[ROM][OFFICIAL][instantnoodle][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

bruelltaube

Oct 10, 2015
Did you install micro-g? If not, how's your messaging working?
I'm not using micro-g. For messaging I use Signal and Threema (to reach most of my contacts outside of Whatsapp, which I refuse to use) and both apps make use of polling. I'm using Signal for standard text messages as well.

ld626

Feb 5, 2014
Florida
I'm not using micro-g. For messaging I use Signal and Threema (to reach most of my contacts outside of Whatsapp, which I refuse to use) and both apps make use of polling. I'm using Signal for standard text messages as well.
I was refering to text messages, sorry I should've mention that, I used LOS without google svcs and also Graphene OS and I had problem with text messages, sometimes it got delayed but I didn't use signal back then, I'll give it another try with signal, google is SO annoying and whatsapp along with FB are the worse apps you can have it on your phone.

Last edited:

shubham1998

Sep 11, 2014
Great rom, very fast and great battery life.
I have been using it since the first official build and have dirty flashed the updates since then. But since the last week I have been facing issues with my fingerprint scanner. If I reboot the phone then it works perfectly but after sometime it stops working and the only way to get it working again is to reboot.
I clean flashed the previous build (May 22) to check if the problem was with the latest one but I am still facing the issue. Can someone please help me. Thanks!
Edit - I dont know if it is useful but when the fingerprint scanner stops working, the max screen brightness is reduced and I see a green tint on the screen.

Last edited:

nono77240

Mar 18, 2011
OnePlus 8
06/05 update installed with the updater done without any problem. Root even stayed. Everything working flawlessly and the battery is really good. Thanks

Zuub

Jun 5, 2021
UAE
OnePlus 8
Great rom. Super smooth and awesome battery life.

But I have issues with volte not working even though the settings are visible and enabled (even sim status showing voice quality: LTE). Yet calls are switching over from LTE to H

Anyone have a fix for this?

Rootmaster906

Dec 2, 2020
Nexus 6
Samsung Galaxy Note 10
Still unknown. NikGapps work fine but break "hey google". Working with ultranoob one of the maintainers to get sorted out. I'll lyk asap. Use Nikgapps if you don't use your assistant hands free. Adb sideload name of package. Through Lineage recovery

i tried flashing nik gapps, and it said error, storage is full. i factory reset, then advanced wipe dalvik and data, flashed rom and gapps then got the error

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
i tried flashing nik gapps, and it said error, storage is full. i factory reset, then advanced wipe dalvik and data, flashed rom and gapps then got the error
I don't have device any longer but remember having to sideload rom. Reboot recovery wipe data, reboot recovery,then sideloading gapps after that process. Before you ever boot into system though.

nono77240

Mar 18, 2011
OnePlus 8
anyone else getting system has forced close... close or wait? it happend on this rom and pixel experience.
I didn't get any force close on both Rom. PE+ and LOS works perfectly for me.
Everytime I did an install, I'm going back to OOS with msm tool, then do the last OOS update, then oem unlock and follow the process. Never had any issue, except for the sbc dual Channel that doesn't work for me 😔

Rootmaster906

Dec 2, 2020
Nexus 6
Samsung Galaxy Note 10
I didn't get any force close on both Rom. PE+ and LOS works perfectly for me.
Everytime I did an install, I'm going back to OOS with msm tool, then do the last OOS update, then oem unlock and follow the process. Never had any issue, except for the sbc dual Channel that doesn't work for me 😔
Is there not a TWRP installer for this device that works?

Rootmaster906

Dec 2, 2020
Nexus 6
Samsung Galaxy Note 10
I don't have device any longer but remember having to sideload rom. Reboot recovery wipe data, reboot recovery,then sideloading gapps after that process. Before you ever boot into system though.
So...I wipe data after flashing ROM...reboot recovery, then flash Gapps...then reboot recovery and wipe again? Thanks
Stoked to have an official build! It installs & runs great, thanks to all who made this possible for OP8!
It's nice to know it will always be updated and maintained - I was on DOT OS and loved it with Hasty kernel but the thread appears dead so here I am.
Plz share your installation process... Seems like I'm getting conflicting posts. Thanks

mobile_sensei

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2011
Washington DC
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 10 Pro
So...I wipe data after flashing ROM...reboot recovery, then flash Gapps...then reboot recovery and wipe again? Thanks

Plz share your installation process... Seems like I'm getting conflicting posts. Thanks

Download the ROM And Use Adb Sideload in recovery(check1st comment)

OR IF SIDELOAD DOES NOT WORK THEN DO THE FOLLOWING

Download payload dumper and extract its zip
Now connect your device to your PC via usb cable
Now do all these commands one by one (Click enter after every command):-
"fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"
"fastboot flash boot boot.img"
"fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img"
"fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta vbmeta.img"
"fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img"
"fastboot reboot fastboot"
"fastboot flash system system.img"
"fastboot flash product product.img"
"fastboot flash system_ext system_ext.img"
"fastboot flash odm odm.img"
"fastboot flash vendor vendor.img"
"fastboot reboot recovery"
Go to factory reset and click yes (If ur coming from another ROM)
Reboot to system
[First boot will take a few minutes! Have patience]
Clean Flash is always recommended!

Reactions: Rootmaster906

bruelltaube

Oct 10, 2015
I've detected that fingerprint fails if night mode is enabled. Can anyone try to confirm this issue? Thanks in advance
I'm running my device with nightmode always enabled (just like the colour setup, no other reason beside that). No problems with fingerprint here. Only once had to reboot, because fingerprint did not respond.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Kernel source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8250
    {Mod edit: Link to kernel source added on request of OP}

Donate:
    For completness: I fixed my issue. It was not due to the recent/last update. I changed more or less in parallel to the last update my data plan to safe money. Apparently that enabled 5G -which I did not have before. It seems that 5G needs a lot of energy. I disabled it in my settings and now everything is back to normal.
    1. Yes, No Face unlock
    2. It's working
    3. Volume sliders works perfectly
    My vol slider is perfect and download
    I'm loving the official Lineage and all set up without issue.
    There are a few niggles I have that make me wanna stick with Oxygen OS for now (until OP fall behind on their updates for the device.
    • No Face Unlock?
    • No working wide-angle camera?
    • Volume slider doesn't work?
    So... while I'll be back in the near future. How do I revert back to stock?
    Back on OS via MSS tool for now but will be following this thread and development closely :)
    Op isn't falling behind on anything ? This is the first build for op8. Perfect fp scanner no need for face unlock at all,as good as stock. My volume slider works like stock build also & download a different cam. We owe these people our thanks, not our complaints.

Here is link to Wichaya. Download and install the apk. These are the gold standard for our devices. Work nicely right out the box.

Thread '[OP8] Modded Google Camera with HDR+, Astrophotography and Google AWD' https://xdaforums.com/t/op8-modded-google-camera-with-hdr-astrophotography-and-google-awd.4151709/
    Hoping for Lineage 19.1, Prayge
    Search for payload dumper. Can be used in Windows as a standalone program, or making use of Python3 under Linux as well. Doing so, you will be able to extract the boot.img to be patched with Magisk. Very good explanations on howto, here on XDA.
    Either this or you flash it directly as a zip, which is what i did