• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

ROM[OFFICIAL][instantnoodlep][11.0]**crDroid**[V7.11]

Search This thread

bouchigo

Jan 17, 2008
Stockton
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 8 Pro
I think this isn't ROM related (assuming your issue is ctsProfile and not basicIntegrity). This is an issue with something google did today (or maybe recently). If you go look at the github for magiskhide props, he made a change and brought back force BASIC key attestation today.

But enabling that didn't work for me. For now we have to sit around until someone comes up with a fix.
It's been fixed already. A fix was pushed earlier today. I built crdroid for myself earlier, and back in business.

1.jpg
2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Binary Assault

Binary Assault

May 25, 2016
OnePlus 8 Pro
It's been fixed already. A fix was pushed earlier today. I built crdroid for myself earlier, and back in business.

View attachment 5402135View attachment 5402137
Did you push a merge request for the fix? Or is the fix released elsewhere for Rom devs to integrate?

Nice work. I'd actually be interested in building it myself, is there something I can follow to get setup? I'm a dev myself, just never spent time tinkering with android, always wanted to though.

bouchigo

Jan 17, 2008
Stockton
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 8 Pro
Did you push a merge request for the fix? Or is the fix released elsewhere for Rom devs to integrate?

Nice work. I'd actually be interested in building it myself, is there something I can follow to get setup? I'm a dev myself, just never spent time tinkering with android, always wanted to though.
It's been pushed on the crdroid github (not by me): https://github.com/crdroidandroid/a...mmit/999d21edcde6215d5ad77503365ad7199787d62b

I'm sure there are guides out there on how to do it, I've just been doing it on my own for a while.

You can start here, but you will have to do extra things on your own to get it fully working/building: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android

Reactions: Binary Assault

d3viou5

Jun 4, 2007
Thanks to @Binary Assault for the comprehensive reply. I'm still a little hung up on the whole slot thing:

In the OP it says to be sure you are on android 11 on both slots. But in the lineage install documentation here it says:

In some cases slot b can be unpopulated or contain much older firmware than slot a, leading to various issues including a potential hard-brick. We can ensure none of that will happen by copying the contents of slot a to slot b. This step is NOT optional.

As crdroid is based on Lineage (i think) isn't this something we have to do with this rom as well? Whether it is or not, I would expect it to be a requirement for any rom given the A/B partition setup. I vaguely remember when I had a Mi A2 having to flash images to both slots either that or roms would be designed to operate on either A, B or A/B slots.

Presumably you could flash the same rom to a different slot by fasboot set active slot A / B then flashing. Is this recommended / not? Or am I overthinking this?

Thanks to @Binary Assault for the comprehensive reply. I'm still a little hung up on the whole slot thing:

In the OP it says to be sure you are on android 11 on both slots. But in the lineage install documentation here it says:

In some cases slot b can be unpopulated or contain much older firmware than slot a, leading to various issues including a potential hard-brick. We can ensure none of that will happen by copying the contents of slot a to slot b. This step is NOT optional.

As crdroid is based on Lineage (i think) isn't this something we have to do with this rom as well? Whether it is or not, I would expect it to be a requirement for any rom given the A/B partition setup. I vaguely remember when I had a Mi A2 having to flash images to both slots either that or roms would be designed to operate on either A, B or A/B slots.

Presumably you could flash the same rom to a different slot by fasboot set active slot A / B then flashing. Is this recommended / not? Or am I overthinking this?
Some partitions of the original FW (OxygenOS) are used with LOS/Crdroid and they are expected to be from an android 11 Oxygen installation. If you had Oxygen on android 10 and updated it, it is possible that one slot still has old files from android 10.
"be on the latest firmware on both slots"
If you are not sure use this: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/instantnoodlep/fw_update

Reactions: d3viou5

d3viou5

Jun 4, 2007
Some partitions of the original FW (OxygenOS) are used with LOS/Crdroid and they are expected to be from an android 11 Oxygen installation. If you had Oxygen on android 10 and updated it, it is possible that one slot still has old files from android 10.
"be on the latest firmware on both slots"
If you are not sure use this: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/instantnoodlep/fw_update
Thanks for this...... makes sense.

So..... in trying to flash following these instructions I get:

fastboot: error: Could not check if partition abl has slot all

Is this something I need to do AFTER I've flashed CrDroid?

Thanks for this...... makes sense.

