[ROM][OFFICIAL][instantnoodle][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

aggelos_zax05

Jul 12, 2018
Mitilene
Hello guys, is this rom a good anmd stable OxygenOS replacement? I heavily depend on Google Pay so i need that working. Any bugs or issues that i should know about in this rom? Thanks a lot, im looking forwards flashing this!

cloudreamer

Jan 1, 2022
Hello guys, is this rom a good anmd stable OxygenOS replacement? I heavily depend on Google Pay so i need that working. Any bugs or issues that i should know about in this rom? Thanks a lot, im looking forwards flashing this!
Do not worry, it is a nice and clean rom, but it does have face unlock, and auto brightness is not sensitive. Do not forget to flash Gapps.

CurlyTemple

Jan 26, 2022
Stuck on the boot animation for 2hours -- please help! The buttons will not turn the phone off and power + volume down is not working to enter recovery mode. I have a brand new OP8 (instantnoodle) IN2013 model running OOS 11 with the latest firmware updates. I previously unlocked the bootloader installed TWRP and successfully took a backup. I did not root the phone. I copied the partitions as in the LOS Install instructions, rebooted to recovery mode, wiped the important stuff, sideloaded the Lineage for MicroG 18.1 file I downloaded from GitHub, then rebooted.

This is way longer than a regular extra long first boot after ROM installation. ADB doesn't find the device when I plug it into my PC, so I can't even reboot to recovery with adb commands. Help!

aggelos_zax05

Jul 12, 2018
Mitilene
Stuck on the boot animation for 2hours -- please help! The buttons will not turn the phone off and power + volume down is not working to enter recovery mode. I have a brand new OP8 (instantnoodle) IN2013 model running OOS 11 with the latest firmware updates. I previously unlocked the bootloader installed TWRP and successfully took a backup. I did not root the phone. I copied the partitions as in the LOS Install instructions, rebooted to recovery mode, wiped the important stuff, sideloaded the Lineage for MicroG 18.1 file I downloaded from GitHub, then rebooted.

This is way longer than a regular extra long first boot after ROM installation. ADB doesn't find the device when I plug it into my PC, so I can't even reboot to recovery with adb commands. Help!
Use msm to revert back to OOS. If you need help, contact us in telegram. "https://t.me/op8discussion"

cloudreamer

Jan 1, 2022
I like this rom for its simple clean stable experience, but recently my phone would flash when i unlock the secreen.

Feb 21, 2022
So I keep getting this stupid pattern with trying to unlock my oneplus 8 phone, I have the token from oneplus

I can see my device in fastboot devices
I type fastboot flash boot (file location)
It looks like its going to work and then says:

target reported max download size of 805306368 bytes
sending 'boot' (0 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.000s]
writing 'boot'...
FAILED (remote: Flashing is not allowed in Lock State)

Is that not why I got that token??

I try fastboot oem unlock and I get

FAILED (remote: Please flash unlock token first.)
finished. total time: 0.000s

I am in this stupid circle of death!!!!!

FoxyDrew

Aug 18, 2014
East Taunton
So I keep getting this stupid pattern with trying to unlock my oneplus 8 phone, I have the token from oneplus

I can see my device in fastboot devices
I type fastboot flash boot (file location)
It looks like its going to work and then says:

target reported max download size of 805306368 bytes
sending 'boot' (0 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.000s]
writing 'boot'...
FAILED (remote: Flashing is not allowed in Lock State)

Is that not why I got that token??

I try fastboot oem unlock and I get

FAILED (remote: Please flash unlock token first.)
finished. total time: 0.000s

I am in this stupid circle of death!!!!!
"fastboot flash cust-unlock Unlock_Code.bin"

now u can unlock your bootloader

Feb 21, 2022
I was shortening up the wording because I was assuming anyone that knows what's going on would get what I meant. Not sure what having 10 posts has to do with anything, obviously not claiming to know anything or I wouldn't be asking. lol. I have tried everything that I have found on the web to try and came back with nothing so I am trying to see if anyone on here knows how to get paste where I am at.

FoxyDrew

Aug 18, 2014
East Taunton
I was shortening up the wording because I was assuming anyone that knows what's going on would get what I meant. Not sure what having 10 posts has to do with anything, obviously not claiming to know anything or I wouldn't be asking. lol. I have tried everything that I have found on the web to try and came back with nothing so I am trying to see if anyone on here knows how to get paste where I am at.
No I was just saying I know I didn't miss what you said, because there was only 10 total posts so it would be hard to.

shortening "cust-unlock" to "boot" isn't shortening anything and just makes it confusing because "fastboot flash boot" and "fastboot flash cust-unlock" are both their own seperate commands that handle different partitions, you can't just shorten the term your using to a different word lol.

Do you have a T-Mobile device?

cracked-screen

Jun 12, 2016
OnePlus 8
Is anyone else having issues with the fingerprint scanner being noticeably worse than it was on Oxygen OS? Sometimes it just stops recognising my fingerprints altogether until I restart the phone. At the best of times, it takes a few attempts to recognise it. On Oxygen OS, it was extremely quick and very accurate.

Reactions: cloudreamer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi @astro2737
    Nope -I never had this issue.

-and-

Hi @cracked-screen
    A bit late, but I also don't have the fingerprint scanner issue. I use this rom now for two weeks and it always works very well.
    @anishpratheepan Hello bro, did u still developing? we can expect los19 from your hand?
    +1 the maintainer is still rolling out builds, hopefully we can see LOS 19.1 roll out soon for the 8 series as the 6T already got the update ironically. The unofficial 19.1 build and crDroid are as close as we can get to LOS 19.1 atm (I wouldn't recommend running the unofficial 19.1 though)
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Kernel source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8250
    {Mod edit: Link to kernel source added on request of OP}

Donate:
    Hi @astro2737
    Nope -I never had this issue.

-and-

Hi @cracked-screen
    A bit late, but I also don't have the fingerprint scanner issue. I use this rom now for two weeks and it always works very well.
    1. Yes, No Face unlock
    2. It's working
    3. Volume sliders works perfectly
    My vol slider is perfect and download
    I'm loving the official Lineage and all set up without issue.
    There are a few niggles I have that make me wanna stick with Oxygen OS for now (until OP fall behind on their updates for the device.
    • No Face Unlock?
    • No working wide-angle camera?
    • Volume slider doesn't work?
    So... while I'll be back in the near future. How do I revert back to stock?
    Back on OS via MSS tool for now but will be following this thread and development closely :)
    Op isn't falling behind on anything ? This is the first build for op8. Perfect fp scanner no need for face unlock at all,as good as stock. My volume slider works like stock build also & download a different cam. We owe these people our thanks, not our complaints.

Here is link to Wichaya. Download and install the apk. These are the gold standard for our devices. Work nicely right out the box.

Thread '[OP8] Modded Google Camera with HDR+, Astrophotography and Google AWD' https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-hdr-astrophotography-and-google-awd.4151709/
    Hoping for Lineage 19.1, Prayge
    Search for payload dumper. Can be used in Windows as a standalone program, or making use of Python3 under Linux as well. Doing so, you will be able to extract the boot.img to be patched with Magisk. Very good explanations on howto, here on XDA.
    Either this or you flash it directly as a zip, which is what i did