• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

ROM[OFFICIAL][instantnoodlep][11.0]**crDroid**[V7.11]

Search This thread

Binary Assault

May 25, 2016
OnePlus 8 Pro
What is the proper way to upgrade? Just tried with the built in updater and now I'm stuck with a crash dump on boot.

Edit -
After some hectic tinkering, I was able to revert back to the previous release. I'll spend some time attempting to update again tomorrow since I can successfully revert.

I searched this entire thread and couldn't find how to revert, so here's some helpful info for anyone in this situation:
My symptoms:
Post update, crDroid logo freezes a few seconds in, eventually ends up at crashdump

To revert:
Make sure you have the install-files for the version to revert to (refer to page 1)
Extract those locally
Reboot your phone into fastboot (hold power until off, then hold power and volume down until you get to the unlocked bootloader warning)
Plug your 1+8 in
Open a command prompt
CD to wherever you extracted your install-toolfies
Set the active slot back to a:
fastboot set_active a
press enter

Run ROMInstaller.bat from the same command prompt window
Grab some coffee
Follow instructions in page 1 for root/gapps
profit

Last edited:

firebird11

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Gasselcity
What is the proper way to upgrade? Just tried with the built in updater and now I'm stuck with a crash dump on boot.

Edit -
After some hectic tinkering, I was able to revert back to the previous release. I'll spend some time attempting to update again tomorrow since I can successfully revert.

I searched this entire thread and couldn't find how to revert, so here's some helpful info for anyone in this situation:
My symptoms:
Post update, crDroid logo freezes a few seconds in, eventually ends up at crashdump

To revert:
Make sure you have the install-files for the version to revert to (refer to page 1)
Extract those locally
Reboot your phone into fastboot (hold power until off, then hold power and volume down until you get to the unlocked bootloader warning)
Plug your 1+8 in
Open a command prompt
CD to wherever you extracted your install-toolfies
Set the active slot back to a:

press enter

Run ROMInstaller.bat from the same command prompt window
Grab some coffee
Follow instructions in page 1 for root/gapps
profit
did you use MindTheGapps ?
then upgrading tru internal updater shouldn't be a problem

Binary Assault

May 25, 2016
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hopefully last update from me for now...
Tried the updater one more time with the version released today and still stuck in a crash dump
Restored the previous version following my instructions above
Installed opengapps via sideload
Booted into device
Rebooted into the bootloader
Ran RomInstaller for the latest build
Installed OpenGapps via sideload
Booted into device
Then back to bootloader to re-root since it was lost at some point

Booted just fine. So I'd say the internal updater is having an issue. Not sure if its because I am on Radioactive kernel or using OpenGapps or something else.

Binary Assault

May 25, 2016
OnePlus 8 Pro
Latest update is running really smooth. Fingerprint issue where an app behind the fingerprint gets clicked on successful login seems to have been fixed. Also whatever was causing random crash dumps 2x revs ago is fixed too. Nice work OP.

firebird11

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Gasselcity
Hopefully last update from me for now...
Tried the updater one more time with the version released today and still stuck in a crash dump
Restored the previous version following my instructions above
Installed opengapps via sideload
Booted into device
Rebooted into the bootloader
Ran RomInstaller for the latest build
Installed OpenGapps via sideload
Booted into device
Then back to bootloader to re-root since it was lost at some point

Booted just fine. So I'd say the internal updater is having an issue. Not sure if its because I am on Radioactive kernel or using OpenGapps or something else.
yes, it's a gapps issue, use MindTheGapps

Reactions: Binary Assault

Rob014

Dec 10, 2010
Apologies if this has been asked to death, I did search but couldn't find anything conclusive. So it looks line the oos camera is included in this ROM now, does it perform exactly as stock ROM? Camera is pretty important to me so would like to know before I start flashing (currently running stock). I would use gcam too but it seems stock cam performs better in most situations so need that to work.

Binary Assault

May 25, 2016
OnePlus 8 Pro
Apologies if this has been asked to death, I did search but couldn't find anything conclusive. So it looks line the oos camera is included in this ROM now, does it perform exactly as stock ROM? Camera is pretty important to me so would like to know before I start flashing (currently running stock). I would use gcam too but it seems stock cam performs better in most situations so need that to work.
Yes it uses stock OOS camera. I actually never ran stock OOS so I cannot comment on any differences. The only issue I am aware of is that wide angle isn't functional in the OOS cam, works in GCAM though.

I am not on the latest version (1 behind today's release). I don't know if the wide angle camera is fixed in this version.