So..... in trying to flash following these instructions I get:

fastboot: error: Could not check if partition abl has slot all

Is this something I need to do AFTER I've flashed CrDroid?
I would recommend to do it before flashing crdroid but it should not matter as long as you don't boot crdroid.
I don't know about that error. Are you using the latest fastboot? Also i would recommend booting the lineage recovery with the normal fastboot and than using fastbootd form the lineage recovery. I always have problems with the normal fastboot from Oneplus.

d3viou5

Jun 4, 2007
3. Install Magisk Canary (or just install Magisk and switch it to Canary in the settings)

Hey, can you tell me how you installed Magisk Canary? I'm assuming I set a custom URL in the update section of Magisk, but this one seems to have been depreciated and after searching on the internet the only thing I can find is random APK's that have been uploaded to various sites and I'm not installing those.

Otherwise thanks for everyone's help. Rocking CRDroid and all is good! Love this rom.......

Thanks again

hks18psigst

Aug 16, 2009
Hey, can you tell me how you installed Magisk Canary? I'm assuming I set a custom URL in the update section of Magisk, but this one seems to have been depreciated and after searching on the internet the only thing I can find is random APK's that have been uploaded to various sites and I'm not installing those.

Otherwise thanks for everyone's help. Rocking CRDroid and all is good! Love this rom.......

Thanks again

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210909-080058768 (1).jpg
    Screenshot_20210909-080058768 (1).jpg
    599.6 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: d3viou5

d3viou5

Jun 4, 2007
Not sure, it happened exacltly like in the instructions. I installed 2.7.2.1 first, installed the driver through the app. Auto rebooted, uninstalled 2.7.2.1 and installed 2.7.1.6 which force closed, then uninstalled, and re-installed 2.7.2.1 and it worked.

Does it force close, or fail to install? Maybe the zip with the APK's in it corrupted? I've attached the 2.7.1.6 apk below, but it should be the same as the one in the other thread.

Not gonna lie this is a very hacky method......I do wonder whether the difference between all the installs I tried in the past which required SELinux to be permissive and this one which worked is Busybox. Thats the only difference and I vaguely remember busybox being a requirement for V4A back when the Arise mods were around.

Attachments

• v4afx-2.7.1.6.apk
    2.9 MB · Views: 10

Binary Assault

May 25, 2016
OnePlus 8 Pro
Not sure, it happened exacltly like in the instructions. I installed 2.7.2.1 first, installed the driver through the app. Auto rebooted, uninstalled 2.7.2.1 and installed 2.7.1.6 which force closed, then uninstalled, and re-installed 2.7.2.1 and it worked.

Does it force close, or fail to install? Maybe the zip with the APK's in it corrupted? I've attached the 2.7.1.6 apk below, but it should be the same as the one in the other thread.

Not gonna lie this is a very hacky method......I do wonder whether the difference between all the installs I tried in the past which required SELinux to be permissive and this one which worked is Busybox. Thats the only difference and I vaguely remember busybox being a requirement for V4A back when the Arise mods were around.
Nope, just doesn't install. I'll remove everything and try again.

Edit- turned out that when I uninstalled it via my launcher (Hyperion) it must've left some stuff behind. I used an app called app manager to do the install of 2.7.1.6 and it detected 2.7.2.1 was installed and gave the option to downgrade, which worked.

Had the same issues a you though and had to uninstall then enable legacy mode but it's working! Nice job. I really enjoy the v4a mod and glad it's back

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210910-075452457.jpg
    Screenshot_20210910-075452457.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

d3viou5

Jun 4, 2007
It's been pushed on the crdroid github (not by me): https://github.com/crdroidandroid/a...mmit/999d21edcde6215d5ad77503365ad7199787d62b

I'm sure there are guides out there on how to do it, I've just been doing it on my own for a while.

You can start here, but you will have to do extra things on your own to get it fully working/building: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android
Hey, I've been trying to build this myself and I've got to the part where I extract the vendor blobs but only some come through. I've detailed it more in this post but I believe it's because I'm missing ADB root debugging in developer options. Any chance you can help me out?
Thanks.

bouchigo

Jan 17, 2008
Stockton
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hey, I've been trying to build this myself and I've got to the part where I extract the vendor blobs but only some come through. I've detailed it more in this post but I believe it's because I'm missing ADB root debugging in developer options. Any chance you can help me out?
Thanks.
PM me. I don't want to clog up the thread with this.

Reactions: ps000000
Dec 7, 2018
OnePlus 8 Pro
Just encountered a problem. During an incoming call, the call info doesn't show up on the screen and the phone just rings. So neither am I able to receive nor reject the calls. Is anyone facing the same issue? Help would be appreciated.

Top Liked Posts