• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][instantnoodle][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

k9r4n16

Mar 29, 2019
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9
Did you flash GApps before you rebooted into Lineage?

You're supposed to flash Lineage, reboot to recovery, ADB sideload, sideload GApps and make sure you select yes if it asks to install anyway (because of an invalid signature or something).

android_dan

Feb 17, 2015
Did you flash GApps before you rebooted into Lineage?

You're supposed to flash Lineage, reboot to recovery, ADB sideload, sideload GApps and make sure you select yes if it asks to install anyway (because of an invalid signature or something).
I got it figured out. Thanks for the reply anyway.

Mortsgreb

Nov 16, 2021
Hi all, I just flashed lineage to my Oneplus8, and installed the pico version of GApps, (originally I tried nano, but apparently it was too big).

Everything is working flawlessly other than one thing, the google assistant. I got google assistant installed, and setup as the app default, but I don't see any setting to allow for the assistant to be pulled up when long pressing the power button. This was a really great feature to me, so I was wondering if there is a way to enable that, or if I need a different GApps package for that functionality, thanks.

palasx

Jun 12, 2010
Installed to sim-unlocked, bootloader unlocked (duh?) T-Mobile IN2017 model OnePlus 8 5G, after doing FW update from latest official rom payload as described here: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/instantnoodle/fw_update

Everything works EXCEPT cell modem/data. Verified my APNs are correct, and trying to select network manually gets me "Couldn't find network. Try again."

Anyone successfully using this on an IN2017? Any suggestions?

::EDIT::
I think i see where i screwed up. i used OnePlus8Oxygen_15.O.40_OTA_0400_all_2110102322_0d9b0537dc6949b3.zip to update the firmware, instead of one of these: https://t.me/s/OPUpdatesTracker?q=11.0.1.1.IN55CB

Ive gone ahead and used the MSM tool to flash back back to one of the A10 TMO firmwares, and will let the phone update to A11 on-device (11.0.5.7), and then try again.

Last edited:
May 21, 2021
I'm looking at getting one of these from T-mobile. I assume it would be the IN2017 model. Can someone who has this variant confirm that the official build can in fact be flashed as normal and that it does work properly? I'm wondering if official LOS updates will work, if VoLTE works, etc. Thanks!

palasx

Jun 12, 2010
I'm looking at getting one of these from T-mobile. I assume it would be the IN2017 model. Can someone who has this variant confirm that the official build can in fact be flashed as normal and that it does work properly? I'm wondering if official LOS updates will work, if VoLTE works, etc. Thanks!
I have this phone, the IN2017, and am using this ROM as my daily driver. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR: update the phone to latest official on the phone itself before doing anything else! This way you get the updated modem firmware that matches for Android 11/Lineage 18.1

One weird thing i noted is that after isntalling this ROM, my phone shows that my device model is IN2013, instead of IN2017. Doesn't SEEM to affect anything? if anyone else can chime in on that, would very much like to confirm that i didnt eff up something with firmware update.

palasx

Jun 12, 2010
@palasx Thanks for the info. Did you need to flash anything else besides the LOS image and GApps to get it to work correctly? Does 5g still work?
i flashed LOS, MindTheGapps, and Magick, using the LOS Recovery, following the instructions for install on the device info page. Upgrading to the latest stock firmware from tmobile took care of updating all the flashable devices in the phone.

5g works, but its not amazing in my area :(

Last edited:
Reactions: faheyd

Whyfth

Aug 12, 2018
Hi, i want to use this rom but i'm afraid about the fingerprint (persist.img). Should i backup it? and... How?
I don't know if i can backup it just opening bootloader and use custom recovery or im going to need something more.

Thank you.

Last edited:

palasx

Jun 12, 2010
Hi, i want to use this rom but i'm afraid about the fingerprint (persist.img). Should i backup it? and... How?
I don't know if i can backup it just opening bootloader and use custom recovery or im going to need something more.

Thank you.
This seems to explain the backup, repair, restore process in great details.

Donrah21

Jan 23, 2019
I'm having a hard time flashing this rom I'm using a TMobile oneplus8 converted to global each time I run the batch file and the rom flashes I end up in a boot loop can someone please offer me some assistance I must be doing something wrong or is this not compatible with converted phones?

myphoneisterrible

Jan 1, 2022
Hello,

Can you confirm whether or not the IN2017 works with T-Mobile VoLTE with LOS? I need a new phone before the 3G shutdown and want to keep running LOS.
Thank you!

Edit: assuming you installed LOS and are on T-Mobile. That's what I gathered from your reply.

Last edited:
May 21, 2021
@myphoneisterrible, I did install LOS and am running on USA T-Mobile. VoLTE works great, as does 5G. I did not flash Magisk, so I can't vouch for functionality of that. I definitely recommend installing a Gcam port, as stock LOS camera sucks., and you can't install the stock OOS camera. Also, you might notce that after installing LOS the model number changes from IN2017 to IN2013. It doesn't seem to have any effect on operation whatsoever.

Side note, I got my phone on contract and still managed to convince T-mo into unlocking the sim. Bootloader unlocking is a little odd, directions can be found here: https://androidbiits.com/unlock-bootloader...
Oneplus waits almost exactly a week to the hour before sending you the unlock_code.bin file you need to flash before you can finish bootloader unlocking.

One more thing tho, If you have the choice to get the 8t over the 8 standard, do so. I'm having a sort of a problem finding decent cases and glass screen protectors. It seems that the 8 standard is a forgotten model because the 8t stole the show just months later. You'll find plenty of accessories for the 8t.