Reactions: Rob014

Rob014

Dec 10, 2010
Yes it uses stock OOS camera. I actually never ran stock OOS so I cannot comment on any differences. The only issue I am aware of is that wide angle isn't functional in the OOS cam, works in GCAM though.

I am not on the latest version (1 behind today's release). I don't know if the wide angle camera is fixed in this version.
Thanks, interesting to know. I take it gcam wide angle still has edge distortion issue?

bin1youghurt

Nov 12, 2020

The ultrawide angle cam works in OOS cam, you just have to turn off the ultra wide lens correction in the settings.

Reactions: greatestandroidfan

d3viou5

Jun 4, 2007
Hey all, so I’ve been out the loop for a couple of years, went to the dark side for a while and the last android I had was the lg v30 so my knowledge is a bit lacking. I wanna get this installed a.s.a.p but need clarification on a couple of things……hope you can help:

there’s no twrp for this phone correct? I was very comfortable with twrp, is this not necessary any more? :(

In the instructions it says to ensure both slots are android 11. Mine is new, and I’ve only just updated to 11, so presumably only 1 is slot is on 11. How do I achieve this on both? Wait for another update?

there are some instructions on installing magisk but they are a bit vague. I extract the boot loader, patch it, copy it to a pc, adb boot from the patched boot.img then use magisk manager to copy it to the boot loader? Is that right? Why not just flash it straight from adb?

Any Particular mind the gaps I should install? Again this has to be adb’d presumably?

Thanks for your help everyone, appreciate it.

Binary Assault

May 25, 2016
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hey all, so I’ve been out the loop for a couple of years, went to the dark side for a while and the last android I had was the lg v30 so my knowledge is a bit lacking. I wanna get this installed a.s.a.p but need clarification on a couple of things……hope you can help:

there’s no twrp for this phone correct? I was very comfortable with twrp, is this not necessary any more? :(

In the instructions it says to ensure both slots are android 11. Mine is new, and I’ve only just updated to 11, so presumably only 1 is slot is on 11. How do I achieve this on both? Wait for another update?

there are some instructions on installing magisk but they are a bit vague. I extract the boot loader, patch it, copy it to a pc, adb boot from the patched boot.img then use magisk manager to copy it to the boot loader? Is that right? Why not just flash it straight from adb?

Any Particular mind the gaps I should install? Again this has to be adb’d presumably?

Thanks for your help everyone, appreciate it.
First, for just a quick read, see my post here for some tidbits of help

There is no TWRP for the 1+8P (probably 1+8 as well) that works with Android 11 (and probably never will be). Even in A10 for the 1+8, TWRP couldn't backup/restore partitions. I personally think it's handy and wish I had it because I took nandroids anytime I did anything wonky to the system and it allowed me to recover faster.

There are now two slots for flashing you can read about them here. To flash to slot A or B, you can look over how I did it above (here). However, I did not flash both slots personally. I just used the MSM tool to flash stock OOS A11 then followed install instructions. Maybe the MSM tool flashes both slots.

For Magisk, you're almost right. Not sure why you can't flash straight from adb, but this is how I did it:
1. Install cRDroid
2. Grab boot.img from the install files (no need to use payload dumper as the image is included) and move it to your phone
3. Install Magisk Canary (or just install Magisk and switch it to Canary in the settings)
4. In Magisk, click 'Select and Patch a File'
5. Follow instructions and select the boot.img file you grabbed in step #2
6. Plug your phone into a computer and grab the magisk image that is patched (think its in downloads, Magisk console will tell you the location when complete)
7. Open a command windows
8. adb boot (magisk boot image copied locally filename).img
9. Once the rom boots, go back into Magisk and click 'Direct Install'.
10. Follow instructions and profit.

I tried MindTheGapps and it bootlooped me (not sure why). Probably grabbed a non-compatible one. I am using OpenGapps right now but that breaks the Updater. You sideload it via fastbootd after Rom install, it's in the OP on how to do it.

Binary Assault

May 25, 2016
OnePlus 8 Pro
I broke Safety Net. Bank apps are stilling working. I can't even pass safety net with magiskhide props config.
I think this isn't ROM related (assuming your issue is ctsProfile and not basicIntegrity). This is an issue with something google did today (or maybe recently). If you go look at the github for magiskhide props, he made a change and brought back force BASIC key attestation today.

But enabling that didn't work for me. For now we have to sit around until someone comes up with a fix.

Top Liked Posts