ago. When I thought that a clean installation from start would be mandatory. But when I tried updating again, 2 nightlies later I had no problems at all. And no problems since then.

Not much of a help, just to offer some hope (?) ...

DarkB055

Oct 5, 2019
So I have a request. I'm not sure if it can be done since it would technically slightly deviate from stock. But this is my favorite ROM so far so I'll ask:

Can you add the ability to force Dual Channel SBC mode on any Bluetooth audio device? LineageOS actually already supports Dual Channel SBC mode but if the headphone supports a different codec such as AAC, dual channel cannot be enabled since AAC would override the "HD Audio" switch.

My headphone supports AAC but Dual Channel SBC is far better since it can do almost double the data. Please let me know if you would be able to do this.

I have no idea how you would do it. But everything you need to do this should be available in the source code, you just have to find a method to change it's behavior.

Thank you for the amazing rom @anishpratheepan

CereSG6

Oct 13, 2017
Thanks for this ROM for my new OP8. I recently switched to this ROM coming from OP6 Official Lineage. I'm using vanilla LineageOS nightly + Magisk + AFWall + F-Droid store.
So i'm not too new to LOS, but to the device :)
I have four questions:
1. I installed magisk by patching the boot.img which seems to work fine. With the OP6 i had to re-install magisk every time, when i updated LOS. Is this still necessary?
2. I've set brightness to auto and it seems to be always much brighter, than OP6. Is there a possibility to make this less bright?
3. How would i flash an update to vendor rom without reinstalling LOS?
4. Is anybody using backup to nextcloud and ever tried a restore? Is it save to use?

Thanks for any help on these.

Last edited:

bruelltaube

Oct 10, 2015
1. I installed magisk by patching the boot.img which seems to work fine. With the OP6 i had to re-install magisk every time, when i updated LOS. Is this still necessary?
2. I've set brightness to auto and it seems to be always much brighter, than OP6. Is there a possibility to make this less bright?
4. Is anybody using backup to nextcloud and ever tried a restore? Is it save to use?
Ad 1: after every OTA and BEFORE rebooting simply install Magisk (via the app) to inactive slot. Then reboot and enjoy the update while still/again having root.

Ad 4: I backup/restore contacts and calendar using Nextcloud without problems, but no nandroid if you were refering to this.

Unfortunately no input to 2 & 3 from my side...

Reactions: CereSG6

CereSG6

Oct 13, 2017
Ad 1: after every OTA and BEFORE rebooting simply install Magisk (via the app) to inactive slot. Then reboot and enjoy the update while still/again having root.

Ad 4: I backup/restore contacts and calendar using Nextcloud without problems, but no nandroid if you were refering to this.

Hi bruelltaube,
thanks for the infos i'll try that out with the next weekly.
Regarding 4 i meant the seedvault builtin backup tool. this has an option for nextcloud as target.
I'm using nextcloud for contacts, calendar, notes and so on and this works usually great. Allthough i'm having issues right now with contacts, but that's another issue.

CereSG6

Oct 13, 2017
Regarding the Question 2

It seems, that "Adaptive Brightness" learns the brightness preferences from what i adjust manually. Today it is already showing less brightness in most light conditions.

Pheeno

Mar 18, 2016
As this would be my first time fiddling with a device that has the A/B partitioning scheme, what is the best/easiest method to revert back to a locked bootloader with the original firmware? I'm guessing it to be through the official unbrick tool as this was the easiest method previously on my OP5.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you mean my post above then i have the OP8. I edited the post to avoid misunderstandings.
    No. I thought this was my rom's thread and deleted my post. I didn't mean you.

I've said my rom has magisk prebuilt, so no flashing is required. Also, custom roms for Oneplus 8 series provide their own vendor, unlike Oneplus 6.

2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Kernel source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8250
    {Mod edit: Link to kernel source added on request of OP}

Donate:
    Search for payload dumper. Can be used in Windows as a standalone program, or making use of Python3 under Linux as well. Doing so, you will be able to extract the boot.img to be patched with Magisk. Very good explanations on howto, here on XDA.
    Either this or you flash it directly as a zip, which is what i did
    I'm loving the official Lineage and all set up without issue.
    There are a few niggles I have that make me wanna stick with Oxygen OS for now (until OP fall behind on thier updates for the device.
    • No Face Unlock?
    • No working wide-angle camera?
    • Volume slider doesn't work?
    So... while I'll be back in the near future. How do I revert back to stock?
    1. Yes, No Face unlock
    2. It's working
    3. Volume sliders works perfectly
    Copying bugs from the closed thread with some additions:

1) Display is too light on minimal brightness, it's not comfortable to use in darkness. Also, it seems its too dark on maximum brightness, but I am not sure.

2) Phone speaker too loud on minimal volume. Everybody in room can hear my interlocutor.

3) Gravitation sensor work fine in apps like SatStat, but not in camera apps: OpenCamera and GCam. While making a photo, horizontal line in camera react to position change very, very slowly. It take about 15 seconds to display real horizon.

4) Not sure its a software problem, but nevertheless: Acc daemon + AccA app cannot limit battery charging voltage. This feature is very usefull to prolong battery live.

5) Phone setting to check Proximity settings before activation is not working, so, phone aims to go active in pocket. Proximity sensor itself is working (proved with SatStat app).

6) May be related to (1). Light sensor shows illumination value about 2..6 times more that it should be (tested with SatStat on a few devices). Error multiplicator not so big in dark place and grows with illumination level.