To everybody on this thread: If anybody has a recommendation for a good tempered glass screen protector, I'm listening!

Edit: Just noticed your join date; Welcome to XDA, @myphoneisterrible!

Reactions: [email protected]
May 21, 2021
@Donrah21
I'm having a hard time flashing this rom I'm using a TMobile oneplus8 converted to global each time I run the batch file and the rom flashes I end up in a boot loop can someone please offer me some assistance I must be doing something wrong or is this not compatible with converted phones?
Can you explain how you tried to convert it? Also curious about this "batch file" you are trying to use to install LOS. Or maybe I'm not understanding correctly. Can you please give some more background?

myphoneisterrible

Jan 1, 2022
@myphoneisterrible, I did install LOS and am running on USA T-Mobile. VoLTE works great, as does 5G. I did not flash Magisk, so I can't vouch for functionality of that. I definitely recommend installing a Gcam port, as stock LOS camera sucks., and you can't install the stock OOS camera. Also, you might notce that after installing LOS the model number changes from IN2017 to IN2013. It doesn't seem to have any effect on operation whatsoever.

Side note, I got my phone on contract and still managed to convince T-mo into unlocking the sim. Bootloader unlocking is a little odd, directions can be found here: https://androidbiits.com/unlock-bootloader...
Oneplus waits almost exactly a week to the hour before sending you the unlock_code.bin file you need to flash before you can finish bootloader unlocking.

One more thing tho, If you have the choice to get the 8t over the 8 standard, do so. I'm having a sort of a problem finding decent cases and glass screen protectors. It seems that the 8 standard is a forgotten model because the 8t stole the show just months later. You'll find plenty of accessories for the 8t.

To everybody on this thread: If anybody has a recommendation for a good tempered glass screen protector, I'm listening!

Thanks so much for the reply and the warm welcome!
And yeah, I agree. I personally do not like the LOS camera. I install Simple Camera from F-Droid and hide the default camera lol.

mackisus

Jan 19, 2022
Hey! Nice rom! I have been using it for a week or so and have noticed a lot of speed improvements from OxygenOS, as well as new features and things that even the stock rom didn't have correct or fixed, like the roaming data. There is, however one major thing that is making this kind of hard to use - Once the mobile network disconnects or I go out of service area, the mobile network doesn't re-connect and I have "no service" until I either reboot the phone or open up Network signal guru and leave it on. I made sure to update the stock rom to the very latest vendor version before flashing LOS 18, as well as leaving "mobile data always on" enabled in development settings. APN was double checked for typos as well. Is anyone else having this problem with this rom doing that? And if so, what were your solutions for it? I'm also not too sure how to log this, otherwise i would have it on here!

I also made a Reddit post about this as well- https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/s7dhye
Thanks!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Kernel source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8250
    {Mod edit: Link to kernel source added on request of OP}

Donate:
    1. Yes, No Face unlock
    2. It's working
    3. Volume sliders works perfectly
    My vol slider is perfect and download
    I'm loving the official Lineage and all set up without issue.
    There are a few niggles I have that make me wanna stick with Oxygen OS for now (until OP fall behind on their updates for the device.
    • No Face Unlock?
    • No working wide-angle camera?
    • Volume slider doesn't work?
    So... while I'll be back in the near future. How do I revert back to stock?
    Back on OS via MSS tool for now but will be following this thread and development closely :)
    Op isn't falling behind on anything ? This is the first build for op8. Perfect fp scanner no need for face unlock at all,as good as stock. My volume slider works like stock build also & download a different cam. We owe these people our thanks, not our complaints.

Here is link to Wichaya. Download and install the apk. These are the gold standard for our devices. Work nicely right out the box.

Thread '[OP8] Modded Google Camera with HDR+, Astrophotography and Google AWD' https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-hdr-astrophotography-and-google-awd.4151709/
    Search for payload dumper. Can be used in Windows as a standalone program, or making use of Python3 under Linux as well. Doing so, you will be able to extract the boot.img to be patched with Magisk. Very good explanations on howto, here on XDA.
    Either this or you flash it directly as a zip, which is what i did
    I'm loving the official Lineage and all set up without issue.
    There are a few niggles I have that make me wanna stick with Oxygen OS for now (until OP fall behind on thier updates for the device.
    • No Face Unlock?
    • No working wide-angle camera?
    • Volume slider doesn't work?
    So... while I'll be back in the near future. How do I revert back to stock?
    1. Yes, No Face unlock
    2. It's working
    3. Volume sliders works perfectly
    Copying bugs from the closed thread with some additions:

1) Display is too light on minimal brightness, it's not comfortable to use in darkness. Also, it seems its too dark on maximum brightness, but I am not sure.

2) Phone speaker too loud on minimal volume. Everybody in room can hear my interlocutor.

3) Gravitation sensor work fine in apps like SatStat, but not in camera apps: OpenCamera and GCam. While making a photo, horizontal line in camera react to position change very, very slowly. It take about 15 seconds to display real horizon.

4) Not sure its a software problem, but nevertheless: Acc daemon + AccA app cannot limit battery charging voltage. This feature is very usefull to prolong battery live.

5) Phone setting to check Proximity settings before activation is not working, so, phone aims to go active in pocket. Proximity sensor itself is working (proved with SatStat app).

6) May be related to (1). Light sensor shows illumination value about 2..6 times more that it should be (tested with SatStat on a few devices). Error multiplicator not so big in dark place and grows with illumination level.